Camp Tweets 8/6

flgreen

1. Fitz tried to hit Graham deep but put way too much under it. Allowed Marcus Williams to make the pick to close out practice #JetsCamp #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

That's a wrap

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Maybe I spoke too soon. Defense wins the end of practice #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Looked like Allen was hurt pre-snap, with no contact. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Trainers taking a look at Antonio Allen. Coach Bowles presser coming up after this period. Practice over.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Up and down for Fitzpatrick today. Geno solid. Smart decisions. Lots of short stuff...screens and check downs. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Antonio Allen actually hasn't been carted off yet. On sideline. Sitting. Looks like he has head in his hands. Teammates consoling him. #Jets

1. Bowles said he initially has been told they think it's an Achilles injury for Antonio Allen.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Initial thought is that Antonio Allen injured his achilles at end of practice. Bowles unsure of severity right now. #NYJ

1 retweet0 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite
    More

Todd Bowles said initial indication is Antonio Allen hurt his Achilles. Not sure severity yet #jets

1. Bowles said he initially has been told they think it's an Achilles injury for Antonio Allen.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Initial thought is that Antonio Allen injured his achilles at end of practice. Bowles unsure of severity right now. #NYJ

1 retweet0 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite
    More

Todd Bowles said initial indication is Antonio Allen hurt his Achilles. Not sure severity yet #jets

That sucks

1. Bowles says initial reports on Antonio Allen's late-practice injury is an Achilles. Severity very much unknown.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Antonio Allen injured his Achilles. Unsure the severity, etc. It happened at end of practice. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles said Allen's initial prognosis is an Achilles injury. Not sure the severity #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles aaid it's an Achilles on Allen. No diagnosis yet. #Jets

View 1 new Tweet

Bowles on Wilkerson: "I'm still not concerned about it."

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Wilkerson is "day to day" and Bowles says he's still not concerned about the hammy. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles still not concerned about Wilkerson's hammy. Remains day-to-day with tightness. #NYJ

Just got home and read through all of these tweets. Looks like Idzik's draft picks/players he brought in dominated today's camp. 

Maybe the problem was coaching. 

I've been saying that for years.  Finally feel like we have competent mentors in the organization now.

Tell that to the fans who said that everything Idzik did was a failure. 

And not all of the guys were rookies. Idzik was here for 2 years. 

Let's slow down, preseason hasn't even started yet. You can't use training camp to say I told you so.

And who has impressed you more of the non rookies: Aboushi, Winters, Pryor? Milliner, he's standing out? How's William Campbell doing? Tommy Bohanon? What camp is he in?

I've been saying that for years.  Finally feel like we have competent mentors in the organization now.

I agree. I felt like the Jets defense for the most part was solid, but there were times when our defense didnt look so good. Our offense I simply never had any confidence in. This Training camp is unlike any that I can remember to be honest. 

We have a loaded defense yet our offense is really pushing the limits. I think this Todd Bowles/Chan Gailey experience will be something to remember in a positive way. 

In fact, it may be the first time I've seen his name mentioned,  which I guess is a good thing for an offensive lineman.

Yeah, I would think no news is good news for a OLinemen. We haven't heard much about Mangold or Brick either--aside from an incomplete pass that was designed for Brick who was eligible.

Let's slow down, preseason hasn't even started yet. You can't use training camp to say I told you so.

And who has impressed you more of the non rookies: Aboushi, Winters, Pryor? Milliner, he's standing out? How's William Campbell doing? Tommy Bohanon? What camp is he in?

Lol. No one is saying I told you so. I said that that it looked like Idzik's boys dominated camp today and I alluded to it possibly being because of a difference in the coaching staff. Thats all I did. You said "Or that they were rookies last year". Guys like Geno and Decker werent rookies last year. 

And I can answer your question multiple ways. We can start with addition by subtraction. You know who hasnt impressed me this camp? Rex Ryan doing stupid stuff like moonlighting Harvin at corner or David Lee and his job with EJ, Matt and that other no name QB out there in Buffalo. (Maybe you can see my comment about the coaching staff now). 

As for Jets players Chris Owusu has been looking great from what I hear. He wasnt a rookie last year. Eric Decker is looking like a great signing. Geno has been looking really good this camp. He wasnt a rookie last year either. And as for the rookies last year, IK is looking like a beast, McDougle has been the rave since spring. Marcus Williams ends the practice with a pick today. Shaq and Enunwa look like they have the capability to make this team. I added those guys because none of those rookies provided anything for the squad last year except Williams who was found mid season by Idzik. 

Im not crowning anyone, I simply made a statement. But as usual, if it has anything to do with giving Idzik props then its always "lets slow down". 

Archived