Camp Tweets 8/6

flgreen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. No one is saying I told you so. I said that that it looked like Idzik's boys dominated camp today and I alluded to it possibly being because of a difference in the coaching staff. Thats all I did. You said "Or that they were rookies last year". Guys like Geno and Decker werent rookies last year. 

And I can answer you question multiple ways. We can start with addition by subtraction. You know who hasnt impressed me this camp? Rex Ryan doing stupid stuff like moonlighting Harvin at corner or David Lee and his job with EJ, Matt and that other no name QB out there in Buffalo. (Maybe you can see my comment about the coaching staff now). 

As for Jets players Chris Owusu has been looking great from what I hear. He wasnt a rookie last year. Eric Decker is looking like a great signing. Geno has been looking really good this camp. He wasnt a rookie last year either. And as for the rookies last year, IK is looking like a beast, McDougle has been the rave since spring. Marcus Williams ends the practice with a pick today. Shaq and Enunwa look like they have the capability to make this team. I added those guys because none of those rookies provided anything for the squad last year except Williams who was found mid season by Idzik. 

Im not crowning anyone, I simply made a statement. But as usual, if it has anything to do with giving Idzik props then its always "lets slow down". 

Don't be shocked, anything having to do with Idzik (The One Who Won't Be Named) will get you flack.

But your points are valid, people are always too fast to rush to judgment on drafts.  It's good to see

our young players "flashing" early on, it couldn't be the coaching could it???

Lol. No one is saying I told you so. I said that that it looked like Idzik's boys dominated camp today and I alluded to it possibly being because of a difference in the coaching staff. Thats all I did. You said "Or that they were rookies last year". Guys like Geno and Decker werent rookies last year. 

And I can answer your question multiple ways. We can start with addition by subtraction. You know who hasnt impressed me this camp? Rex Ryan doing stupid stuff like moonlighting Harvin at corner or David Lee and his job with EJ, Matt and that other no name QB out there in Buffalo. (Maybe you can see my comment about the coaching staff now). 

As for Jets players Chris Owusu has been looking great from what I hear. He wasnt a rookie last year. Eric Decker is looking like a great signing. Geno has been looking really good this camp. He wasnt a rookie last year either. And as for the rookies last year, IK is looking like a beast, McDougle has been the rave since spring. Marcus Williams ends the practice with a pick today. Shaq and Enunwa look like they have the capability to make this team. I added those guys because none of those rookies provided anything for the squad last year except Williams who was found mid season by Idzik. 

Im not crowning anyone, I simply made a statement. But as usual, if it has anything to do with giving Idzik props then its always "lets slow down". 

Meanwhile Bowles is making a LB'er into a FB which is brilliant.. Did it ever occur to you that some players are better in year 2?? IK was flashing last year. McDougle was looking good till his injury last year in camp and people really noticed Williams play last year as well.. That said I'm happy as hell to have Bowles and the new staff lets see if he gets to the AFCCG this year.. :animal0029:

It came from the Ravens that had the play like a Raven slogan which is also silly..LOL

Yes yes. I know. And they stole it from Notre Dame, which they refuse to acknowledge. It still never gave it any meaning for us considering we suck historically. That would be like telling an actor to go out there and act like you're in Gigli.

Yes yes. I know. And they stole it from Notre Dame, which they refuse to acknowledge. It still never gave it any meaning for us considering we suck historically. That would be like telling an actor to go out there and act like you're in Gigli.

It depends on what history your looking at, In the Steelers first 32 seasons I think they only have 2 or 3 winning ones.. The Jets since kotite left have had 5 losing seasons in the same time the Cowboys have had 6 and only 1 playoff win..

Meanwhile Bowles is making a LB'er into a FB which is brilliant.. Did it ever occur to you that some players are better in year 2?? IK was flashing last year. McDougle was looking good till his injury last year in camp and people really noticed Williams play last year as well.. That said I'm happy as hell to have Bowles and the new staff lets see if he gets to the AFCCG this year.. :animal0029:

Yeah, you mean the undrafted rookie free agent Julian Hosware who is trying to make the team? Yeah, that is actually pretty brilliant by Todd Bowles given the amount of bodies we have at the LB position and the lack of competition at the FB position now that Copeland was waived. 

This is not about what "ever occurred" to me, so the rest of what you wrote I dont need to address. I made a statement which gave props to Idzik and questioned the prior coaching staff. The Idzik haters are out strong tonight, thats the only thing that has occurred to me. lol. 

Yeah, you mean the undrafted rookie free agent Julian Hosware who is trying to make the team? Yeah, that is actually pretty brilliant by Todd Bowles given the amount of bodies we have at the LB position and the lack of competition at the FB position now that Copeland was waived. 

This is not about what "ever occurred" to me, so the rest of what you wrote I dont need to address. I made a statement which gave props to Idzik and questioned the prior coaching staff. The Idzik haters are out strong tonight, thats the only thing that has occurred to me. lol. 

As long as you realize Harvin asked Rex to try his hand at DB which he did a bit in HS... http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/31/buffalo-bills-rex-ryan-percy-harvin-cornerback

As long as you realize Harvin asked Rex to try his hand at DB which he did a bit in HS... http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/31/buffalo-bills-rex-ryan-percy-harvin-cornerback

As long as you realize that Rex and his coaching staff was less than average for much of those 6 years, which was my original point to begin with. 

I dont have a link to prove that, but you can take my word on it. 

As long as you realize that Rex and his coaching staff was less than average for much of those 6 years, which was my original point to begin with. 

I dont have a link to prove that, but you can take my word on it. 

A link to prove what?? That Idzik drafted some good players?? He did I agree with that??

It depends on what history your looking at, In the Steelers first 32 seasons I think they only have 2 or 3 winning ones.. The Jets since kotite left have had 5 losing seasons in the same time the Cowboys have had 6 and only 1 playoff win..

So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Did you hear Bowles press conference?? Best CB's he ever saw was Mike Hanes and Deion..LOL

I do believe that Revis '09 was the best single season performance that I've ever seen by a CB. 

I definitely think Revis is in the conversation for best ever. That can certainly be argued, but in regards to single season, I never seen a CB have a better year. 

That statement could actually be an "I told you so" statement. I made that statement towards the end of that season and most on the forum were in high disagreement. Looking back on that year I stand firmly on that. Revis back in 09 was simply ridiculous. 

I do believe that Revis '09 was the best single season performance that I've ever seen by a CB. 

I definitely think Revis is in the conversation for best ever. That can certainly be argued, but in regards to single season, I never seen a CB have a better year. 

That statement could actually be an "I told you so" statement. I made that statement towards the end of that season and most on the forum were in high disagreement. Looking back on that year I stand firmly on that. Revis back in 09 was simply ridiculous. 

Bowles said Deion could do it all like playing W/R,KOR,punts etc..

Bowles said Deion could do it all like playing W/R,KOR,punts etc..

Deion did. He was successful in all categories. What made Deion so special as a CB was the way he made WR's look open when they really werent. He baited QB's every week. In that regard Deion is second to none. Revis isnt that type of corner. Revis is best described as a shadow. No matter what you do you cant get away from him. In today's league where you cant touch a player and QB's are throwing the ball more than ever I simply have to give it to Revis. And Revis has always been one of the best tackling corners in the league and he's great in run game support (Something we cant say for Deion).

People will have their preference, which is why I say that the topic could be argued. If someone said Revis was the best I couldnt say that they are wrong, nor could I say that for Deion. I think the best way to put that is, Revis like Deion is one of a kind. You never seen a player like Deion before or after and you wont ever see a shadow like Revis.

Revis in 2009 is the first line on Rex's resume. You have to give it to the retard. Nobody ever managed to get Deion thrown at a hundred times in a season. You can't really even compare that year with Revis's own other great ones let alone anybody else's.

Deion did. He was successful in all categories. What made Deion so special as a CB was the way he made WR's look open when they really werent. He baited QB's every week. In that regard Deion is second to none. Revis isnt that type of corner. Revis is best described as a shadow. No matter what you do you cant get away from him. In today's league where you cant touch a player and QB's are throwing the ball more than ever I simply have to give it to Revis. And Revis has always been one of the best tackling corners in the league and he's great in run game support (Something we cant say for Deion).

People will have their preference, which is why I say that the topic could be argued. If someone said Revis was the best I couldnt say that they are wrong, nor could I say that for Deion. I think the best way to put that is, Revis like Deion is one of a kind. You never seen a player like Deion before or after and you wont ever see a shadow like Revis.

Yep.   If I'm starting a team and I can have either Deion in his prime or Revis in his prime, I take Deion in a heartbeat, but not because there's any separation in their coverage ability.  Deion put points on the board in addition to taking them away.  Revis doesn't do that.  And that's worth more than Revis' huge edge in run support

Don't be shocked, anything having to do with Idzik (The One Who Won't Be Named) will get you flack.

But your points are valid, people are always too fast to rush to judgment on drafts. It's good to see

our young players "flashing" early on, it couldn't be the coaching could it???

Idziks problem was two fold. Number 1 even though he was good at drafting he was horrible at providing talent through FA. That's part of his job he failed miserably at it. Number 2 he was so terrified about anyone else getting credit, he did not delegate his scouting duties refusing to listen to listen to them. That's what doomed him

And I can answer your question multiple ways. We can start with addition by subtraction. You know who hasnt impressed me this camp? Rex Ryan doing stupid stuff like moonlighting Harvin at corner or David Lee and his job with EJ, Matt and that other no name QB out there in Buffalo. (Maybe you can see my comment about the coaching staff now). 

Yup, Idzik totally created Decker. Made him in his kitchen, actually.

You want to make it about Rex, go ahead. I'm sure Rex didn't do enough with McDougle last year. Shaq and Enunwa were rookies last year Shaq went on IR, while both and drafted in the 4th and 5th round, so Rex gets the blame for not developing them fast enough, right?

So yeah, I'm not asking you to crown anyone but let's slow down a bit, especially using a week and a half of training camp to make a point.

So, it's Harvin's fault for asking, totally not Rex's job to say "no, we have no time for that nonsense"?

Like a bizarro world version of it's not Rex's fault for asking for sh*t players like Sanchez and Holmes, it's Tanny and Idzik's fault for not saying "no, those players are no good". 

Archived