5 Things to Know about New Jets QB FitzPatrick

JetBlue

Because we had the league's best offensive line, a HOF Running Back and a good defense.  And then in '06 we had the easiest schedule in the entire NFL by far.

we did not have the best OL, our OLs got pushed around by physical DLs.

how did we have the easiest sched by far in '06? why didn't Miami and Buffalo make it then since we played similar scheds?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't pin it all on him but he as a major reason why they didn't make it.  He helped make the D look worse and he didn't make plays to keep his team in games.

How could he have made them look worse, when there is not one thing that they did well?

Let's just cut to the chase here: Are you saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the same QB he was then and that the circumstances of having one of the top three defenses in football (yes, I expect the Jets to be top three) as opposed to bottom five, will change nothing?

How could he have made them look worse, when there is not one thing that they did well?

Let's just cut to the chase here: Are you saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the same QB he was then and that the circumstances of having one of the top three defenses in football (yes, I expect the Jets to be top three) as opposed to bottom five, will change nothing?

some guys cannot play w/ pressure to win, so far in his career Fitz hasn't been able to.  I hope that changes this year, I am not confident.

not all TD passes are created equal.  fitz has never carried anything.

all QBs look better against bad defenses, that's nonsense.  he won 2 div titles in the Brady era and made 2 other postseasons.

Is it considered the Brady era in a year he was hurt in game 1 and didn't play the rest of 2008?? Chad had a fine 2008 and beat the Pats with tie breakers that were using a QB that hadn't started a game since HS.. Chaddy cakes you the best.. \:D/

we did not have the best OL, our OLs got pushed around by physical DLs.

how did we have the easiest sched by far in '06? why didn't Miami and Buffalo make it then since we played similar scheds?

Because those teams were God-awful.

Chad after 2002 was never even close to being the same player.  I'd take Fitz over what Chad ended up being in a heartbeat.

It all depends...are we arguing about who the Jets starting QB should be, or the fact that one of us owes the other $600 and is refusing to pay?  Also, do you physically assault people for a living?  If so, reluctantly admit that we got in to a fight that didn't last long due to poor situational awareness on my part.

If we were speaking calmly or I had my back to you and you did it, I'd say "dammit, that MFer JetBlue just sucker punched me".

Lol, and I know sh*t like this happens all the time.  I am not naive.  Too bad, when the stakes are so high, dudes couldn't exercise better judgement and self-control.  Again ESPECIALLY AT THE WORK PLACE.  

Because those teams were God-awful.

Chad after 2002 was never even close to being the same player.  I'd take Fitz over what Chad ended up being in a heartbeat.

ohhhhh so how did Miami go from 1 win in 2007 to 11 w/ Chad in 2008? the scheds that year were even easier for the AFC East teams so why couldn't we make it w/ a HOF QB, great OL, good D?

Problem is I don't think he can duplicate those numbers.  Anymore than Geno was going to throw more picks than TDs given he only did it as a rookie.

That Fitz did it before doesn't say he will today.  Guess we'll see

It doesn't say he will...but it does say he can.

Ryan Leaf could have scored on the 2011 Bills defense but yeah let's blame them going 6-10 entirely on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Chad wasn't ever healthy after 2002.  A healthy Chad was better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, but that was only for 1 year.  After that he mostly ranged from mediocre to horrifically bad depending on the quality of defense he was facing.

I am one of the least supporting fans of Chad.  I saw through his shtick even in his first year starting and I can go on and on with what I felt were horrendous flaws in his game that other fans seemingly glossed over, healthy or not.  With that said Chad was alot better than Fitzpatrick.  BUF couldn't wait to ship him out, TEN and HOU both have pretty shotty QB situations and still sent him packing.  The guy is just not very good.  He is the epitome of mediocre at best. 

Is it considered the Brady era in a year he was hurt in game 1 and didn't play the rest of 2008?? Chad had a fine 2008 and beat the Pats with tie breakers that were using a QB that hadn't started a game since HS.. Chaddy cakes you the best.. \:D/

we had the most talented team in the division that year and a HOF QB and we couldn't beat that QB that hadn't started since HS. 

Ryan Leaf could have scored on the 2011 Bills defense but yeah let's blame them going 6-10 entirely on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I love when people don't have an argument and they keep spewing the same nonsense.  nowhere did I absolve the Bills D but look at what Fitz did.  you see accumulations instead of how they got to those accumulations.

I am one of the least supporting fans of Chad.  I saw through his shtick even in his first year starting and I can go on and on with what I felt were horrendous flaws in his game that other fans seemingly glossed over, healthy or not.  With that said Chad was alot better than Fitzpatrick.  BUF couldn't wait to ship him out, TEN and HOU both have pretty shotty QB situations and still sent him packing.  The guy is just not very good.  He is the epitome of mediocre at best. 

Well yeah if anyone should be trusted it's the Tennesee Titans and Buffalo Bills personnel departments.

Lol, and I know sh*t like this happens all the time.  I am not naive.  Too bad, when the stakes are so high, dudes couldn't exercise better judgement and self-control.  Again ESPECIALLY AT THE WORK PLACE.  

Yep...but of course their workplace is a bit different than most others.  Lots of testosterone and emotion..especially this time of year when you spend a chunk of your day ALMOST hitting people when what you want to do is REALLY hit people.

I know it's different because it was on the field, but did you see the footage of Dez Bryant throwing multiple punches the other day?  That could be, in all reality, considered a criminal case...but because it happened during practice it's okay.

Strange world we live in.

ohhhhh so how did Miami go from 1 win in 2007 to 11 w/ Chad in 2008? the scheds that year were even easier for the AFC East teams so why couldn't we make it w/ a HOF QB, great OL, good D?

Well some would say Favre was playing with a injured arm(Something only Chad can do) and I imagine you would say because Chad is a better QB then Favre?? :winking0001:

I love when people don't have an argument and they keep spewing the same nonsense.  nowhere did I absolve the Bills D but look at what Fitz did.  you see accumulations instead of how they got to those accumulations.

Your completely throwing out the fact that football is a team sport and saying Fitz is worse than AIDS because he hasn't won enough games.

FACT: Ryan Tannehill has never won more than 8 games in a season playing on rosters that had a lot of talent

FACT: Ryan Tannehill just got a $95 million deal

Nobody evaluates individual football players based solely on wins and losses unless they're retarded.

Yep...but of course their workplace is a bit different than most others.  Lots of testosterone and emotion..especially this time of year when you spend a chunk of your day ALMOST hitting people when what you want to do is REALLY hit people.

I know it's different because it was on the field, but did you see the footage of Dez Bryant throwing multiple punches the other day?  That could be, in all reality, considered a criminal case...but because it happened during practice it's okay.

No doubt... 

Too bad Geno and IK weren't wearing helmets, they'd both be playing tomorrow night and  throwing punches would be okay. Ask Cam Newton or the Redskins and Texans. Or the NHL.

Well some would say Favre was playing with a injured arm(Something only Chad can do) and I imagine you would say because Chad is a better QB then Favre?? :winking0001:

Chad had more wins than Favre that year so ofcourse he's better

Chad's highest # of touchdown passes in a season is 22 in 2002 (the only year in the NFL he was actually good).  Fitzpatrick has thrown more than 22tds 3 times in his career.

Chad did not have a better career than favre obviously but if we have Chad in 2008 we easily win the division title.  Favre sabotaged our season.

Just because he was available to us doesn't mean he's the worst QB ever.  By and large the QB market sucks every year.  But just because that's the case and we got another team's castoff doesn't mean he can't be effective here.  "Mediocre at best" is better than what we've had, as sad as that is to say.

Luckily we didn't pull a Texans and hand Hoyer $10.5M. 

Problem is I don't think he can duplicate those numbers.  Anymore than Geno was going to throw more picks than TDs given he only did it as a rookie.

That Fitz did it before doesn't say he will today.  Guess we'll see

I said "turnovers".  Add the 8 fumbles into the equation.

Your completely throwing out the fact that football is a team sport and saying Fitz is worse than AIDS because he hasn't won enough games.

FACT: Ryan Tannehill has never won more than 8 games in a season playing on rosters that had a lot of talent

FACT: Ryan Tannehill just got a $95 million deal

Nobody evaluates individual football players based solely on wins and losses unless they're retarded.

Ryan Tannehill is mediocre and that says more about the lack of QBs than anything else.  those #s look great but Miami can get out of that deal in 2 more years if he doesn't progress.

Ryan Tannehill is the main reason Miami has been 8-8 and not a playoff team.  2 biggest games of 2013 he led his O to 7 TOTAL points needing just one win to make playoffs.  last year he led his Os to 13 PPg against NE and Bal in their 2 biggest games, that doesn't cut it.

Chad's highest # of touchdown passes in a season is 22 in 2002 (the only year in the NFL he was actually good).  Fitzpatrick has thrown more than 22tds 3 times in his career.

Chad was MUCH better than favre that year, partly b/c Favre never wanted to be here and was just looking to get to Minnesota.  if we have 2009 Favre we have a chance at the SB in 2008 but he never wanted to be here.

If Chad had Vinnys arm or Vinny had Chads brain we would have had a franchise QB..

Ryan Tannehill is mediocre and that says more about the lack of QBs than anything else.  those #s look great but Miami can get out of that deal in 2 more years if he doesn't progress.

Ryan Tannehill is the main reason Miami has been 8-8 and not a playoff team.  2 biggest games of 2013 he led his O to 7 TOTAL points needing just one win to make playoffs.  last year he led his Os to 13 PPg against NE and Bal in their 2 biggest games, that doesn't cut it.

Nobody evaluates individual football players based on wins and losses.  Dan Marino is statistically a top 5 all-time QB in every category but I guess Trent Dilfer is better because he won a Super Bowl and Kordell Stewart has a better win-loss percentage so Kordell > Marino correct?

Could it be that people will "spew the same nonsense" because they have a valid point?  I too would argue that Fitz will get the ball in the end zone more often and turn it over less frequently than Geno because he has done that in five different seasons.

This team needs a QB who can get them 17-21 PPG which he was able to do 12 times in 2011, 11 times in 2012, 8 times in 13 starts in 2013, and in all eleven games he started and finished last season.

Do you believe that the Jets will average fewer than 17 PPG in 2015?

I'm not swayed. I'm not saying Geno wasn't being an a$$hole, either - I'm sure he was! There's just absolutely no way he could reasonably expect IK to take a swing at his jaw there, no matter how heated the argument had gotten. It's entirely unprecedented. Had IK simply held back a tiny bit and gave Geno a shove instead of a punch, this would be a non-story. No matter what Geno said or waved, it's 100% unacceptable for IK to punch him in the face. If some a$$hole at my job yells and wags a finger in my face, I know what to do to not get fired there.

Ummmm there is a debate about this?????

:character0069:

Archived