Thanks idzik

LouisvilleSlugger25

Pryor was. Reilly had a nice play too.

Good point about Reilly. 

Also interesting to note that Idzik kept Rex and Rex did pretty well in his first game with Buffalo against Luck. 

VERY happy with current Jets front office and Bowles, but if you are going to bash Idzik for all of his mistakes, its only fair to give him credit when credit is due. 

Also happy that my screen-name is no longer a big mistake....for now

Idzik knows football and made some good decisions.  

His demise was really due to how awful his bad decisions really were, and the fact that they led to a team that was completely uncompetitive.  That and the fact that he was not working with Rex led to both of them getting fired.

To win NFL football games, you can't have an unacceptable position group.  The Jets had three-G, CB and WR.  You can even put S in there.  Jalen Saunders over Martavis Bryant may have been enough.

Idzik knows football and made some good decisions.  

His demise was really due to how awful his bad decisions really were, and the fact that they led to a team that was completely uncompetitive.  That and the fact that he was not working with Rex led to both of them getting fired.

To win NFL football games, you can't have an unacceptable position group.  The Jets had three-G, CB and WR.  You can even put S in there.  Jalen Saunders over Martavis Bryant may have been enough.

Wide open to debate. 

LOL Pryor wasn't?
Owusu and Williams were brought in as FA's by Idzik. 

You sure know your Jets.

I know both where brought in while Idzik was here. Those bottom roster guys are mostly nothing to do with the GM. What is apparent is Idzik is a very poor drafter. The number of picks he had, his bust rate is huge. The guy was clueless throwing darts at a board full of names, would have yielded better results.

Also one OK game by Pryor, does not make him a success, he stunk it up all last year, and got burnt today #Louisvillefluffer.  

I know both where brought in while Idzik was here. Those bottom roster guys are mostly nothing to do with the GM. What is apparent is Idzik is a very poor drafter. The number of picks he had, his bust rate is huge. The guy was clueless throwing darts at a board full of names, would have yielded better results.

Also one OK game by Pryor, does not make him a success, he stunk it up all last year, and got burnt today #Louisvillefluffer.  

he played out of position alongside the worst secondary in the nfl. ANY rookie would struggle.  You probably want him to fail so you will be proven right lol

LOL at "OK game by Pryor." What else would have needed to do to have a "great game" 4 forced fumbles and 3 ints returned for a TD? 

Someone's a little upset that Idzik's players did well today. It's ok, he isn't our GM anymore, you can relax. 

No, we had a thread on Pryor already:

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/123084-pryor/

Yours is a re-post.

That, and arguing over how good/bad a GM was who is no longer here is the epitome of dumb-sports-talk-radio futility.

If you get off wasting your time with "told you so" about Idzik, by all means, have at it I suppose.  /shrug

As for "being upset", we won 31-10 on opening day, and Fitz played well.  I'm as far from "upset" as is imaginable mate.

Yours is a re-post.

That, and arguing over how good/bad a GM was who is no longer here is the epitome of dumb-sports-talk-radio futility.

If you get off wasting your time with "told you so" about Idzik, by all means, have at it I suppose.  /shrug

This isn't a thread about Pryor, it's about Idzik. Pryor was just one of his players that did well today. And if this discussion is so useless why enter the thread and why post twice? 

Calvin Pryor was all over the field and made the play of the year to cause huge fumble and help knock out McCown 

Owusu looked good.  

Marcus Williams looked great replacing cro.

Cap space helped new management 

Semi serious

Calvin Pryor forced the fumble at the goal line, yes.  I give  him credit for the first quality play he made as a Jet.  However, the Browns attacked him relentlessly because he can't cover!!!!   

Yours is a re-post.

As for "being upset", we won 31-10 on opening day, and Fitz played well.  I'm as far from "upset" as is imaginable mate.

This. If you're an idzik fan, i guess this thread might make sense. As a jets fan, i just dgf

This isn't a thread about Pryor, it's about Idzik. Pryor was just one of his players that did well today. And if this discussion is so useless why enter the thread and why post twice? 

He had 19 draft picks, two of them contributed today. ¡Gracias Idzik! 

Archived