nyjunc

Classic Clips

Rate this topic

I wanted to create this to share youtube clips of old games.  the NFL cracks down from time to time so they may not last but enjoy them while they do.

1982 AFC 1st rd at Cincinnati

Somehow I got an idiot Bengals fan in my dorm to give me 2-1 odds on this game.

I wanted to create this to share youtube clips of old games.  the NFL cracks down from time to time so they may not last but enjoy them while they do.

1982 AFC 1st rd at Cincinnati

This game is literally the reason my Dad bought a VCR.  I remember the dog ripping it off the top of the TV because he got caught in the wired remote!  Freeman was smoke in this game.  200+ yards. 

since we have never beaten Philly I couldn't find a good old clip but the one below does involve both teams.  It shows Philly watching our game against NYG in 1988 as our win gave Philly the NFC east title.

I have been watching the NFL since the 70's, and IMO the 80's was by far the best football. Watching those old clips reminds me how bad the NFL has gotten in comparison. Still nothign compares, but it was sooooo much better back then.

Thanks for the clips!

I was at that game. Dickerson was a Rookie and of course breaks off his first of many long runs against the Jets

Me too. The play I'll remember from that game is Jackie Slater going after Gastineau after he beat him for a sack and did his assinine sack dance. Remember that one?

Me too. The play I'll remember from that game is Jackie Slater going after Gastineau after he beat him for a sack and did his assinine sack dance. Remember that one?

I remember that, the 2 plays that stick out about that game are the fight and the Dickerson run.

sad

why? it was a truly great moment that sent us to an AFC Championship Game.  even if we had 3 SB wins that would still be one of our best moments.

Edited by nyjunc