Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Woj rarely, if ever, writes an opinion piece.  He's straight up behind-the-curtain reporting.  But he writes now that Jax should hire someone out of his inner-circle.

That should tell us something.  Jax is creating a train wreck which can be avoided and everyone sees it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-phil-jackson-doesn-t-want-to-coach-the-knicks--he-ought-to-let-someone-else-061839486.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Long story short- James Dolan is still the owner and that's not good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SMC said:

They're still not playing D, and a great HC out there can fix that but ...

In 2013 Thibodeau got a bulls team that had about the same amount of talent as this Knicks roster to 48 wins and the second round.  They had no Rose, Butler was just developing at that point and their best players were Noah and Nate Robinson.  KP and Melo are better than anyone on that team

This team is underperforming.  They should finish the season at around .500 but way it's going they might not make it to 30 wins.

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Long story short- James Dolan is still the owner and that's not good.

Dolan has a weak spot for Isiah. But the same people who clamored to for him to hire Phil Jackson are the same ones ripping Jackson today. Some might want to own up to Jackson not being much of a GM without All Time greats already on his roster. Unless giving POS Melo a no trade clause is "genius" mortals cannot comprehend. 

42 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Dolan has a weak spot for Isiah. But the same people who clamored to for him to hire Phil Jackson are the same ones ripping Jackson today. Some might want to own up to Jackson not being much of a GM without All Time greats already on his roster. Unless giving POS Melo a no trade clause is "genius" mortals cannot comprehend. 

The team jax inherited when he got here was old and had its window closed with a bad cap situation.  Two years later you have Porzingis and a much better cap situation going forward.

42 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The team jax inherited when he got here was old and had its window closed with a bad cap situation.  Two years later you have Porzingis and a much better cap situation going forward.

Fair. And if can find another solid player or 2 in the draft or free agency and perhaps move Anthony for some useful pieces he is in fact a genius. 

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Jackson is in it for the paycheck. I think the writing's on the wall he'll be gone after this year and Mills will be back fulltime with Isiah in the background. The team is ****ed untill Melo's contract expires anyways.

The Bargnani trade is literally the worst trade in sports history. Dolan owing an agency a favor basically destroyed the franchise for the next few years. But hey, who cares about draft picks right.

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Jackson is in it for the paycheck. I think the writing's on the wall he'll be gone after this year and Mills will be back fulltime with Isiah in the background. The team is ****ed untill Melo's contract expires anyways.

The Bargnani trade is literally the worst trade in sports history. Dolan owing an agency a favor basically destroyed the franchise for the next few years. But hey, who cares about draft picks right.

Yeah, the Bargnani trade is awful, but saying it "destroyed the franchise" is a bit much because the Knicks would not be getting a top pick this year anyway.

Knicks need to hire Thibs.  Anything less is an abomination.

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

Fair. And if can find another solid player or 2 in the draft or free agency and perhaps move Anthony for some useful pieces he is in fact a genius. 

I think Mike Conley or Drummond are possibilities this off season. Drummond has been all pro this season yet he can't even get voted to the all star team that has to bother him.

Other possibility is Phil scoops his head out his ass and hires Thibs who brings Noah with him.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Yeah, the Bargnani trade is awful, but saying it "destroyed the franchise" is a bit much because the Knicks would not be getting a top pick this year anyway.

Knicks need to hire Thibs.  Anything less is an abomination.

The bargs trade was horrible but at least this year's draft isn't close to what last year's draft was in talent

Carmelo has 3 years left on his deal and by then Porzingis will probably be a top 7 or 8 player in the league.  

Please hire Thibs

7 minutes ago, JohnnyHector said:

Thibs is a Van Gundy guy, which means in addition to Jackson not wanting him, Dolan probably isn't clamoring for him either.

Prediction... Jackson goes after Walton in the off-season, only to get spurned ala Kerr, and has to settle on Brian Shaw.  

Can't wait.

That is the Nihilistic view which we all know is going to happen.  Damn you, JH

What about Melo for Howard straight up? Houston wanted him bad in free agency and everything between him and Morey supposedly went great when they met. The salaries match up, Howard gets half a season in a pressure-free scenario where nobody is legit expecting him to stay and can opt out at the end of the year for another payday, Houston gets their guy, Melo can go and play on a team where he doesn't have the spotlight on him all the time in a place that he was interested in prior, and the Knicks get some serious money off the books going forward and a clean slate to build around Kristaps. Win/win/win/win for all parties. Howard's a cancer but that's worth putting up with for less than half a year to get $80 million off the books.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What about Melo for Howard straight up? Houston wanted him bad in free agency and everything between him and Morey supposedly went great when they met. The salaries match up, Howard gets half a season in a pressure-free scenario where nobody is legit expecting him to stay and can opt out at the end of the year for another payday, Houston gets their guy, Melo can go and play on a team where he doesn't have the spotlight on him all the time in a place that he was interested in prior, and the Knicks get some serious money off the books going forward and a clean slate to build around Kristaps. Win/win/win/win for all parties. Howard's a cancer but that's worth putting up with for less than half a year to get $80 million off the books.

I would have liked the idea of betting on Lawson rather than Lopez to turn it around but Lopez kind of already has. I don't see Houston trading opt out ass cancer for long term ass cancer. Obviously Fire Phil because he's a stupid idiot. Porzingis seems like more of a miraculous stroke of luck every time Phil talks.

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

so I guess I should have bought 5 pairs of 1984 air jordans, lol

can't believe what they are worth now

thanks mom for getting those ridiculous looking crazy expensive sneakers

My collection is pretty insane. I've sold off quite a bit to fund come traveling and climbing adventures but I have some gems left, and the return on the investment has been more than I ever expected.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My collection is pretty insane. I've sold off quite a bit to fund come traveling and climbing adventures but I have some gems left, and the return on the investment has been more than I ever expected.

just to make me feel worse, what does a really nice pair of 1984's go for now ?  I had the hightops

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

just to make me feel worse, what does a really nice pair of 1984's go for now ?  I had the hightops

That is a really tough call and it would depend entirely on the condition and time of year. Resale value depends on a bunch of factors, but ballparking it generally; beat up a couple hundred bucks. Deadstock with the box and hangtag would probably fetch about 2k.

Worth noting they would take while to move. OG 1's someone would be purchasing strictly as a collector's item and not for wear.

Archived