Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, faba said:

Rambis interim coach- Phil has his guy in there now

Fisher was his guy too.

I think a lot of this is seeing Luke Walton's succes with the Warriors.  Two years ago the choice was either fisher or Walton.  Does Fisher win some games with Steph Curry?  

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The timing is weird. Usually with firing a coach you do it right before a road trip on the schedule, preferably an easy one, which is what they have after Tuesday. This makes tomorrow's game at the Garden the most awkward game ever.

The firing was warranted.  Fisher has been awful.  I think the timing has to do with the losing of a home game against a really bad Denver team.  That was the last straw.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's a damn shame. Melo would probably cry under Thibs.

Actually, no, because also according to Connor:

Tom Thibodeau is a big, big fan of Carmelo Anthony's. Thought he had him in free agency. Loved him w/ USA Basketball.

Tom Thibodeau told me once about USA coaches: "We laugh sometimes about what some people say about Melo. The guy's a killer."

20 minutes ago, SMC said:

The firing was warranted.  Fisher has been awful.  I think the timing has to do with the losing of a home game against a really bad Denver team.  That was the last straw.

I think the second he admitted that they weren't running plays in the 4th quarter it was time to go. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the second he admitted that they weren't running plays in the 4th quarter it was time to go. 

Yeah, his statement that they don't run plays is bizarre.  Even Woodson's heavy ISO offense ran plays.

Funny thing is that over the last couple of games I kept tweeting the beat writers on why they haven't taken Fisher to task yet.  Isola comes out with a warranted hit piece on Fisher today and -- BOOM -- Fisher is fired.  I did my job. :D

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Yeah, his statement that they don't run plays is bizarre.  Even Woodson's heavy ISO offense ran plays.

Funny thing is that over the last couple of games I kept tweeting the beat writers on why they haven't taken Fisher to task yet.  Isola comes out with a warranted hit piece on Fisher today and -- BOOM -- Fisher is fired.  I did my job. :D

He's been saying all sorts of strange sh*t but it's clear he had zero ability to coach and manage a team.

LOL, this is like the end of the Godfather

Stephen A Smith on SiriusXM: "I'm hearing Jim Buss is out. And Mitch Kupchak will likely follow. Jeanie is going to clean house..." (1/2)

Stephen A: "If (Jeanie Buss) does that, you know she's gonna bring Phil back. And I think Dolan will let him out of his deal to go to LA."

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Tom Thibodeau is a big, big fan of Carmelo Anthony's. Thought he had him in free agency. Loved him w/ USA Basketball.

Tom Thibodeau told me once about USA coaches: "We laugh sometimes about what some people say about Melo. The guy's a killer."

He went hard after Melo in free agency too. 

I'd honestly be cool with Walton. He's a good guy with a good basketball IQ and his players seem to like playing for him. The Knicks should give that kind of coach a try for once.

On the other hand, it's a bit different when you're taking Seabiscuit for a lap around the track, so who knows. Thibs teaching Parsnips how to play D also sounds kind of sexy. 

End of the day, the only thing that matters is finding who the best fit for Kristaps is. Anything other than that is going to be a sunken cost.

35 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd honestly be cool with Walton. He's a good guy with a good basketball IQ and his players seem to like playing for him. The Knicks should give that kind of coach a try for once.

On the other hand, it's a bit different when you're taking Seabiscuit for a lap around the track, so who knows. Thibs teaching Parsnips how to play D also sounds kind of sexy. 

End of the day, the only thing that matters is finding who the best fit for Kristaps is. Anything other than that is going to be a sunken cost.

Thibs wanted to coach Melo.  Porzingis is Noah if he could shoot and wasn't an insufferable a-hole.

5 hours ago, SMC said:

Also, a coach-killer.

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Melo's concerned about the ASG again lol

Yeah, that's nuts.  Jeesh.

But my bigger concern in Jax ego.  His ego led to KP pick (serendipity) but his ego may be keeping the Knicks from the best coaching candidate out there--Thibs.

We're in a bizarro world where the people we hate (Dolan, Mills and Isiah) may have to push Jax to do the right thing.  

Thibs to the Knicks is a no brainer. Seriously. WTF.  A great HC who by all, and I mean all, reports wants to be the Knicks HC, but Big Chief Triangle doesn't want him.

Usually coaches want to use the Knicks as leverage, like Kerr did and Walton will do (no way he's taking the Knicks job), but Thibs bona fide wants the job.

38 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Please Phil if your not going to hire Thibs just because of the triangle then go away.  Leave us alone go join your girlfriend with the Lakers.

This.

I bugs the sh*t out of me.  Thibs is a no brainer.

Just now, SMC said:

That's what bothers me.  He's a great coach AND wants the job.  WTF?

I just don't understand the point of being this stubborn about the triangle if he legitimately has no plans to ever coach the team. He's literally limiting the search to three candidates. According to Woj, Westbrook is open to playing in the Garden. The Knicks will have the cap room to bring in a team around him and a legit second banana in Kristaps to sell him on. Soooo we're going to risk blowing that because he has to pigeonhole the coaching search for no reason whatsoever?

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I just don't understand the point of being this stubborn about the triangle if he legitimately has no plans to ever coach the team. He's literally limiting the search to three candidates. According to Woj, Westbrook is open to playing in the Garden. The Knicks will have the cap room to bring in a team around him and a legit second banana in Kristaps to sell him on. Soooo we're going to risk blowing that because he has to pigeonhole the coaching search for no reason whatsoever?

At close to the point of thinking that, "No way will Jax limit the search to just those 3 candidates.  That's completely irrational and Jax is a smart man."

Then I remember that he's 70 yrs old and I'm like, "Holy sh*t, he's acting just like a stubborn old man."  I love my pops beyond words, but he's 82 and I know when he makes up his mind it's done.  There's no convincing him otherwise.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

At close to the point of thinking that, "No way will Jax limit the search to just those 3 candidates.  That's completely irrational and Jax is a smart man."

Then I remember that he's 70 yrs old and I'm like, "Holy sh*t, he's acting just like a stubborn old man."  I love my pops beyond words, but he's 82 and I know when he makes up his mind it's done.  There's no convincing him otherwise.

I just don't get it. We hire the guy that built the 90s Pacers, he can't get it right. Hire Phil Jackson. He can't get it right. At this point I'm expecting the Knicks to hire Jesus Christ himself to run the team, only to watch him trade Porzingis away for a grilled cheese sandwich followed by him texting me personally that I'm adopted.

Woj rarely, if ever, writes an opinion piece.  He's straight up behind-the-curtain reporting.  But he writes now that Jax should hire someone out of his inner-circle.

That should tell us something.  Jax is creating a train wreck which can be avoided and everyone sees it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-phil-jackson-doesn-t-want-to-coach-the-knicks--he-ought-to-let-someone-else-061839486.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Archived