Where's Woody

southparkcpa

I dont get all the local news so maybe this is common knowledge.

Haven't heard or seen a lot from him in the press.

Could it be...

1) He has learned to STFU and let the GM do his job?

2) GM Mike told him NO interference?

3) Combination of both?

Years past, you saw him in the press, parties etc....

Thanks, but I can't take any credit. It's the guys at Operation Warrior Wishes who take wounded vets to every game who are the ones to give the props to. 

Check them out. www.warriorwishes.org

I can't imagine my "wish" being to go to a Jets game.

He came out to our tailgate before the skins game to say "hello" to a group of wounded vets we ha with us.

DSC09859.jpg

Thats kool. In 2009 he visited our tailgate in Tampa.  It just seems he is not as vocal as he once was..  He was more like a Jerry Jones, open mouth, no back up.  many here believe he meddled to bring in Tebow etc.

I simply wonder if the new GM said.. YOU SIR have no say if I take the GM job.

Thats kool. In 2009 he visited our tailgate in Tampa.  It just seems he is not as vocal as he once was..  He was more like a Jerry Jones, open mouth, no back up.  many here believe he meddled to bring in Tebow etc.

I strongly doubt it. Maccagnan works for Woody, not the other way around. 

I do think there are a few factors at play here, though. First, I think Woody learned a lot about running a football team from his off season advisors, Wolf and Casserly. Second, I think Woody is following the lead of the leaders he hired - not because someone told him to, but because he is also enjoying Bowles' strong silent style. And perhaps most importantly, third, the team is winning. We always hear more from Woody when the team is losing, and he is either explaining it or apologizing for it. He currently has nothing to explain or apologize for. 

when was he ever like a Jerry Jones? are you sure you are thinking of the same guy?

He is usually roaming the parking lot before games. He has never been an owner that was actively in the news every day- I see no change

This....exactly this.  Every once in a great while he'd answer a question and people would lose their minds because he's wealthy and never played in the NFL.  Woody has been the same guy he's been since he bought the team.

I will never get the Woody hate especially after all the years of Leon hess.

I don't see much difference between the two. Both are and were inept owners who had limited success because of their ineptitude. Maybe Maccagnan and Bowles will help Woody turn it around the way Parcells did in Hess' final years. The less I see of Woody the more I "like" him.

I don't see much difference between the two. Both are and were inept owners who had limited success because of their ineptitude. Maybe Maccagnan and Bowles will help Woody turn it around the way Parcells did in Hess' final years. The less I see of Woody the more I "like" him.

we have been one of the better franchises in the AFC under Woody, not up there w/ NE, Bal, Ind, Pitt but in that next level.

Hess became sole owner in 1984.

1984-1999(16 seasons)

4 playoff apps

1 div title

1 title game app

2-4 playoff record

9 seasons under .500

longest drought w/o playoff app: 6 years(1992-1997)

longest drought w/o a playoff win: 11 seasons(1987-1997)

Woody took over in 2000:

2000-2014(15 seasons)

6 playoff apps

1 div title

2 title game apps

6-6 playoff record

5 seasons under .500

longest drought w/o playoff app: 4 seasons(2011-2014)

longest drought w/o playoff win: 4 seasons: 2005-2008)

we have a great shot at another playoff app and more playoff wins this year.  Woody has been much better than hess though I appreciate leon for never gouging the fans.  he always kept pricing down but I'd rather pay for winning teams.

Archived