Huge shout out to Fitzy!

Jetster

Who is whining? There are people in this thread advocating signing Fitz to a long term deal. That would be monumentally stupid. 

i think he should stick around for next year at least.  geno still sucks and maybe if we're lucky petty can compete in TC.  fitz is the veteran qb this team has needed for a while, someone who can run an offense while not being a threat to any younger qb who demonstrates he should start.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason you love Fitz is because he doesn't completely suck. He still sucks. He just sucks less than the other guy. 

Fitz still sucks.

Tell that to his teammates.

I guess anyone not named Brady or Rodgers sucks. You must be the go-to guy at work when a rational mind is needed, right? 

Who is whining? There are people in this thread advocating signing Fitz to a long term deal. That would be monumentally stupid. 

Monumentally stupid is sitting around equating Fitz to Geno. Not the same thing guy, get your head out of your Klecko jersey.

Yes, Fitz is just a powerhouse leading us to 28 points and a whopping 290 yards of total offense against one of the lesser teams in the NFL who also coughed the ball 3 times for extra Jets drives (excluding the final TO). He is so good the Jets coaching staff doesn't even allow him to run the 2 minute drill.

He had a solid journeyman type game, but to make it seem like he is playing like anything other than the middle of the road JAG he is is just delusional.

They should.  Why the **** are you running the ball 29 times at 1.1 ypc?  It makes zero sense.  Its the definition of insanity. 

It's like simple math.  You have a QB, able to get you 7 yards every time he drops back or a run game getting you 1 yard per. Why continue running into a wall?  Spread it out early on first down, go 5 wide and make them adjust. Keep Ivory in the game and if they gear up to stop the pass, motion him into the backfield. 

I've honestly never seen a more scripted game caller than Gailey.  He has plays he's just going to run no matter what the situation and its very frustrating. 

This is the type of coaching that New England laughs at. Why keep running the ball if you can't? Game plans need to change for every opponent. 

Tell that to his teammates.

I guess anyone not named Brady or Rodgers sucks. You must be the go-to guy at work when a rational mind is needed, right? 

Monumentally stupid is sitting around equating Fitz to Geno. Not the same thing guy, get your head out of your Klecko jersey.

1. WTF is with the personal attacks? Just because Gastineau is an overrated fraud don't take it out on me. 

2. Wanting a great quarterback is stupid all of a sudden? Who was equating Fitz to Geno? I said he sucks less than Geno, which is true. Spending any kind a serious money on Fitz would be incredibly stupid. I'd offer him maybe 4-5 per for 2-3 with a modest signing bonus. He ain't worth more than that and he ain't gonna get more than that from anyone. 

The Jets will most likely be cutting Geno in the offseason and drafting another QB. The earlier in the draft the better IMO. 

It's fine to oppose that viewpoint, but you said "Fitz sucks" like 6 times in that post.  He pretty clearly doesn't suck, at least not nearly on the level guys like Sanchez/Geno sucked and definitely would be worth bringing back for another year, either as a spot starter or the primary backup.  You're just too busy viewing him as Chad Pennington to see that he brings a lot of positives to the table that give him value. 

Yes, Fitz is just a powerhouse leading us to 28 points and a whopping 290 yards of total offense against one of the lesser teams in the NFL who also coughed the ball 3 times for extra Jets drives (excluding the final TO). He is so good the Jets coaching staff doesn't even allow him to run the 2 minute drill.

He had a solid journeyman type game, but to make it seem like he is playing like anything other than the middle of the road JAG he is is just delusional.

You don't get to rip on Fitz after he has a solid game.  Not when you've been clamoring for Geno Smith every week.  You've lost the right to make the same complaints over and over again.  It's a broken record at this point.  The rest of us are going to enjoy the victories.  We've already won more games this year than all of last year, and we're only at the halfway point.  And we did it yesterday with Fitz being the primary reason we won.  Not the defense, not the running game, not the offensive line, not Brandon Marshall.  Fitz was the reason.  And he did it with an injured hand no less.  The fact that we did it against the Jaguars (who have improved, if you haven't noticed), is largely irrelevant.  Geno couldn't have won this game.  Not a chance.

Great game by Fitz.  He carried the offense.  

The best play of the game was when he saw Decker one on one on the outside, checked out of a run and put a perfect back shoulder pass to him on the sidelines, setting up a TD later in the drive.  That was a classic, veteran savvy move, recognizing what the D was doing and getting a perfect call out to Decker.  That's the sh*t, Geno just doesnt give you.  Ever.

Honestly, Gailey is holding Fitz back at this point.  The guy is solid and can do more than what he's being asked to do.  I'd start spreading things out more for him.  When the Jets go 4 and 5 wide, he's finding the right match up every single time and the Jets have guys that can get open these days.  If the run game persists being awful, they need to reassess and start being a pass first team.  It's more effective and Fitz is making all the right reads these days.  Let the beard loose.  Then they can run more draws and traps which should make it easier for Ivory to find room.

Fitzmagic baby!!!!

Agreed 100%.  At this point, the run is not setting up the pass so they need to work it the other way.  Go with 4 WR sets and Ivory in the backfiled but keep throwing until defenses back off a little bit.  I have no problem running it to get the clock going while holding a lead, but beyond that, there is no point to running the ball at this point.

I thought they'd throw it to open up the run each of the past two weeks but they haven't.  At some point, it's gotta' happen.

This is the type of coaching that New England laughs at. Why keep running the ball if you can't? Game plans need to change for every opponent. 

I've heard Bowles say it and I hope it was one of those throw away comments because its ******* moronic but he has said, "we're not going to let teams dictate how we play the game".  Which is great, in theory.  Impose your will and do what you want to do but this is the NFL and its not that easy.  The guys on the other side of the field are as good, if not better.  You have to adjust your game plan on a per game basis.  New England is the king of it and they have a HOF QB. 

To continue running at the best team in the NFL at stopping the run, with a make-shift OL, when the passing game was their all day long...it's moronic.  Straight up.  You have to adjust.  Eventually, this stubborn mentality will cost you wins. 

It's fine to oppose that viewpoint, but you said "Fitz sucks" like 6 times in that post.  He pretty clearly doesn't suck, at least not nearly on the level guys like Sanchez/Geno sucked and definitely would be worth bringing back for another year, either as a spot starter or the primary backup.  You're just too busy viewing him as Chad Pennington to see that he brings a lot of positives to the table that give him value. 

That's YOUR OPINION.

I think he sucks. I think when we needed a first down late to try and run out the clock he missed Kerley on an awful pass that we needed to have. A first down there and the game would have been over. No garbage time TD. No onsides kick. Over. Fitz made a terrible throw and he wasn't under pressure. 

There was also a long stretch where our offense just disappeared. The inability to get a first down at the end of the first half also comes to mind. The coaching staff was way too conservative there but did you really expect Fitz to run the clock out? I sure didn't. 

And don't be hyperbolic, I didn't say "Fitz sucks" six times in that post. I said it like 3 times. Maybe 4. :P

I've heard Bowles say it and I hope it was one of those throw away comments because its ******* moronic but he has said, "we're not going to let teams dictate how we play the game".  Which is great, in theory.  Impose your will and do what you want to do but this is the NFL and its not that easy.  The guys on the other side of the field are as good, if not better.  You have to adjust your game plan on a per game basis.  New England is the king of it and they have a HOF QB. 

To continue running at the best team in the NFL at stopping the run, with a make-shift OL, when the passing game was their all day long...it's moronic.  Straight up.  You have to adjust.  Eventually, this stubborn mentality will cost you wins. 

It might not be being stubborn.  I think as a first-year HC, Bowles is relying heavily on his coordinators.  Which is sort of what you're supposed to do so you can take on the CEO-type role.  And what at least made sense on offense with a veteran OC like Chan Gailey.  But you're right that, eventually, he'll need to step in and make some changes.

That's YOUR OPINION.

I think he sucks. I think when we needed a first down late to try and run out the clock he missed Kerley on an awful pass that we needed to have. A first down there and the game would have been over. No garbage time TD. No onsides kick. Over. Fitz made a terrible throw and he wasn't under pressure. 

There was also a long stretch where our offense just disappeared. The inability to get a first down at the end of the first half also comes to mind. The coaching staff was way too conservative there but did you really expect Fitz to run the clock out? I sure didn't. 

And don't be hyperbolic, I didn't say "Fitz sucks" six times in that post. I said it like 3 times. Maybe 4. :P

It's the correct opinion.  Fitz was the primary reason we won yesterday, has thrown almost twice as many TD's as picks (with none of those INT's being a pick 6), and has us at 5-3.  That's not a QB who sucks.  That's an average QB.  Stop saying he sucks.  It's wrong, and it is only serving to ruin your enjoyment of the victories.

That's YOUR OPINION.

If Nick Marshall doesnt fumble punt, jets prob lose this game... Would the posters blowing Fitz then say he had a great game?

Backup RG.  Banged up Mangold.  Banged up Marshall.  Banged up Ivory.  No Pryor.  No kicker.  No running game whatsoever and Cromartie giving up huge plays to Allen Hurns.  Yet we still won.  Because of the QB, who is playing with torn ligaments in his left hand.  Yet we still have people who want to complain about the QB.  Unreal.

It's the correct opinion.  Fitz was the primary reason we won yesterday, has thrown almost twice as many TD's as picks, and has us at 5-3.  That's not a QB who sucks.  That's an average QB.  Stop saying he sucks.  It's wrong, and it is only serving to ruin your enjoyment of the victories.

Correct. Fitz was the primary reason we won yesterday and if Fitz was a good quarterback we would have won by a lot more. We used to have these same arguments during the Pennington era and Pennington was demonstrably better than Fitz. 

What side were you on then?

Backup RG.  Banged up Mangold.  Banged up Marshall.  Banged up Ivory.  No Pryor.  No kicker.  No running game whatsoever and Cromartie giving up huge plays to Allen Hurns.  Yet we still won.  Because of the QB, who is playing with torn ligaments in his left hand.  Yet we still have people who want to complain about the QB.  Unreal.

Penningtonology 101. Its everybody else's fault. 

Correct. Fitz was the primary reason we won yesterday and if Fitz was a good quarterback we would have won by a lot more. We used to have these same arguments during the Pennington era and Pennington was demonstrably better than Fitz. 

Any time you want to find us an Aaron Rodgers I'm all ears.  Until then I'd rather have a QB who wins us a game over one like Geno who would have lost us this game.  Want to watch a team who wins by a lot?  Go root for the Patriots.  Until then this is our QB.  You are 100 % whining about something that can't be changed.  Don't you get tired of it after a while?

Penningtonology 101. Its everybody else's fault. 

Are you kidding me with this?  WE WON THE GAME.  Those aren't excuses, they're facts.  Fitz won us the game.  Had Geno been under center, then they'd become excuses for a loss.  Why are you so pissed off?  Fitz played well.  It's that simple.  Give credit where its due and take your Pennington talk elsewhere.  Fitz isn't a guy anyone wants to hand $64M to.

Any time you want to find us an Aaron Rodgers I'm all ears.  Until then I'd rather have a QB who wins us a game over one like Geno who would have lost us this game.  Want to watch a team who wins by a lot?  Go root for the Patriots.  Until then this is our QB.  You are 100 % whining about something that can't be changed.  Don't you get tired of it after a while?

lol if you really believed that fitz was good enough you wouldn't need to bring up geno smith all the time

No. Because we ain't winning sh*t until we get one of those guys. It's the reason this team has been spinning its wheels for almost 50 years. We had one, we won a Super Bowl. Where's the next one. 

We can talk all we want about how nice it is to be edging out horrifically inept football teams like the Jacksonville Jaguars but its like congratulating someone for being the smart kid in the slow class. That kid ain't ever gonna be valedictorian. 

These hero worship threads over a JAG QB are exhausting.

Even more exhausting?  People complaining about our QB the day after he played well and won the game.  It wouldn't be necessary for these threads to go 12 pages week after week if we didn't have people saying the same stuff over and over again.

That's YOUR OPINION.

You're crazy dude.  He doesnt suck.  He's not great, he's not even very good...but sucks?  No.  Not at all.  

The reason the offense disappears is because of the persistence to run the ball 29 times at 1.1 ypc.  Not because of Fitzmagic.  He's the only reason the ball moved down the field yesterday.  What were you watching? 

You're crazy dude.  He doesnt suck.  He's not great, he's not even very good...but sucks?  No.  Not at all.  

The reason the offense disappears is because of the persistence to run the ball 29 times at 1.1 ypc.  Not because of Fitzmagic.  He's the only reason the ball moved down the field yesterday.  What were you watching? 

Full on CPF. 

Never expected this from you of all people. 

He sees Fitz and sees Pennington.  That's the reason for his idiotic arguments.  Fitz has shown 100X more heart than Pennington ever did.  The team trusts him and he's not shrinking during tough circumstances.  That's the type of QB we've wanted for a while, yet he's sad because we don't have an elite QB.  Tough sh*t, 20 other teams in the league have a similar problem.

Even more exhausting?  People complaining about our QB the day after he played well and won the game.  It wouldn't be necessary for these threads to go 12 pages this week if we didn't have people saying the same stuff over and over again.

It's because you have people in this thread acting as if yesterday was some virtuoso performance that once and for all ends the debate..  It's annoying.

The Jaguars are a terrible D...  I don't care what you say I still think Geno would have dropped 30 on them. 

Full on CPF. 

Never expected this from you of all people. 

It's because he's come around on the guy.  Like many others should have by now.  He's not great but the best we've got, and we aren't tied to him on some multi-year contract.  But I guess you'd just prefer to be miserable.

The, we should have won by more?  From you?  Jezzus.

29 runs at 1.1 ypc.  That's why we didnt win by more.  lmfao

It's because you have people in this thread acting as if yesterday was some virtuoso performance that once and for all ends the debate..  It's annoying.

The Jaguars are a terrible D...  I don't care what you say I still think Geno would have dropped 30 on them. 

We're basing our assessment on Fitz on actual results, not imaginary ones you make up.  Yet we're the annoying ones.

Archived