Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

This doesn't answer the question of "how did Rex or Bowles impact the fumbling?"

It's important that we understand and recognize the sphere of influence a coach actually has... at some point, players and execution has to be part of the conversation.

Why was Davis a JAG TE who wouldn't be on most teams rosters the go to guy with the game on the line even on the field thats all on Todd Bowles and Maccagnan who failed to address the TE need on this team. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't answer the question of "how did Rex or Bowles impact the fumbling?"

It's important that we understand and recognize the sphere of influence a coach actually has... at some point, players and execution has to be part of the conversation.

Rex is blamed for everything that goes wrong, we had the worst secondary in football and had few INts last year and that was credited to rex.  we get a lot of TOs this year and that's credited to Bowles.  Now an aggressive Buf team forces TOs and the coach has nothing to do w/ it?  which is it?

He didn't though.

Last night was about players executing. Both coaches actually served as detriments to their teams. 

The Bills won because, to their credit, they made plays when turnovers where there for the taking. The Jets lost because they committed the age-old sin of not protecting the football. Pretty simple really. That's not about "out-coaching", that just the basics of individual effort.

The Jets failed to execute, but so did the Bills. There was a lot of ugly football last night. The Jets defense was hands-down the best unit on the field last night, on both sides.

The outcome was determined by attrition. Rex wasted timeouts, wasted challenges, forfeited momentum, and went conservative WAY too early in the 2nd half. Rex's defense played on its heels, but the Jets offense didn't capitalize. Bowles, once again, had problems with situational football, made aggressive decisions (which I was cool with) but didn't insist on aggressive playcalls (what's the point of a route behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and 2 inside the 5 yard line?), left points on the field, used his timeouts poorly. 

he didn't understand a single word of this...trust me.  Too logical.

Why was Davis a JAG TE who wouldn't be on most teams rosters the go to guy with the game on the line even on the field thats all on Todd Bowles and Maccagnan who failed to address the TE need on this team. 

maybe they thought Amaro would develop into a player...we did invest a pretty high pick in Jace Amaro...and passed on a Sh!t ton of talent when we selected him...

maybe they thought Amaro would develop into a player...we did invest a pretty high pick in Jace Amaro...and passed on a Sh!t ton of talent when we selected him...

Yes we did but a few weeks ago vernon Davis was available Cumberland sucks Davis sucks TE non existent and I dont want to hear Gailey doesn't use the TE in his offense why did he last night with the damn game on the line.

Rex's QB wasted those timeouts though, rex didn't call them.  he wasted one challenge when it appeared Decker was short.

the biggest decisions were on Bowels w/ going for it, that and poor use of TOs on Buf's last drive killed our chances.

it always ultimately comes down to players executing.

You realize Taylor was calling those timeouts because he wasn't getting plays from the sideline, right?

they are 5-4 now and at the moment in playoff position(current 5 seed).

They were 5-4 last year. Exactly the same record. I mis-typed.

So yeah, what you said about them not being in this position in however long... is absolutely untrue.

Rex Ryan, spiking his hat, dropping 7 F-Bombs, and celebrating last night's victory like it was the Super Bowl tells me everything I need to know about him. Not that I didn't know before, but it's week 10 and you're barely above .500.

Could you imagine if Rex won a Super Bowl the celebration? He might sacrifice a live goat.

In all fairness to Rex, sacrificing an already dead goat wouldn't seem to be enough of an offering to appease the Gods. 

Rex is blamed for everything that goes wrong, we had the worst secondary in football and had few INts last year and that was credited to rex.  we get a lot of TOs this year and that's credited to Bowles.  Now an aggressive Buf team forces TOs and the coach has nothing to do w/ it?  which is it?

Marshall had 2 hands on a pass, and tip-drilled it into the arms of a defender. That's not aggressive. That's right-place, right-time... and bad form from Marshall.

Devin Smith had the ball knocked loose on his way to the ground, on a kick return that he should have never run out of the endzone. That's not aggressive. That's a rookie mistake.

I'll credit them for Rambo ripping the ball from Ivory's arms when he got stood up a little. 

2 of the 3 impactful turnovers were gifts. Not Rex coaching the ball out of our guys hands. The other was Rambo, doing what he's probably been coached to do since he was a child.

The Bills didn't play good football last night. We just played worse.

You realize Taylor was calling those timeouts because he wasn't getting plays from the sideline, right?

They were 5-4 last year. Exactly the same record. I mis-typed.

So yeah, what you said about them not being in this position in however long... is absolutely untrue.

is Rex the OC?

not all 5-4s are the same, a year ago they were 10th in the AFC when they were 5-4 and now they are 5th and would be in.

In the long run I think the jets have the better option. Bowels is still learning, and despite the crappy game the jets played, they were right there for the win. If Davis catches that TD, everyone would be praising bowels and laughing at Rex.

Marshall had 2 hands on a pass, and tip-drilled it into the arms of a defender. That's not aggressive. That's right-place, right-time... and bad form from Marshall.

Devin Smith had the ball knocked loose on his way to the ground, on a kick return that he should have never run out of the endzone. That's not aggressive. That's a rookie mistake.

I'll credit them for Rambo ripping the ball from Ivory's arms when he got stood up a little. 

2 of the 3 impactful turnovers were gifts. Not Rex coaching the ball out of our guys hands. The other was Rambo, doing what he's probably been coached to do since he was a child.

The Bills didn't play good football last night. We just played worse.

the marshall dropped that turned into an INT was bad luck for us, the forced fumbles the D/sts get credit for forcing those regardless of how dumb the decision was to take the kick out of the EZ.

if we played worse the coach bears no responsibility? what would be said if Rex was still our coach?

is Rex the OC?

not all 5-4s are the same, a year ago they were 10th in the AFC when they were 5-4 and now they are 5th and would be in.

The playoffs don't begin in week 10. So actually, yeah... 5-4 is just 5-4. 

And with that, you've made this ridiculous... right on schedule.

I don't think so.  Amaro wasn't even listed at TE.  He was listed at H-back and would have been taking snaps that Enunwa was getting, not Davis. FWIW, Amaro was playing so poorly in camp he wasn't even on the main field before he was injured

the marshall dropped that turned into an INT was bad luck for us, the forced fumbles the D/sts get credit for forcing those regardless of how dumb the decision was to take the kick out of the EZ.

if we played worse the coach bears no responsibility? what would be said if Rex was still our coach?

No, the Marshall and Smith turnovers were bad plays, by them. Not bad coaching decisions. Not bad luck. They didn't take care of the ball. Do you think that Bowles forgot to tell them to "protect the ball"? No, he didn't. I'm sure. So turning it over is on the players, not on the coach for forgetting to remind them.

Again, you're wrong. I don't have the interest in squabbling about it all day... especially now that you're introducing hypotheticals.

right on schedule you attack me b/c, as usual, you have nothing.

How is that an attack? 

The formula is pretty simple here. 

You say something. I disagree and provide sound reasoning for why, being sure to keep it about football. You get insecure, then say something profoundly ridiculous to try and root out some obtuse angle in the argument to save face with. I tell you you're still wrong. You bellyache about how I "attack" you or "bash" you, because I "have nothing". You subscribe to the behavior that the more you say "he attacked me, I won" the more people you can get to believe it. Everyone points and laughs at you. 

No, the Marshall and Smith turnovers were bad plays, by them. Not bad coaching decisions. Not bad luck. They didn't take care of the ball. Do you think that Bowles forgot to tell them to "protect the ball"? No, he didn't. I'm sure. So turning it over is on the players, not on the coach for forgetting to remind them.

Again, you're wrong. I don't have the interest in squabbling about it all day... especially now that you're introducing hypotheticals.

how many times this year have we tried to run kicks out of the EZ and not even reached the 20? doesn't matter who the returner has been- that's not on coaching?

I just find it amazing that every TO was blamed on rex last year and now we turn it over and it's all on the players.  that's nonsense.

How is that an attack? 

You say something. I disagree and provide sound reasoning for why, being sure to keep it about football. You get insecure, then say something profoundly ridiculous to try and root out some obtuse angle in the argument to save face with. I tell you you're still wrong. You bellyache about how I "attack" you or "bash" you, because I "have nothing". You subscribe to the behavior that the more you say "he attacked me, I won" the more people you can get to believe it. Everyone points and laughs at you. 

it's not about "winning", those that understand the game can see everything in our discussions and I don't need the validation of others like an insecure person like yourself needs.  we are allowed to disagree but you always start acting like a child every time you have nothing to come back at me w/.  it's typical and embarrassing.

How is that an attack? 

In other words..

28931e3476f58f07d0f46db04b902596.jpg

Yes, he won his super bowl, congrats to you and your fellow Bills fans.

This was an exciting win for Rex and all of Buffalo because it meant that we are still alive as a playoff potential team.   Rex didn't act any differently than he did in other games this year.  

it's not about "winning", those that understand the game can see everything in our discussions and I don't need the validation of others like an insecure person like yourself needs.  we are allowed to disagree but you always start acting like a child every time you have nothing to come back at me w/.  it's typical and embarrassing.

You appeal to the court of public opinion every single time I prove you wrong. Every time. 

I said the topic has become ridiculous, because I had already proven my point. Then I attempted to walk away before giving you the chance to reduce it from respectful disagreement within the context of a football debate (which is how I positioned my initial response) to an argument wherein you make it obtuse, and focus on trying to convince on-lookers that I've attacked you. Of course, this always follows the model where I said nothing about you personally, and then you make personal remarks about me in trying to prove I made it personal.

It definitely sounds like I'm the childish one. By this logic, I'm also the one with a personality disorder, amiright?

You appeal to the court of public opinion every single time I prove you wrong. Every time. 

I said the topic has become ridiculous, because I had already proven my point. Then I attempted to walk away before giving you the chance to reduce it from respectful disagreement within the context of a football debate (which is how I positioned my initial response) to an argument wherein you make it obtuse, and focus on trying to convince on-lookers that I've attacked you. Of course, this always follows the model where I said nothing about you personally, and then you make personal remarks about me in trying to prove I made it personal.

It definitely sounds like I'm the childish one. By this logic, I'm also the one with a personality disorder, amiright?

you have NEVER proven me wrong.  you give your OPINIONS then when you disagree w/ me and cannot counter you go after me. it is all you do. 

This was an exciting win for Rex and all of Buffalo because it meant that we are still alive as a playoff potential team.   Rex didn't act any differently than he did in other games this year.  

Rex had every right to act the way he did, he was certainly pumped up and he should have been.  he was the scapegoat here, he was fired, he was dumped on and in a pretty big game(as far as big games go for midseason) he led his team to a win.  I hated to see it but good for him.

it's week 10 and he has his team in playoff position, a place Buffalo hasn't been to since 1999.  he was the scapegoat here and he has every right to celebrate that win. it was a big win for him and his franchise.

You're exactly right nyjunc.  It was a huge win for us (Bills fan here).  We knew that a loss last night would pretty much put us out of the playoffs.  This was a tough game for us and nobody (here) thought that a win would be a walk in the park. So,  when we did win,  it was a big sigh of relief.  

Rex had every right to act the way he did, he was certainly pumped up and he should have been.  he was the scapegoat here, he was fired, he was dumped on and in a pretty big game(as far as big games go for midseason) he led his team to a win.  I hated to see it but good for him.

You are exactly right nyjunc.  At the end of the day,  both teams (Jets and Bills) are still playoff contenders. Jets and their fans should have no complaints about how their team played the game either.  Yes,  there were some mistakes made but the Jets played a hell of a game  IMO.

you have NEVER proven me wrong.  you give your OPINIONS then when you disagree w/ me and cannot counter you go after me. it is all you do. 

I prove you wrong, routinely and easily. Then you insist on making me repeat it 40 times. When I choose not to, you claim I couldn't prove you wrong, then you cry "you went after me". 

Even now, you are arguing about my tendencies, and I'm proving you wrong... 

You can't compare last years Jet team to this years Jet team with all the new additions last years team was devoid of talent especially at QB and the secondary..

oh yes they can and often do.  its idiotic but it's done all the time.

You are exactly right nyjunc.  At the end of the day,  both teams (Jets and Bills) are still playoff contenders. Jets and their fans should have no complaints about how their team played the game either.  Yes,  there were some mistakes made but the Jets played a hell of a game  IMO.

we can complain, we made some big mistakes but overall Buffalo played better and deserved to win.  I think week 17 is going to be a win and in game for our teams.

Archived