And just like that, Rex Ryan is officially eliminated from playoff contention.

RutgersJetFan

Who gives a **** though?  It's the Bills.  They're irrelevant.  You guys say it's funny now but if we got swept by Rex and bounced from the playoffs on the last game of the season in a win and in scenario, none of you will be laughing and if you are, you're a very strange individual.  haha

They're only irrelevant because they hired Rex.  When they had Marrone and Schwartz they were very relevant.  Tons of talent on defense plus Sammy Watkins on the other side of the ball.  I'm OK with Rex being there for a while.  Things will only get worse for them.

I'm not saying I won't be pissed as hell to lose to them.  But I am saying that if it means Rex keeps his job, it keeps them irrelevant, which is a good thing down the road.  It'll also make for some funny threads around here in the aftermath, with people saying we made a mistake letting Rex go.  Silver lining.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But again, who cares?  He's not our problem any more.  

It seems petty to care more about someone else failing than our own success.  I'd personally like the beat Rex Ryan and the Bills. 

We face the Bills twice a year, so it absolutely does matter what goes on there.  Of course we want to beat the Bills.  No one is saying otherwise.  Just looking at the big picture here IF we were to lose.  What do you want us to say?  That we'll be miserable forever and for all time?  Nope.  We've had a really good, enjoyable season.  That feeling isn't tethered 100 % to whether we make the playoffs or not.

They're only irrelevant because they hired Rex.  When they had Marrone and Schwartz they were very relevant.  Tons of talent on defense plus Sammy Watkins on the other side of the ball.  I'm OK with Rex being there for a while.  Things will only get worse for them.

I'm not saying I won't be pissed as hell to lose to them.  But I am saying that if it means Rex keeps his job, it keeps them irrelevant, which is a good thing down the road.  It'll also make for some funny threads around here in the aftermath, with people saying we made a mistake letting Rex go.  Silver lining.

No they werent.  Hence why hiring Rex resulted in their highest ticket sales ever.

And I'm just going to go with the notion that none of you actually believe what you're typing.  Nobody is going to be happy if Rex sweeps the Jets, potentially knocks them out of the playoffs because that means he'll be around longer.  You dont mean it.  You're just saying cute things for the purpose the thread. 

We face the Bills twice a year, so it absolutely does matter what goes on there.  Of course we want to beat the Bills.  No one is saying otherwise.  Just looking at the big picture here IF we were to lose.  What do you want us to say?  That we'll be miserable forever and for all time?  Nope.  We've had a really good, enjoyable season.  That feeling isn't tethered 100 % to whether we make the playoffs or not.

Yes you guys are.  haha.  That's why I'm arguing with you.  This wont be funny and the season will be a lot less enjoyable if it goes down the way we're talking about.  

What if he has the Jets #?  What if he never losses to them?  That's not cool either.  haha

Your version of fun is demented.

They're two separate issues. Rex took a team that was 9-7, added a legit QB and a stud RB, and, inconceivably, made them worse in just about every way. He not only learned nothing from his six years of turning the Jets into a smoldering crater, he apparently thinks the problem is he wasn't given the freedom to be more stupid. His team is fundamentally unsound, laughably undisciplined, and softer than a used kleenex, and as they sunk deeper and deeper, he's made every excuse in the book, from officiating to injuries to headset malfunctions. He's revealed himself once and for all to be a buffoon, a charlatan, and a coward, and Buffalo fans, media, and even players are all scheming ways to get him out of town the minute the clock strikes triple zero on Week 17. If we hit the aforementioned zeroes with the Bills on top, Rex will spend the offseason crowing about how the Bills were the best 7-9 team in NFL history and laud new GM Jeff Weeks for his personnel acumen. If that's how it shakes out, I'll be pissed at the Jets, but nothing about that result will change the fact that one of our division rivals is a tire fire. Don't cross the streams and you can be as happy as I am.

No they werent.  Hence why hiring Rex resulted in their highest ticket sales ever.

And I'm just going to go with the notion that none of you actually believe what you're typing.  Nobody is going to be happy if Rex sweeps the Jets, potentially knocks them out of the playoffs because that means he'll be around longer.  You dont mean it.  You're just saying cute things for the purpose the thread. 

I am only guessing that you forgot what a superhero you made Rex out to be while he was here

But again, who cares?  He's not our problem any more.  

It seems petty to care more about someone else failing than our own success.  I'd personally like the beat Rex Ryan and the Bills. 

People who have wronged you, either directly or indirectly, deserve to have their lives ruined in public spectacle. When I worked at Caldors as a teen, the security guy there once accused me of stealing and I wished death upon him. A week later, an air bubble stopped his heart. This was a great personal victory.

They're two separate issues. Rex took a team that was 9-7, added a legit QB and a stud RB, and, inconceivably, made them worse in just about every way. He not only learned nothing from his six years of turning the Jets into a smoldering crater, he apparently thinks the problem is he wasn't given the freedom to be more stupid. His team is fundamentally unsound, laughably undisciplined, and softer than a used kleenex, and as they sunk deeper and deeper, he's made every excuse in the book, from officiating to injuries to headset malfunctions. He's revealed himself once and for all to be a buffoon, a charlatan, and a coward, and Buffalo fans, media, and even players are all scheming ways to get him out of town the minute the clock strikes triple zero on Week 17. If we hit the aforementioned zeroes with the Bills on top, Rex will spend the offseason crowing about how the Bills were the best 7-9 team in NFL history and laud new GM Jeff Weeks for his personnel acumen. If that's how it shakes out, I'll be pissed at the Jets, but nothing about that result will change the fact that one of our division rivals is a tire fire. Don't cross the streams and you can be as happy as I am.

Seems petty.  I'd rather win and make the playoffs and stuff.  All this stuff you're talking about you already knew and you've been trying to educate buffoons like myself for the past 3 years.  So what's the difference?  If Rex sucks, then he sucks and the Jets shouldnt lose to him twice.

The Bills are irrelevant and have been for years.  We certainly can be happy Rex didnt make them relevant but those in the know, saw this coming and the rest seems petty.  I personally care more about the Jets than our rivals.  Unless ofcourse, you're going to tell me BB and Brady retied because thats the only relevant team in the division.

I am only guessing that you forgot what a superhero you made Rex out to be while he was here

I'm guessing you havent read anything I've said about him since he left.

People who have wronged you, either directly or indirectly, deserve to have their lives ruined in public spectacle. When I worked at Caldors as a teen, the security guy there once accused me of stealing and I wished death upon him. A week later, an air bubble stopped his heart. This was a great personal victory.

You're cold dude.  Dbates is going to rep this which means he rep'd you celebrating the death of another human. 

Pretty shocked they've been this bad, especially with the production they got from the QB position.  I thought that was the only thing holding them back.  I dont really get how the D got bad.  I know he's the butt of many jokes around here but his D was never anything to laugh at like it is this year.  Strange.  If anything, at least Rex found them a legit QB to build around.  

I got fooled by this dude.  No doubt.  Very easy to see how cancerous he is from a far.  You just cant run a team the way this dude does.  I was too stubborn to see it. 

All that said, is this still funny if he sweeps the Jets this season?

Quite simple. Systems in the NFL do not last forever. The NFL figured out how to handle a Rex defense in 2011 and gas continued to get better at playing it, largely by exploiting his super complicated situational coverage schemes. Rex runs his system and does not really adapt to players or changes in the NFL,  so each year his defense gets a little worse.

Very few, if any, people were saying it was a mistake to let Rex go by the time he was let go. 

Seems petty.  I'd rather win and make the playoffs and stuff.  All this stuff you're talking about you already knew and you've been trying to educate buffoons like myself for the past 3 years.  So what's the difference?  If Rex sucks, then he sucks and the Jets shouldnt lose to him twice.

The Bills are irrelevant and have been for years.  We certainly can be happy Rex didnt make them relevant but those in the know, saw this coming and the rest seems petty.  I personally care more about the Jets than our rivals.  Unless ofcourse, you're going to tell me BB and Brady retied because thats the only relevant team in the division.

I'm really enjoying the Emily Post School Of Passive-Aggressive Rex Defense. 

I'd rather win and make the playoffs and stuff.  

It's not a hinary proposition, since humans can enjoy more than one thing at once. For example, I like tacos and Scorsese movies. Hell of a world.

Are you suggesting that people stop commenting on BB? On HE? On any player that the Jets let go because of FA or other?

I'm not following.  I'm sure you got me though.

Quite simple. Systems in the NFL do not last forever. The NFL figured out how to handle a Rex defense in 2011 and gas continued to get better at playing it, largely by exploiting his super complicated situational coverage schemes. Rex runs his system and does not really adapt to players or changes in the NFL,  so each year his defense gets a little worse.

Tell that to the Pats...

Seems petty.  I'd rather win and make the playoffs and stuff. 

So you really think we're saying the Bills winning is the optimal result?  That we don't want to go 11-5 and make the playoffs? 

And of course its petty.  Who cares?  Rex set our franchise back with 4 straight horrific losing seasons.  If the Bills are stupid enough to repeat that history I'm good with that.  But this isn't me rooting for the Bills to win.  This is me rationalizing why it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world like you're making it out to be.  We're fans.  It's OK to be irrational and petty sometimes.  If we were rational, we'd be fans of the Packers.

I'm really enjoying the Emily Post School Of Passive-Aggressive Rex Defense. 

It's not a hinary proposition, since humans can enjoy more than one thing at once. For example, I like tacos and Scorsese movies. Hell of a world.

I'm here for you, honey.  Shane doesnt treat you like this. 

So you really think we're saying the Bills winning is the optimal result?  That we don't want to go 11-5 and make the playoffs? 

And of course its petty.  Who cares?  Rex set our franchise back with 4 straight horrific losing seasons.  If the Bills are stupid enough to repeat that history I'm good with that.  But this isn't me rooting for the Bills to win.  This is me rationalizing why it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world like you're making it out to be.  We're fans.  It's OK to be irrational and petty sometimes.  If we were rational, we'd be fans of the Packers.

Never said it was the worst thing in the world.  Asked a simple question.  You all answered in a way that surprised me a bit.  I figured you guys would care more about Jets success than Bills failures.  

But like Dbates said, you can enjoy 2 things at once.  Like cookies and milk.  Love that combo.

It's kind of funny because in Collission Low Crossers you read about people talking about how Rex would just come up with crazy innovative stuff on napkins to add to the gameplan each week.  I certainly do not know defense to the level of Rex, but being honest what I've always seen from Rex was the same thing over and over again.  Overload blitz from  the right, overload blitz from the left, overload blitz up the gut.  And honestly you could tell easily before the snap where it was coming from.  I don't know, maybe the covg schemes were more complicated during the rushes but it certainly didn't feel that way, and the rushes rarely got to the QB.  they had 54 sacks last season in BUF, they have like 20 this year.  That's all on the scheme and lack of disguising the blitzes.  I agree, Rex has been figured out, and unlike the genius some would like to make him out to be I just don't think he's creative enough to come up with something new. 

Never said it was the worst thing in the world.  Asked a simple question.  You all answered in a way that surprised me a bit.  I figured you guys would care more about Jets success than Bills failures.  

But like Dbates said, you can enjoy 2 things at once.  Like cookies and milk.  Love that combo.

I wouldn't ENJOY the loss.  I'm saying the ultimate end result, Rex sticking around, would be funny, and good for us in the long-term.  Sort of like Rex beating the Pats in the 2010 playoffs was ultimately good for the Patriots, because that basically kept him around for the next 4 terrible seasons.

I was in Vieques this weekend and it was glorious. No phone, no noise. Wild horses would come up to my oceanfront suite looking for a sugar cube from the coffee tray. The one sh*t moment came when I foolishly wore a Jets T-shirt to breakfast and this Romney-looking guy comes up to me at the omelette station and says, "Jets fan, eh?" I could hear the Bahstahn in his voice, and I knew what was to follow. I said "yep" anyway. And then he says, "I'm sah-ree ha ha ha." I just took my omelette, nodded, and walked away. This happened because of Rex. Rex Ryan sh*t on my omelette.

I was in Vieques this weekend and it was glorious. No phone, no noise. Wild horses would come up to my oceanfront suite looking for a sugar cube from the coffee tray. The one sh*t moment came when I foolishly wore a Jets T-shirt to breakfast and this Romney-looking guy comes up to me at the omelette station and says, "Jets fan, eh?" I could hear the Bahstahn in his voice, and I knew what was to follow. I said "yep" anyway. And then he says, "I'm sah-ree ha ha ha." I just took my omelette, nodded, and walked away. This happened because of Rex. Rex Ryan sh*t on my omelette.

Are you like that guy in that commercial a year or so ago that asks "have you ever gone hang gliding in Phuket?"

True.  But you can bet some people will come out of the woodwork if the Bills win in Week 17, with the charge led by stoicsentry.

And if we win, they'll retire to the study, pour themselves a glass of port, and reflect on the deficits of human character--the abject, shameful pettiness--that would cause anyone to celebrate a football team losing a game.

Your coach brought in noted locker room cancers Lesean McCoy, Percy Harvin and Richie Incognito, but it's the All Pro DE who has been your best player from the second he walked in the door that sabotaged your entire team? 

Percy missed more than half the season.  There's been nothing but positive reports about Richie and you have a point about Lesean.  However,  Mario has been complaining all season in and out of the locker room.  I am not saying that he (Mario) doesn't have some valid complaints but he did cause some damage within.

Archived