Rex Ryan: the official 2016 point & laugh thread

Integrity28

Record?  Meh, 1 win either way. No biggie.

Stats?  D regressed.  Offense improved, significantly.

Fans?  Please.  lol

The rest of your comments are poop.

You dont think I figured that out with my first 3 posts simply saying "karma".  lol

You are so easily trolled. 

monkey_see_monkey_do_monkey_get_in_troub

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record?  Meh, 1 win either way. No biggie.

Stats?  D regressed.  Offense improved, significantly.

Fans?  Please.  lol

The rest of your comments are poop.

You dont think I figured that out with my first 3 posts simply saying "karma".  lol

You are so easily trolled. 

You're hear telling me you "figured it out", when it couldn't have been more obvious what I was doing... but I got trolled. 

Silly JIF, you are like the offspring of @joewilly12 and @Pac

Unfortunately, the Jets acted like the Rex Ryan Jets in the most important game of the year. That is on Bowles.

But, when comparing the larger body of work, the Jets of this year just blow away the Jets of Rex Ryan ilk in terms of discipline, adjustments, preparation and poise.

Unfortunately, game 16 was team outlier that got them busted.

So much an easier watch this year. 

Unfortunately, the Jets acted like the Rex Ryan Jets in the most important game of the year. That is on Bowles.

But, when comparing the larger body of work, the Jets of this year just blow away the Jets of Rex Ryan ilk in terms of discipline, adjustments, preparation and poise.

I'd argue that what we saw Sunday looked a lot like every other loss this year, and the first half of a couple of games we actually won. The only game we outright got beat down in was vs. Oakland, the rest featured a modicum of self-destructing, at least.

Truer words have never been posted..;)

Agreed.  I think we're in much better hands but we've all been here before and here we are again.  

I think this time I'm going to take the wait and see approach before I go all goo-goo-gaa-gaa like have the last few times we had new regime changes that started off well.  lol

Big picture, if you're not going to make the playoffs, I think finding a QB is more important than anything else.  The Bills could have possibly found one. 

Last year, these 2 teams werent even on the same planet in terms of talent.  This year, they were pretty even.  Both games were decided by botched ST's.   I think they're more evenly matched than you're making it out to be. 

I think overall talent, they're evenly matched.  What I'm saying is that they're better than us at the LOS on both sides of the ball, and that's why we struggle against them.  Also, Watkins is much better than Revis at this point.  So, the issue isn't overall talent, it's match-ups, and I think they're favorable in match-ups.  Again, carbon copy of the Houston game.

^^^^easiest trolled person in interwebz history

So you were trolling the Ape when you said "karma" like 18 times in the game thread?  Right.  That was your knee-jerk reaction to people rightfully bashing Rex Ryan, who you still secretly support, then claim you "don't care about".

You're so right though, the Bills found their franchise QB thanks to Rex.  A 6-1 shrimp whose career we nearly crushed twice with our big D-linemen.  He came up limping then, he won't get up in a future game somewhere down the road.  Franchise guy.  He was so worth discovering out of that 8-8 season.  Meanwhile you forget the Ravens let him go after his rookie deal ended.  You know, the same organization that was smart enough to recognize Rex is not a real Head Coach.  They don't know what they're doing at all.

blew em' away...  96 this year to 109 last year..  that's like .75 a game!!

oh and this...

4. Bowles vs. Ryan: There's no doubt that Bowles has brought discipline to the Jets, who have only 90 penalties (sixth in the NFL). A year ago, under Ryan, they finished 17th with 109 penalties.

Ryan is taking a lot of heat because the Buffalo Bills have been penalized a league-high 138 times, but I found this interesting: There's not a big difference in the number of pre-snap penalties between the Jets (39) and Bills (43). Pre-snap penalties are associated with a lack of focus, which can be tied to coaching. In that respect, they're fairly close. That old Ryan bugaboo (12 men on defense) has been a non-issue for the Bills. Meanwhile, the Jets have been flagged twice for it.

yeah screw him.  I don't want playoff runs I want level headed press conferences!!

now that the circus left town I'm basking in the glory of all this professionalism!! 

Did you all see the way Bowles calmly answered questions about their embarrassing collapse?  I would have felt way worse about it had he emoted..  would have been embarrassing. 

What a great time to be a Jet fan.

Get over it. It's the first year in what I think will be a long and successful tenure. I wouldn't want Rex Ryan back for anything. 

blew em' away...

4. Bowles vs. Ryan: There's no doubt that Bowles has brought discipline to the Jets, who have only 90 penalties (sixth in the NFL). A year ago, under Ryan, they finished 17th with 109 penalties.

Ryan is taking a lot of heat because the Buffalo Bills have been penalized a league-high 138 times, but I found this interesting: There's not a big difference in the number of pre-snap penalties between the Jets (39) and Bills (43). Pre-snap penalties are associated with a lack of focus, which can be tied to coaching. In that respect, they're fairly close. That old Ryan bugaboo (12 men on defense) has been a non-issue for the Bills. Meanwhile, the Jets have been flagged twice for it.

Rex is about to enter his 8th year of being a head coach.  Funny how you hold Bowles to an even higher standard in his first season.  You do realize a lot of the biggest "penalty guys" on the Jets were Rex's boys, no?  Hell, Willie Colon once got a penalty from the sidelines this year WHEN HE WASN'T EVEN PLAYING.  He will be unceremoniously allowed to test the free agent waters this offseason.  I bet you $30 to a charity of your choice Colon ends up a Bill. 

ell it harder. 

Flailing to prove you trolled the other guy first is always a good move.

No need to sell facts that everyone here knows.

I think overall talent, they're evenly matched.  What I'm saying is that they're better than us at the LOS on both sides of the ball, and that's why we struggle against them.  Also, Watkins is much better than Revis at this point.  So, the issue isn't overall talent, it's match-ups, and I think they're favorable in match-ups.  Again, carbon copy of the Houston game.

Stats dont necessarily support that LOS position.  We had more sacks, better rushing yardage, etc.  Taylor had to scramble a lot (10 times and was their leading rusher).

The Jets had plenty of chances to win that game and just didnt capitalize.  With ST's killing us, again.  I think it's a pretty even match-up just at the end of each game, the Bills made more plays.  

Revis literally retired on the field right before our very eyes. 

So you were trolling the Ape when you said "karma" like 18 times in the game thread?  Right.  That was your knee-jerk reaction to people rightfully bashing Rex Ryan, who you still secretly support, then claim you "don't care about".

You're so right though, the Bills found their franchise QB thanks to Rex.  A 6-1 shrimp whose career we nearly crushed twice with our big D-linemen.  He came up limping then, he won't get up in a future game somewhere down the road.  Franchise guy.  He was so worth discovering out of that 8-8 season.  Meanwhile you forget the Ravens let him go after his rookie deal ended.  You know, the same organization that was smart enough to recognize Rex is not a real Head Coach.  They don't know what they're doing at all.

Not Ape specifically, the entire board more like it. 

You say things you dont mean out of haste.  It's o.k.  I forgive you.

Big picture, if you're not going to make the playoffs, I think finding a QB is more important than anything else.  The Bills could have possibly found one. 

Last year, these 2 teams werent even on the same planet in terms of talent.  This year, they were pretty even.  Both games were decided by botched ST's.   I think they're more evenly matched than you're making it out to be. 

If you can say the Bills found a QB, you can say the Jets found one.  Both teams have scrap heap guys that performed well. Neither is a "franchise" QB, but both appear to be viable starters.

I'd argue that what we saw Sunday looked a lot like every other loss this year, and the first half of a couple of games we actually won. The only game we outright got beat down in was vs. Oakland, the rest featured a modicum of self-destructing, at least.

We lost those games because of discipline, adjustments, preparation and poise.  Penalties, burning timeouts, pathetic special teams.  The only reason this was "easier to watch" is because you like Bowles better and don't like being part of the "circus."  That is understandable, but it doesn't make it any better when only 10 guys are on the field and you have to burn a timeout or jump offsides on 4th and 3.

You guys love to say that you are what your record says you are.  Then why are the Ravens so ******* smart?  They suck. 

You guys love to say that you are what your record says you are.  Then why are the Ravens so ******* smart?  They suck. 

Since 2000, they've won 2 Super Bowls.  9 of their 16 seasons have resulted in double-digit win seasons and playoff berths.  This was just their 4th losing season in that span.  Think about that.  4 losing seasons out of 16. 

This was all basically under the same GM, btw.  Ozzie Newsome has been in their front office since 1996 and their GM since 2002, which is pretty remarkable longevity.

Yes, they are very much what their record says they are.  A solid franchise. 

Since 2000, they've won 2 Super Bowls.  9 of their 16 seasons have resulted in double-digit win seasons and playoff berths.  This was just their 4th losing season in that span.  Think about that.  4 losing seasons out of 16.

Yes, they are very much what their record says they are.  A solid franchise. 

We had a winning record this year.  What does that make us? 

Rex is about to enter his 8th year of being a head coach.  Funny how you hold Bowles to an even higher standard in his first season.  You do realize a lot of the biggest "penalty guys" on the Jets were Rex's boys, no?  Hell, Willie Colon once got a penalty from the sidelines this year WHEN HE WASN'T EVEN PLAYING.  He will be unceremoniously allowed to test the free agent waters this offseason.  I bet you $30 to a charity of your choice Colon ends up a Bill. 

the flailing you do to protect your talking points is astounding.  So you're saying some of the team is still infected with Ryanitus and it presents itself via penalties?

We had a winning record this year.  What does that make us? 

Better this year.  But acting like the Ravens suck off one year is incredibly short-sighted.  I'm talking about a decision they made back in 2009 (hiring Harbaugh and letting Rex walk) as well as a more recent one (letting Tyrod Taylor end up Rex's QB). 

Given all the smart moves they've been making since the late 90's, I'd say they get a pass for one bad season.  As an organization, they don't suck at all.  They're one of the top franchises in the NFL.  They've had the same GM since 2002 and the same HC since 2009.  They're stable. 

We lost those games because of discipline, adjustments, preparation and poise.  Penalties, burning timeouts, pathetic special teams.  The only reason this was "easier to watch" is because you like Bowles better and don't like being part of the "circus."  That is understandable, but it doesn't make it any better when only 10 guys are on the field and you have to burn a timeout or jump offsides on 4th and 3.

Eh, I said so at the time of those losses. I said something like "strike 1" or whatever... I'm not a hypocrite about making these types of criticisms.

the flailing you do to protect your talking points is astounding.  So you're saying some of the team is still infected with Ryanitus and it presents itself via penalties?

Given that Rex tended to make adjustments to the roster that impacted things like discipline and created a culture where it was OK to f*ck up, yes, I think there are remnants left over from his 6 years here.  Bowles is not innocent but he also is a First Year HC who showed improvement over the course of the season.  Rex hasn't learned a single lesson from his days with the Jets and his team in Buffalo is still highly penalized. 

You're doing a lot of crowing about Rex winning his "Super Bowl" this year, and I get that.  But in the long-term this changes nothing.  Bowles has the potential to be a very good coach, and only time will tell on that.  But the book has long been closed on Rex.  Rex is a terrible HC, always has been and always will be. 

Not Ape specifically, the entire board more like it. 

You say things you dont mean out of haste.  It's o.k.  I forgive you.

Yea, so I thought it would be fun to isolate some of your moral superiority in a thread that trolled the notion... anyone in the game thread knew what I was doing, and it was telegraphed by the name of the thread, which I guess needed to be more tongue-in-cheek (if that's possible) for you to get it too.

Your latency is as predictable as your insecure wit.

If you can say the Bills found a QB, you can say the Jets found one.  Both teams have scrap heap guys that performed well. Neither is a "franchise" QB, but both appear to be viable starters.

Agreed...but one is 26 and the other is 34.  haha

his team in Buffalo is still highly penalized. 

when seattle won the Super Bowl they were the most penalized team in football. It's not clear that there's a connection between winning and fewer penalties. 

As for this whole thread I have one simple question is Todd Bowles a better coach than Rex Ryan? Are we all so sure about that? Some of these calls down the stretch, Rex would be killed for. 

Yea, so I thought it would be fun to isolate some of your moral superiority in a thread that trolled the notion... anyone in the game thread knew what I was doing, and it was telegraphed by the name of the thread, which I guess needed to be more tongue-in-cheek (if that's possible) for you to get it too.

Your latency is as predictable as your insecure wit.

^^^^^^^ too easy

when seattle won the Super Bowl they were the most penalized team in football. It's not clear that there's a connection between winning and fewer penalties. 

Seattle made up for it by playing great on both sides of the ball.  The penalties aren't the only reason Rex has failed to have a winning season for 5 straight seasons.  But it is a big reason as part of a large list of reasons.  You certainly can't help yourself continually being high in penalties.  At some point you have to learn from your mistakes, to which Rex always says "We'll fix it", then never does.

As for this whole thread I have one simple question is Todd Bowles a better coach than Rex Ryan? Are we all so sure about that? Some of these calls down the stretch, Rex would be killed for. 

Bowles is a rookie Head Coach who definitely made some head scratching decisions throughout the year but that's to be expected.  Rex is a tenured Head Coach so it not really a fair comparison.  The double standard is what it is but at least there is hope that Bowles learns from his mistakes whereas I think we can all agree, Rex really hasnt based on what we've seen in Buffalo (predictions, locker room descent, circus antics, cant string together wins, etc.)

In the long term, I think having a coach with Bowles demeanor is better.  Rex runs hot and cold.  Mostly cold and I think that impacts performance.  Bowles is the same guy in a loss as he is in a win.  IMO - you need that, not someone with fan like emotional attributes. 

Bowles is a rookie Head Coach who definitely made some head scratching decisions throughout the year but that's to be expected.  Rex is a tenured Head Coach so it not really a fair comparison.  The double standard is what it is but at least there is hope that Bowles learns from his mistakes whereas I think we can all agree, Rex really hasnt based on what we've seen in Buffalo (predictions, locker room descent, circus antics, cant string together wins, etc.)

In the long term, I think having a coach with Bowles demeanor is better.  Rex runs hot and cold.  Mostly cold and I think that impacts performance.  Bowles is the same guy in a loss as he is in a win.  IMO - you need that, not someone with fan like emotional attributes. 

This guy gets it.  Now, can you explain these basic tenets to Pac like a 5-year old so we can move on and play some damn Mafia?  Thanks.

Archived