Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, goodie... it's tee time.

You're digging in behind one of the worst cases I've ever seen you make, and that is saying something, because you are a calamity in these games. You being alive in endgame situations is a testament to the fact that nobody fears you and you are forgettable. Bickering over track records isn't productive for this game, or situation, so I won't bite on that bit of distraction - but scum ping noted - everyone knows that when you want Ape off the scent of scum, then bait him into an ego-driven argument. That is exactly what everything in BOLD is. So, in essence you have written a 2 sentence rebuttal here and all it has accomplished is highlighting your ignorance, or scumminess.

Let's examine it further: Why would I use the phrase diametric opposition in the context that I'm doing something to oppose the town? That's what you're saying, right? You said something to that effect when you said you "had a feeling". Here's the reality: I was talking specifically to Verbal about something he said. Telling him that I was trying to use his situation to create polarity. Any halfwit could look at the phrase I used, and the context I used it in, and come to this conclusion. The accusation you're making doesn't make any sense at all, not in the context I said it, or in general practice... because, why would a scum player outright say they are doing something anti-town? That's a stupid accusation, by a stupid player.

I regularly look for opportunities to create opposing arguments or black/white choices, and weigh who comes down on each side of the argument. It's how I've always played, and I think it's quite obvious given the meaning of the words I chose, that that's what I was doing. 

Unvote, Vote Smash

I'm not digging in behind anything and its not making a case against you at all. Just pointing out that you're an Idiot. The response you made to my original post was stupid and rude when all I said was I had a gut feeling ....that's not making a case.... you choose to read WTF you want to read then come back at me with irrelevant bullsh*t.

You can call me stupid all you want but any half wit can go back and read last years games and see I was a hell of a lot more relevant than you will ever be. The only game I actually lost in about the last 7 games was the one I was partnered with you on a scum team.

The only mafia style you possess is to be annoying, then claim you didn't mean to be annoying, you were just pushing the player for reaction, honestly that crap is getting old. Win something for once then toot you're horn. 

If we get to deadline, and nobody believes my case, I'm willing to be the lynch because I believe in my observations and I'm a safe death for town. It's a pragmatic option, not an appeal to emotions.

You really just don't understand the game.

"If you want to lynch me to know that the theory comes from a town voice."

can be interpreted as:

"Trust me guys, I'm willing to die. I must be townie. " Which, because it's a hail-Mary type strategy, can't be interpreted as a test. It's a serious statement.

Also, it serves to potentially reduce the town pool which doesn't help town.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

-LK

Since Smash tried to pull me off JIF, my guess is that JIF may be more valuable... dunno, but given that his defense has been so bad, I want to kill JIF just to punctuate how poorly he's played... as least Smash tried the ego-driven argument tactic. I can respect that.

Unvote, Vote JIF

Stop trying to direct the game Ape I was not trying to push you off JIF at all so stop making crap up. I'll just keep my vote where it is because the more you post the more scummy you look.

@JIF I made the long post in a response to monkey breath's sh*tty attitude it did contain very little in the way of game content I'll give you that but it certainly does not make me scum.

Smash has had active D1's before, so this is sort of false meta, but at the same time... it's a very relevant observation, because normally Smash doesn't contribute to D1, and in this case 90% of the response has nothing to do with the game itself (as I've already pointed out in my response to it).

if you remember the end of last year I was very active day 1 for about the last 5 or so games and I had to fight off these accusations over and over because people don't pay attention. The only times I get very active on day one is when I see game content ratcheting up rather than all the other nonsense we usually see. Or if I'm responding to a specific post . Its funny because last year I even said I was going to make an effort to be more active day 1 and morons still voted me claiming I was being too active ..its actually pretty hilarious.

Vote Count

Ape (4) - Smash, CTM, JiF, Lizzie
Nol (2) - Verb, JC
Verb (1) - Ballin
Smash (1) - 80
Lizzie (1) - Pac
80 (1) - Nyn 
No Lynch (1) - Nol
Ballin (1) - Crushlove
JC (1) - JiF
JiF (1) - Ape

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

If we get to deadline, and nobody believes my case, I'm willing to be the lynch because I believe in my observations and I'm a safe death for town. It's a pragmatic option, not an appeal to emotions.

You really just don't understand the game.

Oh No APE is now going all martyr ...have you no shame you scummy bastard

OMGUS 

I cased and voted you.

I moved my vote to Smash, to entertain his attack.

I connected you two, revisiting my case on you.

You voted me.

I've said I'm willing to vote either of you, and voted you.

There's only one OMGUS move in that whole list... and it was you voting me.

I'm not digging in behind anything and its not making a case against you at all. Just pointing out that you're an Idiot. The response you made to my original post was stupid and rude when all I said was I had a gut feeling ....that's not making a case.... you choose to read WTF you want to read then come back at me with irrelevant bullsh*t.

You can call me stupid all you want but any half wit can go back and read last years games and see I was a hell of a lot more relevant than you will ever be. The only game I actually lost in about the last 7 games was the one I was partnered with you on a scum team.

The only mafia style you possess is to be annoying, then claim you didn't mean to be annoying, you were just pushing the player for reaction, honestly that crap is getting old. Win something for once then toot you're horn. 

Nothing to do with the game. Shut up, you emo twat.

The only mafia style you possess is to be annoying, then claim you didn't mean to be annoying, you were just pushing the player for reaction, honestly that crap is getting old. Win something thing for once then toot you're horn. 

Smash, care to comment on the rest of the game?  We know your feelings on the Ape, both in this game and in past games.  You're not being helpful by bickering.

Oh, goodie... it's tee time.

You're digging in behind one of the worst cases I've ever seen you make, and that is saying something, because you are a calamity in these games. You being alive in endgame situations is a testament to the fact that nobody fears you and you are forgettable. Bickering over track records isn't productive for this game, or situation, so I won't bite on that bit of distraction - but scum ping noted - everyone knows that when you want Ape off the scent of scum, then bait him into an ego-driven argument. That is exactly what everything in BOLD is. So, in essence you have written a 2 sentence rebuttal here and all it has accomplished is highlighting your ignorance, or scumminess.

Let's examine it further: Why would I use the phrase diametric opposition in the context that I'm doing something to oppose the town? That's what you're saying, right? You said something to that effect when you said you "had a feeling". Here's the reality: I was talking specifically to Verbal about something he said. Telling him that I was trying to use his situation to create polarity. Any halfwit could look at the phrase I used, and the context I used it in, and come to this conclusion. The accusation you're making doesn't make any sense at all, not in the context I said it, or in general practice... because, why would a scum player outright say they are doing something anti-town? That's a stupid accusation, by a stupid player.

I regularly look for opportunities to create opposing arguments or black/white choices, and weigh who comes down on each side of the argument. It's how I've always played, and I think it's quite obvious given the meaning of the words I chose, that that's what I was doing. 

Unvote, Vote Smash

I was feeling town for ape until this post. Goading Smash into a meltdown is not pro town, we all know it's an easy thing to do and this is the second time ape did it, this time with a vote for added effect. On the other hand it could be typical Ape OMGUS noobish behavior he's never evolved past

Lazy Ape is scum.

pretty much

False meta.

Not once, as scum, have I ever been "lazy". Furthermore, nothing about what I've done in this game is passable as lazy. I've been forcing interaction, all of my points have been well-communicated and tacit. 

Blew your sh*t up on D1. Worst scum team ever.

Smash, care to comment on the rest of the game?  We know your feelings on the Ape, both in this game and in past games.  You're not being helpful by bickering.

Rest of the game ? After the recent APE posts my vote stays on him.

What else on day one would you like me to post about ?

Vote Count

Ape (4) - Smash, CTM, JiF, Lizzie
Nol (2) - Verb, JC
Verb (1) - Ballin
Smash (1) - 80
Lizzie (1) - Pac
80 (1) - Nyn 
No Lynch (1) - Nol
Ballin (1) - Crushlove
JC (1) - JiF
JiF (1) - Ape

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

Vote Ape

I was feeling town for ape until this post. Goading Smash into a meltdown is not pro town, we all know it's an easy thing to do and this is the second time ape did it, this time with a vote for added effect. On the other hand it could be typical Ape OMGUS noobish behavior he's never evolved past

That's exactly what he did and I tried to return the favor but his OMGUS vote was taken down pretty quickly which IMHO makes him look even more scummy. I'm sure I'll get attacked now and called a moron

This pings. I'm not sure why people were voting Verbal to begin with. He said something stupid as he's known to do, but to me it was clear he was trying to say that targeting the most vocal players is typical here (ape being one of them), even if he actually meant that ape lynches are boring I think it would be more indicative of his dumb brains than his alignment.

That being said, I don't know how Crusher was so hot on Verbal and then cooled down so quickly in the uber townie don't want him at l2 move here. It was literally a few hours. 

Need to finish re read but crusher is where I'm leaning.

I explained that Verbals explanation was good enough for now.  Rather clear.  He was referring to discussing an Ape day 1 lynch being boring.  Sorta like, "Is the Ape dead yet."  I took it as the actually process of getting the Ape lynch on Day 1 being anything but boring because the Ape is a wild filthy animal.  Uber townie mode?  Really?  Please dude.  You are trying too hard.  Verbal was at L2 before most people even made a mark on the game.  never a good idea.  In the mean time I read his defense and accepted it.  You say Uber townie I say just playing mafia. 

Once you have something worth reading I would like to read it as well.

"If you want to lynch me to know that the theory comes from a town voice."

can be interpreted as:

"Trust me guys, I'm willing to die. I must be townie. " Which, because it's a hail-Mary type strategy, can't be interpreted as a test. It's a serious statement.

Also, it serves to potentially reduce the town pool which doesn't help town.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

-LK

When we get to deadline, it goes random. Which introduces the chance of a town power role dying. In order to prove my case observations as legit, and minimize the risk of losing a power role, I've offered to be the lynch. It's pragmatism. Of course it makes no sense to you... you are the dumbest one here.

That's exactly what he did and I tried to return the favor but his OMGUS vote was taken down pretty quickly which IMHO makes him look even more scummy. I'm sure I'll get attacked now and called a moron

Ape has kind of had a meltdown here, not sure what to make of it. Want to see how others react.

Going to unvote temporarily, but i'm more then happy to move back there after seeing others way in

ape is flailing a bit now, which is kind of a tell for him.

Did we catch you as scum again on d1 apey?

eh, I'm disappointed in you... you know I am measured as scum, and this way as town. 

Smash and JIF, and they're setting up the "Ape got himself lynched because he sucks at mafia" defense for after I flip town.

Ape has kind of had a meltdown here, not sure what to make of it. Want to see how others react.

A bit too early in the season for him to be having a "everyone but me sucks at Mafia and I might as well get lynched" type of meltdown for sure.  But I'm leaning towards frustrated town approaching a deadline, nonetheless.  Not willing to place my vote there at this time.

Bullsh*t avoidance.

What exactly are you referring too ? I said right now I feel you to be playing scummy . I don't have much to say about other players and I wont be forced just to simply answer 80's question with no basis. We are getting some nice content and I don't have much else to say about other players on day one. Sorry to dissapoint 

eh, I'm disappointed in you... you know I am measured as scum, and this way as town. 

Smash and JIF, and they're setting up the "Ape got himself lynched because he sucks at mafia" defense for after I flip town.

ehh w/e, I'm in no rush but you're a bit all over the place and already claiming to have id'd 3 scum. Lots of non pro town stuff from you the last few pages

Archived