Eagles fans/media worried about Sanchez

AFJF

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 out of 6 of marks huge playoff games in which he carried the jets to glory he passed for less than 200 yards.  Dominant!

1 out of 1 of Fitz's huge playoff-determining games in which he carried the Jets straight to the grave he passed for 181 yards!   Good enough!

His 10 win season is all that matters. 

And who cares if two of those wins were gift-wrapped by a Tom Coughlin brainfart and a NE coin-flop. 

Tricky weather conditions at Ralph Wilson ruined our run. (Hint: Fitz posted identical crappy numbers against BUF at Metlife).

4 out of 6 of marks huge playoff games in which he carried the jets to glory he passed for less than 200 yards.  Dominant!

hahaha, some people just don't understand this game.  so when we got leads we should have just kept throwing for fun to pad stats?  most times the teams trailing have to throw more.

2009:

at Cincy- was near flawless.  13 of 16 w/ 2 of the incompletions being drops including what would have been a 50 yd TD to Braylon that he dropped in the EZ. 

at SD: made big plays in this game including a 3rd and 4 right before the Greene TD run.  The Greene Td gave us a 10 pt 4th qtr lead and mark never threw again. at that moment Rivers was 19-29, 189 yds.  he finished the game 27-40, 298 yds.  I bet that impressed you?

2009 at Indy: his worst playoff game but his #s were good so surely you were impressed?

2010 at Indy: struggled 1st half, was excellent in 2nd half and led GW drive that set up chip shot to win it at the gun.

2010 at NE: 3 TDs, 0 INTs. immediately answered after Brady pulled NE w/in 3 late 3rd qtr but had less than 200 yds so he must have sucked.  I am sure you would have preferred Brady's 299 yds and the loss, right?

2010 at Pitt: nearly brought us back from 24-0 down.  pulled us w/ in 24-19 but D couldn't keep Pitt from getting 2 1st downs.

Notice anything interesting? the games he had 200+ we LOST b/c we needed to throw.  if you go through playoff history you will usually see that the team trying to come back has more pass yards- not always but usually.

I think the one comment (and excuse) I've heard over the years from Mark's fans that makes me the sickest is that he was "ruined" by the Jets. All they did was give him every opportunity in the world to be successful. And basically the number one thing in terms of opportunity is the chance to play. Many Qbs who were good in college never get even one start. And if they do and don't play well they never get another one. Ask guys like Greg McElroy about that. Because even though Mark was erratic they stuck with him and he got over 60 starts. The Jets wanted him to succeed and to be our franchise Qb. His fans wanted what nobody gets in life: absolute perfect conditions. The best O-line, skill position players, special teams (to give him great field position), coaches, etc. And teammates who are supportive. We all know that during his time here that was not always the case. Some players openly challenged his standing as starting Qb. They got tired of the turnover nonsense. How would you feel if you go down the field and are playing well and your Qb throws a ball carelessly into traffic and is picked off. Nobody ruined Mark it was the exact opposite. 

You mean playing mediocre and leaning on surrounding talent is now a "solid performance"?

Funny, it wasn't called that when Sanchez did it.

Sanchez, statistically, never had the kind of year Fitz had here.  But, we've been down that road before.

I think the one comment (and excuse) I've heard over the years from Mark's fans that makes me the sickest is that he was "ruined" by the Jets. All they did was give him every opportunity in the world to be successful. And basically the number one thing in terms of opportunity is the chance to play. Many Qbs who were good in college never get even one start. And if they do and don't play well they never get another one. Ask guys like Greg McElroy about that. Because even though Mark was erratic they stuck with him and he got over 60 starts. The Jets wanted him to succeed and to be our franchise Qb. His fans wanted what nobody gets in life: absolute perfect conditions. The best O-line, skill position players, special teams (to give him great field position), coaches, etc. And teammates who are supportive. We all know that during his time here that was not always the case. Some players openly challenged his standing as starting Qb. They got tired of the turnover nonsense. How would you feel if you go down the field and are playing well and your Qb throws a ball carelessly into traffic and is picked off. Nobody ruined Mark it was the exact opposite. 

when your top weapons are Chaz Schilens, Clyde gates and Stephen Hill, your OC is Tony Sparano and just for fun let's throw in Tim tebow- how can any QB be expected to succeed?

Sanchez, statistically, never had the kind of year Fitz had here.  But, we've been down that road before.

he also never played in the offense Fitz played in and never had the talent to throw to that Fitz had.  wins are more important than #s.

when your top weapons are Chaz Schilens, Clyde gates and Stephen Hill, your OC is Tony Sparano and just for fun let's throw in Tim tebow- how can any QB be expected to succeed?

You're talking about one season and plenty of Qbs play with below average skill players.  And Sparano is a good coach. Mark's had a lot of OCs how many does he get until he starts playing smart football. You can make all of these excuses for almost any player esp Qbs who don't make it like Leinart, etc. It's called accountability. To me Mark is an NFL Qb but below average. And his worst enemy is himself. Not his coaches or teammates. No one forced him to not read defenses and throw balls (even when he had protection) into traffic and turn the ball over. If he just played smarter, didn't take chances esp in scoring position he'd still be here. Or starting for Philly. 

You're talking about one season and plenty of Qbs play with below average skill players.  And Sparano is a good coach. Mark's had a lot of OCs how many does he get until he starts playing smart football. You can make all of these excuses for almost any player esp Qbs who don't make it like Leinart, etc. It's called accountability. To me Mark is an NFL Qb but below average. And his worst enemy is himself. Not his coaches or teammates. No one forced him to not read defenses and throw balls (even when he had protection) into traffic and turn the ball over. If he just played smarter, didn't take chances esp in scoring position he'd still be here. Or starting for Philly. 

he's only had one bad season, it was that 2012 season.

Every OC Sanchez played under sucked.

More like every OC Sanchez had struggled with Sanchez as his QB.  

Always remember, not one single OC told Mark to look off WRs, to not throw into double or triple coverage and to not take crazy risks when youre in the red zone.  If they did, Mark would be almost as good as some actually believe

Shotty should have been given the medal of valor for getting the jets to two straight afc title games with a rookie and then 2nd year, very inaccurate, very immature Qb who turned the ball over often and had zero pocket presence.  It's always laughable that Sanchez gets credit for 'taking' the jets to the title games , rex gets credit for taking to the team to title games (in which both years his prize defense cost a chance at the super bowl) and shotty only ever got kicked in the nuts.

Shotty should have been given the medal of valor for getting the jets to two straight afc title games with a rookie and then 2nd year, very inaccurate, very immature Qb who turned the ball over often and had zero pocket presence.  It's always laughable that Sanchez gets credit for 'taking' the jets to the title games , rex gets credit for taking to the team to title games (in which both years his prize defense cost a chance at the super bowl) and shotty only ever got kicked in the nuts.

he doesn't get credit for "taking us", he gets credit(not as much as he should) for helping us reach 2 title games and Brian deserves credit too.  he has also been unfairly bashed just like Mark.

True, and you lost because 10 wins and a puff of smoke doesn't compare to 11 wins and taking out Peyton and Brady on the road to the AFCCG.

Except I acknowledged that when defining QB play purely by who went further, then yes, Sanchez had more success.  When you consider other factors, it's more of a conversation, but not one you want to have.

But, we've been down that road before, so all I can conclude is that for whatever reason, your ego needs this "win," so it's all yours!

you have his O's #s from Boston University in the 80s?  that's the last time he was an OC.

Then why arent you all over the post that he sucked as an OC?  Historically bad OC

Of course he also had no input into the offense in Miami.

Hows this, the only shltty offense hes been a part of was with Sanchez and the Jets.

Then why arent you all over the post that he sucked as an OC?  Historically bad OC

Of course he also had no input into the offense in Miami.

Hows this, the only shltty offense hes been a part of was with Sanchez and the Jets.

the offense in Miami wasn't good outside of the year he had Chad Pennington and they caught the league offguard w/ the wildcat.

I don't bash Tony as an OC, he also was in an impossible spot but he isn't known to be an offensive guru.

his last full season in Miami they were 30th in scoring(17.1 PPG), his season w. NYJ they were 28th(17.6) and the offense in 2010 had Brandon Marshall in Miami, we had Chaz Schilens.  The oak offenses weren't good, SF wasn't good this year.  basically everywhere he has been outside of a 2 yr stretch in Dallas he has been a part of bad offenses.

the offense in Miami wasn't good outside of the year he had Chad Pennington and they caught the league offguard w/ the wildcat.

I don't bash Tony as an OC, he also was in an impossible spot but he isn't known to be an offensive guru.

his last full season in Miami they were 30th in scoring(17.1 PPG), his season w. NYJ they were 28th(17.6) and the offense in 2010 had Brandon Marshall in Miami, we had Chaz Schilens.  The oak offenses weren't good, SF wasn't good this year.  basically everywhere he has been outside of a 2 yr stretch in Dallas he has been a part of bad offenses.

2012 Jets was Sparano's first and last OC job.

Remember, Jets scored 0 TDs all preseason until McElroy's 6 yard toss to Ganaway in Game 4. 

Something was obviously wrong from the start and Sparano was the new ingredient. Coincidence?

2012 Jets was Sparano's first and last OC job.

Remember, Jets scored 0 TDs all preseason until McElroy's 6 yard toss to Ganaway in Game 4. 

Something was obviously wrong from the start and Sparano was the new ingredient. Coincidence?

I can't blame Tony, we did come out and score a ton week 1.  after holmes went down and keller was hurt most of the year we had no depth and no weapons.  he didn't really have a chance.

I can't blame Tony, we did come out and score a ton week 1.  after holmes went down and keller was hurt most of the year we had no depth and no weapons.  he didn't really have a chance.

That's true. Sanchez blew out Ryan Fitzpatrick who threw 3 picks that game ... lol.

But Jets were 3-5 on a two game skid before the BYE and lost again after the BYE. The offense died. They had 1 offensive TD in two games.

Archived