Eagles fans/media worried about Sanchez

AFJF

I don't think it's all that matters but it's an important tool for a QB to have, and if you don't have a strong enough arm to make all the throws you better be accurate enough to make up for it and that's where my beef is. This is a guy who's 29th in the league in completion % and not able to make the deep throws so the gameplan becomes very limited. I credit gailey and a big pair of WR for the offensive production way more than the QB here. Yes Sanchez was worse, but he was young, raw, and a work in progress. With Sanchez we could at least have hopes that he would develop into something since he did have flashes of talent, and was able to win some big games in hostile environments. With fitz, we've likely seen the best he has to offer and frankly it's just not good enough to win with

I think we'll find out next season.  Bowles has said it's Fitz's job again and there's no way they don't get him a legit 3rd option to throw to.  Could already be on the roster if Enunwa and/or Amaro develop.  Not sure Devin Smith saw enough of the field to make a big leap but we'll see.

Fair points on your part but as I've said before, at his worst, Fitz has never been as bad as Sanchez....same as with Geno IMO.  Geno has a higher ceiling but a MUCH, MUCH lower floor.

I enjoyed consistency at QB for the first time in forever.

I still think Sanchez could be a solid QB, but I'd never say he wasn't carried to the post season by his running game and defense.  On any other team, 12 TD's and 20 INT's with a 55% comp pct and you're in the basement instead of the playoffs.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does every discussion go down the same derelict road with you?

Apparently, you are clueless and can't follow your own words.

Do you ever read what you write, the mindless bosh you put on these boards?

Surprised you weren't banned a long time ago.

Amazingly you missed the point by as wide a margin as humanly possible.  And readily admit that youre not smart enough to follow along.  Why dont you just go back to calling me and others names for not agreeing with your points.  

Enough, you're all alone now.  Enjoy

I think we'll find out next season.  Bowles has said it's Fitz's job again and there's no way they don't get him a legit 3rd option to throw to.  Could already be on the roster if Enunwa and/or Amaro develop.  Not sure Devin Smith saw enough of the field to make a big leap but we'll see.

Fair points on your part but as I've said before, at his worst, Fitz has never been as bad as Sanchez....same as with Geno IMO.  Geno has a higher ceiling but a MUCH, MUCH lower floor.

I still think Sanchez could be a solid QB, but I'd never say he wasn't carried to the post season by his running game and defense.  On any other team, 12 TD's and 20 INT's with a 55% comp pct and you're in the basement instead of the playoffs.

fitz is fine for another year if we can't find a better QB, just keep adding talent and building the team so when we do find our guy we'll be in a position to start winning. Really Sanchez had no business starting his first year and I think he got thrown to the wolves too quickly, Pete Carroll was spot on when he said Sanchez should stay another year at USC 

Amazingly you missed the point by as wide a margin as humanly possible.  And readily admit that youre not smart enough to follow along.  Why dont you just go back to calling me and others names for not agreeing with your points.  

Enough, you're all alone now.  Enjoy

YOU missed the point just as I expected. You accused me of "calling everyone names." Go back and read your words when (if) you're sober.

I quoted you and pointed out your hypocrisy. No where did I imply those names were directed at me, in fact, only 2 of 5 were. 

"sh*thead fans" referred to Colgateman; it wasn't a generalization. Another failure by you to process your own words. 

You need professional help. Stop wasting my time. 

Axl-Rose-angry.thumb.jpg.c11e33c53948efe

What happened on the play before that? 

You never answered ... ???

Not much point in answering since you incorrectly answered my question.

I'll stick to interacting with the grown ups.

Fitz has yet to match Sanchez's best.

Fitzpatrick is a great regular season quarterback but not good in January.  Sanchez was a lousy regular season quarterback and money in January.

Let's invent the concept of the Relief Quarterback.  Let's let Fitzpatrick get us to 9-5, then start Sanchez to get us into the playoffs and to the AFC Championship Game.  From there, Bowles will get us to the dance by not being Rex Ryan.  Cool?

SAR I

Fitzpatrick is a great regular season quarterback but not good in January.  Sanchez was a lousy regular season quarterback and money in January.

Let's invent the concept of the Relief Quarterback.  Let's let Fitzpatrick get us to 9-5, then start Sanchez to get us into the playoffs and to the AFC Championship Game.  From there, Bowles will get us to the dance by not being Rex Ryan.  Cool?

SAR I

Of all the things I have read you write this is the first time I have worried about you. 

Of all the things I have read you write this is the first time I have worried about you. 

Joking aside, I did think about this in 2002 where Testaverde had a penchant for late-game heroics when Pennington was usually turning to mush. 

Peyton Manning would make a fantastic relief quarterback next year.  Too old and frail to stand the rigors of a 19 game season, but rest him behind Fitzpatrick or Dalton, let him start big games against the Patriots, and give him the ball in the playoffs, you're in better shape than what you've got otherwise.  Some QB's are meant for playoff pressure, some aren't.

SAR I

Joking aside, I did think about this in 2002 where Testaverde had a penchant for late-game heroics when Pennington was usually turning to mush. 

Peyton Manning would make a fantastic relief quarterback next year.  Too old and frail to stand the rigors of a 19 game season, but rest him behind Fitzpatrick or Dalton, let him start big games against the Patriots, and give him the ball in the playoffs, you're in better shape than what you've got otherwise.  Some QB's are meant for playoff pressure, some aren't.

SAR I

I wasn't joking. I'm really worried about you.  Peyton stinks in the post season Mark Sanchez has a bett..... Oh hell, now I'm worried about me too.

Not much point in answering since you incorrectly answered my question.

I'll stick to interacting with the grown ups.

Don't waist your time with thie one.  He cant stick to a subject or point.  

Then will eventually call you a child, idiot, stupid.....what ever works

4 out of 6 of marks huge playoff games in which he carried the jets to glory he passed for less than 200 yards.  Dominant!

But each and every one of those yards were hard fought and clutch. 

Mark was the definition of a game manager.  Throw a pass once in a while to help the running game

Lmao this guy Jet nut is such a hypocrite, how are you gonna throw out a bunch of insults and then say someone else is insulting you lmao

LMAO at the guy with multiple accounts calling someone a hypocrite. What, back your own posts up, have conversation with yourself?

But each and every one of those yards were hard fought and clutch. 

Mark was the definition of a game manager.  Throw a pass once in a while to help the running game

the problem with Sanchez is that he's actually a gunslinger who's best rolling out of the pocket and throwing on the run, but the jets tried their hardest to turn him into a pocket passer. His development was completely dysfunctional, not to mention this was before the rookie salary cap so the money killed us too

the problem with Sanchez is that he's actually a gunslinger who's best rolling out of the pocket and throwing on the run, but the jets tried their hardest to turn him into a pocket passer. His development was completely dysfunctional, not to mention this was before the rookie salary cap so the money killed us too

One think Sanchez has never been accused of or proven himself to be is a gunslinger.

And nothing in his resume suggests that anyone ruined him other than himself.  You know sometimes guys just dont make it.  Almost all top 5 QBs dont make it.  They dont need help failing

One think Sanchez has never been accused of or proven himself to be is a gunslinger.

And nothing in his resume suggests that anyone ruined him other than himself.  You know sometimes guys just dont make it.  Almost all top 5 QBs dont make it.  They dont need help failing

you never watched him at USC? before the draft people were comparing him to aaron rodgers 

you never watched him at USC? before the draft people were comparing him to aaron rodgers 

You ever watch Matt Leinart?  Sam Bradford?  Vince Young?  JaMarcus Russell?  All these guys were "the next big thing".  

Truth is that NFL comparisons based off of college success do not mean a thing in the NFL

Back-ups that were in because they were resting starters?  None actually.  I don't even think there were many back-ups for either team in the game.  The only back-ups brought in were to replace injured players. Nevermind the fact that they actually had their starting QB and star WR in.

That game is over from the first snap if EJ Manuel starts over Tyrod. 

whether resting or backups, we faced a shell of a team and we didn't even show up.

You state "I don't care what anyone else has done" and yet I'm the one who ignores context.  You do realize that best, better, worse, worst, mediocre, and even terms like good, great, bad, and awful are all comparative terms.

You're ignoring context and comparison and basically the statements you're making are about performance vs. what you want performance to be.  In the running game issue, like it or not, the Jets had one of the leagues top running games that year.  Was it a top running game in league history?  No.  Was it amazing?  Probably not.  But, it was still one of the leagues best that year.  If you try to dismiss it with all the qualifiers you've added, you should do that to all teams.  Because, they weren't the only team to benefit from garbage time TDs, etc.

So, in sum, ranking stats are actually just about the definition of context, and literally nothing you've provided actually involves any context save for a comparison to what you think the performance should be.

You are ignoring reality and  just posting out of context #s.

grossman got to a super bowl, honestly that's more than Sanchez has done in his career. They are a pretty good comparison in my eyes

Grossman won 2 HOME playoff games, Chi had a GREAT D(much better than our overrated Ds), the #2 seed in the NFC won 10 games(in 2010 we were the 6 seed and won 11).  Grossman never again helped Chi get to postseason and never won another postseason game and never won a road postseason game.

Let's assume this is true.  It still speaks to the problem of Mark Sanchez.  Yes, he had a reasonable upside based on his athletic ability.  I don't think anyone is denying that.  Probably the biggest problems (though not the only) were that he never learned from his mistakes and he never improved in protecting the football.  In general, when you send Sanchez out as your QB, you have to expect that you're going to be in the top quarter of the league in turnovers.  That's the player he is and that's what you consistently got.  Unfortunately with Sanchez, you didn't have a guy like Favre or Eli Manning who could overcome a good amount of turnovers with great arm talent.

That's why many prefer Fitzpatrick.  While he may not be able to reach Mark's upside, he also doesn't nearly reach Sanchez's downside.  The only time Fitz really became a turnover machine is when he was needed to win games exclusively with his arm.  He's not capable of doing that.  He could deliver a solid performance and that was good enough to win with the tools around him 10 times this season.  Sanchez certainly could do more with his arm, but he also could do far, far less.

Let's assume this is true.  It still speaks to the problem of Mark Sanchez.  Yes, he had a reasonable upside based on his athletic ability.  I don't think anyone is denying that.  Probably the biggest problems (though not the only) were that he never learned from his mistakes and he never improved in protecting the football.  In general, when you send Sanchez out as your QB, you have to expect that you're going to be in the top quarter of the league in turnovers.  That's the player he is and that's what you consistently got.  Unfortunately with Sanchez, you didn't have a guy like Favre or Eli Manning who could overcome a good amount of turnovers with great arm talent.

That's why many prefer Fitzpatrick.  While he may not be able to reach Mark's upside, he also doesn't nearly reach Sanchez's downside.  The only time Fitz really became a turnover machine is when he was needed to win games exclusively with his arm.  He's not capable of doing that.  He could deliver a solid performance and that was good enough to win with the tools around him 10 times this season.  Sanchez certainly could do more with his arm, but he also could do far, far less.

Fitz has been a TO machine his entire career until this year- until this year in the biggest game I should say.

You mean playing mediocre and leaning on surrounding talent is now a "solid performance"?

Funny, it wasn't called that when Sanchez did it.

Archived