Eagles fans/media worried about Sanchez

AFJF

Isn't it amazing?

you may go on a fluky run one year but 2 straight years?  No and it's like Rex grossman in Chicago who did make a SB but they had a bye and the NFC was incredibly weak then they'd never get close again w/ him.  we had to go on the road all 6 games, won 4 of them and had chances in the other 2.

They're drunk on hatred and self-induced amnesia. It's actually painful trying to reason with them.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez took out Peyton and Brady - at Indy and Foxboro - in the postseason. But none of that means anything.

Fitz couldn't beat Tyrod Taylor in reg season to reach the first playoff game of his 11-yr career, but that's worth celebrating. 

Just curious, who would you want to have as your starting QB, Tony Romo or Colin Kaepernick? 

is there a choice for neither?

Well my point being is that Kaepernick is similar to Sanchez in a way. He took his team to the NFC Championship game twice (once to the Super Bowl). The team around him had a great OL, strong defense and a very good running game. Yet after his talent disappeared, he fell out of favor in San Fran and was benched. Now he will most likely be coached by Chip Kelly. 

I think most people would say Romo even though Kaepernick has accomplished more in his career thus far.

FYI I appreciate Sanchez and what he did for the Jets. At the same time, I don't think he is a very good QB anymore.  

Just curious, who would you want to have as your starting QB, Tony Romo or Colin Kaepernick? 

I was just typing and about to mention Kaepernick.

I think Mark needed BSchott like Kaepernick needed Harbaugh. 

Instead, Sanchez got saddled with the Sparano-Tebow fiasco. At that point, Mark looked like he'd given up and was going through the motions, glancing at the clock, hoping it would end. 

Then Mornhinweg came aboard and was just as clueless as Sparano and couldn't choose a starter until Mark's injury decided for him. 

Romo has unique skills but can't stay healthy. He's also a major choke artist.

Kaepernick demo'd very special talent when he took Smith's job but something went wrong. He's probably the better project though.

so to recap, Jet fans praises Fitz for blowing our season b/c he out up good fantasy #s w/ best skill talent we have had since the 80s and bashes Sanchez despite him helping us win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games.  Only Jet fans.

To recap, youre still a troll

The most hilarious part about that comeback was we were losing to a Houston Texans team that had a historically bad secondary and were coming off of a last second loss to the David Garrard Jaguars.
Wet Nutz and Mootlez. Lmao. Stay mad d*ckrider.

Such a historic game from so many perspectives ... Jets blew a 20-7 lead to get behind in the first place. 

But the real Hall of Fame moments where when the 2 biggest wasted draft picks of the new millennium, V. Gholston and Kyle Wilson each recorded an assist on a tackle as their only record-able moment in the game .. maybe the season 

I was just typing and about to mention Kaepernick.

I think Mark needed BSchott like Kaepernick needed Harbaugh. 

Instead, Sanchez got saddled with the Sparano-Tebow fiasco. At that point, Mark looked like he'd given up and was going through the motions, glancing at the clock, hoping it would end. 

Then Mornhinweg came aboard and was just as clueless as Sparano and couldn't choose a starter until Mark's injury decided for him. 

Romo has unique skills but can't stay healthy. He's also a major choke artist.

Kaepernick demo'd very special talent when he took Smith's job but something went wrong. He's probably the better project though.

JMO the last thing Mark needed was Schotty. His career would have turned out a lot better if we sat him his first year and gave him someone like Hue Jackson, who IIRC Rex was interested in hiring. 

It's possible to play poorly and win a few, but you can't fake it all the way to the AFCC ... TWICE in a row.

He had to make a lot of plays and he certainly did. It's all on film, you're spinning your wheels for nothing.

Youre easily confused.  Going for the ride, being told not to shlt it up, to just do the minimum to not lose isnt the same as playing poorly.

The poorly played games mostly wound up as a loss.

He made as few plays as humanly possible.  Its all on film, explain how much he did in SD when he threw for all of 100 yards.  Tell me how he made a lot of plays that day.  In the good old days when he Shotty.  Wow

and no QB ran his offense better than Mark.  Bradford is a tease, he has everything you want in a QB but cannot put it together.  he tried to upgrade and it backfired.

The only year I blame any of his struggles on anyone other than Mark was 2012 when he had worst skill players in the league around him.  he had no chance to succeed that year.

If so why didn't Chip start him. 

Well my point being is that Kaepernick is similar to Sanchez in a way. He took his team to the NFC Championship game twice (once to the Super Bowl). The team around him had a great OL, strong defense and a very good running game. Yet after his talent disappeared, he fell out of favor in San Fran and was benched. Now he will most likely be coached by Chip Kelly. 

I think most people would say Romo even though Kaepernick has accomplished more in his career thus far.

FYI I appreciate Sanchez and what he did for the Jets. At the same time, I don't think he is a very good QB anymore.  

I wouldn't give up on keep and I am not saying Mark is a great QB but can we show a little appreciation for what he did here?  we haven't been fortunate to have a Brady or Manning type in our history so we need to take small wins when we can get them.

Youre easily confused.  Going for the ride, being told not to shlt it up, to just do the minimum to not lose isnt the same as playing poorly.

The poorly played games mostly wound up as a loss.

He made as few plays as humanly possible.  Its all on film, explain how much he did in SD when he threw for all of 100 yards.  Tell me how he made a lot of plays that day.  In the good old days when he Shotty.  Wow

the fact that you would post this shows how little you know.  he was the better QB that day in SD but b/c his #s weren't great and he didn't put up big fantasy 3s fans think he did nothing.  we got a double digit lead and tried to run out the clock so he didn't have to pass anymore.  Rivers kept throwing and added to his stats so that impresses you.  I'll take the guy making winning plays vs. the guy making losing plays and accumulating better #s.

He had 3 huge 3rd downs, one was a big 3rd down completion to Cotchery which didn't end in points but it eventually set us up in better punting position and our P pinned SD inside their 5 then Rivers made the big mistake- a play forgotten by most fans who just look at #s.  another huge play was the 3rd down and G when he scrambled, buying time and made a GREAT throw to Keller for the TD.  we settle for 3 there and that game completely changes but it wasn't an 80 yd TD so the average fan doesn't notice.

JMO the last thing Mark needed was Schotty. His career would have turned out a lot better if we sat him his first year and gave him someone like Hue Jackson, who IIRC Rex was interested in hiring. 

the reality is mark's Jet career went downhill when we got rid of Schotty. 

The most hilarious part about that comeback was we were losing to a Houston Texans team that had a historically bad secondary and were coming off of a last second loss to the David Garrard Jaguars.
Wet Nutz and Mootlez. Lmao. Stay mad d*ckrider.

You are confusing years and games.  the Houston game we LED 23-7 in the 4th qtr, our supposed elite D blew it and mark led one of greatest drives in jets history to win it.

The Jags game was the year before when Mark and the O gave the D a late lead and they blew it.

Such a historic game from so many perspectives ... Jets blew a 20-7 lead to get behind in the first place. 

But the real Hall of Fame moments where when the 2 biggest wasted draft picks of the new millennium, V. Gholston and Kyle Wilson each recorded an assist on a tackle as their only record-able moment in the game .. maybe the season 

they blew a 23-7 lead, game should never have been close but thankfully mark led one of greatest drives in jet history to save us.

I don't know, why was Chip fired?

I don't know good question. Many people in the NFL including Belichick thinks he's a smart coach and a real good offensive mind.  Chip thought Foles and Bradford could run his offense better than Mark. And he got a new job pretty fast. As for Schotty: Mark's fans always blamed him for Mark's inadequacies. 

I don't know good question. Many people in the NFL including Belichick thinks he's a smart coach and a real good offensive mind.  Chip thought Foles and Bradford could run his offense better than Mark. And he got a new job pretty fast. As for Schotty: Mark's fans always blamed him for Mark's inadequacies. 

Mark ran his offense at peak efficiency, none of those guys ran it better.  that's why he is in SF.

Pure coincidence, his talent significantly dropped too. There's a reason why Schotty is now a QB coach. He was an average/sub par OC. 

it was a little coincidental but he was improving under Brian.  Brian did a good job here for us considering the constant change at QB.

He got fired because the owner is a wimp and sided with players who didn't like him after he made changes and got rid of big contract guys like McCoy. Mark did not run that offense good enough to win games after Foles led them to a 6-2 and he wasn't that good. Mark was average at best and although he led drives turned the ball over (as usual). If Mark was better than Bradford he would have started. 

the O was operating at its highest efficiency levels when mark took over after Foles went down.  yes they were 5-2 w/ Foles and 5-4 w/ Mark but they only played one playoff bound team w/ Foles while w/ Mark they played 5 games against playoff bound teams including the 2 teams that would play in the NFC Championship and yet despite that the O averaged almost a TD more per game.

the fact that you would post this shows how little you know.  he was the better QB that day in SD but b/c his #s weren't great and he didn't put up big fantasy 3s fans think he did nothing.  we got a double digit lead and tried to run out the clock so he didn't have to pass anymore.  Rivers kept throwing and added to his stats so that impresses you.  I'll take the guy making winning plays vs. the guy making losing plays and accumulating better #s.

He had 3 huge 3rd downs, one was a big 3rd down completion to Cotchery which didn't end in points but it eventually set us up in better punting position and our P pinned SD inside their 5 then Rivers made the big mistake- a play forgotten by most fans who just look at #s.  another huge play was the 3rd down and G when he scrambled, buying time and made a GREAT throw to Keller for the TD.  we settle for 3 there and that game completely changes but it wasn't an 80 yd TD so the average fan doesn't notice.

What is your mental problem?  I told you to not write to me, you tell me I'm not smart enough, too dumb, clueless etc then cry when I tell you what you really are.  How little I know?  Sanchez did nothing SD, I dont give a damn how you slice it, he didnt come close to playing the way a NFL QB should play

I dont give a shlt that you love mark sanchez.  I really dont think you can get it through your thick skull that 90+% here and I think he sucks and is a total waste.  You on the other hand will continue, day after day, after day spew pointless number to try and convince all of us that what our eyes saw just wasnt what happened.  You will twist, turn and spin numbers until that shltty game almost loses its stink.  STFU already.

You are confusing years and games.  the Houston game we LED 23-7 in the 4th qtr, our supposed elite D blew it and mark led one of greatest drives in jets history to win it.

The Jags game was the year before when Mark and the O gave the D a late lead and they blew it.

No, you're the one confusing years.  What I meant was that Houston was coming off a last second loss on a Hail Mary to the Jags. I was using it to exemplify how f*cking awful their secondary was. Before "one of the greatest drives evarrrrr" everyone here forgets that Mark fumbled on the previous drive making everyone assume that we were going to lose.

it was a little coincidental but he was improving under Brian.  Brian did a good job here for us considering the constant change at QB.

That's it. I'm done. Schotty was good here?  Right.

You're absolutely delusional. No wonder they made fun of you at Finheaven all the time.

What is your mental problem?  I told you to not write to me, you tell me I'm not smart enough, too dumb, clueless etc then cry when I tell you what you really are.  How little I know?  Sanchez did nothing SD, I dont give a damn how you slice it, he didnt come close to playing the way a NFL QB should play

I dont give a shlt that you love mark sanchez.  I really dont think you can get it through your thick skull that 90+% here and I think he sucks and is a total waste.  You on the other hand will continue, day after day, after day spew pointless number to try and convince all of us that what our eyes saw just wasnt what happened.  You will twist, turn and spin numbers until that shltty game almost loses its stink.  STFU already.

you are clueless, I am trying to help you. 

Mark was 4-4 for the Eagles in 2014 not 5-4. Because the starting Qb gets credit for the W. He had 14 TD passes and 11 picks. This is ok not outstanding. 

4-4 actual record, realistically he was 5-4.  he came into the Texan game w/ the score tied 7-7.

No, you're the one confusing years.  What I meant was that Houston was coming off a last second loss on a Hail Mary to the Jags. I was using it to exemplify how f*cking awful their secondary was. Before "one of the greatest drives evarrrrr" everyone here forgets that Mark fumbled on the previous drive making everyone assume that we were going to lose.

whatever, it's mark's fault the D blew a 23-7 4th qtr lead? I don't care if Houston was playing pee wee players, that drive was incredible.

That's it. I'm done. Schotty was good here?  Right.

You're absolutely delusional. No wonder they made fun of you at Finheaven all the time.

I deal in reality, you clearly do not.  he never had any QB stability.

2006: Chad off of TWO rotator cuff surgeries

2007: Kellen Clemens started most of the games

2008: got Favre a month before the season

2009: rookie Sanchez

what did you expect him to do w/ this?  Mark year 2 was much better than year 1, in year 3 they were 10 or 11 in pts scored w/o top 10 talent.  you just like to bash people.

I ask this all the time.  If Mark Sanchez sucked, rex Ryan sucked, Brian Schottenheimer sucked, Mike Tannenbaum sucked how the heck did we make back to back title games?

4-4 actual record, realistically he was 5-4.  he came into the Texan game w/ the score tied 7-7.

Mark didn't beat anyone of consequence. He beat the Giants after they lost 3 in a row which basically knocked them out of the playoffs. He beat Dallas, the Titans, Carolina (7-8-1 in 2014) and the NYG. He was adequate but not   terrible.

whatever, it's mark's fault the D blew a 23-7 4th qtr lead? I don't care if Houston was playing pee wee players, that drive was incredible.

I deal in reality, you clearly do not.  he never had any QB stability.

2006: Chad off of TWO rotator cuff surgeries

2007: Kellen Clemens started most of the games

2008: got Favre a month before the season

2009: rookie Sanchez

what did you expect him to do w/ this?  Mark year 2 was much better than year 1, in year 3 they were 10 or 11 in pts scored w/o top 10 talent.  you just like to bash people.

I ask this all the time.  If Mark Sanchez sucked, rex Ryan sucked, Brian Schottenheimer sucked, Mike Tannenbaum sucked how the heck did we make back to back title games?

I think people exaggerate when they say Sanchez, Ryan, Schotty, etc. suck. They all had their moments of genius and gave us a fun time.

However, players, coaches, GMs, can have moments that last a game, a few games, a season or even a few seasons. 2009 and 2010 were awesome, but everything after that was subpar-awful. The butt fumble, the poor drafts, being a labeled a circus...that's what people remember from the final years. It's not so much how you start, but how you finish. 

For me, I think they are all average-sub par at their respected positions. It's cool to look at individual accomplishments and they deserve the one's they get, but the overall picture is more important. Rex is below .500 as a head coach, Schotty is now a QB coach after being OC for two different teams (fired from both), Sanchez is a back up and Tanny was out of the league for a bit. We'll see what the future brings for them. 

Mark didn't beat anyone of consequence. He beat the Giants after they lost 3 in a row which basically knocked them out of the playoffs. He beat Dallas, the Titans, Carolina (7-8-1 in 2014) and the NYG. He was adequate but not   terrible.

throw the giant game away as they were eliminated.  Dallas was a big win, Carolina was close to getting on that great run so that was a big win.  he did a good job, their D was atrocious. 

I think people exaggerate when they say Sanchez, Ryan, Schotty, etc. suck. They all had their moments of genius and gave us a fun time.

However, players, coaches, GMs, can have moments that last a game, a few games, a season or even a few seasons. 2009 and 2010 were awesome, but everything after that was subpar-awful. The butt fumble, the poor drafts, being a labeled a circus...that's what people remember from the final years. It's not so much how you start, but how you finish. 

For me, I think they are all average-sub par at their respected positions. It's cool to look at individual accomplishments and they deserve the one's they get, but the overall picture is more important. Rex is below .500 as a head coach, Schotty is now a QB coach after being OC for two different teams (fired from both), Sanchez is a back up and Tanny was out of the league for a bit. We'll see what the future brings for them. 

Schotty wasn't fired from either, at least not officially.  Rex will be fine, he's has only 2 seasons in 7 below .500.  they all did a good job for our team so I appreciate them.  doesn't mean I want to build statues but I don't see the need to bash them at every turn.

You have to give Mark credit for going to a new team after being out for a year due to injury going in and learning a new and a very challenging  style of offense and starting 8 games and performing as well as he did. But he wasn't outstanding he was adequate. And most people in the NFL consider him to be on a lower level than Bradford. 

Those are all two-way toggle switch arguments.

1 & 2. If Fitz played a HUGE part in the loss, how was he FAR from the only reason? He was the MAIN reason we lost. Truth.

3. LOL ... maybe he should've shown up for HOU and BUF earlier. He still laid a turd when given the biggest opportunity after everything fell in place. That almost never happens. 

4. Mark's 9-7 and 11-5 trips to the AFCC were improvements to celebrate but feel free to contradict yourself.

5. It's all on film - the good, the bad, the ugly - and Mark won games with throws Fitz doesn't have the arm for.

6. LMAO ... Mark rolled out of bed an NFL starter straight from college. This season was Fitz's 11th year in the pros. He wasn't ready for it? Hahaha ...

7. Mark already surpassed him 7 years ago.

1 & 2. Because, and I know this may be tough for you wrap your hollow head around, an entire team can just have a sh*tty game. You don't have to blame one person

3. Again, may be hard for you to grasp, but maybe just maybe we weren't going 16-0 this year.  Just so we're clear, Fitzpatrick up until after Houston game was so far up my sh*t list that I was ready for just about anyone and anything to replace him.

4. I never said they weren't. You keep putting words in my mouth. Not to mention that they weren't MARK'S trips, they were the team, particularly the defense. Sanchez was along for the ride. You and Junc can keep deluding yourselves into believing that he was the sole, or even primary, reason we made it that far though.

5. I don't give a rats ass about arm strength for certain throws. Fitzpatrick threw 31 f*cking TDs because he actually has a brain, something Mark never had.

6. He was a starter in title only. His play was garbage for starter standards 

7. Lmfao. No. He didnt.

You have absolutely no clue about this sport.  I'm done here.

1 & 2. Because, and I know this may be tough for you wrap your hollow head around, an entire team can just have a sh*tty game. You don't have to blame one person

3. Again, may be hard for you to grasp, but maybe just maybe we weren't going 16-0 this year.  Just so we're clear, Fitzpatrick up until after Houston game was so far up my sh*t list that I was ready for just about anyone and anything to replace him.

4. I never said they weren't. You keep putting words in my mouth. Not to mention that they weren't MARK'S trips, they were the team, particularly the defense. Sanchez was along for the ride. You and Junc can keep deluding yourselves into believing that he was the sole, or even primary, reason we made it that far though.

5. I don't give a rats ass about arm strength for certain throws. Fitzpatrick threw 31 f*cking TDs because he actually has a brain, something Mark never had.

6. He was a starter in title only. His play was garbage for starter standards 

7. Lmfao. No. He didnt.

You have absolutely no clue about this sport.  I'm done here.

where did any of us say he was the sole or primary reason we made those title games? I love when people just make things up.

Fitz threw 31 TDs b/c he had Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker making acrobatic catches every week.

Archived