Eagles fans/media worried about Sanchez

AFJF

you get my 10.000th post on this board bro ... and it is... I can't .. in my wildest hallucination ... come up with a response to that 

we don't have to agree.  I watched Chad P take a team half as talented from 1 win to 11 wins and I watched Favre throw away our season.  this was a guy week 2 on the phone helping out detroit to prepare for GB rather than working to help the Jets and he played like it being outplayed by matt Cassell in his first start.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pederson runs that dinky KC offense, Sanchez can do that pretty well. It's when he's asked to go downfield that the horror show begins. Sam Bradford is possibly the worst QB I've ever seen.

And yet hes better than Sanchez.  Thats scary

except that he's not.

You should have told Chip, he doesnt agree with you after watching Sanchez 2 years in games and practices.  

Bradford in 14 games after missing 2 seasons had a better year than Sanchez ever had.  But hey, that doesnt mean much.  Sanchez went for a ride on 2 playoff teams.  I know.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....DEFEND

You should have told Chip, he doesnt agree with you after watching Sanchez 2 years in games and practices.  

Bradford in 14 games after missing 2 seasons had a better year than Sanchez ever had.  But hey, that doesnt mean much.  Sanchez went for a ride on 2 playoff teams.  I know.

bradford certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as mark was in 2014.  there's a reason Chip was fired.

I wouldn't say so, to be honest. Bradford plays the game with absolutely zero guts. At least Sanchez, in between interceptions, will compete.

The kiss of death was you drafting him with the first pick of the 6th round in our fantasy league.

I believe your exact words after taking him were "If Bradford stays on his feet, I win the league."

I wouldn't say so, to be honest. Bradford plays the game with absolutely zero guts. At least Sanchez, in between interceptions, will compete.

LOL. 

I don't know about playing without guts.  He ran that Kelly offense, turned him into a RB and opened him up to lots of hits and did it without a complaint.  I thought he sucked before last season, was impressed with a lot of what he did in Philly, thought he was a lot better than I expected.  

sanchez is a nice back-up, can maybe win you a game or 2 in a pinch, but not the guy you go into camp with as your #1

Pretty much nails it.  He is better than a few starters (Hoyer) but it's really not saying much.

I'm sure he's even a decent guy...just a bad NFL QB.

He sure has if he's looking for $26 mil...I figured he'd be in the $16 mil area which is what he may get ultimately...but $25 mil?  I don't like Chip, but I can't blame him on this one.

After seeing how sh*t Bradford was this year, $16 mil would be a dream come true. I wouldn't even pay him 10 a year. 

After seeing how sh*t Bradford was this year, $16 mil would be a dream come true. I wouldn't even pay him 10 a year. 

He was pretty bad early on but you can't ignore that fact that not only was he in a brand new offense, but he hadn't played a whole lot in nearly two seasons.  He had a strong second half so somebody will pay him well.

He was pretty bad early on but you can't ignore that fact that not only was he in a brand new offense, but he hadn't played a whole lot in nearly two seasons.  He had a strong second half so somebody will pay him well.

Thought he looked a little confused initially, agree, he came around and was playing really well until he was injured.  But thats the problem with Kellys offense.  

Thought he looked a little confused initially, agree, he came around and was playing really well until he was injured.  But thats the problem with Kellys offense.  

At least in SF he has Kaep AND Gabbert he can get killed out there in the Bay Area.

I wonder if more Niner defensive players will retire en masse when they realize they'll be on the field 45 of the 60 minutes every game for 16 weeks.

At least in SF he has Kaep AND Gabbert he can get killed out there in the Bay Area.

I wonder if more Niner defensive players will retire en masse when they realize they'll be on the field 45 of the 60 minutes every game for 16 weeks.

Amazing right?  I keep saying the same thing.  He's never had a starting QB make it through a season uninjured.  But its just bad luck.  Then, he runs his offense up and down the field, gets plays off in record times.  And keeps throwing his defensive players out there with no rest.  Then gives some mumbo jumbo that he, Chip Kelly has come up with some physed program that will make his players supermen.

Except every year its proven not true.

For the few who may care...fans/media dreading the possibilities with Sanchez being their only QB under contract.  They could franchise Bradford for a year, but rumors surfaced this morning saying Chip Kelly didn't re-sign him because Tom Condon was demanding $25 mil per year and lots of vibes that Bradford wants to be closer to home.

Sanchez may win a QB competition by default and be a starter again in the next season or two.

He is gone, let it go ;)

I know exactly what you mean. I targeted him as a sleeper QB in my fantasy league and picked him up very late. He was absolutely atrocious in the first few games. He got a little better after I released him, so my opinion of him may be slightly biased. Chip Kelly's system was supposed to help Bradford and it seemed like Kelly played his hand well in the preseason when Bradford was lights out, for part of that one game at least. That was the reason Bradford wanted 25 mil. Just like how Matt Flynn cashed in for years based off of one game. 

You'd think teams have sobered up to paying an arm and a leg for such instances. But it's certainly not the case. Desperate teams will over pay for half decent QBs such as the over the hill (but never really reached the hill) Fitz. 

the injury supposedly happened in october.  wikipedia is incorrect.  not saying he wasn't hurt, he obviously was but did he play? he gets evaluated on how he played.  he made his career playing through anything, he loves the accolades of being the ironman then when he fails he loves to give injury excuses.  he wasn't good 90% of that season, healthy or not.

What I liked best about Favre was he'd launch a bomb downfield and watch it sail ready to celebrate. 

As soon as it's picked off he'd grab his wrist, shake his hand, and begin to limp. 

His standard procedure "Oh, I got wounded that's why the sucky throw" routine.

What I liked best about Favre was he'd launch a bomb downfield and watch it sail ready to celebrate. 

As soon as it's picked off he'd grab his wrist, shake his hand, and begin to limp. 

His standard procedure "Oh, I got wounded that's why the sucky throw" routine.

he wanted the praise of being the ironman but he wanted the excuses when he failed.  remember when he distributed pics of his leg after his choke in the 2009 title game? 

Archived