Eagles fans/media worried about Sanchez

AFJF

he outplayed the best QB ever in the div rd on the road so clearly he can play. 

He is also known for being careless with the ball. Butt fumbling and throwing INTs in the endzone.

How many times have you seen Sanchez drive down the field and throw the ball in triple coverage?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is also known for being careless with the ball. Butt fumbling and throwing INTs in the endzone.

How many times have you seen Sanchez drive down the field and throw the ball in triple coverage?

he is known for many things but his lone bad season was 2012 when Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen Hill were his main weapons not to mention tebow and Sparano thrown in.  No he's not a top QB but he's a good QB, did much more good than bad for us.  You are spoiled w/ the greatest ever, we have never had a truly great QB that had a truly great career.

he is known for many things but his lone bad season was 2012 when Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen Hill were his main weapons not to mention tebow and Sparano thrown in.  No he's not a top QB but he's a good QB, did much more good than bad for us.  You are spoiled w/ the greatest ever, we have never had a truly great QB that had a truly great career.

Maybe he will come back to the Jets?

You never know.

For the few who may care...fans/media dreading the possibilities with Sanchez being their only QB under contract.  They could franchise Bradford for a year, but rumors surfaced this morning saying Chip Kelly didn't re-sign him because Tom Condon was demanding $25 mil per year and lots of vibes that Bradford wants to be closer to home.

Sanchez may win a QB competition by default and be a starter again in the next season or two.

Link? Where did all this come from on Wednesday?

Playoff wins(other than Brady):

Mark Sanchez 4

rest of AFC East combined- ZERO(w/ zero apps)

Number of seasons where Sanchez was responsible for the team making the playoffs 0.

Number AFCE GMs who would trade any of their QBs for Sanchez, 0

Number of posts you'll put up defending Sanchez with Voodoo statistics?  Infinate. 

Number of seasons where Sanchez was responsible for the team making the playoffs 0.

Number AFCE GMs who would trade any of their QBs for Sanchez, 0

Number of posts you'll put up defending Sanchez with Voodoo statistics?  Infinate. 

Number of clues Jet Nut has: 0

yep, he had the '85 beats around him and they just carried him b/c it's so easy to win playoff games(road playoff games no less) w/ any QB.  The brilliance of bitter, misinformed Jet fans.  you have to love it.

Number of clues Jet Nut has: 0

yep, he had the '85 beats around him and they just carried him b/c it's so easy to win playoff games(road playoff games no less) w/ any QB.  The brilliance of bitter, misinformed Jet fans.  you have to love it.

What is this, George and the jerk store response?

Did I hurl an insult your way?  Then you'll cry if I do. 

Keep stroking yourself.  Your boy sucks. As much as any QB can suck. 

I would love to see him go to Buffalo. With him starting we might have won that last game. Revis would have been jumping all over Mark. He knows him like a book. As for Miami, Tannehill is better by a lot.

Mark has won big games, something Fitz and Tannehill have never done.

nyjunc suffers from the fan oasis syndrome, worst case i have ever seen.

You are a fan in the desert of disappointment (all jets fans are here.)  You see an oasis and your mule finally gets you closer to that oasis than ever before in your history, the mule is not much better than all the other dead ones but with this mule you could actually see the oasis!  Thus that favored mule is the best mule ever, he may have been ornery, fat, lazy and stupid but by gosh he actually got me to within site of the oasis so he is better than all the other mules I've even seen.

Rex is the best coach the Jets have ever had, Mark is the best Qb the jets have ever had because i am so thirsty and with them i could see the oasis.

You are a fan in the desert of disappointment (all jets fans are here.)  You see an oasis and your mule finally gets you closer to that oasis than ever before in your history, the mule is not much better than all the other dead ones but with this mule you could actually see the oasis!  Thus that favored mule is the best mule ever, he may have been ornery, fat, lazy and stupid but by gosh he actually got me to within site of the oasis so he is better than all the other mules I've even seen.

Rex is the best coach the Jets have ever had, Mark is the best Qb the jets have ever had because i am so thirsty and with them i could see the oasis.

Goes deeper than that.  Has to be more to it.  Todd got us as close.  Vinny got us that close.  Vinny never had the lows Sanchez routinely gave us, that we expected.  

where have I ever said rex is the best, Mark is the best?  you guys make stuff up b/c you have nothing.

Goes deeper than that.  Has to be more to it.  Todd got us as close.  Vinny got us that close.  Vinny never had the lows Sanchez routinely gave us, that we expected.  

Todd threw away our SB chances, I love Vinny.  the 1998 season was the best we have ever had start to finish outside of 1968.

Link? Where did all this come from on Wednesday?

No link to sports radio I listen to on my way to and from work every day.  If you download the app for 97.5 the fanatic you can have a listen.

Look Fitz is the best Qb we've had since Chad. Sure Mark got us into the playoffs and won 4 games. There's been overkill by his fans on that feat. I give him credit for that the same way I give credit to a starting pitcher who wins a 10-9 game. He kept us in the games and was the winning Qb. That doesn't mean he was that good or the key reason we won. 

Look Fitz is the best Qb we've had since Chad. Sure Mark got us into the playoffs and won 4 games. There's been overkill by his fans on that feat. I give him credit for that the same way I give credit to a starting pitcher who wins a 10-9 game. He kept us in the games and was the winning Qb. That doesn't mean he was that good or the key reason we won. 

no he's not.  he had a good year then faild in the biggest game of the year.  he also had the most talent around him and a weak sched.  I appreciate what he did but mark 2010 was better than Fitz 2015.

Actually the Jets vs Buff were a couple of drops away from winning that game. And that play to Thompkins could have been a game winner. I'll take Fitz over Mark for 2016. Probably the Eagles will let Bradford walk if he wants that big payout. If he is smart he'll renegotiate because hs probably fits into Pedersen's scheme. Unless there's an injury I don't see Mark starting for the Eagles in 2016. That would be a big step backwards.

Actually the Jets vs Buff were a couple of drops away from winning that game. And that play to Thompkins could have been a game winner. I'll take Fitz over Mark for 2016. Probably the Eagles will let Bradford walk if he wants that big payout. If he is smart he'll renegotiate because hs probably fits into Pedersen's scheme. Unless there's an injury I don't see Mark stating for the Eagles in 2016. That would be a big step backwards.

so we were relying on a miracle play to beat a team we were much better than?  come on. 

Look basically the Jets aren't better than the Bills. In no pre-season prognostications did many people predict the Jets to win more games than Buff. As a matter of fact under Marrone last year the Bills won nine games and under Rex the Jets won 4. They had better personnel but inferior coaching. As for Sanchez he has always had the talent to make plays and move the chains. But inside the 20 he's one of the worst of all time. Be honest: he's a turnover machine, plain and simple. 

Look basically the Jets aren't better than the Bills. In no pre-season prognostications did many people predict the Jets to win more games than Buff. As a matter of fact under Marrone last year the Bills won nine games and under Rex the Jets won 4. They had better personnel but inferior coaching. As for Sanchez he has always had the talent to make plays and move the chains. But inside the 20 he's one of the worst of all time. Be honest: he's a turnover machine, plain and simple. 

preseason prognostications mean nothing, we were better than Buffalo and they were really banged up w/ nothing to play for.  we should have easily won that game.

last year has nothing to do with this year.

yes he turns it over too much, he didn't have many inside the RZ for us though.  he really only had one bad year(2012( when he had the worst collection of skill players I have seen since the 1995 jets.

His rookie season was mediocre: he was on a color coding in terms of play calling of Shotty's offense. But ok he was a rookie Qb. 2011 he was ok earlier in the season but fell apart in the second half. I thought he was the key reason we lost so many of those games. It isn't just a casual thing turning over the ball as much as he does (even with the Eagles). It's a big problem and not on his teammates. It's on him. Trying to thread the needle in the end zone (when he can't) and throwing a pick when you have at least an almost guaranteed scoring drive. Don't want him back. 

His rookie season was mediocre: he was on a color coding in terms of play calling of Shotty's offense. But ok he was a rookie Qb. 2011 he was ok earlier in the season but fell apart in the second half. I thought he was the key reason we lost so many of those games. It isn't just a casual thing turning over the ball as much as he does (even with the Eagles). It's a big problem and not on his teammates. It's on him. Trying to thread the needle in the end zone (when he can't) and throwing a pick when you have at least an almost guaranteed scoring drive. Don't want him back. 

he was up and down as a rookie but was mostly good.  most of his INTs came in 3-4 games, the rest of the season he was good.

2010 he was really good, how many late game comebacks did he lead?

2011 his #s were highest but he wasn't anywhere near as good as 2010.  he was part of the reason we collapsed but w/ a huge assist from the D.

he turns it over, it's part of him but he makes plays too.

he's not coming back but we don't have to bash him either(not saying you are but others have been doing it).

Mark's been in the league long enough to learn how to play the position. But he still makes the same mistakes he did his rookie year. In 2014 he took over a team with a winning record (6-2) and under him they were 4-4 and didn't make the playoffs. He's an NFL quality Qb but as a starter below average. 

Mark's been in the league long enough to learn how to play the position. But he still makes the same mistakes he did his rookie year. In 2014 he took over a team with a winning record (6-2) and under him they were 4-4 and didn't make the playoffs. He's an NFL quality Qb but as a starter below average. 

on the surface that looks bad but the reality is he elevated that eagle offense in 2014 despite facing the much tougher portion of the schedule.  the D was torn apart and why they missed the playoffs.  really he was 5-4 as he came into the Texan game tied at 7 and led them to the win.  he led that O to nearly 30 PPG and almost a TD more per game than Foles did- again against the MUCH tougher portion of the sched.

on the surface that looks bad but the reality is he elevated that eagle offense in 2014 despite facing the much tougher portion of the schedule.  the D was torn apart and why they missed the playoffs.  really he was 5-4 as he came into the Texan game tied at 7 and led them to the win.  he led that O to nearly 30 PPG and almost a TD more per game than Foles did- again against the MUCH tougher portion of the sched.

The games I saw Mark play for the Eagles last year he wasn't terrible. Like I said, while Mark is not a quality NFL Qb he is an NFL quality Qb. He can play in the league but I don't see him playing unless there is an injury to the starter. He is an ok backup.

Archived