Talked To Charlie Weiss Tonight

SoFlaJets

At this Equestrian event that I've been playing for the past 4 weeks and I asked him what he thinks of the idea of The Jets and Colin Kaputnik. He told me-"I would never have that guy on my team" "He's a dirtbag" and that "NOBODY in the league likes him". I have always said that the NFL is like a small town and Charlie is as plugged in as anybody. He also told me that he has turned down 4 different OC jobs so that his wife can pursue her dream in the Equestrian field, which I thought was a pretty cool thing to say and I totally respect and agree with his decision. He told me it's an 110 hours a week job. So when you look at the way the Jets all rallied around Ryan Fitzpatrick this year and he's only 5 years older than Kaepernick I say draft another kid to take Geno's slot and move Bryce Petty up to back-up

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Does he still hang with Bill Parcells? :)

Doubtful, he is a nice guy Phil, actually gave me a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets when I told him I was a Jets fan-he said "yea I worked there 3 seasons 97,98,99." Another thing (for you smart aleck guys), it took until this past season for a Jets QB to best Weiss' QB TD record that Vinny held for what 17-18 seasons? He also has four Super Bowl rings but the only ring he wears OR seems concerned with these days is simple white gold one on his 3rd finger on his left hand that he pointed to He also said nice things about our act when he was the judge.

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Doubtful, he is a nice guy Phil, actually gave me a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets when I told him I was a Jets fan-he said "yea I worked there 3 seasons 97,98,99." Another thing (for you smart aleck guys), it took until this past season for a Jets QB to best Weiss' QB TD record that Vinny held for what 17-18 seasons? He also has four Super Bowl rings but the only ring he wears OR seems concerned with these days is simple white gold one on his 3rd finger on his left hand that he pointed to He also said nice things about our act when he was the judge.

I have nothing against Charlie but he did lose playcalling duties during that 1998 season so not sure he should get the credit though all involved deserve some credit.

24 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I have nothing against Charlie but he did lose playcalling duties during that 1998 season so not sure he should get the credit though all involved deserve some credit.

No, that was during the 1999 season when Vinny got hurt opening day and the team started out 1-6 after that Tuna took over playcalling duties from Weiss-and after finally benching the ineffective Rick Mirer turned the QBing job over to Ray Lucas 

Well you don't have to be too plugged in to know Kap is a scummy dirtbag, doesn't everyone know that? Not surprised no one likes him. But what is this equestrian thing you're talking about? Which discipline does his wife do?  Are you in West Palm or Ocala? 

3 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Well you don't have to be too plugged in to know Kap is a scummy dirtbag, doesn't everyone know that? Not surprised no one likes him. But what is this equestrian thing you're talking about? Which discipline does his wife do?  Are you in West Palm or Ocala? 

Wellington

20 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

No, that was during the 1999 season when Vinny got hurt opening day and the team started out 1-6 after that Tuna took over playcalling duties from Weiss-and after finally benching the ineffective Rick Mirer turned the QBing job over to Ray Lucas 

My mistake.

23 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I found this on 1998:

Interestingly, in these last two victories over well-regarded Chiefs and Bills teams, despite Martin's failure to gain yardage, offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and Parcells (who does some of the play-calling)

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/11/sports/football-jets-turned-into-numbers-crunchers.html

On 2/4/2016 at 9:44 AM, SoFlaJets said:

I heard that Sooth is starting a new and even better than ever Jets Insider- it's just hard to access-go find it and when you do come back here and post a link for us all OK?

Geez....lighten up Francine!

Archived