Ocean Mafia

Nolder

24 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I'm sure that works great for you, I view it more politically. If I'm going to lynch the person I want I have to rally 6 more votes, and turning my argument into OMGUS won't get me them.

but now that approach is flawed since I had to spell it out for you, so I might as well just be more upfront about my intention 

unvote vote Crusher

Gross. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  Your "case" on me is stupid and based purely on last game.

Grosser.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ummmm...my case on Pac, you know, the case you agreed with...is purely based on the last 2 games.

Double ping.

Yes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JiF said:

Which one is it?  Avoid this conversation "entirely" or is "beneficial for scum to weigh in"?

lmfao - this was minutes apart.  

It's beneficial for the TOWN for everyone to weigh in.  But those who are trying to avoid discussing it appear more SCUMMY to me than someone like Brett, who is posting foolishness but is at least participating. 

Scum is either going to accept CTM's claim implicitly (like AVM kind of did) or avoid the topic (like both AVM and Pac are doing).

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Same. So, what, you, me, Crusher and CTM are town? 

I like where this is headed.

Not sure about everyone else.  I'm town.  I know that.  I also know Brett or 80 should die today, like right now.  Would be super cool to kill both if possible. 

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just to recap - he wasnt totally sure how to play this - yet, he voted CTM right out the gates either way.  That's seems pretty sure to me.

He then posts a contradictory statement about my idea.  He doesnt like it and everyone is stupid that does but its not the end of the world because town won last game without the cop.

He then claims CTM is the focal point and its creating a cover which again, is a contradiction.  He's voting him an did it immediately right out the gates.  Provided that people actually followed him...what's more of a cover?  Voting someone that "he's not totally sure how to play" immediately without any real opportunity to respond to that fact it would actually force people out to participate or trying to immediately vote out a "distraction" without giving adequate time for people to weigh in?

Then this final charade with Crusher is just disgusting.  He had no problem voting a role that "he wasnt totally sure how to play" but wanted to wait and see if someone else voted Crusher in fear of his voting being perceived as WIFOM?  Who's afraid to vote someone because of the implications or perception of said vote?  It's certainly not town, that's for sure.  

Unvote

Vote Brett

The bolded is what jumped out to me the most.

"Hey guys, it's probably dumb idea...

...but what's the worst that could happen?"

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course it's beneficial for scum to weigh in, but its easy to look scummy by doing so.  Like you're mistakenly seeing out of me right now.  Activity tends to = scumminess these days.  Not everyone is going to have smart or accurate reactions to a play like CTM's, so in these instances my preference is to look at the quiet ones.

For that reason I don't like AVM's play either.  Posted one reaction about CTM, saying he's seem him claim as Miller once before, then went right back to joke posts.

i think everyone should be forced to weigh in

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's beneficial for the TOWN for everyone to weigh in.  But those who are trying to avoid discussing it appear more SCUMMY to me than someone like Brett, who is posting foolishness but is at least participating. 

Scum is either going to accept CTM's claim implicitly (like AVM kind of did) or avoid the topic (like both AVM and Pac are doing).

i would say yes, but brett did play out in front as what he thought was a solo win condition last game so he may be an eager beaver these days

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

This game is all ****ed up. 80 and Ape both make way too much sense to me.

Make too much sense for scum?  Or make sense in terms of the points we're making?  Because if its the latter, pretty sure Ape thinks both me and you are scum.  He's following JiF on you like a disgusting mongrel, while JiF followed Ape onto me.  So gross.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Make too much sense for scum?  Or make sense in terms of the points we're making?  Because if its the latter, pretty sure Ape thinks both me and you are scum.  He's following JiF on you like a disgusting mongrel, while JiF followed Ape onto me.  So gross.

Ape making sense about CTM, you making sense about scum dodging this whole mess

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I'm fine lynching me if it helps point to Crusher tomorrow, his slop pings me that much. But I think 80 is right that scum is avoiding the situation, so there are options there too. Option 3 is CTM because of previous reasons.

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

Jif is also pinging with how quick he is to narrow the lynch pool to 89 or I. Pretty sure I got caught last game for the consolidation thing and I wasn't town.

So anybody that accuses you as scum is probably scum.  Unless they are quiet avoiding the situation then they are scum too? If all else fails lynch CTM?

1 minute ago, CTM said:

brett's list of who he is willing to lynch

brett, crusher, ctm, jif + anyone avoiding this situation, which I guess would be pretty much the rest of the game besides ape and 80

way to narrow it down buddy

How else can I say I had the whole scum team figured out by D1?

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So anybody that accuses you as scum is probably scum.  Unless they are quiet avoiding the situation then they are scum too? If all else fails lynch CTM?

Spinning again. I never said Jif was scum because he accused me, I said he was pinging because he was quick to narrow the lynch pool to 2 people. The same thing that ruined me last game 

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's not what you said.  I even enlarged the text size for the vision impaired.  This is the worst back track possibly ever. 

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sigh.  5 minutes ago:  80 lynch on D1 is boring.  Now:  Let's hurry up and lynch 80 for being 80. 

You have 1 vote on you.  1 vote. 

9 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Jif is also pinging with how quick he is to narrow the lynch pool to 89 or I. Pretty sure I got caught last game for the consolidation thing and I wasn't town.

Eh, you were using consolidation as pressure to get anyone to vote anyone, while deadline mongering. 

Not the same as what JIF is doing, JIF is just listing his top 2 scum hunches.

10 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

To be fair, I don't recall JiF using the word "consolidation". He just said that you and 80 are his best choices for scum right now.

Spinning again. I never said Jif was scum because he accused me, I said he was pinging because he was quick to narrow the lynch pool to 2 people. The same thing that ruined me last game 

So, be clear, do you think JIF is scum or not?

Again, what you're accusing him of doing is not the same thing you did last game. JIF isolating his suspects is a null tell, he always does it as town, and usually does it as scum impersonating his town play. 

19 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

This game is all ****ed up. 80 and Ape both make way too much sense to me.

15 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I'm fine lynching me if it helps point to Crusher tomorrow, his slop pings me that much. But I think 80 is right that scum is avoiding the situation, so there are options there too. Option 3 is CTM because of previous reasons.

80 is making zero sense.  Did you fail to see his contradiction? 

12 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Says the guy who wants to lynch CTM because he's a distraction, even though you think he's telling the truth.

lmfao

Just now, Integrity28 said:

So, be clear, do you think JIF is scum or not?

Again, what you're accusing him of doing is not the same thing you did last game. JIF isolating his suspects is a null tell, he always does it as town, and usually does it as scum impersonating his town play. 

Do I get to use my patented 'meh' scale? 

I think it's unlikely, because I feel strong about Crush and if they were in cahoots I don't think they would both vote me so close together.

still more than happy to string that fruitcake up though.

Brett seems to be doing his best Ape impersonation. sh*t is being flung everywhere, but he seems to be having trouble getting it to stick. 

13 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

No, JiF is giving his scum reads. You were pushing to have anyone lynched to get to night ASAP. 

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

He isn't telling everyone they have to consolidate. Big difference between the two. 

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

brett's list of who he is willing to lynch

brett, crusher, ctm, jif + anyone avoiding this situation, which I guess would be pretty much the rest of the game besides ape and 80

way to narrow it down buddy

but wants to lynch you because, distraction

14 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Yet, I had to ask you to vote him.

80 could be right, or he could be using building a narrative about avoidance from nothing. Which is more inline with what I feel like he's doing, and did last game. He would frame a narrative based on how townies fumbled around. I do it all the time as scum.

Based on the red, you list looks like this: 

1. Crusher
  2. AVM
  3. Leelou
  4. Pac
  5. Jetengine1
  6. Anyone else that didn't weigh-in on CTM's reveal
  7. CTM

Seems pretty precise.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's not what you said.  I even enlarged the text size for the vision impaired.  This is the worst back track possibly ever. 

You have 1 vote on you.  1 vote. 

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not sure about everyone else.  I'm town.  I know that.  I also know Brett or 80 should die today, like right now.  Would be super cool to kill both if possible. 

Yeah you're not in a rush or anything.

Archived