Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And f*ck you @Nolder for making a game that forces me to ask such a f*cking childish-sounding pair of questions.

RL LOL

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Another option I was stewing over this morning was a No Lynch scenario. 

If you think about it, we have conversion speculation, and we have odd roles we haven't seen often. A no lynch on D1, basically resets the game as though it begins in night phase, but with some already decent reveals out there, and some great reactions. 

I'm not normally a fan, but it was specifically called out in the rules, and stuck in my craw a bit when I read it.

Hell no.  I see no hints that this game has any mechanics that would benefit from a NL.  None.  This is a stupid idea.  Town only has their vote (not counting vigs or the like).  If anything, the potential for a conversion game means taking down the converter is a high priority - and a lynch is the most likely way that will occur.

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The case to lynch Pac: 1/3 in neighbors has to be scum

The conclusion to 1/3 in neighbors being scum, lynch the other neighbors

Can someone explain to me, as though I'm as stupid as 80, how this is NOT contradictory logic?

Pretty sure that answers your own question, lol.

Just now, CTM said:

<- enjoying the ape trolling

LOL, yea, it's a noble effort... I'll be interested to see if either of them is scum, and which of them is getting used like JIF's mouth at a hot dog eating competition... 

Would be a really ballsy way to play scum to acknowledge you know I'm town, just to troll me. Not a good way, but a ballsy way.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Pac flips scum, I'd be willing to test my theory that ALL of you are actually a scum team, OR that 2/3 are scum.  I think the tradeoff of 1 scum for 3 towns would be worthwhile.

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As long as we lynch Pac today I don't give a f*ck what everyone else wants to do with Crusher and Ape. 

Wow dude. Really?  All over the place.

Dont really see the case on Pac.  Early on I could see the parallels to his last couple games but for a brief moment he actually looked like he was trying to reason and scum hunt.  Plus he did tell everyone up front he had new job and would be away a bit.  Brett and Im really hating 80 pushing false logic and calling it a theory. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Integrity28  @The Crusher  Did Pac reveal his fish in your QT? 

What possible pro-town motive could be behind not revealing his fish?

How ridiculously stupid.  Who gives a f**k what kind of fish I am??  Are you really basing your decisions around that?

Welcome to the club of people I'll happily vote today.  You and JiF can take a seat over there.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

How ridiculously stupid.  Who gives a f**k what kind of fish I am??  Are you really basing your decisions around that?

Welcome to the club of people I'll happily vote today.  You and JiF can take a seat over there.

Yes, I am in part basing my voting on that, what you're doing right now is withholding potentially useful information. That's anti-town behavior.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

why does pac keep talking about this like he doesn't understand what the role neighbors means?  This is starting to feel made up

First of all dummy I've never played in a game with "neighbors" - it's always been masons.  When I read my PM I immediately thought 3 man mason team but no way that can last till end game for all the reasons I've stated.

Please don't tell me a semantic trap is all you got.

10 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

If it doesn't matter, why won't you say it?

Nope.  If you think I'm scum vote me.  I want the people who use me not giving my fish name as an excuse for their vote to stand out.  Fish name lol..  what a ridiculous request.

Not gonna do it.

I'm actually fine getting lynched..   I would suspect that when you see you've killed a townie you should dispatch of Crush and Ape in short order until you nail scum. 

The case on me is absurd so unless someone wants to give me a real reason for voting me there's not much to defend.  I think it's completely asinine to vote a claimed neighbor on Day 1 but if it gets you hot and bothered go for it.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I am in part basing my voting on that, what you're doing right now is withholding potentially useful information. That's anti-town behavior.

15 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

If it doesn't matter, why won't you say it?

Why exactly do you guys think the fish type matters?

I mean, Nolder has already posted a safe role reveal in-thread, I think it's safe to assume that he'd provide scum with safe fish types to reveal with.

You're both grasping at straws here.

I personally think Pac is defending well. If he's scum, then he's cleaned up the obvious tells he's shown the past 2 games.

Everyone who voted me should give me a reason why...

80 - derp derp.. he was quiet early on and won't tell me his fish name

JiF - he was quiet early on... 

Leelou - I secretly want him

Ape - I'm a pompous ass hole

Verbal - ??

Just now, Pac said:

Everyone who voted me should give me a reason why...

80 - derp derp.. he was quiet early on and won't tell me his fish name

JiF - he was quiet early on... 

Leelou - I secretly want him

Ape - I'm a pompous ass hole

Verbal - ??

To see what happened once your train got larger for a second time. That's my reason.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, Nolder has already posted a safe role reveal in-thread, I think it's safe to assume that he'd provide scum with safe fish types to reveal with.

I personally think Pac is defending well. If he's scum, then he's cleaned up the obvious tells he's shown the past 2 games.

If one of us started as scum then sadly I think it's Crush..  If you were scum you'd realize your vote on me was idiotic because you'd be lynched next. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What matters is not what fish he is, but why he is so unwilling to reveal.  There's nothing negative I could surmise that would result from revealing it.  But his unwillingness to do so is most certainly anti-town.

When given the option to reveal character in any game it is advantageous to town to make use of that character reveal. 

Why are you defending him on this?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What matters is not what fish he is, but why he is so unwilling to reveal.  There's nothing negative I could surmise that would result from revealing it.  But his unwillingness to do so is most certainly anti-town.

When given the option to reveal character in any game it is advantageous to town to make use of that character reveal. 

for the 3rd time I'm the GFY FISH..

you know..  GFY

G    F    Y

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Dont really see the case on Pac.  Early on I could see the parallels to his last couple games but for a brief moment he actually looked like he was trying to reason and scum hunt.  Plus he did tell everyone up front he had new job and would be away a bit.  Brett and Im really hating 80 pushing false logic and calling it a theory. 

Even if you don't buy the case on Pac:  Care to share why you think this would be a bad lynch?  You're a fellow neighbor.  Most of the game is under the impression its hard to believe all 3 of you are town, as that would provide a massive advantage to town.  If you're town, you should be supporting Pac's lynch, no? 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't really think it matters. But I think is unwillingness stands out. If it doesn't matter, why wouldn't you just say it?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't agree with the bold. Sometimes revealing characters, depending on theme, can give away power roles. This is a stupid thing to say, and another case of bad logic.

I'm not defending him, as much as I'm finalizing my read on him. I think being the defiant a&#036;&#036;hole who says "I'm not revealing my fish name" is more a town tell for Pac. 

Archived