Another Potential CFL Signing ...

KRL

This is the third CFL player we've been linked to, Freddie Bishop who we signed
and Eric Rogers who went to SF:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/02/jets_offer_contract_to_cfl_pass_rusher_tristan_okp.html#incart_river_index

The Jets this offseason have already signed one Canadian Football League pass rusher, Freddie Bishop III.

Might they sign another? Looks like they'll have some competition.

Here is the agent of Tristan Okpalaugo, a 26-year-old who had 23 sacks the past two seasons with Toronto and played in college at Fresno State:

So we'll see if the Jets make it two CFL edge rushers (a position of need for this team) on their offseason roster.

Or maybe Okpalaugo will get a better offer elsewhere.

With this the third CFL player we've been linked to, I like the fact that we are
"looking under every rock" for the positions we want to upgrade.  If we strike
gold we have productive players for low $$$

I'm actually surprised the CFL doesn't contribute more players to the NFL then it does.  Most of the guys that play there are better then average NCAA, or FCS players.    Have had shots at NFL teams and PS's.   

After a year or two of CFL football you would think a certain percentage of them would develop into NFL players.

Another guy that didn't really stand out at all in the cfl despite his sack numbers.  Camp fodder.

A guy that just signed in philly named Aarom Grymes would have been well worth a look, a Db for my home town team.  Would not at all surprise me if he made it as a nickel corner.

The guy the Jets should go after next year (I think he is still under contract this year) is a player named Derrel Walker - WR from texas a & m  1,100 yards and 6 tds in only 12 games. Nice hands, gets open, has a deep game even though he is not a blazer, reminds me a lot of Jarvis Landry,

2 hours ago, LinemanCT said:

Don't forget Maccagnan has ties to scouting for Ottawa and Saskatchewan. I'm sure he has his people out there scouting. 

Excellent catch, I forgot he was in the CFL for a time

11 hours ago, KRL said:

With this the third CFL player we've been linked to, I like the fact that we are
"looking under every rock" for the positions we want to upgrade.  If we strike
gold we have productive players for low $$$

Has Cags ever signed a player that he found under a rock?  Better yet, has Cags ever found ANY player under a rock.

11 hours ago, Tinstar said:

This Front office and coaching staff is determined to find a QB, an Edge rusher and OTs who can run block and pass protect .

Yea, it almost gives you the impression that they've been paying attention to what wins in the NFL for the past 20 years. 

Already better than anything we ever saw under the prolific reign of Bradway.

Archived