NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 11:15 PM
  • A
  •  
  • A
  •  
  • A
SHARE THIS URL

So, this isn't a great omen for the 2016 Jets season.

A Gang Green-themed tailgate vehicle - a converted school bus emblazoned with the Jets logo and painted in team colors caught fire in Stamford, CT on Tuesday night. No one was hurt, according to the Stamford Fire Department. News 8 in Connecticut first tweeted photos.

NFL COMBINE: A LOOK AT PROSPECTS JETS WILL KEEP AN EYE ON

The bus caught fire around 7 p.m., apparently not aware that the franchise usually waits until the second half of the NFL season to go up in flames.

"The fire was complicated by multiple propane tanks stored in the vicinity of the vehicle that became involved in the fire," Stamford FD said in a statement.

FOLLOW THE DAILY NEWS SPORTS ON FACEBOOK. "LIKE" US HERE.

AUG. 21, 2015, FILE PHOTOPETER MORGAN/AP

Too early, Jets!

Firefighters had the blaze under control within 10 minutes, which may be record time extinguishing a problem for anything involving the Jets.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation. No word yet on the whereabouts of Rex Ryan at the time.

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The bus caught fire around 7 p.m., apparently not aware that the franchise usually waits until the second half of the NFL season to go up in flames.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within 10 minutes, which may be record time extinguishing a problem for anything involving the Jets.

I guess Daniel O'Leary considers himself a comedian.  I did have a slight chuckle.  Or was that gas?

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I guess Daniel O'Leary considers himself a comedian.  I did have a slight chuckle.  Or was that gas?

Yeah I thought his comments were in poor taste. Here someone just lost a bus and he wants to take cheap shots.

Jets Bus

The Daily News has a story about a Jets bus that caught on fire. The author apparently thought it was a good idea to riddle the article with lame Jets jokes. Personally we feel for the owner of this Jets bus. Hopefully they have insurance and can get a new Jets ride in time for next season.  Good luck to this Jets crew and if they need a place to tailgate they can definitely hang out with us next year.

So, this isn’t a great omen for the 2016 Jets season.

A Gang Green-themed tailgate vehicle – a converted school bus emblazoned with the Jets logo and painted in team colors caught fire in Stamford, CT on Tuesday night. No one was hurt, according to the Stamford Fire Department. News 8 in Connecticut first tweeted photos.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
HAy7jPp0qDw

Click here to read the full story...

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Everyone takes cheap shots at the Jets no matter what,even some of our fans. 

Sad story guys put a lot of time and effort into those tailgate vehicles. 

Totally agree. The Daily News poking fun at it is in bad taste. Par for the course I guess.

Archived