My top 5 most important needs in the draft and who do we pick.

Tony The Wiz

1 minute ago, slats said:

Lol, you're basically advocating a BAP philosophy when you say, "in whatever order the FO feels best." What positions did you leave off? WR? Safety? Would it be such a terrible thing for the Jets if either of those positions turned out to be the BAP at #20, and the Jets pulled the trigger? Depending on what happens with Mo and Snacks, even the DL could (easily!) be in play in the first round. 

You can call it lame all you want, but the best way to avoid needs in the future is to take the BAP - especially early. If you want to create needs down the road, pass on the best prospects to take a lesser one at a current need. These guys need to looking two, three years ahead. Outside of possibly the DL, there isn't a position I'd take off the board. But I might've said that last year, too, and they took Leonard Williams. These guys get it. 

If we draft another DB in round 1 Holy Sh_t I'm going to scream.

Until FA plays it, it's a little difficult to make educated guesses, but based on the mantra, seems like they'll lean on BPA with a twist of need. I'd say that's likely going to put us in the running for the best OT still on the board, or maybe one of the 'backers' (Lee/Ragland). 

On 2/28/2016 at 3:12 PM, slats said:

Lol, you're basically advocating a BAP philosophy when you say, "in whatever order the FO feels best." What positions did you leave off? WR? Safety? Would it be such a terrible thing for the Jets if either of those positions turned out to be the BAP at #20, and the Jets pulled the trigger? Depending on what happens with Mo and Snacks, even the DL could (easily!) be in play in the first round. 

You can call it lame all you want, but the best way to avoid needs in the future is to take the BAP - especially early. If you want to create needs down the road, pass on the best prospects to take a lesser one at a current need. These guys need to looking two, three years ahead. Outside of possibly the DL, there isn't a position I'd take off the board. But I might've said that last year, too, and they took Leonard Williams. These guys get it. 

drafting for need is for LOSERS, always take BAP unless it is QB and you already have a stud, everywhere else sh*t happens

If you're asking me which positions I think are the biggest needs in order its:

QB (nothing matters without one)

OLB (need a fast edge rusher to pressure the QB)

MLB (need a fast sideline to sideline guy who can cover)

RT (can upgrade big time here)

RB (we dont have one on the roster)

Honestly, I think Goff's going to fall out of the top 10, with the Rams being the team that I think takes him. Think Browns go Wentz at #2, will be interesting to see if any team jumps the Rams to land Goff if he does fall out of the top 10. 

On second thought though, can easily see Rams going Lynch instead of Goff. Think the Jets will be left with whoever is left of Lynch, Wentz, Goff assuming they don't trade up.

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This whole QB crop is going to be interesting becasue their could for sure be some surprises.  I have zero feel for what the jets are thinking re qbs.

well if fitz leaves, you'd have to think they're drafting one in the first 3 rounds, which would probably mean that prescott, cook and hack are in play, not that they're the 2016 starter.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

well if fitz leaves, you'd have to think they're drafting one in the first 3 rounds, which would probably mean that prescott, cook and hack are in play, not that they're the 2016 starter.

Ugh, ugh and ugh.  Maybe I'm being too cruel.

On 3/4/2016 at 9:18 AM, JiF said:

If you're asking me which positions I think are the biggest needs in order its:

QB (nothing matters without one)

OLB (need a fast edge rusher to pressure the QB)

MLB (need a fast sideline to sideline guy who can cover)

RT, RG and LT (can upgrade big time here)

RB (we dont have one on the roster)

Fixed for her pleasure

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:39 PM, Tony The Wiz said:

I feel that QB, OT, CB, RB and Rushing Linebacker.   These players will be there at 20  and worth the pick at this round and number.

.   QB Connor Cook.      Lynch, Goff and Wentz will already taken

OT    Jason Spriggs.   Tunsill, Stanly and Conklin will be taken

CB.   Fuller, Apple and Maybe Alexander.   Hargreaves and Ramsey will be gone.

RB     Basically everyone. I only see Carolina and Seattle drafting a RB

LB.    Because of injury to Jaylon Smith I only see one rushing LB available when we picking in Leonard Floyd of Georgia

So who do we pick at 20?  Any thoughts. Do we draft a better player at a position of not need like Emanuel Ogbah or Deforest Buckner at defensive line. So what do you think.       

How's Kyle Wilson doing?

Archived