My top 5 most important needs in the draft and who do we pick.

Tony The Wiz

I feel that QB, OT, CB, RB and Rushing Linebacker.   These players will be there at 20  and worth the pick at this round and number.

.   QB Connor Cook.      Lynch, Goff and Wentz will already taken

OT    Jason Spriggs.   Tunsill, Stanly and Conklin will be taken

CB.   Fuller, Apple and Maybe Alexander.   Hargreaves and Ramsey will be gone.

RB     Basically everyone. I only see Carolina and Seattle drafting a RB

LB.    Because of injury to Jaylon Smith I only see one rushing LB available when we picking in Leonard Floyd of Georgia

So who do we pick at 20?  Any thoughts. Do we draft a better player at a position of not need like Emanuel Ogbah or Deforest Buckner at defensive line. So what do you think.       

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I want Wentz, and I wanna do what it takes to get him. I think we need to make our move for the franchise, and I think Mo is the chip to cash in to get us there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand that.  Do what ever it takes to get a B school QB that couldn't get on the field until his junior year, and missed half his senior year?  

I can understand that.  Do what ever it takes to get a B school QB that couldn't get on the field until his junior year, and missed half his senior year?  

I think the kid has the best skill set of all the QBs coming out. We can agree to disagree.

Bunch of teams have need at RB...Giants, Saints, Dolphins, Bucaneers, Colts, Texans just to name a few. I personally don't like Wentz I think he got way over hyped by the media and someone will suffer from drafting him (Probably the Browns they love taking over hyped QBs) If we move up for a QB I would prefer Lynch. I don't think we move from our spot we probably end up with a pretty decent offensive lineman (not a chance Jaylon Smith gets passed Rex.) I trust Mac though.

A lot will depend on what the Jets think of Devin Smith - if they saw something in the short time he wasn't hurt, then WR isn't a priority, if they aren't sold on him, then WR is in play at 20 or 51. Thompkins showed some potential and we know Enunwa is at least a contributor, so Smith is the key question mark 

Not that I know much about these QB's, I really don't. But Paxton Lynch appears to be a guy that could quite possibly slip. If he were there at number 20, I personally would not mind going that route. Damn near 6'7"  kid and pretty good combine numbers. Would love to put that guy in competition with Bryce Petty. Let the chips fall where they may. May the best man win and that competition should INCLUDE Ryan Fitzpatrick assuming he resigns. That's a good way to keep every single QB honest and working hard.

But most of all, it would also make kicking Geno Smith the f*ck out the door possible. :) 

QB is always a need if you don't have a Franchise one.

I see the Jets needs thus:-

QB (see above).

Oline.

Linebacker.

Running Back.

WR/CB tie. 

Love be to take Zeke, or one of the Olinemen if they fell. I think nine of the QB we really want will fall to 20 but you never know.

Smiths knee situation means he will not be drafted in the 1st.

14 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I want Wentz, and I wanna do what it takes to get him. I think we need to make our move for the franchise, and I think Mo is the chip to cash in to get us there

13 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I think the kid has the best skill set of all the QBs coming out. We can agree to disagree.

I agree Wentz looks like a legit 1st round QB PROSPECT after the combine, but he's not a Franchise QB to plug and play by ANY MEANS ala P. Manning, Andrew Luck, or Jameis Winston. You don't mortgage the future of the franchise sacrificing multiple picks or A PROVEN STUD DE on a Div 1AA kid who IS NOT A SURE THING from the get go; as much as I liked him initially,  Sanchez provided that harsh lesson. 

The cost to move up  and get a QB within the Top 10 is not worth it for the 2016 draft and the current roster of the 2016 NYJets. Keep stocking the team with talented depth and BPAs. 

12 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think we can leave WR off the list too. How many years left does Marshall have? And we clearly saw the impact of having a stud WR in this day and age. Outside of Marsh and Decker, we have zilch at the WR position

I agree WR MAY become a position of need, but this class of 2016 is rather uninspiring and makes the 2015 Smith pick all the more savvier. Smith will be key, and as mentioned above, his development and the CS' faith in himwill be key as to whether WR will be addressed in 2016 in FA or the draft. 

That said, I like TCU's Doctson & Standford's Cajuste. Both are Reminiscent of great possession WR Ed Mcaffrey

Tape and combine performance makes  Derrick Henry a BPA prospect at 20 and fills a huge need for the Jets who have no RB to speak on the roster presently .  With what Ivory was able to do as our primary RB last season, a bigger, stronger, younger, and more athletic Henry should be an upgrade at the position .  As a matter of fact, I would be interested  in bringing the Bama backfield of Henry and Kenyon drake both to the Jets offensive backfield and special teams .   

BPA. I'd be perfectly fine with drafting another QB if someone falls like Lynch. I know we all want to win a Super Bowl & you do that by securing your franchise QB while Brady is aging. The way this division is setting up we all know that Rex isn't long for Buffalo (especially now that his brother has been brought in), does Belichick leave with Brady? Tannenbaum already has Miami in salary cap hot water with the ridiculous Suh contract.

If we find our Franchise QB, Petty?, Lynch?, maybe Wentz? Jets will be in position to take over the division with stability in the coaching staff & a system in place. I have a really good feeling about Petty (has the size, arm, the want to, dedicated), and we're bringing him along with an OC who does have some QB whisperer in him in Gailey. 

I love the direction we're going in with Mac/Bowles. NFC west is tough with Hawks & Cards but 49ers suck & who's QBing the Rams? Let's hope the Bills lose Cordy Glenn & we can abuse his successor. Pats had a lot of injuries but barely any in their secondary last year, if someone like Butler goes down they are royally screwed & they have no 1st round pick this year to compensate. Jets future can be really rosy if Mac has 2 strong years in FA & the draft.

As of today, my top 3 targets at 20 are :

Jack Conklin - OT - Michigan State

Laquon Treadwell  - Wr - Ole Miss 

Derrick Henry  -  RB -  Bama

I don't think the Jets will have any shot at the 2 top OTs, the top 3 QBs or the top 2 Linebackers in Jack and Spence.  We may not even have a shot at Treadwell and Conklin . 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

I don't think the Jets will have any shot at the 2 top OTs, the top 3 QBs or the top 2 Linebackers in Jack and Spence.  We may not even have a shot at Treadwell and Conklin . 

Henry won't be in the discussion for BPA at 20. He's a 2nd rounder. And I don't think he fits the offense. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Treadwell makes a lot of sense, especially for the Jets offensive continuity. Henry I am just not sold on as a NFL prospect. Wentz is impressive, if the Jets FO thinks he is a franchise guy I am OK with whatever it takes to get to 1. or 3

21 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I agree 100%, but he's a top-5 pick.  Philly tried to go from 20 to 2 last season and they offered multiple picks (1sts and 2nds_ along with several quality young players.  How much woult it take to get to #1 or #2?

I agree 100%, but he's a top-5 pick.  Philly tried to go from 20 to 2 last season and they offered multiple picks (1sts and 2nds_ along with several quality young players.  How much woult it take to get to #1 or #2?

I agree, I think Wentz's combine might make him the first QB taken.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Another TE who can't block . He shouldn't be BPA in the 3rd round .

Whatever you say dude he's 6'6 has long arms, can catch and run routes.  Fitz would love throwing to a big target like that.  But hey diarrhea of the keyboard is your specialty.

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Whatever you say dude he's 6'6 has long arms, can catch and run routes.  Fitz would love throwing to a big target like that.  But hey diarrhea of the keyboard is your specialty.

As long as it has a good smell to it, does it really matter ?

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

O-line

Linebacker

CB

QB

RB

In whatever order the FO feels best, and as the draft board falls.

Please tho, no more lame "BAP".  BAP is only good where you are horrible everywhere.  BAP-of-Need-or-Massive-Upgrade.   That is all.

Lol, you're basically advocating a BAP philosophy when you say, "in whatever order the FO feels best." What positions did you leave off? WR? Safety? Would it be such a terrible thing for the Jets if either of those positions turned out to be the BAP at #20, and the Jets pulled the trigger? Depending on what happens with Mo and Snacks, even the DL could (easily!) be in play in the first round. 

You can call it lame all you want, but the best way to avoid needs in the future is to take the BAP - especially early. If you want to create needs down the road, pass on the best prospects to take a lesser one at a current need. These guys need to looking two, three years ahead. Outside of possibly the DL, there isn't a position I'd take off the board. But I might've said that last year, too, and they took Leonard Williams. These guys get it. 

Archived