Ryan Fitzpatrick, The Journeyman

j4jets

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Cousins would be the closet QB we have sniffed to a franchise QB in years 

Perhaps - but being close to being a franchise QB doesn't mean he IS one.

It's academic anyway, he's staying put in Washington. It'll be interesting to see how he does against next year's opponents (AFC North, NFC North, Carolina, Arizona) - if he can get them back to the play-offs I'd say he deserves a long term deal (unless it's a "default" win of the NFC East at 8-8 / 9-7).

On March 3, 2016 at 11:14 AM, JetsFanatic said:

This is a win now team.  Fitzpatrick set the Jets record for TD passes and came within a hair of the passing yardage record in 2015.  Instead you want to go with a raw QB who was drafted in the 4th round last year. This is laughable!

Him setting the franchise record is a joke. There were 12 QBs this year alone that would've set the yardage record. 13 QBs that would have set the TD record. 9 QBs that would have set both the win n yardage record in just this year. That's how much of a joke that record is. Who cares about setting a franchise record? Not against the worst Ds of the NFL. Not when you can't beat a half ass Bills D that mailed it in weeks ago. Not when you were gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the NFL n still couldn't make the playoffs. Not when you failed like the journeymen you are when your backup RB gets injured. Not when 6 different NFL teams with 6 different CS gave up on you. 

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

Him setting the franchise record is a joke. There were 12 QBs this year alone that would've set the yardage record. 13 QBs that would have set the TD record. 9 QBs that would have set both the win n yardage record in just this year. That's how much of a joke that record is. Who cares about setting a franchise record? Not against the worst Ds of the NFL. Not when you can't beat a half ass Bills D that mailed it in weeks ago. Not when you were gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the NFL n still couldn't make the playoffs. Not when you failed like the journeymen you are when your backup RB gets injured. Not when 6 different NFL teams with 6 different CS gave up on you. 

I love fans.  If Fitz played poor he sucked and if he played good he still sucks. Lets turn the team over to a 2nd year player drafted in the 4th round who never was under center in college and we have no idea how good he is. Then we will call for Mac to be fired if we have a losing season. Fans really are great!

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I love fans.  If Fitz played poor he sucked and if he played good he still sucks. What a joke.

People don't like being wrong.  Fitz showed that glancing at a PFR career stat line doesn't mean you know a whole lot about a player or the game.  That ruffled feathers.  Anything short of a dominant SB win With Fitz winning the MVP was going to lead to nothing but "told ya so" statements, no matter what.

10 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Looks like JoeWilly and PatsTrollTxs alter ego have a little bromance going..... 

You obviously have those tendencies to be thinking about them. 

Whats your plan having to go to personal attacks means you got nothing as usual.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I love fans.  If Fitz played poor he sucked and if he played good he still sucks. Lets turn the team over to a 2nd year player drafted in the 4th round who never was under center in college and we have no idea how good he is. Then we will call for Mac to be fired if we have a losing season. Fans really are great!

Your arguing with a Rex loving, Geno loving, Fitz despising "fan".

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You obviously have those tendencies to be thinking about them. 

Whats your plan having to go to personal attacks means you got nothing as usual.

I have plenty, unlike you who does nothing but whine about not making the playoffs last year, and have literally no viable solution other than Geno smith.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

I have plenty, unlike you who does nothing but whine about not making the playoffs last year, and have literally no viable solution other than Geno smith.

Lets hear them your verbal diaheria I'm used to it already blah blah blah 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Lets hear them your verbal diaheria I'm used to it already blah blah blah 

LOL, yeah, I am the ONE with verbal diaheia, sign Fitz for a reasonable short term contract, develop Petty, draft another QB and develop him too, and keep drafting until you find one. You bitch and whine that we don't have one, and hope that the QB fairy is going to give the Jets one, its lunacy.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Figures you ridicule everyone else and you got nothing. 

figures you missed the whole point of my question.  I have already posted I would give fitz starter money, 2 years $20 million. That is a plan A. 

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, yeah, I am the ONE with verbal diaheia, sign Fitz for a reasonable short term contract, develop Petty, draft another QB and develop him too, and keep drafting until you find one. You bitch and whine that we don't have one, and hope that the QB fairy is going to give the Jets one, its lunacy.

The organization needs to get one regardless of what it takes 47 years and counting mean anything to you. 

We have a top 3 defense thats not going to be that way in years to come players get older contracts expire. 

Finish the build get a franchise QB here and now!!!!!!

Just now, Larz said:

what's your plan B ?

If a decent QB cannot be acquired by some means I would let Smith-Petty and a rookie or a cheap free agent battle it out in camp. 

I would try every means to acquire a real deal QB I dont know every teams roster or do I know what other teams are thinking as far as letting a QB go. 

We need to take a gamble on the likes of an RG III,Kaep or Manziel like QB these mediocre QBs we bring in arent winning us anything. 

47 years and counting........

Just now, Augustiniak said:

how much should the jets overpay fitz to not have to go to a plan B?  that is the question.

I think over paying is the $12 million mark.  I wouldn't go over that for fitz and if he hits the market and leaves, I would sign the most experienced cheap option (hasselback, daniels) and draft another young guy in the middle rounds

in the end fitz is just a hold the fort guy, and we still need to find the guy who saves the fort

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I never said he sucked. All I said was he's a below average QB and if he wants $15+ mil a year, then no way I want him. $6 mil max in base. Another 2-3mil in incentives. Not a penny more.

and I've never seen a 4th round QB in the NFL succeed. That's just never happened. 

Archived