Alternatives if Fitzpatrick walks

hawk

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

That's some strong logic right there.  Jets won't win because of what I, as a fan, would like to see them do.  

To get one, the team needs to tank a season, having fitz play and win 6 or 7 games is not going to put jets in position to get watson

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Wow look at these facts! they can't handle them though, I think they are blind from the masturbation to fitztragic posters.

11th in scoring...that's all that matters to me at the end of the day in evaluating the type of season he had.  If the defense shows up, Jets go to the playoffs and extend your misery.

Got those articles yet, or do we now know that you were the one who didn't know what he was talking about?

Just now, AFJF said:

11th in scoring...that's all that matters to me.  If the defense shows up, Jets go to the playoffs and extend your misery.

Got those articles yet, or do we now know that you were the one who didn't know what he was talking about?

I'm not wasting anymore of my time with fitztragic lovers, you cherrypick sh*t to make him look like a half decent QB, by this time you could of found them yourself, but were you masturbating to fitztragic posters?

13 minutes ago, cant wait said:

so you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is for next season? $100 donation to JN if the jets can win 10 games with fitz next season. or are you just all talk and a pretender like your buddy fitz?

Okay....I'll donate $100 to JN if Fitz is back and the Jets win ten games with him under center....because, you know, that'll do something, somehow.

40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

When did I say that only I could define it?  I offered my definition of it, but there's no set rule to what determines quality.  You just posted a list of QB's, most of whom are worse than Fitz at throwing TD passes and protecting the football, arguably the two most important things in a winning game plan.  Score points and don't give it away.

As far as the term Hack, that basically means somebody who is bad at something, so once again, you know more about talent evaluation than Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.  I look forward to seeing you at the helm of one of the 32 teams in the near future.

Of all the QB's you listed, how is Hasselbeck even on that list?  Fitz has more starts and better TD/INT ratio than all of them except for Hasselback (who played 17 seasons) and Schaub, who is currently a dumpster fire who is living off of a couple of nice seasons he had about a decade ago.  

Fitz will likely have his fifth season of 20+ TD passes and possibly his second of 30+ (something none of the others accomplished) and may very well ruin another season of football for you en route to ten wins, which more times than not will get you in to the post season.  Could be a long year for you.

Orton had a better TD-INT ratio than Fitz currently does. That means Fitz turned it over at a higher rate, in case you don't understand.

I wanted Fitz to win and clinch a WC last season. Why wouldn't I want that again this season too?

Really, some shockingly juvenile psychology from you. You'll fit right in on the floor at GnR.

7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Mac smartly acquired fitz for a 7th round pick last year, let's give him a chance to make another good move

I trust Mac, but that works both ways. If he decides to re-sign Fitz, I'll trust that move, if he chooses not to and to go after someone else, I'll trust that move too

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Okay....I'll donate $100 to JN if Fitz is back and the Jets win ten games with him under center....because, you know, that'll do something, somehow.

Can I get a piece of that action on the 10 win prediction?  I am going with the UNDER. 

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Orton had a better TD-INT ratio than Fitz currently does. That means Fitz turned it over at a higher rate, in case you don't understand.

I wanted Fitz to win and clinch a WC last season. Why wouldn't I want that again this season too?

Really, some shockingly juvenile psychology from you. You'll fit right in on the floor at GnR.

Fitz has 38 more TD passes than INT's.  Orton finished with 32 more TD's than INT's.  Wrong again. Tried a grown up conversation but you can't handle it.  Take care kiddo.

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I am well aware of Fitz's career.  It is what it is. I know what I see in Smith.  Don't want him starting.   In a Fitz vs. Geno setting, I'll start Fitz most days.  so what is the number for Fitz?  $8 million?  $10 million? $12 million?  What is the magic number, anything above it would send him walking?

I wasn't looking forward to the season at all before Geno got punched. 

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You're on, if we get 10 wins you and fitz will get your vindication. On the flip side, I will be glad to trade my $100 for a 10 win season next year so technically I'm rooting for you

53 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fitz has 38 more TD passes than INT's.  Orton finished with 32 more TD's than INT's.  Wrong again. 

LOL ... that's not how ratios work. 

Orton:  101 TD       69 INT  

Fitz:      154 TD     116 INT

If Fitz threw 105.2 INTs they'd have the same ratio. He threw 116.

Fitz would need 16 more TDs to have the better ratio.

Tried a grown up conversation but you can't handle it.  Take care kiddo.

I can't handle it? You're the one that's running away like a child ...

10 hours ago, cant wait said:

Yeah blowfish, because that's really what he said... I swear these fitz lovers have lost their minds 

I think AFJF got hit in the head by too many flying bottles at GnR concerts.

Either that or he flunked 4th grade math ... or both.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

11th in scoring...that's all that matters to me at the end of the day in evaluating the type of season he had.  If the defense shows up, Jets go to the playoffs and extend your misery.

His 11th in scoring comes from Gailey's scheme, our defense giving us many chances to score, our strong running game and Marshall's dominance. Fitz's individual stats largely communicate the fact he sucks. The fact Fitz rarely threw deep yet still managed to complete passes at a lower % than Geno last year is mind-boggling, but then I remember Fitz often went entire quarters and halfs having only completed a few passes. 

13 hours ago, cant wait said:

You're on, if we get 10 wins you and fitz will get your vindication. On the flip side, I will be glad to trade my $100 for a 10 win season next year so technically I'm rooting for you

Don't cave to AFJF level. You want the playoffs, nothing less.

Only a true load-chugging Fizz lover like AFJF and CarlWD40 will celebrate 10 meaningless wins and a sofa ride in January.

On March 4, 2016 at 6:45 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Hopefully Fitz will return and this is a mute topic.  Other options:

RG III

Brock Osweilier

Chase Daniel

Drew Stanton

Geno Smith

Bryce Petty

Matt Hasselback

Colt McCoy

Daniel is a potential decent stop gap for a team. Like a 2016 Version of 2015 Fitzpatrick.

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Only a true load-chugging Fizz lover like AFJF and CarlWD40 will celebrate 10 meaningless wins and a sofa ride in January.

Dont forget BowelMovement he's a Fitz jizz licker too!

8 minutes ago, Powpow said:

So is Todd Bowles and Mac but who are they.  They're just respectively the head coach and GM of the NY Jets.

Are they really?  Todd Bowles named Geno the starter last season before the locker room altercation 

Why hasnt he been resigned if they have that much confidence in him 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are they really?  Todd Bowles named Geno the starter last season before the locker room altercation 

Why hasnt he been resigned if they have that much confidence in him 

Currently, they don't have enough cap space to sign him, or many others for that matter thanks to the Wilk tag. There are lots of moving parts and there certainly shouldn't be any rush. That's when mistakes happen. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Currently, they don't have enough cap space to sign him, or many others for that matter thanks to the Wilk tag. There are lots of moving parts and there certainly shouldn't be any rush. That's when mistakes happen. 

Ok a mistake would be overpaying Fitzpatrick 

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

No reason or place for a post like this, if it were my site you'd be banned

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

No reason or place for a post like this, if it were my site you'd be banned

What did you just get back from church 

Its ok for you to mock and ridicule others but when its done to you it pisses you off 

Learn to be more respectful of others and STOP giving out negative rep  

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What did you just get back from church 

Its ok for you to mock and ridicule others but when its done to you it pisses you off 

Learn to be more respectful of others and STOP giving out negative rep  

I'm not pissed off in the least, I just think it's Rediculous. I know for a fact my 12 year old niece reads this forum, she's a huge Jets fan, and it's Rediculous she hast to see posts like that. 

I mock and ridicule your and others incredibly obnoxious posting style, I have discussion with same logical people even if I disagree with them. You and your posse like to throw your diarrhea over every thread on this board, rarely making any coherent logical points.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm not pissed off in the least, I just think it's Rediculous. I know for a fact my 12 year old niece reads this forum, she's a huge Jets fan, and it's Rediculous she hast to see posts like that. 

I mock and ridicule your and others incredibly obnoxious posting style, I have discussion with same logical people even if I disagree with them. You and your posse like to throw your diarrhea over every thread on this board, rarely making any coherent logical points.

i take offense to the diarrhea usage and thats you're opinion. 

AdamSchefter  2h2 hours ago
Brock Osweiler may indeed resign with Denver. But that, at this time, is far from a certainty. Other QB-needy teams will make this tough.

If he hits the open market, I think Mac makes a run for him.

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

This post offended me, this is no place for this, I know for a fact my 2 year old dog reads this forum and I wouldn't want him seeing statements like this 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

AdamSchefter  2h2 hours ago
Brock Osweiler may indeed resign with Denver. But that, at this time, is far from a certainty. Other QB-needy teams will make this tough.

If he hits the open market, I think Mac makes a run for him.

Did Scheffter say the Jets make a run at him or is that your opinion. 

Archived