Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On May 7, 2016 at 0:16 PM, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith is the cheapest starting QB in the league,ironically he went 8-8 with the worst WRs and OC in the NFL unlike Fitz who failed to get us in the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the NFL. 

He wants how much $$$$ to sign??????? :yahoo:

Smith ought to be the cheapest starting quarterback in the league because he's probably the worst. He was terrible in 2013, even worse than he was the next year when we went 4-12. If we'd had average quarterback play to go along with every other break we got that season we'd have been in the playoffs. These are the rankings in DYAR and DVOA for the Jets' starting quarterbacks from the last seven years. They speak for themselves. Loudly.

2009 Sanchez 38/35

2010 Sanchez 20/28

2011 Sanchez 31/29

2012 Sanchez 39/35

2013 Smith 43/40

2014 Smith 32/31

2015 Fitzpatrick 13/14

On 5/4/2016 at 0:37 AM, Maxman said:

Revis should have been on I.R. at that point in time. I am really not sure how he was playing with that injury.

Well if it was the compiler we would be hearing;What a Warrior stats for Cumar..:wub:

Hoyer signed with the Bears, Gradkowski re-signed with Pitt not sure who else is available although Mac could probably find somebody via free agency or trade. So if Ryan doesn't come back right now it looks like next man up. Geno is slammed and a lot of it is because of that horrendous Bills game. But imo he's better than that and not the worst Qb in the league just one of the worst?. But his make or break year was supposed to be '15 and instead he warmed the bench which is what he should have been doing at least his first year. Funny nobody is even suggesting that Hack starts his rookie season. I still think that we'll sign Fitz but if no Geno knows it's his last roundup. After he came back last year you only heard positives from coaches and teammates. And he wasn't late, no movies etc etc.

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hoyer signed with the Bears, Gradkowski re-signed with Pitt not sure who else is available although Mac could probably find somebody via free agency or trade. So if Ryan doesn't come back right now it looks like next man up. Geno is slammed and a lot of it is because of that horrendous Bills game. But imo he's better than that and not the worst Qb in the league just one of the worst?. But his make or break year was supposed to be '15 and instead he warmed the bench which is what he should have been doing at least his first year. Funny nobody is even suggesting that Hack starts his rookie season. I still think that we'll sign Fitz but if no Geno knows it's his last roundup. After he came back last year you only heard positives from coaches and teammates. And he wasn't late, no movies etc etc.

yates, flynn and whitehurst

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Smith ought to be the cheapest starting quarterback in the league because he's probably the worst. He was terrible in 2013, even worse than he was the next year when we went 4-12. If we'd had average quarterback play to go along with every other break we got that season we'd have been in the playoffs. These are the rankings in DYAR and DVOA for the Jets' starting quarterbacks from the last seven years. They speak for themselves. Loudly.

2009 Sanchez 38/35

2010 Sanchez 20/28

2011 Sanchez 31/29

2012 Sanchez 39/35

2013 Smith 43/40

2014 Smith 32/31

2015 Fitzpatrick 13/14

What about Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years without a playoff appearance and some not so good statistics, care to share those with us. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What about Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years without a playoff appearance and some not so good statistics, care to share those with us. 

Well name one playoff caliber team Fitz was on. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

2009 Sanchez 38/35

2010 Sanchez 20/28

2011 Sanchez 31/29

2012 Sanchez 39/35

2013 Smith 43/40

2014 Smith 32/31

2015 Fitzpatrick 13/14

Funny, without stats, of their history is the way to judge QBs.  Take their basic purpose, who would ever even sign Fitz given his 10 year career accomplishments at the time he was brought in by the Jets.  10 seasons, 0 playoff trips, no more than 6 wins, never even an 8-8 record.  

But we'll dig up even number we can find to convince people that Geno can't improve upon what a green rookie and 2nd year QB without weapons put up

Got to love the lack of logic 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, without stats, of their history is the way to judge QBs.  Take their basic purpose, who would ever even sign Fitz given his 10 year career accomplishments at the time he was brought in by the Jets.  10 seasons, 0 playoff trips, no more than 6 wins, never even an 8-8 record.  

But we'll dig up even number we can find to convince people that Geno can't improve upon what a green rookie and 2nd year QB without weapons put up

Got to love the lack of logic 

The Geno haters are a funny group arent they. 

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He was never on any and had MM as an OC and Clyde Gates and David Nelson as his #1 and #2 WR 

MM, who in his long career averaged fielding the 9th rated Offense.....till he got to the Jets.  A legit NFL Offensive guy.  Till he got here.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

2nd year QB without weapons 

Decker, Ivory, Powell, Amaro, Harvn (for half the year), Kerley.

Marshall, the only material difference between 2014 and 2015.

But sure, "no weapons".  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

MM, who in his long career averaged fielding the 9th rated Offense.....till he got to the Jets.  A legit NFL Offensive guy.  Till he got here.

MM is and was a bum this was known throughout the NFL Rex Ryan knew nothing about offense then and now. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Decker, Ivory, Powell, Amaro, Harvn (for half the year), Kerley.

Marshall, the only material difference between 2014 and 2015.

But sure, "no weapons".  

Decker was hurt for the most of the year Gates and Nelson were the WRs and I'm sure I forgot someone else. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

MM is and was a bum this was known throughout the NFL Rex Ryan knew nothing about offense then and now. 

Well, the "bum" somehow put up some pretty impressive offenses, and averaged being a top 10 offense, before he got here.  

You think it was all him, ok.  

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Decker was hurt for the most of the year Gates and Nelson were the WRs and I'm sure I forgot someone else. 

Decker started 15 and played in 15 games.   Same number of games he played as 2015, although he only started 13 in 2015.  About the same number of snaps played too.

And yes, you forgot Kerley and Enunwa, same two guys as 2015.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Marty is now the Qb coach of the Ravens and they don't ordinarily hire bums. 

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Some people thought the Jets were good last year because of Fitz because w/o him the previous year we were 4-12.

The 2014 team wasnt the same as the 2015 team. Not the same coaching staff, not the same front office not the philosophy, not the same offense, not the same defense, not the same collection of talent etc, etc.

Besides, you never answered my question. I didnt ask you "what did some people think". I asked you what year which year was Geno on a playoff caliber football team as a starter. You asked a similar question with Fitz...thinking that you had something. The problem is the 2015 Jets was one of the most talented group of players the Jets have ever had. Put that 2015 team up against any team the past 20 years the closest you'll get is during the Mark Sanchez era. Which, funny enough, went to the AFC championship....twice. 

I could also ask you when have we seen such an easy schedule like we did in 2015 the past 20 years. You'd be hard pressed to tell me a season that was that easy in respect to "strength of schedule". 

So, Fitz had the easiest schedule and arguably the most talented team in over 2 decades and did what exactly? 

Geno meanwhile, just a year BEFORE Macc spent $150,000,000 dollars had one of the least talented teams the Jets have ever fielded the past 20 years. So he went 4-12. It was a reflection of the lack of talent. 

25 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep.  Believe he was 0-1. Lost to a team with a losing record. Probably the reason the Jets missed the play offs :)

Thats because our starting QB got a boo boo and had to leave the game all against a very weak team with Raiders. 

Fitz's 3 INTS in a row are why we missed the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep.  Believe he was 0-1. Lost to a team with a losing record. Probably the reason the Jets missed the play offs :)

Technically, Geno didnt start the game so his record is 0-0.  2ndly, if you project his numbers from that Oakland game he'd have a better season statisically than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

And the reason why we missed the playoffs is because we lost to the Texans 3rd string QB and got swept by the Bills. I dont recall Geno starting in any of those games. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Technically, Geno didnt start the game so his record is 0-0.  2ndly, if you project his numbers from that Oakland game he'd have a better season statisically than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

And the reason why we missed the playoffs is because we lost to the Texans 3rd string QB and got swept by the Bills. I dont recall Geno starting in any of those games. 

Bravo bravo hear hear........

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

... the 2015 Jets was one of the most talented group of players the Jets have ever had.

So the 2016 Jets, with improvements at every position of need, should be even better then, talent-wise, right?

Excellent, nice to see some folks aren't preemptively using the "he had no talent around him" argument for Geno in 2016.  

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He wasnt the starter. The question only works if the guy is on the field. 

I know, but when one deals with certain folk, you can't leave too much wiggle room .

You did and I took it .

Example : Warfish knows Decker was hurt for the better part of the year starting with the 2nd half of the 2 game when the Jets had the big lead and lost it. He also knows that Decker was in and out of the lineup due to his injury making him a shell of himself until late in the year .  That didn't stop him from stating that Decker started 15 games .

Folks will use whatever they have to just to prove what ever point they want .  

Just now, Tinstar said:

I know, but when one deals with certain folk, you can't leave too much wiggle room .

You did and I took it .

Example : Warfish knows Decker was hurt for the better part of the year starting with the 2nd half of the 2 game when the Jets had the big lead and lost it. He also knows that Decker was in and out of the lineup due to his injury making him a shell of himself until late in the year .  That didn't stop him from stating that Decker started 15 games .

Folks will use whatever they have to just to prove what ever point they want .  

Decker was hurt the injury lingered all season Gates and Nelson were the WR corps 

Archived