If Eric Weddle goes to the Patriots*...

jetscrazey

Their secondary will overtake the Jets in terms of talent.  Word is he wants to go to New England if they're willing to make a legit offer.  McCourty and Weddle could be the best safety duo this league has seen in years.  And Malcolm Butler should continue to improve at CB too.  In a passing league, to have that offensive passing game combined with that secondary is going to be very hard to beat.  This potential signing worries me more than any other.

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Their secondary will overtake the Jets in terms of talent.  Word is he wants to go to New England if they're willing to make a legit offer.  McCourty and Weddle could be the best safety duo this league has seen in years.  And Malcolm Butler should continue to improve at CB too.  In a passing league, to have that offensive passing game combined with that secondary is going to be very hard to beat.  This potential signing worries me more than any other.

I don't think  you have to worry about that because Eric Weddle is probably going to be a Raider , or Steeler.     Those are the two teams it's  probably down to, and getting a chance to play twice against the Chargers might be what eventually  sways him to sign with Oakland.

9 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I'm shaking in my shoes

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I don't think  you have to worry about that because Eric Weddle is probably going to be a Raider , or Steeler.     Those are the two teams it's  probably down to, and getting a chance to play twice against the Chargers might be what eventually  sways him to sign with Oakland.

Oh great, Pats are getting Weddle.

10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

They're not even the best safeties at their respective positions, let alone top duo. 

It's Earl Thomas at FS, and Kam Chancellor at SS. And they happen to play on the same team, and have made a slightly above average Richard Sherman look like a superstar. 

In fact, it's not even close.

Let the pats have the aging weddle to go along with the most overrated CB in the league malcom butler, and a solid but not spectacular mccourty. I guarantee Marshall, Deck, Forte, Powell, and even Amaro are salivating at that proposition. 

Archived