ESPN Predictions for Jets at 20

BklynJetsFan85

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

This draft sucks.  Worst talent level I can remember in years.

It's so bad, there is legit conversation about a CB who had 3 career INT's in college going possibly #1 overall.

WTF?

Yet Glennon isn't worth a first rd pick. He's only better than all of the first round rated qb's except Wentz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jett said:

I say if Lynch is there they need to really think about taking him. He's a quarterback and we need one.  

You all need to educate yourselves on lynch and watch the throwing drills he did at the combine he looked bad 

IF we stay at 20, and IF we aren't in love with a QB who falls to us there....

My # 1 choice would be Decker.  He's coming from a zone blocking scheme, and seems like the type who could start at RT but eventually maybe become a LT.  Which is kind of perfect for us right now.  We'd be able to cut Breno in the short-term and in the long-term make him Brick's successor.  He might not be the BPA at that spot, but I'd have to think he'd be high enough on our board to bite the bullet and select him there.  We need to figure out our OT situation eventually (actually we're long overdue), and decisions that "can be made later" need to be made now.  No one in hindsight regrets that time we took two OL in the first round.

14 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

You all need to educate yourselves on lynch and watch the throwing drills he did at the combine he looked bad 

Look I'm not saying he's our savior or anything, but if he's there they need to do their due diligence and think about taking him. The combine is not the end all and be all, far  from it.  If it was, Brady, Brees, Bridgewater etc etc would all have been undrafted. Look it up,  they had terrible combines. There's plenty more. 

I'm just saying he's got a lot of great qualities, but I do understand the concern with him as well. He's a big question mark and a project. But I do like the upside. 

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Dude Lynch sucks.  Played in a one read spread offense that is producing a lot of bad pro qb's right now. 

Watch the the combine highlights of him he had difficulty with accuracy he struggled to hit open receivers playing shorts and a t-shirt

Does the name Teddy Bridgewater mean anything to you?  Lynch was THE TOP QB  a few months ago before all the scrutiny from the experts dropped him down to being the 3rd best QB coming into the draft.  He looks the part and hasn't displayed any questionable behavior.  Or would you rather go with a trio of Fitz/McGowan/Hoyer, Geno, Petty for the next few years.  Who would you like and what would you give up? I'm all ears. 

1 hour ago, jett said:

Look I'm not saying he's our savior or anything, but if he's there they need to do their due diligence and think about taking him. The combine is not the end all and be all, far  from it.  If it was, Brady, Brees, Bridgewater etc etc would all have been undrafted. Look it up,  they had terrible combines. There's plenty more. 

I'm just saying he's got a lot of great qualities, but I do understand the concern with him as well. He's a big question mark and a project. But I do like the upside. 

If you watch Lynch's highlights at Memphis he's almost always locking onto his first progression.  

I think he's a glorified Tebow.

30 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Does the name Teddy Bridgewater mean anything to you?  Lynch was THE TOP QB  a few months ago before all the scrutiny from the experts dropped him down to being the 3rd best QB coming into the draft.  He looks the part and hasn't displayed any questionable behavior.  Or would you rather go with a trio of Fitz/McGowan/Hoyer, Geno, Petty for the next few years.  Who would you like and what would you give up? I'm all ears. 

Bridge water had a bad workout only because he wasn't used to throwing without gloves.  I defended Bridgewater when that happened.

You guys who think Lynch is good are going to be eating some major crow.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Bridge water had a bad workout only because he wasn't used to throwing without gloves.  I defended Bridgewater when that happened.

Lynch is gonna be a dog.  I'd rather move up for Wentz/Goff.  Geez, we have a 20 and Mo, which should be a good start towards moving up. It's time to get that QB.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Lynch is gonna be a dog.  I'd rather move up for Wentz/Goff.  Geez, we have a 20 and Mo, which should be a good start towards moving up. It's time to get that QB.

If we lose Mo our defense takes a hit since we also lost Snacks.

I'm amazed how Lynch actually is taken seriously by some people here as a franchise qb yet Cardale Jones may end up being a better pro and would cost only a 4th round pick.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I'm amazed how Lynch actually is taken seriously by some people here as a franchise qb yet Cardale Jones may end up being a better pro and would cost only a 4th round pick.

Oh wow ok cardale Jones? 

39 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

If you watch Lynch's highlights at Memphis he's almost always locking onto his first progression.  

And you hated Mariotta, think he can't play in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Well, you can't evaluate.

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

After Geno leads us to a 3-13 record, we will have an opportunity to draft a QB with the #1 pick. 

Actually wouldn't mind this outcome.  Tough though.  Geno got 8 wins his rookie season w/worse talent surrounding him.  On the other hand, schedule is extremely tough this year.

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

He will be a better pro than Lynch

You're basing this off what, 5 total games he played in college? You do realize how crazy that is. Like I've said, I don't know if Lynch is going to be good, I'm saying he has good potential.  Jones does to don't get me wrong has a ridiculously strong arm but... He barely played at all dude. 

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

And you hated Mariotta, think he can't play in the NFL.

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

After Geno leads us to a 3-13 record, we will have an opportunity to draft a QB with the #1 pick. 

He led us to 8 wins, as a rookie, with a lot less talent than the team has today.  

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Bridgewater had a horrible pro,day because he sucked that day.  Gloves were an excuse.  He had about as bad a pro,day as there ever was.  Happens. Think the point is it can be meaningless in the big picture.  Like Jamarcus Russell having an incredibly good pro day.  

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How many starter/immediate impact QBs get drafted in the 20s who aren't viewed as a project?  When are we going to draft a QB?  Have to eventually draft a QB

We drafted Petty, sign a veteran or trade for one and develop Petty - simple. We drafted him. What was point if we aren't going to develop him?

8 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

We drafted Petty, sign a veteran or trade for one and develop Petty - simple. We drafted him. What was point if we aren't going to develop him?

If they draft a QB it's because they know he's not their guy.  You don't put all your eggs in the basket of an unproven, 4th round pick.  See Ron Wolf, Charlie Casserly 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they draft a QB it's because they know he's not their guy.  You don't put all your eggs in the basket of an unproven, 4th round pick.  See Ron Wolf, Charlie Casserly 

You also don't draft a guy with a first rounder who wont give an immediate impact - if you're drafting a QB - do it in 2nd/3rd round if you believe the potential is there... If Lynch were so good he would be gone before 20. We have other pressing needs - if there's an OLB pass rusher or either Conklin or Decker there at 20 - u make the decision - do we go Defense or Offense.

5 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

You also don't draft a guy with a first rounder who wont give an immediate impact - if you're drafting a QB - do it in 2nd/3rd round if you believe the potential is there... If Lynch were so good he would be gone before 20. We have other pressing needs - if there's an OLB pass rusher or either Conklin or Decker there at 20 - u make the decision - do we go Defense or Offense.

Really?  You mean like the Packers picked  Rodgers at 24?  Guess taking a QB in the first that they knew wouldn't contribute was a wasted pick! 

Or Pennington, who then sat for 3 seasons ?

And because 19 teams ahead either didn't need a QB or made a mistake in evaluating a player we should stay away from that player?  Couldn't you say that about every player available when we pick?  Why wasn't he taken before 20? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  You mean like the Packers did with Rodgers?  

And because 19 teams ahead either didn't need a QB or made a mistake in evaluating a player we should stay away from that player?  Couldn't you say that about every player available when we pick?  Why wasn't he taken before 20? 

The Packers had Farve, one the the greatest QBs ever to play the game and Rodgers rode the bench for 3 years... the packers were in a position to do that... we aren't.

Let's face it - this is a weak QB class. outside the top 2 QBs it's really a toss up of who will be good and who wont be... i dont want to take such a huge risk on a qb at 20 in first round if there are good pass rushers or one of those two OTs still on board

22 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

The Packers had Farve, one the the greatest QBs ever to play the game and Rodgers rode the bench for 3 years... the packers were in a position to do that... we aren't.

So which is it?  Stick to a theory.  Either a 20 has to contribute today or he doesn't.  They had Favre, knew he wasn't going anywhere soon and used a 1st to back up Favre.  But we can't pick possibly our next QB because?  Because he'll take a year to contribute? Like pretty much ever QB ever taken?  That we'll eventually have to wait on?  

Not getting the consistency of your argument.  Just as I don't know or care how many fans complain that there are only 2 QBs in this draft.  Because with a handful of games left in the season, Lynch was most people's top QB.  Now it's Wentz.  Or is it Goff? 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So which is it?  Stick to a theory.  Either a 20 has to contribute today or he doesn't.  They had Favre, knew he wasn't going anywhere soon and used a 1st to back up Favre.  But we can't pick possibly our next QB because?  Because he'll take a year to contribute? Like pretty much ever QB ever taken?  That we'll eventually have to wait on?  

Not getting the consistency of your argument.  Just as I don't know or care how many fans complain that there are only 2 QBs in this draft.  Because with a handful of games left in the season, Lynch was most people's top QB.  Now it's Wentz.  Or is it Goff? 

I have to ask if you're slow or maybe mentally disabled that you couldn't get my point - they had farve... outstanding qb to learn behind. We dont have that - nor do we have the luxury to waste a 1st rounder on a qb that shouldn't get picked til at least the mid 2nd round... unless Goff or Wentz magically drop i wouldn't touch any of the QBs. Keep developing Petty and address issues that will last for us like getting a tackle who can be a cornerstone of our franchise for next 10 years or a pass rusher with a ton of potential - we have a solid defense already... but we need a pass rusher... we aint getting a franchise qb in this weak class - unless we draft late and get a gift from the football Gods (aka tom brady 7th round type sh*t)

22 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I have to ask if you're slow or maybe mentally disabled that you couldn't get my point - they had farve... outstanding qb to learn behind. We dont have that - nor do we have the luxury to waste a 1st rounder on a qb that shouldn't get picked til at least the mid 2nd round... unless Goff or Wentz magically drop i wouldn't touch any of the QBs. Keep developing Petty and address issues that will last for us like getting a tackle who can be a cornerstone of our franchise for next 10 years or a pass rusher with a ton of potential - we have a solid defense already... but we need a pass rusher... we aint getting a franchise qb in this weak class - unless we draft late and get a gift from the football Gods (aka tom brady 7th round type sh*t)

Slow or mentally disabled?  GFY, you're the moron who claimed you don't take a QB at 20 and you also don't take a player who doesn't contribute in year 1 in the first.

We ain't getting a franchise QB at 20?  That's exactly what the 23 teams that passed on Rodgers thought. Instead or spinning the story to fit you argument.  

Why can't morons just say, you're right?  instead of calling others slow.  

Out of the 4 that ESPN listed, I'd prefer Spence. If you actually watch game tape between Spence and Floyd, Spence is the superior player. Floyd looks like another Barkevious Mingo to me. 

I'd be fine with Taylor Decker at 20, I think he will eventually be able to play LT. 

Eli Apple is talented, but he needs refinement and frankly, unless its an edge rusher, I don't want to go defense in the first round. 

I also think the Jets may try to trade up for Goff if he makes it past San Francisco. 

15 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I think it's more that the league is riddled with wrong guesses. No sense in betting the farm on Petty, who - after a full season - hasn't given the coach + GM enough confidence to say anything positive about him without an even greater amount of criticism.

Basically, if Petty develops into the starter we'd all love, and another QB draft pick is made just in case he doesn't, we should be able to live with that. It's taken so long to get a (good) franchise QB I wouldn't bemoan an extra bump in the road to get there. Besides, if a 2016 high pick prospect is any good, but wholly unneeded because of Petty, we could always trade him for a higher pick than we used to take him in the first place.

Archived