NFL network talking Geno Smith and Jets options at QB

AFJF

Ladanian Tomlinson speculating Jets believe in Geno but also says everything else "should be shut down" if the Jets can get Glennon because he offers them the best chance.

Willie McGinist after watching Geno's film, "we know what he is" and Jets should look at acquiring somebody with more upside like Sam Bradford or Kaepernick.  Wouldn't rush to make Geno the starter after seeing a sizable amount of play from him and know what you have already.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think the FO know what they have with Geno, and he's not option A in Macc's plan.

I could see a Draft day trade for Villans boy, if Macc's not taken by any of the QB prospects. I'm waiting for the dominos to start to fall.

The Mo situation, D'Brick, Fitz, it's likely to be the dead zone until the draft unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Ladanian Tomlinson speculating Jets believe in Geno but also says everything else "should be shut down" if the Jets can get Glennon because he offers them the best chance.

Willie McGinist after watching Geno's film, "we know what he is" and Jets should look at acquiring somebody with more upside like Sam Bradford or Kaepernick.  Wouldn't rush to make Geno the starter after seeing a sizable amount of play from him and know what you have already.

z7r_Q8.gif

33 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I do think the FO know what they have with Geno, and he's not option A in Macc's plan.

I could see a Draft day trade for Villans boy, if Macc's not taken by any of the QB prospects. I'm waiting for the dominos to start to fall.

The Mo situation, D'Brick, Fitz, it's likely to be the dead zone until the draft unfortunately. 

True. The first 2 nights of the draft have the potential to be quite entertaining if you're a Jets fans. Could be alot of movement. 

You could see the Jets trading up, trading down, trading Mo to the Raiders, trading for Glennon etc. As long as we draft a couple Tackles and a Center I'll be happy. 

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

As much as I'd love to see Glennon, until they pull their offer from Fitz, he's option A and has been given the starting job.   Geno is only the guy if Fitz walks and Mac can't pull off a deal for another QB.  Geno would have an outside chance at beating out Hoyer or McCown but far from a lock.

You're right, lots of questions that need to be answered but unlikely to be until the draft and the days that follow.

I dunno, I'd rather keep our 4th rounder and use it.

I think the Jets with Glennon and one fewer draft pick this year boxes us in to Glennon as QB for the next 2 years. Whereas, Fitz on the right contract, allows you to start him until one of the developmental guys takes the job. So, keeping our 4th this year allows us to take a QB in one of the first 4 rounds who has more upside, potentially, than Glennon.

I guess what I'm saying is:

Fitz + 2nd round QB + 4th round ILB >>>>> Glennon + 2nd round ??? 

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Good thing you included that picture.  Really hammers the point home.  Question though, is the brain multicolored IRL?  Never seen one before.

No that picture was for instructional purposes heres a real pic of the brain,not Macc's or Bowles but similar. 

brain_2.jpg

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Good thing you included that picture.  Really hammers the point home.  Question though, is the brain multicolored IRL?  Never seen one before.

I actually see brain quite often and can, in fact, confirm that the coloring is quite accurate. I'm assuming this image was taken from one of joewilly's medical journals.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I actually see brain quite often and can, in fact, confirm that the coloring is quite accurate. I'm assuming this image was taken from one of joewilly's medical journals.

No it was taken off the internet I'm not  in the medical profession or do I portray to be.

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

That brain belongs to a bandwagon fan with no team loyalty obviously. Ours have only green matter.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Heres a picture of a brain could be Macc's could be Bowles how anyone can say they  know what the Jets think of Geno or what the plans are is ridiculous and pure speculation.

brain.jpg

Especially when there's no link -- just an agenda-driven OP with zero cred. 

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I dunno, I'd rather keep our 4th rounder and use it.

I think the Jets with Glennon and one fewer draft pick this year boxes us in to Glennon as QB for the next 2 years. Whereas, Fitz on the right contract, allows you to start him until one of the developmental guys takes the job. So, keeping our 4th this year allows us to take a QB in one of the first 4 rounds who has more upside, potentially, than Glennon.

I guess what I'm saying is:

Fitz + 2nd round QB + 4th round ILB >>>>> Glennon + 2nd round ??? 

No way in hell do I want to lock down a 33 year old journeyman QB for years we have too many other glaring needs id rather roll the dice with Geno or Petty or the rookie phenom we draft after a draft day trade. 

Fitzpatrick gave us a great season he's a quality guy class act but he wants too much damn money and brings nothing to the table but a decent season with an easy schedule. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell do I want to lock down a 33 year old journeyman QB for years we have too many other glaring needs id rather roll the dice with Geno or Petty or the rookie phenom we draft after a draft day trade. 

Fitzpatrick gave us a great season he's a quality guy class act but he wants too much damn money and brings nothing to the table but a decent season with an easy schedule. 

I'm glad you've decided to start sharing your opinion on this finally.

20 minutes ago, jetrider said:

That brain belongs to a bandwagon fan with no team loyalty obviously. Ours have only green matter.

Green matter, eh? Maybe that explains the mouth breathing and other fine qualities that I'd previously only thought could be cause by incest.

13 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Especially when there's no link -- just an agenda-driven OP with zero cred. 

You know, not every teevee segment ends up being a youtube clip that can be linked to. Sometimes, you just have to relay what they said on the show. I could tell right away that @AFJF clearly watched this segment, thought to himself, "I'm going to relay this, but then CHANGE it to fit my agenda... mwahahahahahahhahahahaha..."

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Green matter, eh? Maybe that explains the mouth breathing and other fine qualities that I'd previously only thought could be cause by incest.

You know, not every teevee segment ends up being a youtube clip that can be linked to. Sometimes, you just have to relay what they said on the show. I could tell right away that @AFJF clearly watched this segment, thought to himself, "I'm going to relay this, but then CHANGE it to fit my agenda... mwahahahahahahhahahahaha..."

It's a nice effort on your part Integrity, but not worth your time at this point.  This kid doesn't even read what I type, he just stares at his computer waiting for me to say something so he can comment.

My OP even mentions the fact that Tomlinson thinks the Jets still have faith in Geno.  Clearly agenda driven as I've spent most of this week showing all of the reasons I don't think the Jets believe in him at all.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

It's a nice effort on your part Integrity, but not worth your time at this point.  This kid doesn't even read what I type, he just stares at his computer waiting for me to say something so he can comment.

My OP even mentions the fact that Tomlinson thinks the Jets still have faith in Geno.  Clearly agenda driven as I've spent most of this week showing all of the reasons I don't think the Jets believe in him at all.

but, but... i was coming to your rescue!!!!

Just now, Integrity28 said:

but, but... i was coming to your rescue!!!!

Much appreciated, sir, but the only thing that rescues anyone from somebody who conducts themselves the way he does is ignoring.  May have taken part back when I was a teenager, but not so much nowadays.

You're correct, no links to the discussion, I literally started the thread when the segment started and summarized the comments from LT and McGinist as they were saying them.

Wasn't surprised at all to hear LT say Glennon would be better and McGinist saying the Jets know what he is and should look to upgrade. 

I heard something yesterday on sirius Xm NFL channel on the 2 min drill update stating Glennon is no longer available for a trade according to Tampa's GM. Found it strange because he just recently said he was available for a 1st. Just kind of found it odd. Don't know if that means anything or not. Maybe they haven't had an offer they liked or maybe somethings in the works.  This is the hardest part of the offseason trying to decipher all these mixed messages and mock drafts. I know teams need time to do their work on the guys but damn the waiting drives me nuts. The draft is way to late in April for me.

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I heard something yesterday on sirius Xm NFL channel on the 2 min drill update stating Glennon is no longer available for a trade according to Tampa's GM. Found it strange because he just recently said he was available for a 1st. Just kind of found it odd. Don't know if that means anything or not. Maybe they haven't had an offer they liked or maybe somethings in the works. 

Funny, first story I saw on NFL network this morning is that Bucs are "deciding if they want to keep him or not" which is just silly because if they keep him, he walks during the offseason.

Also saw a story a few days ago with TB GM denying that the asking price was a 1st.

12 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I heard something yesterday on sirius Xm NFL channel on the 2 min drill update stating Glennon is no longer available for a trade according to Tampa's GM. Found it strange because he just recently said he was available for a 1st. Just kind of found it odd. Don't know if that means something or not. Maybe they haven't had an offer they liked or maybe somethings in the works. 

Tampa's GM has been saying alot. IMO only to drive up the cost. Licht said that he was willing to keep Glennon as the back up and even pay him 6 million a year in order to maintain the role. Im not sure if he was serious or not, given what the Eagles are paying their two QB's, but I think the Bucs want to get something in return thats more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

Alot of articles that have associated the Jets with Glennon in their reports have constantly said that "a 4th round pick should more than do the trick for the trade". I just dont believe that. I think the Bucs GM has been spewing a bit of hyperbole, but I think that he honestly respects Glennon's game and know's that he could be a respectable starter in this league. And if that's your thoughts, you dont let him go for a 4th round pick. You're better off taking your chances by keeping him and hoping that you can get a 3rd round comp pick in return. Atleast you have a guy who you respect backing up your new QB for yet another year. 

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I heard something yesterday on sirius Xm NFL channel on the 2 min drill update stating Glennon is no longer available for a trade according to Tampa's GM. Found it strange because he just recently said he was available for a 1st. Just kind of found it odd. Don't know if that means anything or not. Maybe they haven't had an offer they liked or maybe somethings in the works. 

Not available because the trade to the Jets is done! Just waiting to confirm it with Villain.:D

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Funny, first story I saw on NFL network this morning is that Bucs are "deciding if they want to keep him or not" which is just silly because if they keep him, he walks during the offseason.

Also saw a story a few days ago with TB GM denying that the asking price was a 1st.

Interesting, this is the kind of stuff that makes me crazy. The draft is way too late in April for me. I wonder what the hell is up with the Glennon situation I personally would like us to make a move for him. Time will tell. Thanks for the update.

While I've never been sold on Glennon and have thought some of the trade suggestions to be utterly ridiculous I think he could be competitive with this team and unlike Fitz has the potential to improve. Wouldn't have him at Fitz's level right now but I'd give him a chance. He has only one year left on his deal so giving up more than a 4th rounder would be assinine.

He'd be intriguing but I'd rather go Lynch at #20 than give up anything significant, and I'm not even too high on Lynch. I genuinely don't think Glennon ever showed anything beyond being a game manager so he'd have to improve to get the job long term.

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

While I've never been sold on Glennon and have thought some of the trade suggestions to be utterly ridiculous I think he could be competitive with this team and unlike Fitz has the potential to improve. Wouldn't have him at Fitz's level right now but I'd give him a chance. He has only one year left on his deal so giving up more than a 4th rounder would be assinine.

He'd be intriguing but I'd rather go Lynch at #20 than give up anything significant, and I'm not even too high on Lynch. I genuinely don't think Glennon ever showed anything beyond being a game manager so he'd have to improve to get the job long term.

Glennon is a much better option than anything the Jets have on their roster and does have the ability to improve as opposed to any of the recycled veterans that are available.  For that reason, he is the best option for 2016, provided he wont cost a high draft pick to get AND the Jets don't believe that any of the QB's that they can get at #20 are franchise type QB's.  If it were up to me, I'd take Lynch at #20 over trading for Glennon, but I would be ok with Glennon over just about anyone else. 

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I can respect your thoughts on more than a 4th being too much for him. I just believe that if thats the highest we're willing to go then he wont be a Jet. Im of the opinion that if I feel like he could be a difference maker then im willing to put money on it. Im not saying a 1st or 2nd, but I'd put a 3rd on it just to show Glennon what I think of him and also let the Bucs know that if you are trading him you're trading him to the Jets. 

My main reason is basically what you said, he has more upside. Example, look how some people support Fitz...well that was a guy who a year ago was just traded for a 6th round pick. Now if we knew what we knew today a year ago and instead of 6th rounder the Texans instead asked for a 5th....would we do it? Well with hindsight this is pretty easy. 

With that said though, I think that its more of the offensive system than it is Fitzpatrick. I think matching Glennon with not just the system but the coach behind the system would make the price of getting Glennon worth it...not to mention the talent around him. Furthermore, I flatout think Glennon is a better quarterback. 

I think where Fitzpatrick will obviously be missed (if we get Glennon) is in the run game. Glennon isnt a scrambler for yards, at all. He can hold his own for the most part in the pocket but he's not going to have alot of 10+ scrambles for you. However, I think where Glennon will make up for it is with his throwing. The guy is not limited when it comes to arm strength and he's more accurate than his numbers will suggest. Many of his incomplete passes were drops by WR's. 

Glennon will also help develop a guy like Devin Smith, who now can serve a role and be an actual threat on the field which could then open up the intermediate part of the field for guys like Enunwa and Amaro even more. Bringing back Fitzpatrick means that we might as well hang it up for Devin Smith because he will not be a factor. Glennon will expand the passing offense, and he's also not afraid to check it down too, and having Forte on the field when teams have to respect the deep ball will leave him ALOT of space to work with after the first missed tackle. 

I can see this happening. 

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Lynch at 20 is just another trial and error and pick id rather a  position player who can make an immediate impact and start for us for years instead of a not so certain QB again,unless of course the Jets feel Lynch could be the longterm answer which I'm not sure they do. 

Archived