Buzz: Jets Players Have 'Major' Concerns with Current QB Depth Chart

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So there were 25 QB's that threw for 4000 yards had 31 TD's and threw 23 TD's in the redzone with only 1 Int ?

Please list them

Thanks

What other teams played an easy schedule like the Jets did,please list them. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fitz set Jet records as a QB but in the arena league era.  And he barely broke the records too.  I'd take 1999 Vinny over Fitz any day.

you mean he barely broke the records? what a bum. geno is way better. he didn't break any records, but if he did, he would shatter them. pick us up a coupla testaverdes while you are at the qb depot while you are at it. you know, in case 1 of them blows out an Achilles or something

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So there were 25 QB's that threw for 4000 yards had 31 TD's and threw 23 TD's in the redzone with only 1 Int ?

Please list them

Thanks

Fitz didnt throw for 4,000 yards.

Or complete 60% of his passes.

31 TDs is his big accomplishment.  3,900 yards impresses no one

Just now, ylekram said:

you mean he barely broke the records? what a bum. geno is way better. he didn't break any records, but if he did, he would shatter them. pick us up a coupla testaverdes while you are at the qb depot while you are at it. you know, in case 1 of them blows out an Achilles or something

Not saying I'm a Geno fan.  Just that I don't want to overpay Fitz.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What other teams played an easy schedule like the Jets did,please list them. 

stop digging up bullsh*t. The Jets played that schedule as a team and to be honest no NFL game is an easy one, you have to come prepared every week. Are we talking team concept here or QB's ? make up your mind

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not saying I'm a Geno fan.  Just that I don't want to overpay Fitz.

I don't think any fan of any team wants any FO to overpay for any player...JMO of course.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

stop digging up bullsh*t. The Jets played that schedule as a team and to be honest no NFL game is an easy one, you have to come prepared every week. Are we talking team concept here or QB's ? make up your mind

Geno's Jets played the Steel Curtain every single week.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

With all due respect they beat 2 teams with winning records the schedule was soft and Fitzpatrick benefited from it.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

with no weapinzz and weekly hurricanes and blizzards

Had to throw left-handed too.  I just extrapolated his numbers from his most recent NFL start against the Dolphins, and the data tells me he'll throw for 64 TD's....pull the offer Mac...Geno's gonna' tear up the record books!!

Hang on...stop the presses!!  Geno did that with nothing but guards and tackles playing WR...with capable WR's, we'll see the league's first ever 100 TD passer. Stop making Fitz your top priority Mac...JN knows better!

Please list them

Thanks

There were only 4 QB's who threw more INT's than Fitz.

There were only 3 QB's who had a lower completion percentage than Fitz.

Jets need to sign the guy for 15-18MM.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Of all the starting QB's, how many scored more points than Fitz?

How come we never hear or read about New England Patriot players showing concern about the decisions BB and Kraft make  in the sports news,because if they did they would be former players the next day thats why. 

How about the players worry about themselves and doing their damn jobs. 

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Had to throw left-handed too.  I just extrapolated his numbers from his most recent NFL start against the Dolphins, and the data tells me he'll throw for 64 TD's....pull the offer Mac...Geno's gonna' tear up the record books!!

Hang on...stop the presses!!  Geno did that with nothing but guards and tackles playing WR...with capable WR's, we'll see the league's first ever 100 TD passer. Stop making Fitz your top priority Mac...JN knows better!

Are you done crying yet? Remember our wager, fitz wins 10 games here next season or you donate $100 to JN. That is if he decides to rescue the jets by taking the insulting offer of less than $16M 

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Look it up.

But I'll give you a hint; Fitz wasn't even in the top 10 in that measure as well.

I don't have to.  I know the answer.  He was better than 20 other starters.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How come we never hear or read about New England Patriot players showing concern about the decisions BB and Kraft make  in the sports news,because if they did they would be former players the next day thats why. 

How about the players worry about themselves and doing their damn jobs. 

They might do it, but most of us are Jets fans so we're not completely up to speed on the goings-on in Foxboro.

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Are you done crying yet? Remember our wager, fitz wins 10 games here next season or you donate $100 to JN. That is if he decides to rescue the jets by taking the insulting offer of less than $16M 

Why would I be crying?  Fitz is coming back, and Geno will reclaim his spot on the bench if he's lucky.  Probably gonna' be dumped and picked up by the Browns.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Why would I be crying?  Fitz is coming back, and Geno will reclaim his spot on the bench if he's lucky.  Probably gonna' be dumped and picked up by the Browns.

Where are the Jets getting the money to sign Fitzpatrick? 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Where are the Jets getting the money to sign Fitzpatrick? 

I dunno...I guess Mac is gonna' pull that offer off the table then, huh?  Odd since he's still saying they want Fitz back and he's their top priority.  This dude clearly has no idea what he's doing.  He's gonna' go over the salary cap to sign a QB who isn't worth signing at vet minimum.  FireMikeyMac.com.

The NFL should make some kind of rule where contracts can be re-worked.

16 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

C'mon Tex this is a silly argument.  I have seen nobody on here who's advocating a 5yr 92 M deal.  50 guaranteed.

Nearly everyone wants to see Fitz get a 8 or so M bridge contract, and hope one of the kids can supplant him before his contract is up.

Fitz has only one card to play.  He's been on the team, and he knows how much they don't want smith to start.  He'll probably get a few more M out of that then they should pay him.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I don't care what happens to geno but good for you buddy. Remember that's 10 wins or $100

11 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I don't care what happens to geno but good for you buddy. Remember that's 10 wins or $100

I did forget about that TBH....too busy thinking about how the Jets are going to do this season on the field than a few bucks in my pocket.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Talk about a slam dunk win bet.

Not a snow balls chance in hell Fitz even comes close to winning 10 games next year.

What happens first?  Fitz wins ten games again, or Brady wins a SB that doesn't result in a lost draft pick at some point?  Not gonna' lie..that's a tough one.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I did forget about that TBH....too busy thinking about how the Jets are going to do this season on the field than a few bucks in my pocket.

Football doesn't make you think about gambling? Maybe it's just me then ;)

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

What happens first?  Fitz wins ten games again, or Brady wins a SB that doesn't result in a lost draft pick at some point?  Not gonna' lie..that's a tough one.

I'd much rather support a guy that has class and maximizes his limited physical tools overba prima donna cheater who gets suspended any day. 

Just now, cant wait said:

Football doesn't make you think about gambling? Maybe it's just me then ;)

Only during the season.  During the off-season I just worry about the Jets putting the best possible roster together, and it's infinitely satisfying to hear the Jets FO say repeatedly that Fitz is their top priority.  So glad Mac is in charge.  If it were Idzik or Tanny, Geno would've been given a 7-year extension by now.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Only during the season.  During the off-season I just worry about the Jets putting the best possible roster together, and it's infinitely satisfying to hear the Jets FO say repeatedly that Fitz is their top priority.  So glad Mac is in charge.  If it were Idzik or Tanny, Geno would've been given a 7-year extension by now.

Agreed about Mac. Good negotiations take time, I'm sure things will work out fine. Training camp should be very interesting this year

I'd much rather support a guy that has class and maximizes his limited physical tools overba prima donna cheater who gets suspended any day. 

So, you would rather have a QB who has never sniffed the playoffs in his 11 year career versus a 4-time Super Bowl winning QB?

Be careful, don't hurt yourself getting off your high white horse.

7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Agreed about Mac. Good negotiations take time, I'm sure things will work out fine. Training camp should be very interesting this year

Things work out if Fitz comes back, he mentors the kids, and one of them takes the job from him after mid-season or no later than next season.  Otherwise, it's Geno acting as "mentor" to Petty and Hack.

Archived