Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

so like pulling teeth eh ? You apparently had me pegged for scum since DAY ONE now I'm scum because I missed a vote on a weekend ? You look worse and worse by the day JC talk about freaking tunnel vision with no real purpose

I popped on his radar for putting him on a list of people we hadnt hear from and it's been me and you since.  The only other effort was to question Lily on her logic but that's it...never came off me and you.  Doesnt seem like he's scum hunting, does it? 

35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

@Jetscode1  I think its obvious who I'm suspecting and I'm pretty sure JIF picked up on it. That being said I think I got my point across. BUT if it makes you happy I'll bold some votes for you below.

@JiF I guess going with the voting majority a regular lynch up to a hammer vote would bring is not the direction you want to go. I know you read my posts but you really did not answer as to whether you want to go in that direction. Your placing a lot on your shoulders to make this call IMO . This really is no different than any other game if you choose it to be. Its ultimately up to you though. Either way

Vote EY strong FOS for making up bullsh*t JC .... My only other possible option at this stage is the Nyn Buss with Hally only reason I say that is because Nyn was very passionate and at times seemed very frustrated we didn't go with her on it. She seemed impatient. Those are not strong reasons but it would be stupid to dismiss.

Edited for *your* you're* now GFY's :)

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

@JiF When it comes to Decker and EY ...at least EY is contributing to the game Decker has not had much to say in any respect at all. At some point some of these new players need to step up a bit. This game only works when people are contributing. I did notice some EY misdirection's earlier in the case of Decker maybe a Decker lynch would tell us more about EY from that perspective. If you think EY is too risky at this stage maybe the inactive is the better approach. Personally I think if Decker was to flip scum it would even strengthen my scum read on EY.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Disagree.  Everyone is contributing.  I've got pretty much a person that everyone in the game would shoot other than from Decker, AVM and you?  Cant remember if you gave me a top 3, and who you'd shoot?

I think EY and JC are scum I think Decker is contributing nothing.

Based on what I quoted above I'm fine with EY or JC but I think a Decker lynch would confirm even more for me that EY was scum based on EY;s take earlier

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think EY and JC are scum I think Decker is contributing nothing.

Based on what I quoted above I'm fine with EY or JC but I think a Decker lynch would confirm even more for me that EY was scum based on EY;s take earlier

Thanks. 

On 5/30/2016 at 7:51 PM, AVM said:

Yeah.

Ballin and Crush on no one.

80 plops a vote on Smash and admits he'll be gone for the night.  Don't feel great about Smash but moving to someone with one vote and peacing out pings.

Smash looks worse sitting on JiF -- either scummy or apathetic.

So technically I did whine that Crush wasn't voting anyone at one point.  That's a mention (and negative) of Crush, so in all fairness here it is.  Also noted the weak votes by 80 and Smash -- 80's in particular sticking out because it doesn't fit his meta.

On 5/31/2016 at 10:40 AM, gEYno said:

I'd be okay with the lynch of Hallia.  I was more interested in a random lynch when a lynch could occur without a majority, and in fact, with a real minority.  At least we can get some data from this lynch, even if minimal.  Personally, I do not have a read for her, and the bulk of the case I've heard is basically, "She's not playing how she usually does," which obviously I cannot comment on.  She's also up pretty high and hasn't offered much of a defense, at all, so for that reason I'm okay with it but on the fence.

I realize that my train isn't going to work today, but my personal belief is that I'd rather be on someone who I think is scum than someone who I don't.  With Hallia, it's really just no idea, so I can either jump on the bandwagon, or not.

This is one of the back and forths with EY regarding statistics/size of train/etc.

On 5/31/2016 at 11:06 AM, AVM said:

Totally follow you on the data logic -- I was more trying to get a gauge of where you stand on Hallia.  If you were 100% fine with her lynch it would make your lack of movement to her stick out.  I would say Nyn's point (which you also reference) in not putting up a really fight and disappearing somewhat reinforces how I feel, personally.

I also can appreciate the later and it at the very least makes you seem more genuine than say Pac and Decker.  80 is usually one of the lets avoid random crowd, so his vote and peace out stuck out a bit but overall I wasn't really leaning scum on him.  Just trying to talk all this out -- holiday weekends have always been like this and I certainly wasn't around much either, so it just makes it more difficult to gauge.

Bold is the only instance I can find where I reference Pac and Decker, who were on Crush at the time, and not liking it.  Knowing you won't be around at deadline is one thing, but putting a vote on someone who wasn't getting lynched reeked (and still does on the part of Decker).

Not the glowing defense of Crush that I was thinking I made in my head though, admittedly.

On 5/31/2016 at 2:34 PM, Lily said:

Maybe Decker can get some traction tomorrow. I came on, intending to switch, but Halli is close now, so I won't. 

Just saw this in the catch up, curious if Lily came back to Decker.

Overall thoughts on the first part of the re-read:

Deckers timing for jumping on and off trains, his placement on Crush at one deadline, and overall lack of being around still put him #1 for me

Still don't like the way 80 played the twice pushed back deadline.  Didn't get to more recent posts in this read but hated the backup kingmaker should reveal post, too.

JC is, at the very least, extremely consistent in his reads of Smash and a few others

I still would have gone Ballin or Decker in EY's shoes.  Too much of the big argumentative issues come across as town on town in retrospect, IMO.

I need to look closer at whether or not Lily came back to Decker -- if so, I'd put her middle of the pack.  If not, I think she's in a mix for 3rd.  Decker first, 80 second, and Lily/Smash/JiF/Leelou/Crush (I think I'd go that order) all sort of meshed in the middle.  I guess OMGUS with Crush? idk, if pressed I wouldn't want anyone past Smash lynched the next couple of phases.  JC comes off better to me on the re-read, Nyn/EY comes off as town v town, and Lizzie is vetted.  I think that's everyone.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AVM said:

Overall thoughts on the first part of the re-read:

Deckers timing for jumping on and off trains, his placement on Crush at one deadline, and overall lack of being around still put him #1 for me

Still don't like the way 80 played the twice pushed back deadline.  Didn't get to more recent posts in this read but hated the backup kingmaker should reveal post, too.

JC is, at the very least, extremely consistent in his reads of Smash and a few others

I still would have gone Ballin or Decker in EY's shoes.  Too much of the big argumentative issues come across as town on town in retrospect, IMO.

I need to look closer at whether or not Lily came back to Decker -- if so, I'd put her middle of the pack.  If not, I think she's in a mix for 3rd.  Decker first, 80 second, and Lily/Smash/JiF/Leelou/Crush (I think I'd go that order) all sort of meshed in the middle.  I guess OMGUS with Crush? idk, if pressed I wouldn't want anyone past Smash lynched the next couple of phases.  JC comes off better to me on the re-read, Nyn/EY comes off as town v town, and Lizzie is vetted.  I think that's everyone.

EY just creeped me out when he was king. He just pulled me in out of nowhere following Pacs lead.  Stating he had to kill me because nobody else would since nobody was talking about me yet DPR, Decker and Pac all brought me  up, scattered but enough to notice. Yet in all fairness Pac was actually kinda  somewhat moderately ok at Mafia six years ago last time EY played.  Now he is wet poop.  Lily is actually my pick for sleeper scum.  Somewhat less interested in you dying today.  I really wish I could see the case on 80.  I usually wait for him to get lose and make a move then I nail the little mother hugger. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

man I've been waiting up for you JIF I must get to bed LOL ... If its between those 2 its a tough call I didn't have 80 in my top 3 but I still feel Decker gives us info on EY as I mentioned in previous posts

That's why I like Decker but I like 80 for being scummy.  And I owe him.