Kirwan on Fitz

#bman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Come on, admit it, you and batesman are just hoping that Geno shows something so you guys can save face for all that Idzik love and support you gave over those two years.....

I actually don't hold out any hope for Geno because I think he's a mush mentally. But, Dee Milliner, Amaro, Pryor, and Sheldon all developing would make Idzik one of the top drafting GMs in the history of the Jets.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I actually don't hold out any hope for Geno because I think he's a mush mentally. But, Dee Milliner, Amaro, Pryor, and Sheldon all developing would make Idzik one of the top drafting GMs in the history of the Jets.

And what a title that is to have.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im only arguing the fact that I'd like to see Geno with some stud WR's that can bail him out. 

Its not as incredible as you allude. 

You are as bad at convincing yourself of this nonsense, than you are at convincing anyone else.

"the fact" lmfao

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe, but you're even worse at convincing me otherwise. 

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I am just pointing at how bad your arguments are and ridiculing them. I'm not actually countering them, they aren't substantiative enough to merit the effort. 

You've put yourself on par with a lot of the other jabronies that can't help but log on to wet their pants for us daily. It's a sad decline.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I am just pointing at how bad your arguments are and ridiculing them. I'm not actually countering them, they aren't substantiative enough to merit the effort. 

You've put yourself on par with a lot of the other jabronies that can't help but log on to wet their pants for us daily. It's a sad decline.

Then there's no need for me to continue reading what you're saying. I dont care what you think about my arguments, atleast as much as you care about how bad my arguments are.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Then there's no need for me to continue reading what you'r saying. I dont care what you think about my arguments, atleast as much as you care about how bad my arguments are.

Yet you do keep reading them, and you do keep trying to saying something smart back... and then I feed you more salami.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yet you do keep reading them, and you do keep trying to saying something smart back... and then I feed you more salami.

LMAO! WHAT????!!!!!

You wanting to feed dudes salami? You are indeed the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

F**k wrong with this dude. lol You're on timeout. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

LMAO! WHAT????!!!!!

You wanting to feed dudes salami? You are indeed the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

F**k wrong with this dude. lol You're on timeout. 

What's so wrong with a fatty piece of dry aged spiced meat?

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wouldn't it be nice to get a QB that doesn't have to be bailed out constantly? 

lol, in this league there are maybe 2-3 QBs that "make" their receivers, the rest of the QBs are as reliant upon the WRs as the WRs are reliant upon the QB

as long as the passes are complete... who gives a **** which end of the pass has more talent? 

we went through a stretch last year where fitz put the ball where he needed to, and Marshall tried to do too much and it cost us games... nobody wants to get rid of Marshall.

we also went through a stretch where special teams literally lost us games... nobody wants to get rid of Devin Smith.

we also went through a stretch where the defense sucked, the running game sucked and there were literally 4 players on the team doing their jobs... Marshall, Decker, Mangold and Fitz.

sh*t happens. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

If you liked Law-Talkin' Guys and Dude Law Arbitration, you'll love Hot Take Dudes, Thursdays on Fox!

This sort of thing can go pandemic in a hurry. Starts out innocently enough. Standard Ham et al. riffs like Lee's too small and Fitzpatrick's 1-6 when the defense gives up 21. Next thing you know some lunatic's running around trying to make Fitzpatrick contract offer leak double confirmation trutherism happen.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, in this league there are maybe 2-3 QBs that "make" their receivers, the rest of the QBs are as reliant upon the WRs as the WRs are reliant upon the QB

as long as the passes are complete... who gives a **** which end of the pass has more talent? 

we went through a stretch last year where fitz put the ball where he needed to, and Marshall tried to do too much and it cost us games... nobody wants to get rid of Marshall.

we also went through a stretch where special teams literally lost us games... nobody wants to get rid of Devin Smith.

we also went through a stretch where the defense sucked, the running game sucked and there were literally 4 players on the team doing their jobs... Marshall, Decker, Mangold and Fitz.

sh*t happens. 

By my count there's several QB's that would fall into that category of being able to produce without a cast of top receivers: wilson, rodgers, brady, cam, brees, flacco, rivers, ben, luck

4 hours ago, cant wait said:

By my count there's several QB's that would fall into that category of being able to produce without a cast of top receivers: wilson, rodgers, brady, cam, brees, flacco, rivers, ben, luck

But if the pass is complete then who gives a **** which side of the pass is more talented?...unless passes are not complete and your targets are Stephen Hill, Greg Salas, David Nelson, Ryan Spadola, Jeff Cumberland and Clyde Gates. Then all of a sudden we dont give a **** who's dropping the ball or can't make the acrobatic adjustment for the catch, only who's throwing them. Now everybody wants to get rid of Geno.

Funny how sh*t happens, indeed. 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Idziot sealed his fate with Geno.  Dumb and dumber.

On 5/28/2016 at 0:02 AM, cant wait said:

Rodgers WRs got hurt this year, his numbers suffered. 

Flacco went to sh*t when he lost his weaponz. Brees struggled, but didn't go to sh*t. Luck, no you're wrong. 

Rivers is on the edge, sometimes he can elevate the scrubs, other times not. He and Brees are similar. 

Cam does elevate nobodies, you're right about him. Ben can do it too.

Brady is the only QB that does it consistently.

On May 28, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Powpow said:

Idziot sealed his fate with Geno.  Dumb and dumber.

Here's a little thought experiment: explain to me why drafting Christian Hackenberg in the second was any smarter than drafting Geno in the second.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here's a little thought experiment: explain to me why drafting Christian Hackenberg in the second was any smarter than drafting Geno in the second.

I haven't been a big fan of Mac's 2 drafts or most of his moves.  Bottom line with drafting Hack it surely signifies Mac has zero confidence in Geno who will be Gone Geno Gone next year (or maybe even this year). So its more of a desperation/need attempt to strike oil.  Fitz saved Mac's butt last year but even if he didn't, Mac has lots of rope from Woody seeing how this team just didn't have a reputable QB at the position.  Mac had to do something to find a QB. I remember you even said in a post he has a few years to find one or its curtains for him. I didn't care for the choice.  I would have gone with Lynch instead.  Hack does have some interesting measurables if he can 'be fixed'. He' s in the right situation with Guru Gailey.  However, Mac has made his bed and I reckon we'll support it, for now.  

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

May or may not be

we've seen the results of Geno so already know how badly that turned out.

Hack is still to be seen

Mac  has built some leeway with his overall performance year one ... But this certainly was his most questionable pick so far

coming from a scouting background over a #'s background would also be a factor in hoping to see the results be a better choice

6 minutes ago, ljr said:

May or may not be

we've seen the results of Geno so already know how badly that turned out.

Hack is still to be seen

Translation: 

We know how Geno did with Mornhinweg. When we see how Hack does with Gailey we can compare the two.

lol

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All comes down to scouting my friend, either you can scout or you cannot scout. Many of the  "experts" predicted Geno being a top 10 pick that year, he went high second round. There were many red flags on Geno that happened to be spot on. That said, nothing dumb about drafting a physically talented QB in the second round. What was dumb was forcing him in his rookie year, and then ignoring his flaws passing on good prospects the following draft.

Hack went later in 2nd round, and has more than his fair share of red flags, let's see if Mac can scout, but neither was a dumb move. What will be equally dumb is if Mac passes on good QB prospects next draft of Hack looks like dog crap ala Geno his first year.

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Translation: 

We know how Geno did with Mornhinweg. When we see how Hack does with Gailey we can compare the two.

lol

Can you explain WTF you are getting at here? Are you suggesting if Hack looks good it will be irrelevant because of Gailey? Crack is not good for you brah

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Can you explain WTF you are getting at here? Are you suggesting if Hack looks good it will be irrelevant because of Gailey? Crack is not good for you brah

It's apples to oranges. I knew logic wasn't your thing.

Archived