Rex Ryan declares Bills winner of NFL's offseason

Larz

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I dispute that we had more talent in 2015 than the Eagles had in 2014. They had 9 Pro Bowlers including 6 on offense. Including McCoy. We had one major change and that was Marshall. 

McCoy was a shell of himself, if he made the PB that year it was all on reputation.  They had maclin who is really good but he's no Brandon marshall.  Philly had nice talent, they didn't have 2015 jets talent.

McCoy averaged 4.2 YPC, Ivory 4.3

Powell 47 recs and 2 TDs, Sproles 40 recs and 0 TDs

Maclin 85 recs and 10 TDs- marshall 109 recsd and 14 TDs, decker 80 & 12

Not that the PB means anything as McCoy didn't deserve it but he was the only offensive PBer for Philly in 2014, we had Marshall and Ivory in 2015.

we had more talent.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

McCoy was a shell of himself, if he made the PB that year it was all on reputation.  They had maclin who is really good but he's no Brandon marshall.  Philly had nice talent, they didn't have 2015 jets talent.

Not that the PB means anything as McCoy didn't deserve it but he was the only offensive PBer for Philly in 2014, we had Marshall and Ivory in 2015.

we had more talent.

Well then you could say Ivory didn't play well down the stretch then. Now all of a sudden Pro Bowlers mean nothing. By the way the Eagles were eliminated that year by a 3-11 team because Mark Sanchez threw a 4th quarter pick. I guess that was someone else's fault. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well then you could say Ivory didn't play well down the stretch then. Now all of a sudden Pro Bowlers mean nothing. By the way the Eagles were eliminated that year by a 3-11 team because Mark Sanchez threw a 4th quarter pick. I guess that was someone else's fault. 

the K missing 2 chip shot Fgs in the game played no role, right?  that wouldn't have helped in a 3 pt loss.  He did throw the INT but Wash got the ball near midfield, why couldn't the D get a stop? or at least hold them to a long FG and give the O some time to come back?

and you do know even had they won that game they still wouldn't have made the playoffs, right?

and 1 INT after leading O to 27 pts is better than 3 leading to 17 pts, right?

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we had more talent.

6 O players on the 2014 Eagles made the Pro Bowl including 3 O-linemen, Sproles and Maclin. Plus 3 D players

Just now, Rangers9 said:

6 O players on the 2014 Eagles made the Pro Bowl including 3 O-linemen, Sproles and Maclin. Plus 3 D players

1 skill guy made it for his offensive work, Sproles made it as a Special teamer.

and again the one guy that made it made it based on reputation.  he averaged 4.2 YPC w/ 5 rush TDs and no rec TDs.  our main RB averaged 4.3 YPC, had 7 rush TDs and 1 rec TD

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

the K missing 2 chip shot Fgs in the game played no role, right?  that wouldn't have helped in a 3 pt loss.  He did throw the INT but Wash got the ball near midfield, why couldn't the D get a stop? or at least hold them to a long FG and give the O some time to come back?

and you do know even had they won that game they still wouldn't have made the playoffs, right?

and 1 INT after leading O to 27 pts is better than 3 leading to 17 pts, right?

So with that logic we beat Buffalo. A shanked punt which led to a Td and a missed 30-something FG. And if he made that FG maybe they wouldn't have thrown to Decker. I mean we can do this all day. Both teams lost but we didn't have more talent.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

So with that logic we beat Buffalo. A shanked punt which led to a Td and a missed 30-something FG. And if he made that FG maybe they wouldn't have thrown to Decker. I mean we can do this all day. Both teams lost but we didn't have more talent.

why wouldn't they have thrown to Decker if we made the FG? we were already in FG range to take the lead, what would have changed?

we definitely had more talent when you factor in the health of McCoy and our top WRs were much better than theirs.

our K missed one kick in a windy stadium, their K missed 2 w/o wind.

mark was, is and always will be better than Fitz.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're just a broken record, aren't you?  

it would be ok if he was right but Maclin didn't make the pro bowl.  4 starters on O made it and 3 of them were OL, the only skill guy was McCoy who wasn't half the player he was a year earlier.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it would be ok if he was right but Maclin didn't make the pro bowl.  4 starters on O made it and 3 of them were OL, the only skill guy was McCoy who wasn't half the player he was a year earlier.

It's a never ending circle jerk.  Brings up some nonsense, it gets shot down and he just skips off to something different.  Usually comes from a blurb off someone equally clueless.  Like his newly embraced leg excuse. 

56 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Maclin did make the Pro Bowl that year as an Alternative but declined for personal reasons. As for McCoy that's just your opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Maclin did make the Pro Bowl that year as an Alternative but declined for personal reasons. As for McCoy that's just your opinion. 

he was a 3rd alternate, he didn't make the team but he deserved it over guys like McCoy.  put Maclin in and take out McCoy and it's still 1 PBer on offense.

They had nine total selections incl Alternatives. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Philadelphia_Eagles_season  Denver had the most that year with eleven. Philly was 2nd. The point is and this is my final point. You can have the last word. The 2014 Eagles did not have less talent than the 2015 Jets. They were both good teams. As for who was better, Mark in 2010 or Fitz in 2015. If you give it to Mark for those two playoff wins, ok. It's a legit argument in favor of Mark for that one year.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I will say something nice about rangers9, although I disagree with him on Fitz and we go back and forth he doesn't get nasty about it.  I appreciate that.

I'd agree with this for the most part; if he got bad here or there it was a rare occurrence. Considering all the arguments he's lost he's generally a good sport about it. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Do yourself a favor then and block me out. Talk about being a broken record. 

Me?  Lol, you've been coming up with one lame excuse for paying Fitz more than Tom Brady for months.  Embarrassing offers.  Indentured servant. Creating bad blood.  He's a top QB.  

Rex is dumb...this was council leading the witness and the witness fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Rex was talking about Buffalo's off-season and the reporter asked "so would you say you won the off-season"?   WTF else woud Rex ever say?  "No, we didn't"?  Of course he was going to preface his answer with "I'm gonna' get killed for this" right before he says "yes, I'll challenge anybody" or whatever it was.  Dummy.

16 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

They had nine total selections incl Alternatives. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Philadelphia_Eagles_season  Denver had the most that year with eleven. Philly was 2nd. The point is and this is my final point. You can have the last word. The 2014 Eagles did not have less talent than the 2015 Jets. They were both good teams. As for who was better, Mark in 2010 or Fitz in 2015. If you give it to Mark for those two playoff wins, ok. It's a legit argument in favor of Mark for that one year.

3rd alternate declining is not a pro bowler.  they had ONE skill guy on OFFENSE and that player made it on reputation but please keep showing me wikipedia.

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

Rex is dumb...this was council leading the witness and the witness fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Rex was talking about Buffalo's off-season and the reporter asked "so would you say you won the off-season"?   WTF else woud Rex ever say?  "No, we didn't"?  Of course he was going to preface his answer with "I'm gonna' get killed for this" right before he says "yes, I'll challenge anybody" or whatever it was.  Dummy.

The answer to this is so easy….

Offseason results are best graded after you have had an opportunity to play the regular season. We like what we have, we feel good about where we are, but the results have yet to play out.

He does not have to be bombastic in everything that he says, but he dumbly chooses to.

Archived