Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I hate hypocrites and liars and people that think everything revolves around them.  I hate when I put in a ton of time to figure the game out and somebody else just sh*ts on my every post.  It's why I got pissed at DPR.  Ape is doing it now.

I'm not going to go Emo...but it's annoying and wrong and a waste of my time. 

Within 2 games, you have gone borderline emo on DPR, Ape, and even Crusher.  What's the common denominator there?  Is everything OK in your world?  Do you need a hug?  I'm good at those.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Within 2 games, you have gone borderline emo on DPR, Ape, and even Crusher.  What's the common denominator there?  Is everything OK in your world?  Do you need a hug?  I'm good at those.

I went emo on DPR.  Not sure what else you're talking about.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac started out as a joke train (and for me it was a "process of elimination" vote) but it got to a point where it could prove informative.  JiF is on Pac's train as well.

Me getting lynched can be informative? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm having a hard time with what you're trying to settle here with this line of questioning.

Is it that person A accused person B of doing something he was doing himself? I think that's a routine thing and mafia, and rarely alignment indicative. Which is probably why I'm only half-ass paying attention to the Nolder/AJ line of interrogation for now. I'll look at it for sure later in the game, when we know one of their alignments. For me, especially on D1, the sh*t I look for is different.

Nuanced. Like what I've described about DPR and JIF. Subtle mistakes, contradictions, maneuvers, inferences... that's scum play to me. Catching someone being hypocritical can be as much a scum catch as it is as dumb catch.

Good post.

JIF is in full tilt.

Did he really just suggest that I'm not scum hunting, while at the same time implying that this complete pant-wetting that he's making us all watch is him scum hunting?

I'm going to remind you all of one thing, and then I'm done talking about it - because if this is JIF going back to SCUM MVP disaster mode, then the best thing to do is ignore him.

JIF says he's scum hunting, but he's ignoring Smash's scum tell. The same scum tell that he camped on for D1 of last game, and then took a HUGE victory lap for nailing Smash on. Now, he's just ignoring it to be a nice guy?

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I hate hypocrites and liars and people that think everything revolves around them.  I hate when I put in a ton of time to figure the game out and somebody else just sh*ts on my every post.  It's why I got pissed at DPR.  Ape is doing it now.

I'm not going to go Emo...but it's annoying and wrong and a waste of my time. 

100% agreed. Would you assholes please stop lying? Your ruining the game!!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont see my vote as OMGUS.  I see it as taking evidence and making a vote.

This is where you're not even worth responding to in this game.  You're blaming me for taking away from your brilliant case on DPR, calling it disruptive, yet you keep responding to me and making the noise louder. 

You think you're good at this game, but you're not.  You're ******* terrible.

Point of fact, I accused you of arguing with Crusher and drowning out my DPR case. Since it was already drown out, my choosing to prod you is not in conflict with my initial frustration that it was drowning out my DPR case. 

Additionally, drowning out the DPR case was an observation, not part of any "blame" or case I made towards you. Just stating it as fact, the fracas with you and Crusher did drown it out. My casing towards you really has nothing to do with that angle, and I question the point of you defending that in particular.

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You backed off of that pretty easy. 

I pointed out the Smash is hitting a scumtell you caught him with last game, but now you're ignoring it. You read what I said, and then basically made an excuse for why, because I caught you being inconsistent between being town and scum. Pretty simple.

You going to play like an amateur and just "huh?" everything you can't argue? Like the VTF of mafia. Pathetic.

Why are you not voting Smash?

Also, JIF says he wants to scum hunt - but he's trolling me about being terrible at the game, which has historically always ended up in an ego argument that disrupts everything.

So yea, he keeps saying he's scum hunting, but everything he's doing conflicts with the notion.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF is in full tilt.

Did he really just suggest that I'm not scum hunting, while at the same time implying that this complete pant-wetting that he's making us all watch is him scum hunting?

I'm going to remind you all of one thing, and then I'm done talking about it - because if this is JIF going back to SCUM MVP disaster mode, then the best thing to do is ignore him.

JIF says he's scum hunting, but he's ignoring Smash's scum tell. The same scum tell that he camped on for D1 of last game, and then took a HUGE victory lap for nailing Smash on. Now, he's just ignoring it to be a nice guy?

I'm a person first, scum hunter second.  I like Smash.  I want him to play.  I'm not ignoring anything.  Say it as many times as you like, doesnt make it true.  I've stated numerous times he's hitting my tell.  

You're spending a ton of time creating obstructions by diminishing my efforts and painting me in light only seen by you.  All your doing is insulting me and sh*tting on my every post.  You're already calling me a scum MVP when we have zero evidence, zero flips right now.  It appears you know I'm town and its weird.  

Not sure what to think because you're really bad at this game...but it something to keep an eye on. 

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Why are you not voting Smash?

Because, I believe JIF blind-squirreled him last game, and to me it's not a "scum tell" that I rely on for him. My point is that this is something that JIF specifically embraces as scum tell meta for Smashmouth. 

If you recall, I thought Smash was town last game, which is why I was basically defending him. So, obviously I don't personally endorse this tell, but I do know JIF holds it near and dear to his heart.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Point of fact, I accused you of arguing with Crusher and drowning out my DPR case. Since it was already drown out, my choosing to prod you is not in conflict with my initial frustration that it was drowning out my DPR case. 

Additionally, drowning out the DPR case was an observation, not part of any "blame" or case I made towards you. Just stating it as fact, the fracas with you and Crusher did drown it out. My casing towards you really has nothing to do with that angle, and I question the point of you defending that in particular.

3 posts between me and muffin top and I was drowning our your solo vote on DPR.

lmfao - cant make this sh*t up.  You're a strange dude. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm a person first, scum hunter second.  I like Smash.  I want him to play.  I'm not ignoring anything.  Say it as many times as you like, doesnt make it true.  I've stated numerous times he's hitting my tell.  

You're spending a ton of time creating obstructions by diminishing my efforts and painting me in light only seen by you.  All your doing is insulting me and sh*tting on my every post.  You're already calling me a scum MVP when we have zero evidence, zero flips right now.  It appears you know I'm town and its weird.  

Not sure what to think because you're really bad at this game...but it something to keep an eye on. 

Here comes a third helping of OMGUS.

Awful.

Point of fact, I said there's high probability that when you act this scummy, you could be scum or scum MVP. You're making sh*t up now, to help you sound pathetic and stupid. You don't need help with either.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, JIF says he wants to scum hunt - but he's trolling me about being terrible at the game, which has historically always ended up in an ego argument that disrupts everything.

So yea, he keeps saying he's scum hunting, but everything he's doing conflicts with the notion.

I'm fighting fire with fire, honey.  Cant take the heat, get out the kitchen.  I didnt stat the insults, you did. 

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF is in full tilt.

I believe that. I've done similar things in the past. If I know someone is particularly emo or whatever I'll go easy on them at least for a day or two so they can get back into the game at their own pace. You can see a similar type of thing where I didn't vote Ben on D1 last game.

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes I am.

I'm not ignoring Smash.  He's hitting my scumtell (said that 10 times now).  I'm being nice to Smash.  He cried and quit last game because he doesnt make it past D1.  I assume there are more than 1 scum, so I'm saving him for tomorrow. 

You keep blaming me for obstructions lol, while you keep engaging me.  I'm looking at the game.  You're lying and focused on the "spotlight" lol that is DPR. 

I'm hitting scum tells ? Pointed out nolder basically contributing nothing with his posts then accusing others of the same. I'm really not sure what else I can contribute on day one. I don't remember you claiming I was hitting you're scum tells until Ape started pushing you on it. Are you agreeing just to get Ape off your back ? That's a JIF scum tell and at this stage I can go with a vote on you or Nolder

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

10 PM EST deadline on a Friday night probably isn't going to work for most of us, if I had to guess.  Either a Friday afternoon EST deadline (somewhere between 9-12 or so PST) or pushing it to Monday would be my suggestion.

End this day before the weekend...just saying...you're scummy for even suggesting Monday.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'm fighting fire with fire, honey.  Cant take the heat, get out the kitchen.  I didnt stat the insults, you did. 

I don't have an issue with the insults, other than that they DIRECTLY contradict what you're saying you are doing. 

If you say all you're trying to do is scum hunt, but actually trying to troll... then you're contradicting yourself.

I am scum hunting and trolling. It's what I do. I never said I was 'only doing' anything to the contrary.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Here comes a third helping of OMGUS.

Awful.

Point of fact, I said there's high probability that when you act this scummy, you could be scum or scum MVP. You're making sh*t up now, to help you sound pathetic and stupid. You don't need help with either.

It's hard to follow stupid. 

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Do you remember where/when?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As I explained to JiF and the game at large several times, and am getting pretty tired of explaining, I wasn't getting scum vibes from any of the active players other than Nolder thru my "town calling" method.  Thus, Pac shifted to the scum end by default. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In other words I have me, Ape, Andrej, Smash, JC, Nyn, Crusher, Leelou and Lily in my town/null pile right now.  That left DPR, JiF, Nolder, Pac.  Of those 4, 3 were active.  Of those 3, only Nolder was exhibiting truly scum behaviors in my eyes at the time.  So who, joining Nolder, does that leave as a "top 2"? 

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

End this day before the weekend...just saying...you're scummy for even suggesting Monday.

LOL.  I'm scummy for suggesting that if a Friday deadline didn't work, we shouldn't set it for a Saturday or Sunday when no one is around?  GFY.  I take it this is going to be a game where everything I say sounds scummy to you. 

Btw, lengthier deadlines hurt scum more than than town.  Especially in a game where there's not going to be any random lynches, per the rules.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm hitting scum tells ? Pointed out nolder basically contributing nothing with his posts then accusing others of the same. I'm really not sure what else I can contribute on day one. I don't remember you claiming I was hitting you're scum tells until Ape started pushing you on it. Are you agreeing just to get Ape off your back ? That's a JIF scum tell and at this stage I can go with a vote on you or Nolder

Do you realize that's hard to accept from you because this is your 3rd post?  

And the second part is not true.  I called you avoiding the thread like the plague in my recap of observations.  Ape had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for joining us though! 

I'm just going to make a note here, in the past when I've caught JIF as scum, his best defense with me is to be as preposterous and loud as possible in his counter-points, because he knows he cannot out-logic, or out-smart me. He can only out-annoy everyone so that they stop listen to us both.

You're seeing it real time.

So, with that, I'm also going to go silent with him and his nonsense. I'm willing to vote DPR (obvi), JIF, and Lily as of now.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't have an issue with the insults, other than that they DIRECTLY contradict what you're saying you are doing. 

If you say all you're trying to do is scum hunt, but actually trying to troll... then you're contradicting yourself.

I am scum hunting and trolling. It's what I do. I never said I was 'only doing' anything to the contrary.

Multi-tasker. Impressive. 

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm just going to make a note here, in the past when I've caught JIF as scum, his best defense with me is to be as preposterous and loud as possible in his counter-points, because he knows he cannot out-logic, or out-smart me. He can only out-annoy everyone so that they stop listen to us both.

You're seeing it real time.

So, with that, I'm also going to go silent with him and his nonsense. I'm willing to vote DPR (obvi), JIF, and Lily as of now.

You sucks at this game.  I'm the most obvious townie in the game.