Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Given how often you guys do dumb sh*t for entertainment, I don't see why this should be any different.

it has bee years since I made it to an endgame. I'm no threat. That's why I'm trying to do something creative here, to at least get some fun out of it.

This level of emo deserves it's own Lifetime special.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Why does the army need a vet?

Mostly taking care of stray animals in bases and also doing inspections of water and food resources. Basically anything that either comes in contact with animals or is produced from animals is under Veterinarian supervision.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And since there's an SK, these appear to be the only possibilities for scum roles:

Scum Roles

TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)

TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)

TTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)

T = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)

So if it's either of the two setups where there's a roleblocker Ape pretty much ****ed his own plan from the start?

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Mostly taking care of stray animals in bases and also doing inspections of water and food resources. Basically anything that either comes in contact with animals or is produced from animals is under Veterinarian supervision.

Will you have snake anti venom?

5 hours ago, Hallia said:

Apologies all!

I erased it from the rules - I should've been more clear.  This is not a C9++ game.  With Nyn not co-modding I wasn't comfortable using it.  This is a game of my design.

Oh...well so much for that lol.

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'll let the rest decide so we don't bog the town into our petty squabbles.  Looks like you're are trying to provide "seer cover".  Personally, I don't have a problem with that tactic although I was vilified when I tried that here at JN.  We can discuss ad nauseam at end game cause I like a good argument.

"seer cover" meaning cop? I guess I don't know what you mean.

Either way, you're advocating a policy lynch instead of scum hunting.

By your own admission, you just said you don't think I'd sabotage a scum team, which implies you've concluded I'm not scum. However, now you're saying you don't have a problem for whatever tactic you think I'm invoking, but the suggestion it's a tactic implies you think I'm scum.

So, I can't tell if you're backpedalling, or contradicting yourself, or what... 

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

So if it's either of the two setups where there's a roleblocker Ape pretty much ****ed his own plan from the start?

We can discuss in endgame, but it doesn't "**** my plan" to draw scum's NK, or roleblock. In fact, it builds in an excuse for why my NKs wouldn't have worked, and prevents them from randomly roleblocking the cop or doc. 

Anyway... 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"seer cover" meaning cop? I guess I don't know what you mean.

Either way, you're advocating a policy lynch instead of scum hunting.

By your own admission, you just said you don't think I'd sabotage a scum team, which implies you've concluded I'm not scum. However, now you're saying you don't have a problem for whatever tactic you think I'm invoking, but the suggestion it's a tactic implies you think I'm scum.

So, I can't tell if you're backpedalling, or contradicting yourself, or what... 

Personally, I wish you would stop when I say that we should not bog the town into our petty squabbles.

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

No idea

Lame.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We can discuss in endgame, but it doesn't "**** my plan" to draw scum's NK, or roleblock. In fact, it builds in an excuse for why my NKs wouldn't have worked, and prevents them from randomly roleblocking the cop or doc. 

Anyway... 

If you'd already decided to side with town maybe. Anyway you're right it's a discussion for later.

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Inane question. You could just look in the OP roster and find out.

TFJTAL.jpg

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

I'm caught up.

Unvote Vote AJ

Get in the game scrub.

lol what??

4 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

That's awkward.

what're the chances Ape pulls that as scum or town? The hoax would be up pretty quick as it were when there weren't multiple kills each Night - so is it safer to assume he's just generating content early on?

3 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

You think he's more upset about not being a source of entertainment than his play getting shut down?

I would think it's the other way around 

3 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Ok.

And the entertainment factor is townie for Ape?

1 hour ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I'll buy Ape's explanation.

1 hour ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Not a ton.

I was a little sketched out by 80 earlier because we reached the same conclusion for seemingly different reasons but I think that was just a misunderstanding and we were more or less saying the same. Entertainment/gambit, etc. I agree though that Ape's intent is way more townie in utilization than otherwise.

JC's principal thing is meh. He's pretty straight forward as a player from my experience so I would probably leave it at null and see where he goes with it.

You seem okay thus far ;)

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  My game is predicated on "town calling".  It's led to some of my best successes for town.  It's not about "protecting", it's about process of elimination of what's MOST LIKELY, that has seemed to work for me of late.

2.  Yes, by process of elimination.  Didn't like Nolder's vote on Smash so he's my very early # 2 right now.  I feel good about some of the more active players so far, as well as nearly all of the reactions to Ape's play thus far.  Only things that were questionable was JiF's overall reaction and your switch to voting Ape after being on Nolder.  The former could be laziness and the latter could be your usual tunnelling/illogical play when it comes to anything Ape-related, but for now, I have you and JiF below Pac and Nolder on the scumdar. 

3.  I disagree.  Ape might be SK, but until we know there's an SK in the game, it seems pointless to lynch him yet.  Cannot imagine him making the play he did as scum. It's not a WIFOM, because in this case, Ape's play make him more likely to be town than the usual 75 % (or so) chance.  So I'm not willing to go that route today.

Reaction to what? 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

well... are we going to dance, or are we going to lambada... 

THE FORBIDDEN DANCE.

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

No idea.  You still voting Nolder or moved to Ape.

Unvote, vote Ape.

I'm still set to troll Nolder.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I do not like players who claim anti-town roles.  Hess gets away with that sh*t cause Hess is Hess.  Kinda like self voters.  We can all say it was emo but at the end of the day we do not know if the emo was real or calculated.

All you need is a cape and a flute.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm vanilla town. I did in fact think it was a C++ game, so last game had 3 NKs in the first night when I died, and then I stopped paying attention. So, with 3 kills per night, my logic was to false claim SK, use it as a reaction test. Not sure how it would have played out, but it was worth a try. In the meantime, scum has to deliberate on shooting me at night, and that avoids them shooting at potential power roles. 

It's something I just came up with and went with. Why not? 

Hmph.  Seems fair

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Well, like I said... I've been working on my meta. Nobody in mafia is more of a juxtaposition for me, in play style, than Hess. Basically I did something that would make me yell at me in the post-game chatter.

So, whether it was successful or not in this D1 scum hunt, it's still going to be out there that I was willing to do it. Now, hopefully unpredictability like that can be folded in to my play and meta. That's all I was really going for.

I think Jetscode is successfully manufacturing a big diversion out of it though... there's no reason we should be talking principle lynches, when no scum hunting has taken place, and no information would be gained by my lynch at this stage. If you want to push for my lynch, then do it after grinding out some scum hunting first. He's asking you guys to basically just lynch me, and get to night. It pings, but I'm not ready to accuse him of ill intent yet... 

I'd argue "successfully" ...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Reaction to what? 

First off, you didn't understand the C9++ aspect of the game or the nature of the SK role.  That part wasn't particularly damning, because it came across as laziness rather than scuminess.  Though of course we were just coming off a C9++ game that had an SK who only killed at night.  But whatever, I'll give you a pass there.

The 2nd part was what jumped out to me; after Hallia busted up the C9++ setup talk and Ape came clean.  This happened:

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nice.

So, here I find myself again having a moderator blow up my spot - I feel like this crap happened a game or so ago to me, several times. You can't just swoop into the game and counter a play one of your players is making. Let what I'm doing play out for ****s sake. If someone asks you via PM, tell them via PM, don't just make an announcement that destroys any semblance of creativity I'm bringing into your game to make it entertaining.

I'm going to go putz around the football forum until I cool down. I may ask to be replaced.

I'm obviously not SK, this is teh suck.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Vote Ape

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Easy solution, lets just kill the Ape.

Not an "easy solution" at all, for the reasons I've demonstrated.  It really makes no sense whatsoever to lynch the Ape today, yet you pushed it, then disappeared for a while.