Which would hurt worse?

jgb

Nut Kick Pain Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would be most excruciating for Jets fans?

• Jimmy Garraaoopppollooao plays lights out and becomes stud heir apparent to Brady
    • Sanchez wins comeback player of the year and knocks Jets out of wildcard game
    • Fitz goes down, Geno comes in and it all clicks and he leads Jets to playoffs. Refuses to negotiate long term contract with Jets
    • Ivory wins rushing crown in JAX
    • Paxton Lynch wins rookie of the year

Garoppolo was a QB I wanted out of that 2013 draft, and we had a shot to get him.  So if he goes on to become the heir apparent in New England, I might shoot myself. 

It's bad enough to miss out on guys like Russell Wilson and Derek Carr.  But if NE beats us to the punch and Brady's retirement does NOT mean they're f*cked, that's a million times worse.  We don't play the Seahawks and Raiders twice a year.

The best possible thing would be for Garoppolo to play well, get low-balled by Belichick (Jimmy doesn't have a company they can pay him under the table with) then elect to hit free agency.  With the Jets needing a QB, we scoop him up and he becomes our future.

Jimmy G taking over reigns and keeping the train moving would sting like a mofo.  But I kind of want it to happen just to see what would happen with the QB position and the BB/Brady relationship.   It could get juicy.

Sanchez winning the CPOY and knocking out the Jets.  It would be so quintessential Jets that I honestly dont think it would hurt at all.  Rex just did it to us last year in quintessential Jets fashion.  Bring on more!!!!!!

Geno refusing to sign a long term deal would be exactly what this team deserves.  I'd laugh hysterically as he finds a new home and Fitz keep the Jets hostage for another season.

Ivory, meh.  He was FA and went to a team who is actually doing the right things, in a division that the can win and make the playoffs.  He had zero chance to make the playoffs here in a division he has zero chance of winning.  Plus, Jax > NJ all day, every day.  Cant blame him.  He'll retire in Jax because of the lifestyle. 

Paxton Lynch would be an absolute killer.  I mean, flat out killer.  After this offseason and all this song an dance with Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick, that would crush every fiber of hope in my soul.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jimmy G taking over reigns and keeping the train moving would sting like a mofo.  But I kind of want it to happen just to see what would happen with the QB position and the BB/Brady relationship.   It could get juicy.

Sanchez winning the CPOY and knocking out the Jets.  It would be so quintessential Jets that I honestly dont think it would hurt at all.  Rex just did it to us last year in quintessential Jets fashion.  Bring on more!!!!!!

Geno refusing to sign a long term deal would be exactly what this team deserves.  I'd laugh hysterically as he finds a new home and Fitz keep the Jets hostage for another season.

Ivory, meh.  He was FA and went to a team who is actually doing the right things, in a division that the can win and make the playoffs.  He had zero chance to make the playoffs here in a division he has zero chance of winning.  Plus, Jax > NJ all day, every day.  Cant blame him.  He'll retire in Jax because of the lifestyle. 

Paxton Lynch would be an absolute killer.  I mean, flat out killer.  After this offseason and all this song an dance with Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick, that would crush every fiber of hope in my soul.  

You might be right about that. The "embarrassed by a former Jet" part of my balls is covered with mankind's thickest callus at this point.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What is Sanchez coming back from? Sucking?

I myself have argued many times that coming back from sucking should not be enough for the award, but sadly the NFL disagrees with us. See: Philip Rivers.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Seems new regime might have the philosophy to take a shot at QB every year. Sample size is small with only 2 drafts under Mac's belt but both years he's taken a QB in first 4 rounds, not to mention trading for Fitz. Many have criticized this strategy by saying well what if you get 2 good QBs at once, wasting the pick? 

I echo both of your sentiments: what a problem to have. If that were to happen (yeah right not with this team's luck), then you pull a Reid/Bellichick and unload one for a king's ransom.

I like the take a shot at QB every year until you find one approach.

I totally agree. QB and LB every year too. You can never have enough good LB's. LB's are also fairly and unfairly drafted too high or low because of college coaching and the guys around them. LB is also a hard position to scout. 

Also it seems that Mac targeted PSU. I look at the Barnes pick up as being similar to the Hack pick. That was a really smart idea in general. The blue chip players that were left at PSU didn't have the supporting cast or coaching to shine. But they are great athletes that should develop like they were recruited over time.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I myself have argued many times that coming back from sucking should not be enough for the award, but sadly the NFL disagrees with us. See: Philip Rivers.

We just paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars for a single season.  We'd probably would have paid Rivers 50 mil. given the chance.

14 minutes ago, peebag said:

We just paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars for a single season.  We'd probably would have paid Rivers 50 mil. given the chance.

That 12 million, while of course a big number, makes him only the 23rd highest paid (by yearly average) QB in the league.  He's also 29th in guaranteed money and 33rd in overall contract value.  Not at all unreasonable IMO.

Rivers is making almost 9 million more this year.  For a better corollary, Kirk Cousins is making almost 8 million more than Fitz for for this season alone.

And as far as I can tell, the only teams not paying more for their starting QB who aren't on their rookie contracts, are the Browns, the Broncos (if Sanchez starts), and the Rams (if Goff doesn't start).  Everyone else is either paying more money, or starting someone on their first contract.

100% Jimmy playing lights out. 

-I'd be happy for Sanchez. 

-I coudl not blame Geno for not wanting to stay. 

-I'd be happy for Ivory, and it doesn't mean Forte will have a bad year and it doesn't mean Jax ends up doing anything in playoffs (if they get there). 

-Rookie of the year makes not a SB or even a great QB. In the grand scheme of things it could mean very little. It also doesn't mean Hack won''t become an even better QB over time. Although this would be #2 on my list. 

Lynch is the worst, and even then -as has been said- it's only bad if he's significantly better than Hack down the road. Garoppolo doesn't matter. He wasn't on the Jets' radar in the second round, and the Jets have to get past the Cheaters, regardless. 

If Sanchez wins the starting job for Denver, I'll be rooting for him. 

Good for Ivory, I don't care. 

The Geno thing will probably happen. 

42 minutes ago, peebag said:

Do you see the contracts signed by Osweiler, Bradford and others? The number looks big in a vacuum but for a starting QB it's really pretty pedestrian.

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

Do you see the contracts signed by Osweiler, Bradford and others? The number looks big in a vacuum but for a starting QB it's really pretty pedestrian.

It's freakin' Ryan Fitzpatrick.  If Geno hadn't gotten his jaw broke last year, he'd be handing out resumes at job fairs this year.

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

It's freakin' Ryan Fitzpatrick.  If Geno hadn't gotten his jaw broke last year, he'd be handing out resumes at job fairs this year.

If Ryan Fitzpatricks grew on trees he wouldn't have just posted the 2nd best season in Jets QB history. For whatever reason Fitzpatrick is a rare diamond for this franchise. $12 million is nothing.

Just now, jgb said:

If Ryan Fitzpatricks grew on trees he wouldn't have just posted the 2nd best season in Jets QB history. For whatever reason Fitzpatrick is a rare diamond for this franchise. $12 million is nothing.

which says a lot about how sucky the Jets QB position has been handled for 45+ years...

1 minute ago, peebag said:

which says a lot about how sucky the Jets QB position has been handled for 45+ years...

Indeed it does but fact remains that somehow the guy did what he did. Really when you're talking QB $12 million isn't that much. It's a one year deal, this is a date not a marriage. Big deal. The market has moved significantly. I'm sure the NFL is really hoping that JetNation posters catch up to economic reality in a hugely profitable and successful sport league.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You like to say this a lot, and I can only assume you're comparing it to Joe Namath's 1967. However, I'd easily place Ken O'Brien's 1985, Vinny Testaverde's 1998, and Chad Pennington's 2002 well above the year Fitzpatrick just posted. Sure, it's subjective, but those three years the QBs produced three or four times the TDs vs. ints. They all also resulted in the Jets getting into the playoffs. 

You like to say this a lot, and I can only assume you're comparing it to Joe Namath's 1967. However, I'd easily place Ken O'Brien's 1985, Vinny Testaverde's 1998, and Chad Pennington's 2002 well above the year Fitzpatrick just posted. Sure, it's subjective, but those three years the QBs produced three or four times the TDs vs. ints. They all also resulted in the Jets getting into the playoffs. 

Was trying to be objective. NFL.com actually credits Him with the best season in jets qb history. So it's not just "something I like to say." But keep on diggin' deep and being nasty. I am sure you'll respond with some version about how you are more qualified to opine on the NFL than the NFL.

"Fitzpatrick, who signed a one-year, $12 million deal with $3 million more in possible incentives, had the benefit of entering free agency after the best season for a quarterback in franchise history (3,905 yards, 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions)."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678471/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-teammates-put-pressure-on-me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Was trying to be objective. NFL.com actually credits Him with the best season in jets qb history. So it's not just "something I like to say." But keep on diggin' deep and being nasty. I am sure you'll respond with some version about how you are more qualified to opine on the NFL than the NFL.

"Fitzpatrick, who signed a one-year, $12 million deal with $3 million more in possible incentives, had the benefit of entering free agency after the best season for a quarterback in franchise history (3,905 yards, 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions)."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678471/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-teammates-put-pressure-on-me

Fitz's 2015 isn't close to the best season for a QB in Jets history, not even in the running.  he had some of the best #s(while also throwing to maybe the most talent O since the 60s) but w/ that easy sched not making the playoffs knocks him way down the list.  He is probably top 5 this century though.

1. Chad 2002

2. Mark 2010

3. Chad 2004

4. Fitz 2015

4th this century isn't bad, he's not top 10 all time.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

That NFL.com writer either has no knowledge of the Jets, is under 25, or both. The seasons I mentioned, the QBs were dominant. Last year Fitz was merely competent. 

That NFL.com writer either has no knowledge of the Jets, is under 25, or both. The seasons I mentioned, the QBs were dominant. Last year Fitz was merely competent. 

You're as predictable as Rex Ryan at Golden Corral (dessert first). Exactly as I predicted. /bow. Won't hold my breath for you to gasp admit you were wrong and this isn't just "something I like to say."

Fitz's 2015 isn't close to the best season for a QB in Jets history, not even in the running.  he had some of the best #s(while also throwing to maybe the most talent O since the 60s) but w/ that easy sched not making the playoffs knocks him way down the list.  He is probably top 5 this century though.

1. Chad 2002

2. Mark 2010

3. Chad 2004

4. Fitz 2015

4th this century isn't bad, he's not top 10 all time.

Let's assume you are right and he is 4th. 12 mill a steal even then. Thanks for your support

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

You're as predictable as Rex Ryan at Golden Corral (dessert first). Exactly as I predicted. /bow. Won't hold my breath for you to gasp admit you were wrong and this isn't just "something I like to say."

I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find many Jets fans who would put Fitzpatrick's 2015 ahead of the seasons I mentioned, whether some dorky intern at NFL.com agrees with you or not. Lol. 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find many Jets fans who would put Fitzpatrick's 2015 ahead of the seasons I mentioned, whether some dorky intern at NFL.com agrees with you or not. Lol. 

it's really not even debatable.  Individual #s are nice but if you don't back it up w/ wins what good are they? and he had a team every bit as talented as our '09 and '10 teams that made title games.  At the very least needed to get us to the playoffs but he failed.

I will hand it to you never met anyone online with more ego and pride congrats!

What if you e already resigned yourself to Mark Sanchez leading the Broncos to a title and Paxton Lynch becoming the GOAT and Hackenberg is starring in The Bachelorette in three years?

But, does he get the final rose?

Archived