Fanduel back in New York! JetNation League?

ertlalden205

Just now, ertlalden205 said:

Now that Fanduel is back in NY, are we going to have a Week 1 Fanduel League like last year.  I enjoy the JetNation league.  I just wish we could keep it to only JetNation or New York State players.  What does everyone think?

lol, who are you? You've got 7 posts, all of them about the Fanduel stuff... which suggests you probably aren't a Jet fan, but a Fanduel player that found JN through the contests that got opened to the public.

It would be impossible to limit this to NY state players, but even if possible... why would @Maxman limit this to NY state players only? I've been on Jet fan boards for a long time, and typically most of the members are displaced NYers who rely on the forums to maintain a connection with other Jet fans. 

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hate this fantasy gambling crap because of the incessant commercials invading my sports radio and my broadcasts.

And now, apparently, my discussion forum.

SAR I

You must be fun at parties.

Yes we will have a league again this year and the good news is that it will FINALLY be done right. The contact that we worked with last year left after the season. I have been probing trying to find a new contact and we were successful.

I have done a few calls with them and we have agreed to do a JetNation league. I have a call next Thursday to finalize everything and then we should have everything together soon after that.

The best part is I voiced my displeasure with getting the leagues on a Friday and having no time for JetNation members to fill it up. They agreed that was a big issue and they promised they will get us the league very early in the week. So far the new contact has been 1000 times more responsive, so I am pretty excited about this.

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hate this fantasy gambling crap because of the incessant commercials invading my sports radio and my broadcasts.

SAR I

Right?  I miss the old days of being inundated by athlete's foot and jock itch commercials.  /s

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes we will have a league again this year and the good news is that it will FINALLY be done right. The contact that we worked with last year left after the season. I have been probing trying to find a new contact and we were successful.

I have done a few calls with them and we have agreed to do a JetNation league. I have a call next Thursday to finalize everything and then we should have everything together soon after that.

The best part is I voiced my displeasure with getting the leagues on a Friday and having no time for JetNation members to fill it up. They agreed that was a big issue and they promised they will get us the league very early in the week. So far the new contact has been 1000 times more responsive, so I am pretty excited about this.

Thanks.

Have you considered only sharing the link with registered JN members, like privately?

Otherwise, anyone who comes across it without a JN registration, can for all intents and purposes click it, join and play. Meaning it's not really all that exclusive, it just doesn't get opened to public consumption like in the past.

Also, I've been reviewing the fanduel re-brand, and it appears that they have changed the modeling of their games to ensure people know when they are playing other beginners, and when they aren't... very smart of them to adapt to the emerging customer sentiment that beginners are getting screwed by sharks...

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Have you considered only sharing the link with registered JN members, like privately?

Otherwise, anyone who comes across it without a JN registration, can for all intents and purposes click it, join and play. Meaning it's not really all that exclusive, it just doesn't get opened to public consumption like in the past.

We are going to put it only in the forums first. This way all the regulars can see it and join. We are starting with 250 slots in the league (I believe). My goal is to have us get to the point where we will it with us and then I don't have to put it out on social media, etc.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

IIRC, most of the threads were in the fantasy forum with one stickied at the top of each week in the main forum.  That seems like the perfect way to do it without it being intrusive.  Anyway, nobody is forcing you to open the thread.   The title was very clear:  "JetNation Fanduel".

As a participant in FF, I welcome the threads and am fine with most of them being in the other forum.  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

IIRC, most of the threads were in the fantasy forum with one stickied at the top of each week in the main forum.  That seems like the perfect way to do it without it being intrusive.  Anyway, nobody is forcing you to open the thread.   The title was very clear:  "JetNation Fanduel".

As a participant in FF, I welcome the threads and am fine with most of them being in the other forum.  

The OP had posted several threads and it felt like guerrilla marketing, an advertisement.

I have no beef with JN players playing, just the incessant advertising.  If this thread is genuinely about JN players forming a league, my apologies, I'm out.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, who are you? You've got 7 posts, all of them about the Fanduel stuff... which suggests you probably aren't a Jet fan, but a Fanduel player that found JN through the contests that got opened to the public.

It would be impossible to limit this to NY state players, but even if possible... why would @Maxman limit this to NY state players only? I've been on Jet fan boards for a long time, and typically most of the members are displaced NYers who rely on the forums to maintain a connection with other Jet fans. 

This is the guy with the Buffalo Sabres logo. He wins alot.

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I thought so. Yea... Aren't we s bunch of chum...

I wonder if there's a way to ban people from the fantasy league. I think this dude is a prime candidate. Nine posts and they're all about the league. The "we" part of his posts just irks me. Only Jetnation? Like he's posts here.

He only wants it limited to "us" because you don't fill up the league entirely, yet the prize stays the same. **** this guy. Really. Like we're stupid.

I'd rather play for less money than play against obvious assholes.

While watching GL whine is one of the best things about FD, I'm inclined to agree.  I don't like rah rah "we" stuff either. 

That said, I'm sure a handful of non-JN guys are on the prowl waiting for the league info to be posted.  Not sure how you keep them out without a Mod PMing league info to people with whatever arbitrary # of posts someone chooses. 

Not to mention - I don't know that FD will be too keen on guaranteeing prize pools for too long if they aren't getting good turnouts.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

While watching GL whine is one of the best things about FD, I'm inclined to agree.  I don't like rah rah "we" stuff either. 

That said, I'm sure a handful of non-JN guys are on the prowl waiting for the league info to be posted.  Not sure how you keep them out without a Mod PMing league info to people with whatever arbitrary # of posts someone chooses. 

Not to mention - I don't know that FD will be too keen on guaranteeing prize pools for too long if they aren't getting good turnouts.

I didn't even think you knew I existed. This is an exciting day.

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I didn't even think you knew I existed. This is an exciting day.

I think I even made it 45 seconds or so listening to you and that dope TShame bloviate about the Jets in that JN Radio thing a while back.

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Easy.  Make a fanduel board that's viewable only by registered members,  and put the link there

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Easy.  Make a fanduel board that's viewable only by registered members,  and put the link there

It's not particularly difficult to register for a JN account.  The esteemed thread starter managed to.

16 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I wonder if there's a way to ban people from the fantasy league. I think this dude is a prime candidate. Nine posts and they're all about the league. The "we" part of his posts just irks me. Only Jetnation? Like he's posts here.

He only wants it limited to "us" because you don't fill up the league entirely, yet the prize stays the same. **** this guy. Really. Like we're stupid.

I'd rather play for less money than play against obvious assholes.

I don't know this guy, but that seems harsh.

We have a really big following on social media. There are Jets fans that have read the forums for years but don't post here. They read our tweets though. :)

It is possible that some die-hard Jet fan would sign up to only check out Fan Duel. Just saying.

5 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes. But if you don't list the link on the main board, no guest will know to register

The main problem isn't guests seeing the link. 

The big issue is at 12:30 or so fanduel doesn't think we are going to come close to signing up enough players and they open the league up for everyone.   Then the last minute people sign up because the odds are more weighed in the players favor.  Players do this all the time with public leagues.  If I join the $5 tournament on baseball that pays 22 of 115 but only 90 join, odds are better.   its a strategy a lot of the pro players use

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I liked FD, but the late arrivals made me sad and then I got whacked with a huge tax bill because I eked just over the earnings threshold.

Was it really a yuge tax bill, Mr. Tr0mpShane?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Was it really a yuge tax bill, Mr. Tr0mpShane?

I have large palms but relatively short fingers.

I think I had to sign over $140(?) on ~$650 worth of winnings, but I can't recall. Either way, I'm taking this up with Jill Stein.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I liked FD, but the late arrivals made me sad and then I got whacked with a huge tax bill because I eked just over the earnings threshold.

You actually reported it lulz.  Bet you dont j walk or rip the tags off couches either, huh?

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

You actually reported it lulz.  Bet you dont j walk or rip the tags off couches either, huh?

Eh, Fandurl reports it and you get tracked down. I tried to side-step it, but they found me.

you'd know if you'd won any cash worth boasting about

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, Fandurl reports it and you get tracked down. I tried to side-step it, but they found me.

you'd know if you'd won any cash worth boasting about

I know how much to withdraw and when to withdraw it, princess.  You forget where I work. 

Archived