Official Training Camp Thread(8/8/16)

Patriot Killa

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amaro just snagged a pass from Fitz into triple coverage and spiked the ball in the end zone. Great catch. #Jets #Sleeper
Fitz from about 30 out, throws into triple coverage but Amaro just went and got it for the TD #nyj #JetsCamp
Jace Amaro with a terrific catch in traffic for a touchdown. Play of the day #NYJ

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don't care how much money we spent on him for this year...if he doesn't show up  decently in the regular season right away, you put Geno in.

Not for 12 mil. Mac wouldn't have brought him in for that much money if he had faith in Geno

Just now, Stark said:

Not for 12 mil. Mac wouldn't have brought him in for that much money if he had faith in Geno

Can't agree. Production is everything and if Geno shows us he offers more than you roll with him but I also don't think that happens unless Fitz folds and is the reason we go 1-4.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Can't agree. Production is everything and if Geno shows us he offers more than you roll with him but I also don't think that happens unless Fitz folds and is the reason we go 1-4.

I agree with playing the best players, but geno isn't going against the 1st team defense, at least it doesn't sound like it.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets practice recap: Very good day for Geno Smith, especially in the red zone. Big days for rookie WR Charone Peake and TE Jace Amaro. WR Eric Decker was dressed, but didn't practice. No fallout from the Darrelle Revis-Brandon Marshall spat; they matched up several times. Nick Folk and Ross Martin both 6-for-6 in FGs. RB Khiry Robinson, activated from PUP, left practice.

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

It's a 1 year deal so who cares if it was for 8 mill or 12 million? You think the Jets would rather go 8-8 with Fitz than 12-4 with Geno simply because Fitz makes 12 million? The decision will be based on how Fitz played last year AND how these guys play in camp/pre-season games. Odds are FItz will emerge as the starter, but it's not a given. 

Either way, it's great to know we have a backup who is at least semi-competent. 

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's a 1 year deal so who cares if it was for 8 mill or 12 million? You think the Jets would rather go 8-8 with Fitz than 12-4 with Geno simply because Fitz makes 12 million? The decision will be based on how Fitz played last year AND how these guys play in camp/pre-season games. Odds are FItz will emerge as the starter, but it's not a given. 

Either way, it's great to know we have a backup who is at least semi-competent. 

I find it humorous that you would even imply Geno can take this team to 12-4. I don't think either QB gets us to 12-4. What I am saying is that while Fitz was a home, Geno was here. If the coaches thought he could/should be the starter they wouldn't pay Fitz 12 mil. I am sure if they thought he could/would start or trust him to start they would want him getting all the reps with the first team against the first team Defense. 

I also said that I agree, a few posts above that it should be based on performance. I don't think that people on this board fully understand that there is an entire team of coaches that could have went to bat for Geno and swayed Mac to not sign fitz for 12 mil when he could have gotten another veteran back-up cheaper.

What have you seen in live action that makes you believe that, "its great to know we have a backup who is at least semi-competent". Hell that is a ringing endorsement while backing out of the statement all at the same time. I feel like you would want at least a "competent" backup, but you want to settle for "semi-competent.

This is early August, lets see how he does in live football situations.

Just now, Colgateman said:

Peake has been balling out the last few days, I've loved him since we picked him

Peake has definitely got my hopes up. Marshall, Decker, Peake, Enunwa.... large receiving core, and then factor in J Marshall and Devin Smith. Feels like we may have a good group there. 

Now we just need the TEs to start to perform  Looking at you Amaro.... 

Just now, Mike135 said:

Right.  But we didn't have to pay 12mil for a semi-competent backup.

We signed him because we couldn't rely on Geno. If Geno magically figures it out, then Fitz is simply an expensive backup. Signing Fitz was prudent, and going with Geno (if he is better) is also prudent. 

So yeah, we had to pay Fitz 12 million because we didn't know Geno would emerge and we still don't know if he is ready. 

38 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Geno can play the QB position, and play it well, otherwise he wouldn't have all those starts.

The problem is when bad Geno shows up he doesn't go away. He's about as infuriating as Sanchez. 

I would hope Geno and Petty both play well and we can get something for Geno. I'd like a 2nd round pick from Denver when they realize they do not have a starting QB on their team. 

40 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Odds are FItz will emerge as the starter, but it's not a given. 

Lololololololol ... Bro ... Please tell me you are just trolling

Fitz is our starter

go in your Geno salad toss secret handshake club meeting & even your fellow Geno lovers will tell you the same

Archived