Are we going to pick up another RB?

long suffering jets fan

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Right now we have Forte, Pope, Powell and Pope is just getting up to speed on the playbook.  One injury and we're really gonna have to scramble. 

What options are out there and how likely is it that we'll add them to the team? 

Me thinks we have something up our sleeve.  Trade? Williams?

Exactly my feelings we need depth at the position sooner than later. 

48 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Even more than TE, RB is a position that can get up to speed very quickly. They don't need to know the playbook. 

Karlos is suspended for 4 games. He's not going to help us now. 

Maybe they're gonna roll the dice with the 3 the have till Karlos is available, or have something else in the works.

I recently suggested we trade a 3rd or 4th for Andre Ellington of Arizona who has injury issues but I think has flashed a lot of ability in the last couple of years. He is stuck behind the Johnsons in Arizona. Was not met with much love, understandably, as we had 3 nice looking backs at the time. Still have faith in that dude becoming a nice player and would still deal for him. 3rd is probably giving up too much, but perhaps a 4th would do it.

19 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I recently suggested we trade a 3rd or 4th for Andre Ellington of Arizona who has injury issues but I think has flashed a lot of ability in the last couple of years. He is stuck behind the Johnsons in Arizona. Was not met with much love, understandably, as we had 3 nice looking backs at the time. Still have faith in that dude becoming a nice player and would still deal for him. 3rd is probably giving up too much, but perhaps a 4th would do it.

trade a 3rd round pick for a 3rd string RB? **** that.

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Maybe they're gonna roll the dice with the 3 the have till Karlos is available, or have something else in the works.

Karlos Williams is available right now he will serve a 4 game suspension when the season starts they can sign him and get his fat ass into shape if they wanted to today. 

The fact that we are even discussing a RB situation pisses me off along with the fact that we have so many other glaring needs OL.TE.PR meanwhile shopping off the scrap heap. 

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

and why would you do that?   RBs can be found more easily than any other position.  They like that kid Pope and we have 2 really good RBs.  To give picks away for back up RB?  nah

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Karlos Williams is available right now he will serve a 4 game suspension when the season starts they can sign him and get his fat ass into shape if they wanted to today. 

The fact that we are even discussing a RB situation pisses me off along with the fact that we have so many other glaring needs OL.TE.PR meanwhile shopping off the scrap heap. 

Tight End, we have 4.  PR we have a few folks we can use (Marshall, etc.) OL: I'm all for signing one and I hope they sign Sitton,  doesn't mean we don't need another RB too.

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Pope is only 5'8" 205 lbs. I would assume he will do returns and occasional change of pace.  He probably will not get more than 5-7 carries a game.

Maurice Jones-Drew was 5'7 and Leon was 5'8..Sproles is 5'6 185 what does height have to do with it??

20 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Maurice Jones-Drew was 5'7 and Leon was 5'8..Sproles is 5'6 185 what does height have to do with it??

I admit it's a bias and may not be rational, but I like big dudes running the ball.  Give me Earl Campbell, AP, Riggins or even Curtis Martin (5'11" 210 lb.) over the scat backs every time.  And I know how productive MJD was (more of an exception since he was not really a scatback but more of a power runner), not to mention Barry.  Just that when it's 3rd and 2, I like the big man at 210+ lbs. with a good head of steam, and a proper nickname like Ironhead or The Diesel.

Archived