Other nfl games today....

Beerfish

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how's my man Jameis looking today?  he's going to be an MVP within the new few years

Was flipping back and forth with the Jets and Bucs games today. Jameis looked very good (4td's, 1 int), Bucs defense seems also improved. Jameis will be a one of the league's better QB's very soon.

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

I can't believe the Cheats will have 1st place AFCE tonight.

They'll have gotten it on the road, with backups leading them. Meanwhile, the kicker we just decided to keep and pay, the QB we decided to re-acquire and pay, and the rest of the schlubs in green and white put a bow on a loss at home. 

Difference between Pats and other teams in the first quarter of the season: Nothing really changes for Pats from year to year. When they reconvene at the start of a new year, they have a few new players, but the major pieces are in place and they pick up where they left off. Other teams are typically installing all sorts of "new". Pats come in like it's already mid-season, while other teams need the first 4 weeks to get their sh*t straight. 

In the case of the Cardinals, I expected them to be more ready. I hope this drive just woke them up. They've looked catatonic so far.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Nobody gets those low hit roughing calls what a joke

Agreed, but I will say, they're calling the Pats OL for holding at a much higher rate than usual. It's because Grapola holds the ball longer than Brady. Apparently the stripes need to see a hold for like 15-18 seconds in order for them to call it. sh*t bags.

Jimmy G is doing a good job managing the NEP offense and so far not making too many mistakes. He's playing smart football and so is the NEP coaching staff. Getting a lot of help from his teammates esp Edelman who is really good. But it's great to finally see Brady get his well deserved and long overdue punishment. It's finally really happening. If he wants to protest by taking the NFL logo off his helmet ok, but isn't that against the rules, too. Like deflating footballs. But who cares let him make his protest. 

Archived