Final Word On Deflategate - NY Time

Jetsfanri

With NEP in 16 seasons he didn't make the playoffs three times: 2000 (his first season and Brady's rookie year: Brady basically didn't play), 2002: after winning the SB in 2001 with Brady they were 9-7 and lost on a tiebreaker to us. And 2008, the Cassel season they won 11 games and didn't make it. So most of BB's success was with Brady and all of Brady's success with Belichick. So impossible to really know who's the more important factor in their success. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Why is it when a fan who posts something positive about 2 of the greatest QB's in NFL history, they are immediately labeled a non-Jets fan?

Trust me, I've been round and round with junc for many years now, he is one of the biggest Jets fans out there.

1) I have no problem with someone saying something positive about Brady every once in a while. I too can respect that even with the cheating, Brady still had to be good enough to make it work. He'll go down as one of the best ever, but also with a very large asterisk that only pats fans will disavow. 

2) nyjunk is not just "someone who posts something positive about brady". He literally spams every single thread that mentions brady on a JETS messageboard with his bullsh*t. This is a Jets fan forum...if we want to sh*t on brady and the pats, we will. We don't need the retard police from the wannabe school of fake unc fans coming in to spam every thread and tell us how brady is the greatest of all time and only he deserves credit for anything positive. Anything positive about the Bill Walsh 49ers, the Tom Coughlin giants, or Peyton or Montana, and he's in that thread telling us about how none of them deserve credit for anything. It's unreadable. He can take that sh*t to a pats forum if he wants to engage so badly. 

As I said earlier...like a moth to a flame when you mention peyton, brady, and montana in a thread. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

With NEP in 16 seasons he didn't make the playoffs three times: 2000 (his first season and Brady's rookie year: Brady basically didn't play), 2002: after winning the SB, with Brady they were 9-7 and lost on a tiebreaker to us. And 2008, the Cassel season they won 11 games and didn't make it. So most of BB's success was with Brady and all of Brady's success with Belichick. So possible to really know who's the more important factor in their success. 

we have a lot of evidence of BB w/o Brady though and it's not very good.  7 full seasons, ONE PO app, ONE PO win(wc game).  

When we see some person who has been charged or convicted of drunk driving or driving with out a license 4 times in the news we know pretty well that for a person to be caught that many times they have gotten away with it many many more times.  In my mind this is the way it is with the Pats, we've seen the camera issue and the ball deflation issue but they have gotten away with even more egregious actions most likely.  such as stealing play books, bugging opposing teams locker rooms and tampering with head sets.  All things that have been rumored to have happened.

The Pats organization and their fans feel hard done by regarding the scandals and punishments when it is probably the tip of the ice berg and could be much worse, I believe much more will come out in this regard over the years after thus regime moves on.  No matter what 40 years from now instead of being looked upon as a dynasty with great players and great coaches like the 49ers, pittsburghs, cowboys, raiders of the world they will be looked on as cheaters first and foremost and they have no one but themselves to blame for the taint.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you have us confused.

instead of hurling insults all the time you should pay attention and learn something so you won't look as foolish in the future.

Here, I'll actually try to have a discussion with you for once...lets see if you'll partake or go back to your usual BS: what misinformation did you feel the need to follow me around and "correct"? My post stated that they are cheaters. Explain how that is misinformed. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

When we see some person who has been charged or convicted of drunk driving or driving with out a license 4 times in the news we know pretty well that for a person to be caught that many times they have gotten away with it many many more times.  In my mind this is the way it is with the Pats, we've seen the camera issue and the ball deflation issue but they have gotten away with even more egregious actions most likely.  such as stealing play books, bugging opposing teams locker rooms and tampering with head sets.  All things that have been rumored to have happened.

The Pats organization and their fans feel hard done by regarding the scandals and punishments when it is probably the tip of the ice berg and could be much worse, I believe much more will come out in this regard over the years after thus regime moves on.  No matter what 40 years from now instead of being looked upon as a dynasty with great players and great coaches like the 49ers, pittsburghs, cowboys, raiders of the world they will be looked on as cheaters first and foremost and they have no one but themselves to blame for the taint.

Perfectly said. 

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

actually, the article isn't "dumb" at all.  It's professional and accurate per our resident physicist. :)  It shows how the detractor article presented by the truly dumb Pats fans was completely contrived and a huge steaming pile of inaccurate horseshiit. And you guys hung onto that article like it was gold.  LOL.  All of the Pats' denials and Pats' fans excuses are horseshiit.  Anyway, 2 more weeks until this is finally over.  At least there is no doubt anywhere on planet Earth, even in New England, that the Patriots chronically cheat.  Congratulations. It is settled.  So, what will the next episode of Patriots cheating be?  Any predictions?

Actually, there is one more chapter. Remember, the Pats are losing another draft pick next year. :)

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You were all over this story from the begining my friend and were willing to call out foolishness from those Jets fans out here who said cheating was no big deal!!!

Thanks buddy. BTW, love Peanuts. Especially Snoopy. :) Great choice of icon. Makes you definitely appear to be an approachable person.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

we have a lot of evidence of BB w/o Brady though and it's not very good.  7 full seasons, ONE PO app, ONE PO win(wc game).  

You can't say no or little success at NEP without Brady because we don't know. The one key year without him they won 11 games. As for Cleveland that was his first HC job. He had one good year there and developed some of the best coaches and execs in football. Maybe if they kept him he'd have excelled there, too. If Brady had played for a different team would he have 4 rings and be HOF. Doubtful to the 4 maybe a great career.

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Here, I'll actually try to have a discussion with you for once...lets see if you'll partake or go back to your usual BS: what misinformation did you feel the need to follow me around and "correct"? My post stated that they are cheaters. Explain how that is misinformed. 

I responded to your initial post, please go back and read it.

BB has been caught cheating, what they did to Brady was a witch hunt over nothing but they were punishing NE for years of bending rules just as every other team tries to do except they don't get caught.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I responded to your initial post, please go back and read it.

BB has been caught cheating, what they did to Brady was a witch hunt over nothing but they were punishing NE for years of bending rules just as every other team tries to do except they don't get caught.

No witch hunt at all. Why would they want to besmirch one of their best players. He cheated end of story. 

10 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

1) I have no problem with someone saying something positive about Brady every once in a while. I too can respect that even with the cheating, Brady still had to be good enough to make it work. He'll go down as one of the best ever, but also with a very large asterisk that only pats fans will disavow. 

2) nyjunk is not just "someone who posts something positive about brady". He literally spams every single thread that mentions brady on a JETS messageboard with his bullsh*t. This is a Jets fan forum...if we want to sh*t on brady and the pats, we will. We don't need the retard police from the wannabe school of fake unc fans coming in to spam every thread and tell us how brady is the greatest of all time and only he deserves credit for anything positive. Anything positive about the Bill Walsh 49ers, the Tom Coughlin giants, or Peyton or Montana, and he's in that thread telling us about how none of them deserve credit for anything. It's unreadable. He can take that sh*t to a pats forum if he wants to engage so badly. 

As I said earlier...like a moth to a flame when you mention peyton, brady, and montana in a thread. 

I discuss these players and coaches realistically.  I try to separate my fandom in these discussions.  I despise the Patriots, I hope they never win another game but I can give credit to them for being a great organization.

I think Bill Walsh is one of the greatest coaches of all time

Peyton a top 10 all time QB

Montana either the best or second best all time

Coughlin was a good HC, just not a HOFer

please tell me where I don't give them credit for anything? or is this another example of your misperceptions based on not actually reading my posts?

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You can't say no or little success at NEP without Brady because we don't know. The one key year without him they won 11 games. As for Cleveland that was his first HC job. He had one good year there and developed some of the best coaches and execs in football. Maybe if they kept him he'd have excelled there, too. If Brady had played for a different team would he have 4 rings and be HOF. Doubtful to the 4 maybe a great career.

1 good year in 5 seasons, that's not good.  

in NE he has been HC w/o Brady for basically 2 full seasons, he went 5-11 one season and 10-5 the other.  Didn't make the playoffs either time.  the 10-5 season w/ Cassell as starter they were undefeated w/ Brady a year earlier against a much tougher schedule and Cassell would win a div title w/ KC 2 years later.

BB is an all time great coach but he doesn't have a chance to develop into one if Brady doesn't come along and change the course of his HC career and that franchise.

Just now, Jet Fan RI said:

Thanks buddy. BTW, love Peanuts. Especially Snoopy. :) Great choice of icon. Makes you definitely appear to be an approachable person.

Thanks!!

The icon is because for me football is a reminder of my youth and my begining love of the game.  My dad screamin at the TV, giving me my first football, a Joe Namath SB special and so on.

And for me the day that football is no longer a game of fun, or where I would condone Jets cheating on a systematic manner over a long period of time I'm done with the game.

Hey by the way I love RI!  Went to school in Providence!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thanks!!

The icon is because for me football is a reminder of my youth and my begining love of the game.  My dad screamin at the TV, giving me my first football, a Joe Namath SB special and so on.

And for me the day that football is no longer a game of fun, or where I would condone Jets cheating on a systematic manner over a long period of time I'm done with the game.

Hey by the way I love RI!  Went to school in Providence!

Cool. Which one?

49 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Come on junc, the Pats are the only team to try and gain a competitive advantage in the history of the NFL.

Lol, direct from the Frank Luntz school of language: don't say "cheat," say "gain a competitive advantage." Lot of extra syllables there in order to circumvent the truth. 

Just now, Jet Fan RI said:

Cool. Which one?

Not reall big on the names of schools because folks make assumptions but I went to Brown University.... I was there when Billy (the "Kid" Donovan) was in the Big East and Rick Pitino showed everyone how to coach a college team :)

I love RI; where people and communities still matter and make a difference in folks lives.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Not reall big on the names of schools because folks make assumptions but I went to Brown University.... I was there when Billy (the "Kid" Donovan) was in the Big East and Rick Pitino showed everyone how to coach a college team :)

I love RI; where people and communities still matter and make a difference in folks lives.

I'm impressed. An Ivy League man. (Hey, it could have been Johnson & Wales or something. :))

I agree RI has a lot of positive attributes. Had to move here 20 years ago because my job moved. But I stayed here after retiring 5 years ago. Says something about the place.

My bet for the next chapter in the Cheatriots legacy of cheating will involve circumventing the salary cap and Tom Brady.  His snake oil company and shifty associate "Dr." Alejandro Guerrero have had a contractual relationship with the Patriots for years.  Tom Brady has signed some very cap friendly contracts and given the Cheatriots rich tradition of cheating its probably because of the money being funneled under that table from this bogus company.

This is it.

Circumvent the salary cap by having players form fraudulent businesses and then pay them under the table through those bogus companies.

Brought to you by Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

4 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I'm impressed. An Ivy League man. (Hey, it could have been Johnson & Wales or something. :))

I agree RI has a lot of positive attributes. Had to move here 20 years ago because my job moved. But I stayed here after retiring 5 years ago. Says something about the place.

My...wife...and I just got married in Warwick last weekend. RI is one of our favorite states. Newport, Providence, the Brown campus. Honestly, the only downside is that it reeks of pats country. 

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No matter what 40 years from now instead of being looked upon as a dynasty with great players and great coaches like the 49ers, pittsburghs, cowboys, raiders of the world they will be looked on as cheaters first and foremost and they have no one but themselves to blame for the taint.

Don't mean to single you out, but what makes you think that this goes any further than the bar room or internet message boards, two things that I can assure you that the Patriots care less than zero about?  Who in the media is carrying the torch for the "cheaters" view that will be remembered 40 years from now? 

With occasional exceptions (e.g. Marshall Faulk), I don't think I've seen a talking head on TV doing anything other than fellate Belichick and the team, even after Spygate and DeflateGate.  And I don't think I've ever seen a power ranking, a catalogue of the best players, best super bowl teams, most entertaining super bowls, top coaches, what have you, exclude the Patriots from discussion or place them into a separate "cheaters" or "asterisk" category.  And since the HOF voters are the same writers who do not bash the Patriots in this way, it seems unlikely that the "taint" (such as it is) will follow anyone to the Hall. 

Unless things change dramatically in the media over the next 40 years, starting very soon, I think that 40 years from now the "taint" will exist only in the minds of non-Patriots fans over the age of 50 and those who are willing to listen to them. 

Not reall big on the names of schools because folks make assumptions but I went to Brown University.... I was there when Billy (the "Kid" Donovan) was in the Big East and Rick Pitino showed everyone how to coach a college team

Do you miss Buddy Cianci?

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1 good year in 5 seasons, that's not good.  

in NE he has been HC w/o Brady for basically 2 full seasons, he went 5-11 one season and 10-5 the other.  Didn't make the playoffs either time.  the 10-5 season w/ Cassell as starter they were undefeated w/ Brady a year earlier against a much tougher schedule and Cassell would win a div title w/ KC 2 years later.

BB is an all time great coach but he doesn't have a chance to develop into one if Brady doesn't come along and change the course of his HC career and that franchise.

Sure, great players do make great teams. And Walsh had Montana, Landry had Staubach, Shula had Griese and Marino, etc. And NEP wouldn't have been as successful without Brady. It's hard to argue that. But it was BB who drafted and developed Brady who was not a great college Qb. If he went to the Lions instead of NEP would he have been great and led the Lions to good records, etc? 

8 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Don't mean to single you out, but what makes you think that this goes any further than the bar room or internet message boards, two things that I can assure you that the Patriots care less than zero about?  Who in the media is carrying the torch for the "cheaters" view that will be remembered 40 years from now? 

With occasional exceptions (e.g. Marshall Faulk), I don't think I've seen a talking head on TV doing anything other than fellate Belichick and the team, even after Spygate and DeflateGate.  And I don't think I've ever seen a power ranking, a catalogue of the best players, best super bowl teams, most entertaining super bowls, top coaches, what have you, exclude the Patriots from discussion or place them into a separate "cheaters" or "asterisk" category.  And since the HOF voters are the same writers who do not bash the Patriots in this way, it seems unlikely that the "taint" (such as it is) will follow anyone to the Hall. 

Unless things change dramatically in the media over the next 40 years, starting very soon, I think that 40 years from now the "taint" will exist only in the minds of non-Patriots fans over the age of 50 and those who are willing to listen to them. 

Has the NFL network do the Top ten cheating scandals of all time?  They have done everything else. Eventually they must. 

3 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Haven't seen it yet, but wouldn't surprise me at all.  They certainly love their lists . . . .

A poll of the country to pick the top 3 would be interesting. Guessing the Northeast would be little different than the rest.  We  them and ALL the sports writers.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure, great players do make great teams. And Walsh had Montana, Landry had Staubach, Shula had Griese and Marino, etc. And NEP wouldn't have been as successful without Brady. It's hard to argue that. But it was BB who drafted and developed Brady who was not a great college Qb. If he went to the Lions instead of NEP would he have been great and led the Lions to good records, etc? 

he was an underrated college QB b/c of the Drew Henson fiasco at Michigan.  

if he went to the Lions I guarantee you they wouldn't have been as bad as they were in the 00s and BB wouldn't have any SBs and would be a DC somewhere today.

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Because this board is the only place where New England has been accused of cheating. Not anyplace else. Talk about simple? Good heavens.

Come on Crusher. You are smarter than this. Never once said nobody outside this board doesn't share the same views as you guys, but that still doesn't mean you guys are not illogical when discussing this crap.

some air was let out. Get over it. Didnt affect the game, already been said, and proven it had nothing to do with the game on top of Legends recalling stories of their players "bending the rules" 

You guys, the NFL and its owners got what you wanted. Brady suspended. Still doesn't matter they are still winning. Welp! 

The NFL and Goodell is so mad.

Archived