At 2 and 2 the season looks a lot different

Maxman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think you are right, they are underperforming. I think Bowles laid into them last week. We will see how they respond. September usually doesn't matter, let's see if they can get hot down the stretch like last year. 

The problem is, it does not matter how they respond to Seattle. It matters how they respond for 13 games, (52 quarters.)

There can't be any more of this sleepwalking through an entire half.  No more sloppy turnovers.  No more blown coverages. 

The team can have a bad quarter once in a while, mistakes happen, but they have to play with their hair on fire afterwards until the last snap.

And this franchise, quite simply, never does that.  They will continue this inconsistent, good one week and lousy the next, journey through eternal mediocrity.

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I didn't have a problem bringing Fitzpatrick back because he keeps us marginally competitive and it's clear at this point that Woody would rather remain in a state of marginal competitiveness forever than ever undertake a big-boy rebuild. The rest of this is spot-on.

As many have noted, not a whole lot else matters as long as the quarterback position is being as horribly mishandled as it has been. The thing is that while resigning Fitzpatrick doesn't change the fact that this is a team with no present and no future it at least prevents the kind of situation we had with Sanchez where the quarterback is just so completely horrible that the entire team regresses for multiple seasons. You can look at the guys we missed on like RJF did but the real problem is how it happened. Geno for a second is fine. Then we did nothing. Petty for a fourth and Fitzgerald for a sixth or whatever, also fine. Then we did worse than nothing. This team is just stupid.

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

As many have noted, not a whole lot else matters as long as the quarterback position is being as horribly mishandled as it has been. The thing is that while resigning Fitzpatrick doesn't change the fact that this is a team with no present and no future it at least prevents the kind of situation we had with Sanchez where the quarterback is just so completely horrible that the entire team regresses for multiple seasons. You can look at the guys we missed on like RJF did but the real problem is how it happened. Geno for a second is fine. Then we did nothing. Petty for a fourth and Fitzgerald for a sixth or whatever, also fine. Then we did worse than nothing. This team is just stupid.

[clears throat]

[takes a few practice breaths]

[licks lips]

[leans in]

[licks lips again]

[lips on microphone]

pro-style offense

7-3? Wow.

I would love to take the drug you take and have that level of optimism.

I still cannot help but see 1-5 looming on the horizon. Especially with inuries mounting. 2-4 at best. We knew that this season would be just like this.

Look at the rankings of our secondary. One of the absolute worst in the entire NFL.

We cannot stop anyone, D-line is completely wasted this year due to our non-existent defensive backfield.

DC

How about 2-3 Mr. Optimistic? Lol the Jets have been awful the first four games. All phases of the team have been atrocious. This is exactly how they came out of the gates last year until Bowles yelled at them. Remember the Oakland and Houston games last year? That's how this team is playing now. If they don't turn it around and win the next two the season is over.

oh and can you please start the game thread next week? Larz is officially fired!

you know we have all seen teams over the years over come bad starts but do any of you have any faith Todd Bowles can right this ship ?  Can he make the adjustments needed for this team to succeed ? I personally don't think he has a chance in hell and its all on him.

Archived