Maccagnan at Syr vs ND

AFJF

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mac could have passed on Hack or and got him or someone like him in the 3rd or 4th. They could have gotten another immediate impact player in the 2nd round. 

I don't disagree.  I wanted Lynch or Connor Cook in round 1....granted, that was before I found out Cook's dad is in the KKK or something like that.

23 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I don't disagree.  I wanted Lynch or Connor Cook in round 1....granted, that was before I found out Cook's dad is in the KKK or something like that.

I wanted no parts of Cook at all, even before his dad was outed as a racist. Lynch had to talk myself into it, but  I was ok with it.

My #1 preference was Brissett in the 3rd. If not, Cardale in the 4th

12 minutes ago, King P said:

I wanted no parts of Cook at all, even before his dad was outed as a racist. Lynch had to talk myself into it, but  I was ok with it.

My #1 preference was Brissett in the 3rd. If not, Cardale in the 4th

I was hoping for Lynch or Cook early, Dak in the middle rounds, or Nate Sudfeld late.

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Is Kizer a legitimate first round pick? As a die hard Fighting Irish fan I don't see it... no way is he a top pick

Is he a legitimate first round pick? Yes because he's a big, mobile QB who can flick the ball 60 yards without trying. Is a he a top pick? That remains to be seen, but QBs are always overvalued in the draft. What don't you see in him that makes you hesitant?

14 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I agree.   Draft one until you get one.   I was tongue and cheek in my post.  As a Wolfpack fan, I'm still pissed we drafted Stephen Hill and not Wilson. 

Ron Wolf told Maccagnan, "You draft one every year" (see link below). I am surprised that many on the site complain that we have done just that. It seems like a good policy to me. With diligence (and a little luck), sooner or later we will hit on one. Every once in a while, even a blind squirrel gets a nut.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/1/27/10835834/new-york-jets-offseason-mike-maccagnan-ron-wolf-quarterbacks

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

Isn't Glennon a free agent next year?

Young, strong arm, some game experience.... Should be had at about the same price as Fitz next year.

Unless Petty and Hack show something this season, I'm not sure MacDaddy has the time to develop another young QB.

Glennon could hit the ground running.

Archived