Todd Bowles says no loss in confidence in Fitz

AFJF

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Maybe the defense would be better if it had a decent lead once in a while, if the offense didn't have the opportunity to put points on the board only to settle for FGs or INTs.

If you're a defense that needs a lead to play well, then you're not a very good defense. The Jets don't have a very good defense. And it has nothing to do with the QB. 

Just now, phill1c said:

Maybe the defense would be better if it had a decent lead once in a while, if the offense didn't have the opportunity to put points on the board only to settle for FGs or INTs.

The offense has put up at least 17 points in evry single game the last two years other than the game before this one.  The defense, never makes a stop when it counts.  If the offense doees not play really well we lose and this team has put almost all resources into the D over the years.  This d that is suppsoed to be top 3-5 isn;t even middle of the pack, it sucks,

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you're a defense that needs a lead to play well, then you're not a very good defense. The Jets don't have a very good defense. And it has nothing to do with the QB. 

It helps to make the other team lose confidence and play one dimensional.

But, to be sure, I'm not confusing this Jets defense with a good NFL defense.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The offense has put up at least 17 points in evry single game the last two years other than the game before this one.  The defense, never makes a stop when it counts.  If the offense doees not play really well we lose and this team has put almost all resources into the D over the years.  This d that is suppsoed to be top 3-5 isn;t even middle of the pack, it sucks,

Putting up points after the game is already decided is pretty much a cherry-picked statistic that really doesn't support the notion that the offense is good. It's not. it's given away more points than it's scored, almost.

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm talking the second INT, the one that hit Marshall in the hands and he deflected to a DB.

A journeyman quarterback is going to throw one pick per game, it's how it goes. The pick that mattered still put the Seahawks over 60 yards away from paydirt and our defense did nothing to stop them. 

Name a skill player who played better than Ryan Fitzpatrick today. 

SAR I

Enunwa and Marshall 

The criticism of the defense is well founded. But it IS a balance between offense and defense. And the offense is certainly not picking up the defense and the defense is not picking up the offen

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Enunwa and Marshall 

Powell? the TE who dropped a pass. At least he only dropped ONE.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

It helps to make the other team lose confidence and play one dimensional.

But, to be sure, I'm not confusing this Jets defense with a good NFL defense.

The Jets had a 3-0 lead today. They had a lead against the Bengals. Many leads against the Bills. Which of those offenses lost confidence that they weren't going to be able to score? The Jets defense as a whole makes teams one dimensional because they're stout against the run but can't stop the pass. And they know it's coming. 

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

They want guys that can actually suit up on Sundays.  Amaro wasn't. Milliner wasn't. McDougle wasn't  

Davis is the blocking TE not relevant to any Amaro discussion. 

What does he add to this team?  Milliner got injured, I'm fine with that.  But what does Davis add to the team?  Or Bostick?  Or Bowman?  Or do we have 3 blocking TEs?  

I understand, Amaro wasn't going to be a huge part of the offense, I have no problem with that.  However, there has to be a rationale on the guys picked over him.  

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets had a 3-0 lead today. They had a lead against the Bengals. Many leads against the Bills. Which of those offenses lost confidence that they weren't going to be able to score? The Jets defense as a whole makes teams one dimensional because they're stout against the run but can't stop the pass. And they know it's coming. 

The offense fails to score points and use the clock the defense is always on the field 

The problem is the QB 

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If your offense scores 17 points they've failed. In today's NFL 17 points by an offense is flat out terrible.

I don't disagree that the supposedly elite defense is a far bigger disapointment so far this year. But 17 points? Gimme a break.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ok. You are correct.

They actually did win the Buffalo game, so I think that's an example of the defense playing well (enough) with a lead. To be honest, i'm really surprised at how bad the defense has played. Let's face it, there are NO UNITS on this team that have played well consistently.

Just now, phill1c said:

Ok. You are correct.

They actually did win the Buffalo game, so I think that's an example of the defense playing well (enough) with a lead. To be honest, i'm really surprised at how bad the defense has played. Let's face it, there are NO UNITS on this team that have played well consistently.

The 7th round punter has been the highlight of this season thus far. 

Oh, and then there's the notion that when the defense realizes it can't count on the offense, it puts more pressure to play perfect. Not an excuse, but it's pretty clear that the Jets offense has to string together 10-15 play drives to score. And everyone knows they ain't doing that.

Like I said before the beginning of the season.  I would rather go down with Geno at QB than to pay a QB with no accomplishments and a career of mediocrity 12 million to lead this team.  We could've been 1-3 and had 12 million for a DB that can cover!

We paid Fitz 12 mill  unfortunately the CS is not going to make the switch like they should. It's frustrating seeing Hackenberg look totally lost while we past on Lynch who we should have taken a shot on. Watching Dak P   who has yet to throw a pick as a rookie. Looks like we will ge to see what Lynch can do as Trevor S just went down. It's just frustrating. I would have rather traded a 2nd for Glennon than have taken Hack 

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Like I said before the beginning of the season.  I would rather go down with Geno at QB than to pay a QB with no accomplishments and a career of mediocrity 12 million to lead this team.  We could've been 1-3 and had 12 million for a DB that can cover!

In Macc we trust 

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If your offense scores 17 points they've failed. In today's NFL 17 points by an offense is flat out terrible.

I don't disagree that the supposedly elite defense is a far bigger disapointment so far this year. But 17 points? Gimme a break.

If your offense scores 17 points every single week they are giving you a chance to win if you have a good defense and adequate specials.  The jets have poured an ungodly amount of resources in money and picks into the defense over the years and the D virtually never wins us a game.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If your offense scores 17 points every single week they are giving you a chance to win if you have a good defense and adequate specials.  The jets have poured an ungodly amount of resources in money and picks into the defense over the years and the D virtually never wins us a game.

C'mon beerfish. If you're scoring the majority of those points AFTER several turnovers and the game is over you HAVEN'T given your team a chance to win. Could you be any more simplistic? why are your arguing that the offense is good, when the QB is probably the worst in the NFL? You can't win giving the ball away constantly, and, when he isn't doing that, leaving points on the board with FGs instead of TDs.

why are you so needing to defend the indefensible?

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree that the defense is more at fault because this teams identity is supposed to be defense. We've spent 8 consecutive first round picks on defense, signed an expensive secondary that looks like swiss cheese and our HC (and every HC we've had for 20 years) is a defensive minded guy and former DC.

That said, 17 points just isn't good, and the defense is often hamstrung by turnovers giving the other team points or great field position. The biggest issue here is that we need to look at where the league is going and adapt. This league is designed for great QBs and great offenses to succeed and win. We need to do whatever we can to get a great QB and a great offense.

Look at the Eagles -- they traded their draft for a top flight QB and they already look set for 15 years.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

17 points is not enough in today's NFL.  Even if you have a good defense.  Need to score over 20.  

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I'm done with Fitz.

If Petty isn't ready, throw Geno to the fire. At this point can it really get any worse?

It can't.  There is no way it can get worse than 6 interceptions.  Fitz has set the standard.

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It can't.  There is no way it can get worse than 6 interceptions.  Fitz has set the standard.

I keep reading that Bowles doesn't want to criticize Fitz because it will 'upset the veterans' .. if any of our veterans can't take a coach criticizing a QB on the pace for 48 ints - **** them. We don't need that BS losing culture. Your QB isn't supposed to just be a good guy. He's also supposed be able to QB.

I have no disillusions that Geno is the answer or the guy. But it's time to move on. If Petty can't play, put Geno out there. Teams have Fitz figured out.

Archived