Paxton Lynch starting for the Broncos

FTL Jet Fan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I liked Goff better because he put touch on his passes.  I think the biggest problem for a guy like Lynch is that defenses are going to create angle problems where he has to throw a perfect fastball to complete it, instead of dropping the ball over the top.

Anytime he faced a good defense in college he fell apart.  Like you said he has no touch on his passes which aren't accurate btw

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The closest Jets fans ever get to the feeling of having a good quarterback is by rooting for other teams to not have good quarterbacks.

Oh please if Lynch actually played well there's be two dozen threads already calling him the next Marino we passed up

20 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Oh please if Lynch actually played well there's be two dozen threads already calling him the next Marino we passed up

the irony here is that you're upset we're not killing Paxton Lynch after he's been in the league for ten minutes. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The closest Jets fans ever get to the feeling of having a good quarterback is by rooting for other teams to not have good quarterbacks.

This thread was created specifically to discuss Paxton Lynch starting and it turned into "LOL, LET'S SH*T ON MACC FOR TAKING A DIFFERENT QB IN THE SECOND AND PASSING ON LYNCH IN THE FIRST" in less than one page.  Then when Lynch looked like a flaming bag of dog sh*t worthy of the 3rd-4th round grade we supposedly had on him, those posters were awfully quiet.  Considering we've had to listen to those idiots clog the board with that stupidity almost every day in every single thread that tries to seriously discuss our draft picks and future prospects, yeah, I'd say I'm enjoying them looking like morons.  

Some here should stick to worrying about collecting SPARQ scorez, not actually discussing football.

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

the irony here is that you're upset we're not killing Paxton Lynch after he's been in the league for ten minutes. 

You mean like how others have done for all of our draft picks...despite our first rounder actually looking like, you know, a first round pick?

Jesus Christ, the lack of self awareness from some here is astounding.  It's actually impressive.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:25 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't read between the lines to come to that conclusion. He's the GM & if he really thought Lynch was a dramatically better prospect than Hackenberg he wouldn't have picked Lee then Hackenberg.

As likely, or more likely, reading between the lines (workouts, rumors, and the O'Brien connection from Houston) suggests that Maccagnan was obsessed with the idea of drafting Hackenberg: he felt he was getting a 1st round talent QB without having to burn a 1st round pick on him. Maccagnan made inquiries into trading up to #1/#2, but somehow I sense he really didn't want to do it because it would have meant passing on Hackenberg. Only way he was willing to trade up that high (yes, my opinion) is if he could get mid-high 1st round trade value for Mo, which simply wasn't happening. At the same time, simply inquiring about moving up suggests on paper he knows the value of a top QB.

That said, you may be right and theoretically it could be all on Bowles, but I don't think the GM takes orders from his underling (with a defense-only background) when it comes to assessing QB prospects. What the hell does Todd Bowles know about drafting or not drafting QBs? 

Until proven otherwise, this was Maccagnan's call. They may have both been in agreement on it, and I'll buy that, but no way MM thought Lynch was clearly the best QB he could get his hands on (after not trading up), in a ridiculously QB-driven league, and decided to draft an ILB instead. Looks to me he liked Hackenberg just as much, if not more so, and didn't want to let that one slip away.

From what I understand he wa specifically interested in Wentz. So it also suggests he knows QB talent when he sees it. So maybe we can give it some time to see what happens with Hackenberg 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This thread was created specifically to discuss Paxton Lynch starting and it turned into "LOL, LET'S SH*T ON MACC FOR TAKING A DIFFERENT QB IN THE SECOND AND PASSING ON LYNCH IN THE FIRST" in less than one page.  Then when Lynch looked like a flaming bag of dog sh*t worthy of the 3rd-4th round grade we supposedly had on him, those posters were awfully quiet.  Considering we've had to listen to those idiots clog the board with that stupidity almost every day in every single thread that tries to seriously discuss our draft picks and future prospects, yeah, I'd say I'm enjoying them looking like morons.  

He's thrown 59 passes in the NFL, completed 37 of them, and had one of them picked off. If that's "flaming dogsh*t," then Christian Hackenberg is a stillborn terrier who died of septic shock in the womb and was then thrown in a stew as some sort of Santeria pagan sacrifice.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:41 AM, Bugg said:

Have never been a draft nut. But having a kid getting recruited by admittedly lower level programs than PSU (and a different position than QB) , you see and hear a lot about players, programs and coaches. Not scientific, a lot of it amount to gossip and settling scores.. But what gave me great pause about the pick; despite a great frosh season, know from some college recruits that did some camps at PSU; Hackenberg is a complete douchebag to everyone and anyone at PSU.There's a lot of Jimmy Clausen comparisons, and that is not good.  I understand the offense got changed, but you make the best of it and deal with it. He didn't do that at all. Think of it; the guy was the starting QB for a storied Big 10 program; thats' the definition of having the world by the balls. He should have walked around with a smile on his face and a hot cheerleader on his arm 24/7. And he spent 3 years pouting and crying like a whiny little bitch. Unless he's an all world talent that can start very soon, would not want this guy anywhere near Florham Park. But it's done, and now the Jets have to make the best of it. 

Wow. This is like a transmission from Planet Alternate Reality 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's thrown 59 passes in the NFL, completed 37 of them, and had one of them picked off. If that's "flaming dogsh*t," then Christian Hackenberg is a stillborn terrier who died of septic shock in the womb and was then thrown in a stew as some sort of Santeria pagan sacrifice.

Christian Hackenberg was a 2nd round pick and can be moved on without too much consequence next year, just like Jimmy Clausen was all those years ago.  Paxton cannot.  Drafting Paxton Lynch would have also cost us the young linebacker we drafted over him that looks like he is going to be a pretty good player for the next few years.  Lynch looked completely f*cking lost against Atlanta, whose defense isn't exactly setting the world on fire either.  Don't sugarcoat it with numbers to protect the moustached boy wonder sweetheart. 

By the way, Hackenberg is not the topic here.  It's just laughable deflection.  By all means, continue to ironically sh*t all over someone early in their career while crying about people ripping into a guy early in his career.  If Lynch bombs, we don't look as stupid as half of the idiots on this forum b*tch about on a daily basis.  I really don't care if Hack becomes nothing more than a backup to be honest.  Will I be a little ticked off that we used a 2nd on a guy who didn't live up to it?  Yeah.  Will I really care if we end up drafting a top tier QB prospect next year or the year after?  No, not at all.  The cost of a second isn't what it used to be.   I'll lose zero sleep over it.  It was a low risk/high reward move that landed us a solid LB and we got a QB with, basically, equal potential a round later who can easily be moved on from if we want too.  

So again, as Ive been saying since draft day, rip the pick all you want, if Hack actually reaches his ceiling, we'll look like f*cking geniuses and have a QB for the next decade for a second rounder.  If not?  Then at least we can move on from our mistake, unlike the Broncos.  

If you're (and this isn't directly towards you Tom) going to clog the board with stupid sh*t everyday about how we passed on Paxton Lynch for Lee and Hack, don't be surprised if a couple people who have gotten sick of it rip into you.  I didn't hate Lynch all that much coming out of the draft.  I'm just sick of the "woe is us" lamenting attitude people have when it comes to him.

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you watched him play you would agree he looked like shlt until the game was done in the 4th.  He was ineffective and looked like he was in way over his head.   Playing a team without a defense and for a team universally credited with having the leagues best WR group.  I know his struggles don't help the "we blew it with another QB we should have drafted" agenda but that's just the way it is right now. 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Christian Hackenberg was a 2nd round pick and can be moved on without too much consequence next year, just like Jimmy Clausen was all those years ago.  Paxton cannot.  Drafting Paxton Lynch would have also cost us the young linebacker we drafted over him that looks like he is going to be a pretty good player for the next few years.  Lynch looked completely f*cking lost against Atlanta, whose defense isn't exactly setting the world on fire either.  Don't sugarcoat it with numbers to protect the moustached boy wonder sweetheart. 

By the way, Hackenberg is not the topic here.  It's just laughable deflection.  By all means, continue to ironically sh*t all over someone early in their career while b*tching about people ripping into a guy early in his career.  If Lynch bombs, we don't look as stupid as half of the idiots on this forum cry about on a daily basis.  I really don't care if Hack becomes nothing more than a backup to be honest.  Will I be a little ticked off that we used a 2nd on a guy who didn't live up to it?  Yeah.  Will I really care if we end up drafting a top tier QB prospect next year or the year after?  No, not at all.  The cost of a second isn't what it used to be.   I'll lose zero sleep over it.  It was a low risk/high reward move that landed us a solid LB and we got a QB with, basically, equal potential a round later who can easily be moved on from if we want too.  

So again, as Ive been saying since draft day, rip the pick all you want, if Hack actually reaches his ceiling, we'll look like f*cking geniuses and have a QB for the next decade for a second rounder.  If not?  Then at least we can move on from our mistake, unlike the Broncos.  

If you're going to clog the board with stupid sh*t everyday about how we passed on Paxton Lynch for Lee and Hack, don't be surprised if a couple people who have gotten sick of it rip into you.  I didn't hate Lynch all that much coming out of the draft.  I'm just sick of the "woe is us" lamenting attitude people have when it comes to him.

Lynch v Hackenberg is exactly the story because we passed on one to draft the other. 

28 minutes ago, Xtina said:

From what I understand he wa specifically interested in Wentz. So it also suggests he knows QB talent when he sees it. So maybe we can give it some time to see what happens with Hackenberg 

No.  Hack is clearly Ebola and Maccagnan is obviously the second coming of Hitler for drafting him.

Nice to see you posting here more and more buddy. Hope all is well. :)

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lynch v Hackenberg is exactly the story because we passed on one to draft the other. 

It's a non story until we know what either ultimately becomes.  Right now it's just another penis envy story for the sky is falling contingent

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you watched him play you would agree he looked like shlt until the game was done in the 4th.  He was ineffective and looked like he was in way over his head.   Playing a team without a defense and for a team universally credited with having the leagues best WR group.  I know his struggles don't help the "we blew it with another QB we should have drafted" agenda but that's just the way it is right now. 

He looked like a rookie QB whose right tackle was getting humiliated by Vic Beasley all day.

Just now, T0mShane said:

He looked like a rookie QB whose right tackle was getting humiliated by Vic Beasley all day.

No he looked like a QB who should have been nowhere near a starting gig.  And that's playing on a SB team with great WRs, running game and defense.  Against a bottom level defense.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's a non story until we know what either ultimately becomes.  Right now it's just another penis envy story for the sky is falling contingent

Ya boy Mogglez was flying the freak flag because Lynch struggled against the Falcons in his first start. Don't blame the darkseiders for that. We're a lot more shrewd with our talking points 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No it isn't as much as some here would like it to be.  We passed on Lynch, a QB/player who we didn't have a first round grade on, to draft Darron Lee, a player we had graded as a first round talent.  Maccagnan has stated time and time again they draft whoever they feel is a balance between BPA and best value based on position.  Obviously you aren't going to reach for a top Kicker (looking at you TB) over a QB.  They felt the LB was a better player and better value compared to the extremely raw QB and so far don't appear to be wrong.  THEN we took a QB who we felt was better VALUE with where we were taking him in the 2nd.

I have no problems reaching on a guy who you may have seen as a very late 2nd rounder-3rd rounder earlier on if you like him enough.  ESPECIALLY if it's a QB that you like.  There is literally almost no long term damage done.  This team is not a 2nd round corner/safety/guard (which we don't seem to need anymore with Winters finally seeming to click) away from being 4-1 instead of 1-4.  That is something we should all be able to agree on.

Again Tom, this isn't even really directed towards you.  I may disagree with you at times (such as Hack but I know im in the minority when I say I like him a lot), but just like TX, I look past your ability to troll people here with (hilarious) ease and also genuinely respect your opinion when you're being serious.  This is for the people who have literally dismantled any serious discussion (like this thread) since the season went down the sh*tter and have ruined this forum the last few weeks.  It's not even enjoyable to lurk here right now.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No it isn't as much as some here would like it to be.  We passed on Lynch, a QB/player who we didn't have a first round grade on, to draft Darron Lee, a player we had graded as a first round talent.  Maccagnan has stated time and time again they draft whoever they feel is a balance between BPA and best value based on position.  Obviously you aren't going to reach for a top Kicker (looking at you TB) over a QB.  They felt the LB was a better player and better value compared to the extremely raw QB and so far don't appear to be wrong.  THEN we took a QB who we felt was better VALUE with where we were taking him in the 2nd.

I have no problems reaching on a guy who you may have seen as a very late 2nd rounder-3rd rounder earlier on if you like him enough.  ESPECIALLY if it's a QB that you like.  There is literally almost no long term damage done.  This team is not a 2nd round corner/safety/guard (which we don't seem to need anymore with Winters finally seeming to click) away from being 4-1 instead of 1-4.  That is something we should all be able to agree on.

Again Tom, this isn't even really directed towards you.  I may disagree with you at times (such as Hack but I know im in the minority when I say I like him a lot), but just like TX, I look past your ability to troll people here with (hilarious) ease and also genuinely respect your opinion when you're being serious.  This is for the people who have literally dismantled any serious discussion (like this thread) since the season went down the sh*tter and have ruined this forum the last few weeks.  It's not even enjoyable to lurk here right now.

Thank you for your kind words. 

Also, when Hackenberg is cut and Paxton Lynch is making the Pro Bowl, I'm going to make you hold the belt loop on my skinny jeans and parade you around the Internet like a hot little prison slut-boy.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Why did the Panthers move on from Jimmy Clausen? I forget.

Because he sucked eggs...something that can easily happen with Hackenberg.  I have never ONCE denied that.  I have constantly stated that I know im in the minority in liking him and thinking he might pan out.  However, I'm not whining over someone else who hasn't looked any better, sh*tting on the player we took instead (and who actually looks good), or ripping the GM for taking a low risk high reward shot like others here have.  There's no real freak flag being waved here.  It's really throwing egg on the face of people who have ruined this thread and countless others, making this board unreadable by saying the same thing. Every. Single. Thread.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because you throw spaghetti at the wall and sometimes it sticks and sometimes it's like hey at least I got a marginal linebacker.

Even if Darron Lee comes out to be nothing more than marginal (I don't think he will based off of his flashes, he looks as good as advertised. Especially for a rookie) it's better than throwing spaghetti at the wall and getting the small school version of Blaine Gabbert, Brock Osweiler, or Jake Locker in the first instead. 

Again, I thought we weren't supposed to judge players too early.  C'mon man.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Even if Darron Lee comes out to be nothing more than marginal (I don't think he will based off of his flashes, he looks as good as advertised. Especially for a rookie) it's better than throwing spaghetti at the wall and getting the small school version of Blaine Gabbert, Brock Osweiler, or Jake Locker in the first instead. 

Again, I thought we weren't supposed to judge players too early.  C'mon man.

Mogglez. I read your posts. I know you're a really good poster and a smart dude. Now, I want you to print out this most recent post of yours, sit at the kitchen table, and use a yellow highliter to demarcate how many times you contradicted yourself in it.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mogglez. I read your posts. I know you're a really good poster and a smart dude. Now, I want you to print out this most recent post of yours, sit at the kitchen table, and use a yellow highliter to demarcate how many times you contradicted yourself in it.

Haha, I thiiink you're referring to the second part which I think just comes off that way because I'm trying to work and post at the same time and I'm not getting across what I mean in the best way, especially because it's a frustrating topic (I've had to edit basically everything so far).  I feel pretty consistent at least.

To recap, Mogglez think:

- Too early to judge ANY ONE.  So let's just stop trying to do it at all. With our guys and other teams players.

- Posts here in this thread are more directed towards posters, not prospects.  Lynch could still be good.  I'm not closing a book on any rookie barring a Johnny Manziel rookie season/ensuing off-season.

- What's done is done and I just so happen to like the Darron Lee/Hackenburger over just a single Lynchwhich that's more expensive.  Other people clearly disagree. They have constantly reminded everyone of that at every single turn which has dismantled discussions as badly as Geno vs Fitz threads.  Now, at this point of our season, we have BOTH.

- I like u too bb.

That probably helped no one other than my own fried brain, but I think I may summarized this clusterf*ck well enough.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Ya boy Mogglez was flying the freak flag because Lynch struggled against the Falcons in his first start. Don't blame the darkseiders for that. We're a lot more shrewd with our talking points 

It's really simple, he was awful, as most rookies are.  Problem isn't with that so much it's that he's stil being sold as a missed opportunity at an elite QB.  While he hasn't proved to be anything close to that.  But it's not stopping many from saying we should have drafted him.  And we're idiots for drafting Hackenberg.

Lynch, the 26th overall pick out of Memphis last April, got the starting nod because Siemian's bruised A.C. joint in his non-throwing shoulder was still bothering him a week after he was flung to the turf in Tampa.

It was Lynch who showed he wasn't ready Sunday, however.

He completed 23 of 35 passes for 223 yards with a late TD to Demaryius Thomas and an interception. He was sacked a half-dozen times.

Lynch's footwork was a mess and his overthrows and misfires ruined any chance the Broncos had of capitalizing on the league's 30th ranked defense, including the NFL's next-to-last pass defense and a patchwork linebacker corps.

Unlike Siemian, Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler, all of whom did enough to allow Denver's stout defense to secure the win during an NFL-best nine-game winning streak, Lynch couldn't avoid mistakes that doomed his team to defeat. He constantly held onto the ball too long and too often didn't make decisions or moves fast enough.

2 hours ago, Xtina said:

I hope so, too. Particularly since he's likely not going anywhere anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No.  Hack is clearly Ebola and Maccagnan is obviously the second coming of Hitler for drafting him.

Nice to see you posting here more and more buddy. Hope all is well. :)

BUDDY?!?!????!!!!! :lol:

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Haha, I thiiink you're referring to the second part which I think just comes off that way because I'm trying to work and post at the same time and I'm not getting across what I mean in the best way, especially because it's a frustrating topic (I've had to edit basically everything so far).  I feel pretty consistent at least.

To recap, Mogglez think:

- Too early to judge ANY ONE.  So let's just stop trying to do it at all. With our guys and other teams players.

- Posts here in this thread are more directed towards posters, not prospects.  Lynch could still be good.  I'm not closing a book on any rookie barring a Johnny Manziel rookie season/ensuing off-season.

- What's done is done and I just so happen to like the Darron Lee/Hackenburger over just a single Lynchwhich that's more expensive.  Other people clearly disagree. They have constantly reminded everyone of that at every single turn which has dismantled discussions as badly as Geno vs Fitz threads.  Now, at this point of our season, we have BOTH.

- I like u too bb.

That probably helped no one other than my own fried brain, but I think I may summarized this clusterf*ck well enough.

Posts from the future:

@Mogglez Grip this belt loop, homeboy.

Archived