Paxton Lynch starting for the Broncos

FTL Jet Fan

BOY THERE WERE SOME GUYS CHIRPING IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD OVER OUR GM PASSING ON HIM WHO WERE REAL QUIET AFTER LYNCH'S PERFORMANCE.  WHAT'S THE MATTER GUYS? DON'T GOT DANK JOKES FOR WHEN MACC LOOKS SMART?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

BOY THERE WERE SOME GUYS CHIRPING IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD OVER OUR GM PASSING ON HIM WHO WERE REAL QUIET AFTER LYNCH'S PERFORMANCE.  WHAT'S THE MATTER GUYS? DON'T GOT DANK JOKES FOR WHEN MACC LOOKS SMART?

I don't know why this has become a hot button issue to prove people right or wrong. Wentz is not the measuring stick. That's not normal to look that good that fast. 

Lynch looked no different than Derek Carr looked in his first game. Scattered, lost at times, but composed and capable of shouldering the offense. The game didn't look too big in either games he's played in. 

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't know why this has become a hot button issue to prove people right or wrong. Wentz is not the measuring stick. That's not normal to look that good that fast. 

Lynch looked no different than Derek Carr looked in his first game. Scattered, lost at times, but composed and capable of shouldering the offense. The game didn't look too big in either games he's played in. 

I agree with that.  That's why I made that post.  I have no interest really in being proven right or wrong.  I do, however, have an issue with "certain" posters who have shown time and time again that they're only interest is to be the first ones to say "I told you so" when it comes to someone that our GM didn't like that they liked.  These posters have decided that Macc has literally assaulted them and their families for not agreeing with them in regards to who our picks should be.  

Long story short: act like an immature and sarcastic as*hole that clogs this board with stupid little quips to derail a topic, I'm going to treat you as such.

Look, I know how you feel about Lynch bud and you've handled us passing on him just fine.  You're good people and are, in no way, shape, or form, one of the guys I was referring to.  I'm not gonna totally take a sh*t on a rookie QB in his first start and declare him a bust.  It contradicts everything I believe in and preach.  Just kinda enjoying the fact that some idiots were put in their place a bit.

I agree with that.  That's why I made that post.  I have no interest really in being proven right or wrong.  I do, however, have an issue with "certain" posters who have shown time and time again that they're only interest is to be the first ones to say "I told you so" when it comes to someone that our GM didn't like that they liked.  These posters have decided that Macc has literally assaulted them and their families for not agreeing with them in regards to who our picks should be.  
Long story short: act like an immature and sarcastic as*hole that clogs this board with stupid little quips to derail a topic, I'm going to treat you as such.
Look, I know how you feel about Lynch bud and you've handled us passing on him just fine.  You're good people and are in no way shape or form one of the guys I was referring to.  I'm not gonna totally take a sh*t on a rookie QB in his first start and declare him a bust.  It contradicts everything I believe in and preach.  Just kinda enjoying the fact that some idiots were put in their place a bit.

You're my favourite

...and yes, you're right. The I told you so crowd is alive and well. I've had a real hard time dealing with the hack situation but there's nothing to be said beyond I don't trust Macc wholly anymore. This next offseason will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

You're my favourite emoji851.png

...and yes, you're right. The I told you so crowd is alive and well. I've had a real hard time dealing with the hack situation but there's nothing to be said beyond I don't trust Macc wholly anymore. This next offseason will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D'aww you're making me blush ?.

See, that opinion you have on Hack is exactly why I can respect and accept your thought process.  You don't love the pick. Ok.  You question the GM a tad for not liking the pick.  Fine.  However, you have a reasoning for that (you didn't like the prospect) and you still trust the GM (to a degree) and realize that you aren't going to agree and like the persons choices all the time and that, ultimately, what's done is done so there's not much you can do but hope and pray that your...WRONG. YOU ARE OK WITH BEING WRONG BECAUSE YOU ROOT FOR THE LAUNDRY. NOT THE PLAYER. THE LAUNDRY.  I'm so f*cking sick of the sarcastic remarks that sh*t on Hackenberg and anybody that has a hopeful outlook on him.  Unfortunately those threads usually center around Paxton Lynch so yeah, I'd probably be lying if I said I didn't feel a little validated after his performance.  That said, one game doesn't make a career.  I said that for Hack in pre-season after the Philly sh*tshow, I'll say it for Lynch after Sunday. 

I just can't stand the smug mother f*cker's who would rather be right about a prospect than just suck it up and root for a kid to do well because it would solve all of our major problems. Sh*t-posting on a forum doesn't undraft the guy.  It just makes you honestly sound like a giant gaping p*ssy that must suck to deal with in the real world. Look, I knew from the very get go that I was in the minority in wanting Hackenberg.  I won't sh*t on someone who treats the situation like you do.  I will, however, sh*t all over someone who parades around like an idiot with sarcastic little comments here and there like their sh*t doesn't stink.  ESPECIALLY when they disappear from a discussion becaue they made themselves look like an idiot.  You wanna derail thread after thread with your stupidity?  Fine...but don't run and hide when it backfires and you look like you barely have a functioning brain.

/rant.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

See, that opinion you have on Hack is exactly why I can respect and accept your thought process.  You don't love the pick. Ok.  You question the GM a tad for not liking the pick.  Fine.  However, you have a reasoning for that (you didn't like the prospect) and you still trust the GM (to a degree) and realize that you aren't going to agree and like the persons choices all the time and that, ultimately, what's done is done so there's not much you can do but hope and pray that your...WRONG. YOU ARE OK WITH BEING WRONG BECAUSE YOU ROOT FOR THE LAUNDRY. NOT THE PLAYER. THE LAUNDRY.  I'm so f*cking sick of the sarcastic remarks that sh*t on Hackenberg and anybody that has a hopeful outlook on him.  Unfortunately those threads usually center around Paxton Lynch so yeah, I'd probably be lying if I said I didn't feel a little validated after his performance.  That said, one game doesn't make a career.  I said that for Hack in pre-season after the Philly sh*tshow, I'll say it for Lynch after Sunday. 

I just can't stand the smug mother f*cker's who would rather be right about a prospect than just suck it up and root for a kid to do well because it would solve all of our major problems. Sh*t-posting on a forum doesn't undraft the guy.  It just makes you honestly sound like a giant gaping p*ssy that must suck to deal with in the real world. Look, I knew from the very get go that I was in the minority in wanting Hackenberg.  I won't sh*t on someone who treats the situation like you do.  I will, however, sh*t all over someone who parades around like an idiot with sarcastic little comments here and there like their sh*t doesn't stink.  ESPECIALLY when they disappear from a discussion becaue they made themselves look like an idiot.  You wanna derail thread after thread with your stupidity?  Fine...but don't run and hide when it backfires and you look like you barely have a functioning brain.

/rant.

layin pipe in the forum here. lol. 

I don't need to reiterate it, I think you covered all the bases there. 

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

/rant.

Since I stared the thread I assume it is me you are referring to . I wanted us to take Lynch and not Hack but I have never bashed the pick or hoped that Hack will fail. If you look at all my threads you will see my support for Hack now that he is a Jet.  

7 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Since I stared the thread I assume it is me you are referring to . I wanted us to take Lynch and not Hack but I have never bashed the pick or hoped that Hack will fail. If you look at all my threads you will see my support for Hack now that he is a Jet.  

Nope. Not you.  I've seen you support the pick and the player.  No worries.

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

So Hackenburg who hasn't even played yet lets just dismiss him but Lynch, who has played and looked bad, he's the next Derek Carr but 10x better

Okey dokey

Our depth chart:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Bryce Petty

Geno Smith

Hackenburg.

The less you play the better you are, we all know this.  Fug, Cody Kessler has been competent with the Browns, Prescott a revelation with Dallas.

Our boy is so bad he can't beat out any of the triumvirate of evil.

There was a time when everyone thought Tannehill was emerging as a franchise QB. People thought Elway was a genius for drafting and developing Osweiller. Now both are hot garbage. Paxton Lynch may evolve into a star, but more likely he will follow the path of guys like Tannehiill and Osweiller. 

17 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Lynch looked good in his first game.  Not everyone is Wentz.  It's typical to be more up and down as a rookie.  Don't bet on him being a failure.  The Denver FO, current defending world champs, say hello.

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

So Hackenburg who hasn't even played yet lets just dismiss him but Lynch, who has played and looked bad, he's the next Derek Carr but 10x better

Okey dokey

You're a big fan of red herrings, I see. 

I watched Lynch his first game, and he looked good.  This was after the Denver FO traded up for him, and after the Jets took Hack who played for the most part like sh!t in camp.  And then the Jets FO stashed him for a whole season when the other Qb's are mediocre (Fitz) to awful (Smith) to unproven (Petty).  But I didn't see anyone say this alone means Hack is destined to fail.  No one DISMISSED Hack.  At most some did, and still have reason to, question how the way the Jets are handling him and how he as performed so far relates to whether it is reasonable to have confidence in him. 

Do YOU have confidence in Hackenberg?  If not, it's time to stuff your red herring.

34 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Lynch looked good in his first game.  Not everyone is Wentz.  It's typical to be more up and down as a rookie.  Don't bet on him being a failure.  The Denver FO, current defending world champs, say hello.

He was not good by any stretch of the imagination against Tampa, a horrible team, and he didn't look good against the Falcons.  I have no idea what games you were watching.  Besides that, If you read my other posts in this thread you'd know exactly how I feel about Lynch AND Wentz.  

Also, the Denver FO built that team primarily through FA's that they lured there by using Manning, another FA, as bait.  John Elway has done absolutely nothing to make it seem like he has any more knowledge on QB's than anyone else.  I'm really sick and tired of the Elway/Denver circlejerk.  The only Franchise that seems to be able to churn out more decent QB's than everyone else over the last century is Green Bay.  Favre, Hasselbeck, Rodgers, Flynn was a spot starter, and I'm sure there's more.  Everyone else is throwing sh*t at a wall and hoping it sticks.

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He was not good by any stretch of the imagination against Tampa, a horrible team, and he didn't look good against the Falcons.  I have no idea what games you were watching.  Besides that, If you read my other posts in this thread you'd know exactly how I feel about Lynch AND Wentz.  

Also, the Denver FO built that team primarily through FA's that they lured there by using Manning, another FA, as bait.  John Elway has done absolutely nothing to make it seem like he has any more knowledge on QB's than anyone else.  I'm really sick and tired of the Elway/Denver circlejerk.  The only Franchise that seems to be able to churn out more decent QB's than everyone else over the last century is Green Bay.  Favre, Hasselbeck, Rodgers, Flynn was a spot starter, and I'm sure there's more.  Everyone else is throwing sh*t at a wall and hoping it sticks.

I get you are in love with your POV on Lynch, but just stop.  He had poise without any prep against TB and was effective.

I don't give a  sh!t whether you are tired about Denver.  They are the defending SB champs.  That counts for something with me even if it doesn't with you.  But just keep patting yourself on the back for your POV.  Which I don't follow, and don't know why I should.

18 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

They also drafted Osweiler and tried to give him a $45 million deal.

Elway is fallible

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Our depth chart:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Bryce Petty

Geno Smith

Hackenburg.

The less you play the better you are, we all know this.  Fug, Cody Kessler has been competent with the Browns, Prescott a revelation with Dallas.

Our boy is so bad he can't beat out any of the triumvirate of evil.

I didn't even want Hackenburg but to bash this guy is so unfair.  

You realize Lynch was 3rd on Denver's depth chart until they made a rash decision to cut Sanchez?  If Siemian gets injured again Denvers season is over

Archived