Time to switch QBs

Maxman

25 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

+1 me too. It does nobody any good to play Geno Smith as we all know he is a goner next year

+1

And not only that, they'll vandalize MetLife Stadium if Geno Smith ever makes an appearance this season.  In my section there was almost a fight over Geno Smith during the Bengals game.  Guy who sits behind me, hysterical guy, very nice too, brings my kids cookies, every time some Jet makes a bonehead play he yells out "GENO!" and makes us all laugh, you know, like what could be worse than calling for Geno Smith to play. 

Well at the Bengals game this Stubhubber is sitting across the aisle, he's some 30 year old biker guy in a Pennsylvania Jets Bike Club t-shirt, and he hears our guy yell "GENO!" after a Fitzpatrick incompletion and the guy goes apesh*t, he turns to our friend, curses him out, curses out his mother, really foul language, saying that if Geno Smith ever plays for the Jets again he is going to hurt people.  Took us 10 minutes to calm the dude down.

Jetmageddon if Geno Smith plays a home game.

SAR I

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We ARE getting the same results from Fitzpatrick that we got last year.  That's the point.  Look at the body of work, not just the KC outlier.  We have the same Fitzpatrick.

What has changed is we are playing elite teams, our defense is brutal, our WR's are injured, and our RB production is non-existent.  And don't get me started on the offensive coordinator or the head coach or the malcontents playing soft.  One can easily argue that Fitzpatrick is playing at a higher level this year when you consider the obstacles thrown in his way this year vs. last.

The only reason you sign a 34 year old journeyman is because you know your backup is a bust who is going to be working at a car wash next spring.  If you are angry at the Jets performance this year, first thing you do is look to the guy who was by year four supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  When he busted we reacted and a clown like Fitzpatrick was the best we could do, top-notch quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

SAR I

This is what I'm talking about.  Where you need my help with your categorically false statements and inaccurate stats.  

Fitz after 5 games last year.  7:7 TD/INT plus a rushing TD.   63.7% comp %, 1177 yards.  4-1 record. 

Fitz after 5 games this year:  5:10 TD/INT, no rushing TD's.  57.81 comp %, 1276 yards. 1-4 record.

That's not the same.

There competition is not elite no matter how many times you say it.  Seattle scored 3pts vs. the Rams.  The Steelers got shutout by the Eagles.  That doesnt happen to elite teams. I'm laughing at the thought of the Bills and Bengals being elite.

The reason why Fitz is your starter is because Bowles loves him.  There were better options available via draft and FA.  Brian Hoyer (who led his team to the playoffs last year) is currently completing 71% of his passes and has 6 TD's with 0 INT's, he was a FA that Jets didnt even consider because they are in love with Fitz who was announced the starter on Jan 16.  Never mind Dak Prescott shredding the league and Sam Bradford leading the Vikings to an unblemished start to the season. Or Cody Kessler or Paxton Lynch or hell, your boy Mark. 

Those options were never considered because <3 Fitz and maybe <3 Hack.  This is everything about Fitz and nothing about Geno.

Hit me up.  I wont bend you over on rate.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

And not only that, they'll vandalize MetLife Stadium if Geno Smith ever makes an appearance this season.  In my section there was almost a fight over Geno Smith during the Bengals game.  Guy who sits behind me, hysterical guy, very nice too, brings my kids cookies, every time some Jet makes a bonehead play he yells out "GENO!" and makes us all laugh, you know, like what could be worse than calling for Geno Smith to play. 

Well at the Bengals game this Stubhubber is sitting across the aisle, he's some 30 year old biker guy in a Pennsylvania Jets Bike Club t-shirt, and he hears our guy yell "GENO!" after a Fitzpatrick incompletion and the guy goes apesh*t, he turns to our friend, curses him out, curses out his mother, really foul language, saying that if Geno Smith ever plays for the Jets again he is going to hurt people.  Took us 10 minutes to calm the dude down.

Jetmageddon if Geno Smith plays a home game.

SAR I

In your section really? Wow i thought it was heaven there. Did you text for help?  

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Better yet, tell us again how Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't Joe Montana and we are all being fooled.

SAR I

It seems the fan base knows what Ryan Fitzpatrick is but the offensive coaching staff seems to think he's a gun slinger. This should be a ball control offense similar to what a lot of other teams run namely the Patriots. Instead we have Fitz throwing the ball 20-30 yards downfield to the point I think he leads the NFL or is close to the lead in passes over 20 yards. How in the fcuk does that make sense ?

This offense is very predictable and plays to the weaknesses of its personnel rather than the strengths. Running Forte up the Middle constantly. Always throwing to the sidelines and abandoning the middle of the field. Slants ? WTF is a slant ? Screens ? WTF is a screen ? Roll Outs with a mobile QB ? WTF is a rollout ?

1 minute ago, August said:

The rest of the league had the Jets right where they wanted them. Brilliant 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is at the top of the NFL backup quarterback list, some contender would have paid him $8M or so which is the going rate.

This is what happens when you neglect the young first rounder you drafted in 2009 and choose poorly with the young second rounder you drafted in 2013; you wind up in quarterback purgatory, you take what you can get from the scrap heap.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best we can do right now.  That's on Geno, not Ryan Fitzpatrick, not Mike Maccagnan. 

See, those two are doing the best then can to correct a bust.  The bust is doing nothing but whining.  And you support him.  I really question your values and your loyalty.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is at the top of the NFL backup quarterback list, some contender would have paid him $8M or so which is the going rate.

This is what happens when you neglect the young first rounder you drafted in 2009 and choose poorly with the young second rounder you drafted in 2013; you wind up in quarterback purgatory, you take what you can get from the scrap heap.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best we can do right now.  That's on Geno, not Ryan Fitzpatrick, not Mike Maccagnan. 

See, those two are doing the best then can to correct a bust.  The bust is doing nothing but whining.  And you support him.  I really question your values and your loyalty.

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bum he was always a bum the NY Jets have put themselves into a position where they have to rely on him to be the QB of this  team sadly thats on management and coaching keeps him in the game even though he should be holding a clipboard for the rest of this season. 

Lets see Macc's 2nd round pick that quite obviously was another bust and waste of a pick, 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I he is at the bottom of every statistic QB related he leads the league in turnovers. 

Sadly you are WRONG. 

My pick if the season ended today would be Qunicy Enunwa. 

Oh, and our defense isn't at the bottom of every statistic?  They don't lead the league in blown coverages and bombs over 40 yards?

Ironic you choose a wide receiver as team MVP.  I guess the guy getting him the ball isn't half bad.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, and our defense isn't at the bottom of every statistic?  They don't lead the league in blown coverages and bombs over 40 yards?

Ironic you choose a wide receiver as team MVP.  I guess the guy getting him the ball isn't half bad.

SAR I

The passes being thrown are errant under thrown overthrown behind receivers Enunwa has managed quite well with all that going on. 

Did you buy a Fitzpatrick jersey and grow a beard. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Many anointed Ryan Fitzpatrick the greatest QB in Jets history after last season you were all giddy goosing each other growing beards buying Fitz magic t-shirts you were on the bandwagon. 

I never was and never will be. 

Another falsehood to support your nonsense that Geno Smith is being persecuted by the Jets front office.

There are no Ryan Fitzpatrick fans.  I haven't seen a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey on the back of a fan either at MetLife or on TV.  And if some guy wants to market t-shirts on line, that doesn't mean anyone is buying them, I never saw anyone wearing those either.

In order for the Geno Smith myth to hold water you need to pretend that there are Ryan Fizpatrick fans.  There aren't any.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So we are going to move every underachiever CB to S imagine that we can put a defense on the field with 4 Safetys. 

Williams is terrible he needs to be benched once and for all. 

I think Williams actually has the skillset to play safety well. I wouldn't say the same for the other CBs on our roster. 

Just now, SAR I said:

Another falsehood to support your nonsense that Geno Smith is being persecuted by the Jets front office.

There are no Ryan Fitzpatrick fans.  I haven't seen a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey on the back of a fan either at MetLife or on TV.  And if some guy wants to market t-shirts on line, that doesn't mean anyone is buying them, I never saw anyone wearing those either.

In order for the Geno Smith myth to hold water you need to pretend that there are Ryan Fizpatrick fans.  There aren't any.

SAR I

I havent mentioned Geno Smith all damn day you are infatuated with him not me.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I blame Marcus Williams to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It seems the fan base knows what Ryan Fitzpatrick is but the offensive coaching staff seems to think he's a gun slinger. This should be a ball control offense similar to what a lot of other teams run namely the Patriots. Instead we have Fitz throwing the ball 20-30 yards downfield to the point I think he leads the NFL or is close to the lead in passes over 20 yards. How in the fcuk does that make sense ?

This offense is very predictable and plays to the weaknesses of its personnel rather than the strengths. Running Forte up the Middle constantly. Always throwing to the sidelines and abandoning the middle of the field. Slants ? WTF is a slant ? Screens ? WTF is a screen ? Roll Outs with a mobile QB ? WTF is a rollout ?

the offense has no strengths.  the o-line is beat up, they have no power runners, no TE yet (maybe ASJ changes this), and their 2nd best wr out.  and they have a crappy qb.  that's why this offense sucks.

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So did I, I thought the defense could win us games.  So if you're keeping score its:

1 - Games Ryan Fizpatrick won
0 - Games the Jets defense won

You do realize that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the leading candidate for team MVP right now, yes?

SAR I

So Fitzpatrick is 1-4 awesome!!!

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is what I'm talking about.  Where you need my help with your categorically false statements and inaccurate stats.  

Fitz after 5 games last year.  7:7 TD/INT plus a rushing TD.   63.7% comp %, 1177 yards.  4-1 record. 

Fitz after 5 games this year:  5:10 TD/INT, no rushing TD's.  57.81 comp %, 1276 yards. 1-4 record.

That's not the same.

There competition is not elite no matter how many times you say it.  Seattle scored 3pts vs. the Rams.  The Steelers got shutout by the Eagles.  That doesnt happen to elite teams. I'm laughing at the thought of the Bills and Bengals being elite.

The reason why Fitz is your starter is because Bowles loves him.  There were better options available via draft and FA.  Brian Hoyer (who led his team to the playoffs last year) is currently completing 71% of his passes and has 6 TD's with 0 INT's, he was a FA that Jets didnt even consider because they are in love with Fitz who was announced the starter on Jan 16.  Never mind Dak Prescott shredding the league and Sam Bradford leading the Vikings to an unblemished start to the season. Or Cody Kessler or Paxton Lynch or hell, your boy Mark. 

Those options were never considered because <3 Fitz and maybe <3 Hack.  This is everything about Fitz and nothing about Geno.

Hit me up.  I wont bend you over on rate.

Come now, that's a lot of typing but your premise is completely undermined by your datapoints.  Talk about your false statements and inaccurate stats, LOL.

The Jets first 4 games last year:

Browns (3-13)
at Colts (8-8)
Eagles (7-9)
at Dolphins (6-10)

Not one team with a winning record, 2 games at home, 1 game on a neutral field, this not even remotely comparable to this year's gauntlet to open the season.  At the end of the season, trust me, the Steelers, Seahawks, Bengals, and Chiefs will be in the playoffs and, Christ, the Bills might be too.  And if you don't like my word choice, if "elite" is too narrow a term, just call them "winners" or "playoff-caliber", something the Jets barely saw last season.

The reason that Fitzpatrick is on the team instead of one of the other vets you mentioned is because he had a chemistry with his offense, demonstrated leadership, and performed in big spots last year.  While Maccagnan waits for his babes to incubate Fitzpatrick made the most sense due to his comfort in Gailey's system and the modicum of success he had last year.  If our schedule started with the easy 7 games first, we'd be in wildcard position right now and no one would be complaining. 

SAR I

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Really? and you question others loyalty and commitment to the this team. 

pretty sure he was brought in to plug a gap while our your QBs learned which I am alright with. What i am not alright with is throwing our young QBs out there and killing them before they are ready. I am hopeful that Petty or Hack will develop into something for us but i don't want to see what happened to Sanchez and what happened to Geno happen to them.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

pretty sure he was brought in to plug a gap while our your QBs learned which I am alright with. What i am not alright with is throwing our young QBs out there and killing them before they are ready. I am hopeful that Petty or Hack will develop into something for us but i don't want to see what happened to Sanchez and what happened to Geno happen to them.

There were better cheaper options and what are our young QB's learning from Ryan Fitzpatrick?   

Just now, joewilly12 said:

There were better cheaper options and what are our young QB's learning from Ryan Fitzpatrick?   

Sari said it best. Fitzpatrick already had chemistry with our offense. He already knew the playbook and the system. Why bring in a temporary bridge QB who knows nothing. Quite honestly I also think Macc was expecting Fitz to play a little bit better and i don't think he wants to be put in a position again where we can draft one of the top QB prospects I think we are going to start winning a few games soon though, I don't think the Cardinals are as strong as they were last season and after them the schedule starts to soften up on us. We will probably be somewhere around 7-9 or 8-8 this season but we should have more wiggle room to work with next season than we had this off season. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The passes being thrown are errant under thrown overthrown behind receivers Enunwa has managed quite well with all that going on. 

Did you buy a Fitzpatrick jersey and grow a beard. 

We can't stop opponents from scoring.  We can't run the ball.  We are constantly out-coached. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is our entire offense right now, we throw the ball like crazy because we can't move on the ground and our defense gets torched mercilessly.  And despite all the challenges thrown his way with this pathetic excuse of a defense, undisciplined special teams, horrific coaching, stupid gameplans, disappearing Matt Forte, two injured starting receivers, and the only secondary in the NFL giving a 25 yard cushion...

...Ryan Fitzpatrick won the Buffalo game, had the Bengals game won, had us within a score against the Seahawks, and had a great first half at Pittsburgh.  He's team MVP right now.  You should be praising him.

SAR I

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Sari said it best. Fitzpatrick already had chemistry with our offense. He already knew the playbook and the system. Why bring in a temporary bridge QB who knows nothing. Quite honestly I also think Macc was expecting Fitz to play a little bit better and i don't think he wants to be put in a position again where we can draft one of the top QB prospects I think we are going to start winning a few games soon though, I don't think the Cardinals are as strong as they were last season and after them the schedule starts to soften up on us. We will probably be somewhere around 7-9 or 8-8 this season but we should have more wiggle room to work with next season than we had this off season. 

7-9 8-8 gets us nowhere and also gets a sh*tty draft pick and once again Jets fans we watch other teams in the playoffs!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I havent mentioned Geno Smith all damn day you are infatuated with him not me.

You don't have to say Geno Smith to say Geno Smith.  You aren't going to beat me at the internet, sorry.  Stick to subject matter.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

7-9 8-8 gets us nowhere and also gets a sh*tty draft pick and once again Jets fans we watch other teams in the playoffs!!!!!!

Lol the draft is a crapshoot. good players are found deep in each round and crap players are tricking teams early. I have faith that Macc will find us players no matter where we draft. To hope your team sucks so you get a good pick is absurd. We will likely be watching other teams in the Playoffs this year but unfortunatly i think that would be the case no matter who our starting QB was. No team with a secondary this bad can be successful. No team that doesn't make adjustments after half time can be successful. our depressing start to the season is not all on Fitz.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Lol the draft is a crapshoot. good players are found deep in each round and crap players are tricking teams early. I have faith that Macc will find us players no matter where we draft. To hope your team sucks so you get a good pick is absurd. We will likely be watching other teams in the Playoffs this year but unfortunatly i think that would be the case no matter who our starting QB was. No team with a secondary this bad can be successful. No team that doesn't make adjustments after half time can be successful. our depressing start to the season is not all on Fitz.

i root for wins 

I dont put much faith in the draft as a Jets fan 

52 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

My opinion?  With Brick and Ivory gone we can't run the ball anymore.  With Decker gone and Marshall gimpy we can't reliably throw the ball anymore.

What's going on now is eerily similar to Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez in 2012 where a team built for "We'll Take Two Of Yours" defense and a "ground and pound" ground attack failed in both areas and the only strategy that could produce something marginally successful was the passing game.  So Sanchez was asked to air it out 40 times a game to weak receivers and the whole world declared Mark Sanchez a bad quarterback because he was forced to be something he was not and could never be.

So I don't think that our OC thinks he's a gunslinger; I think we are being forced to gunsling because we can't run and we can't stop opponents from putting a quick 20 on us.  Fitzpatrick is a journeyman with a popgun arm, he's a game manager built for incorporation with a strong running game and short field position and he's getting neither.

SAR I

3 hours ago, August said:

The defense being bad and Ryan Fitzpatrick sucking are two different issues. I don't recall people deflecting to the defense whenever Geno played like trash when he was the starter so why do that now? 

How come a poster with a start date here of September 29th speaks in this post with claimed personal knowledge of what was posted here when Smith was the starter in 13 and 14?

Busted.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you text security when that bad man started trouble in your heaven section at MetLife? 

Almost, but we were able to talk some sense in to him and calm him down.

That's the problem with alcohol; turns normal people into zoo animals.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Almost, but we were able to talk some sense in to him and calm him down.

That's the problem with alcohol; turns normal people into zoo animals.

SAR I

Glad you're ok and that the bad man didnt harm you or your family my goodness that must have been a really upsetting experience I hope no one spilled  pompon on the argyle or hush puppies or stained the fruit of the looms out of fear. 

16 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

How come a poster with a start date here of September 29th speaks in this post with claimed personal knowledge of what was posted here when Smith was the starter in 13 and 14?

Busted.

I lurked here and on another board for a long time before I decided to join. 

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We can't stop opponents from scoring.  We can't run the ball.  We are constantly out-coached. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is our entire offense right now, we throw the ball like crazy because we can't move on the ground and our defense gets torched mercilessly.  And despite all the challenges thrown his way with this pathetic excuse of a defense, undisciplined special teams, horrific coaching, stupid gameplans, disappearing Matt Forte, two injured starting receivers, and the only secondary in the NFL giving a 25 yard cushion...

...Ryan Fitzpatrick won the Buffalo game, had the Bengals game won, had us within a score against the Seahawks, and had a great first half at Pittsburgh.  He's team MVP right now.  You should be praising him.

SAR I

And don't forget how Mangold went out midway through the 3rd last Sunday.  No coincidence the O ground to a halt thereafter.  As of that point the only starter on OL from last year was Carpenter, who got hurt earlier this season.  Clady has been more dependable but is making some penalties. 

Of course Qvale looked good at RG, but still.  Ijalana had some issues, too.

Just now, Big Blocker said:

And don't forget how Mangold went out midway through the 3rd last Sunday.  No coincidence the O ground to a halt thereafter.  As of that point the only starter on OL from last year was Carpenter, who got hurt earlier this season.  Clady has been more dependable but is making some penalties. 

Of course Qvale looked good at RG, but still.  Ijalana had some issues, too.

Excuses?

Archived