Time to switch QBs

Maxman

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Insane to see how often this has to be repeated.  

I think I've seen all off Fitz's biggest supporters (myself included), say he should be benched or that he's been very bad.  Nobody is arguing this.  Yet I continually see "stop making excuses for Fitz" in these threads. 

The entire team has been a complete disaster, but refusing to blame one guy for all if it is "making excuses"?

Some call them "haters" others call them (Jets) "fans"

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, August said:

And if the offense scores more it takes less pressure off the defense. It's a 2 way street. But god forbid the defense for not being the 2015 Broncos. 

Stop right there.  In your attempt at sarcasm you actually hit the nail on the head.

EVERYONE expected a team stacked with this much talent, this many first round draft picks, and this much salary cap to absolutely play like a Top 5 defense, just like the 2015 Broncos.

NO ONE expected a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years to suddenly play like a Top 5 quarterback.

So when you hold them both accountable to the same standard it is MORONIC.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop right there.  In your attempt at sarcasm you actually hit the nail on the head.

EVERYONE expected a team stacked with this much talent, this many first round draft picks, and this much salary cap to absolutely play like a Top 5 defense, just like the 2015 Broncos.

NO ONE expected a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years to suddenly play like a Top 5 quarterback.

SAR I

SAR I MOST expected the same results from Fitzpatrick they got last year and thats a FACT 

The FACT that he isn't providing them has brought out all the excuses in the book 

You don't sign a 34 yr old journeyman gypsy bum QB for $ 12 million when you draft a QB in the 2nd round and have 2 other QB's on the roster. 

Mismanagement poor coaching dumb owner take your choice. 

We are a very weak 1-4 football team that I feel the coach has lost the team. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Well he held out because he thought he should be paid like a top 10 QB. 

Fans and media told me he's the new Rich Gannon

We "needed" Fitzpatrick to win and without him we'd be bad, and during that time I don't recall anyone bringing up the defense it was Fitzpatrick or bust.

1 minute ago, August said:

We "needed" Fitzpatrick to win and without him we'd be bad, and during that time I don't recall anyone bringing up the defense it was Fitzpatrick or bust.

Sadly our pitiful organization was held hostage by this bum and the outcome isn't a good one. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I MOST expected the same results from Fitzpatrick they got last year and thats a FACT 

The FACT that he isn't providing them has brought out all the excuses in the book 

You don't sign a 34 yr old journeyman gypsy bum QB for $ 12 million when you draft a QB in the 2nd round and have 2 other QB's on the roster. 

Mismanagement poor coaching dumb owner take your choice. 

We are a very weak 1-4 football team that I feel the coach has lost the team. 

We ARE getting the same results from Fitzpatrick that we got last year.  That's the point.  Look at the body of work, not just the KC outlier.  We have the same Fitzpatrick.

What has changed is we are playing elite teams, our defense is brutal, our WR's are injured, and our RB production is non-existent.  And don't get me started on the offensive coordinator or the head coach or the malcontents playing soft.  One can easily argue that Fitzpatrick is playing at a higher level this year when you consider the obstacles thrown in his way this year vs. last.

The only reason you sign a 34 year old journeyman is because you know your backup is a bust who is going to be working at a car wash next spring.  If you are angry at the Jets performance this year, first thing you do is look to the guy who was by year four supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  When he busted we reacted and a clown like Fitzpatrick was the best we could do, top-notch quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

SAR I

We ARE getting the same results from Fitzpatrick that we got last year.  That's the point.  Look at the body of work, not just the KC outlier.  We have the same Fitzpatrick.

What has changed is we are playing elite teams, our defense is brutal, our WR's are injured, and our RB production is non-existent.  One can easily argue that Fitzpatrick is playing at a higher level this year when you consider the obstacles thrown in his way this year vs. last.

The only reason you sign a 34 year old journeyman is because you know your backup is a bust who is going to be working at a car wash next spring.  If you are angry at the Jets performance this year, first thing you do is look to the guy who was by year four supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  When he busted we reacted and a clown like Fitzpatrick was the best we could do, top-notch quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

SAR I

Sadly I disagree with you on all counts. 

Fitzpatrick is at the bottom of everything NFL football QB this season. 

Geno Smith played under the very same conditions Ryan Fitzpatrick is crumbling under maybe worse and still managed an 8-8 season 

No team in the NFL wanted a 34 year old QB except the Jets and people expect a different outcome

We draft all the wrong players.hire all the wrong coaches and until it stops nothing will change here. 

10 minutes ago, August said:

No, he held out because he knew if the Jets didn't sign him for $12M he could get a lower offer from better teams any time he wanted.  We blinked because Geno Smith is that bad.

I don't know what media you listen to, but none of the local newspapers, WFAN, or this forum were flooded with assumptions that he would be Rich Gannon.

We needed Fitzpatrick because Geno sucks so bad, period.  And if you thought this team was going to win 12 games on the strength of its quarterback, wow,  you need to stop reading comic books and buy yourself an encyclopedia.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly I disagree with you on all counts. 

Fitzpatrick is at the bottom of everything NFL football QB this season. 

Geno Smith played under the very same conditions Ryan Fitzpatrick is crumbling under maybe worse and still managed an 8-8 season 

No team in the NFL wanted a 34 year old QB except the Jets and people expect a different outcome

We draft all the wrong players.hire all the wrong coaches and until it stops nothing will change here. 

Here is a problem, you are becoming nyjunc in that you are suing metrics for performance this year that you totally discounted last year and in the off season.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Here is a problem, you are becoming nyjunc in that you are suing metrics for performance this year that you totally discounted last year and in the off season.

Last year was a fluke I realized we were playing the easiest schedule in the league this isn't my first rodeo. 

Sadly we have regressed to the point where we are a football team in shambles on and off the field. 

The fan base is split and many are still failing to see Ryan Fitzpatrick for what he trully is. 

We need changes on and off the field or the bad results continue. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

I'd like to see Bryce Petty get the nod when he's healthy.

Play him the rest of the year and see what we have when the dust settles.

+1 me too. It does nobody any good to play Geno Smith as we all know he is a goner next year

On 10/9/2016 at 7:41 PM, Maxman said:

I love 5 wide. But I also love a balanced offense. I wish we had fullbacks and tight ends. The thought of running the ball up the middle on 3rd and 1 makes me happy. Instead of doing weird option plays with non-running QBs.

This team is schizophrenic.  We keep a FB on the roster for years during which we have RBs that punish it running up the middle.  This year we don't have a thumper so what do we do, we cut the FB position off the roster.  It's actually comical/clueless.         

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

This team is schizophrenic.  We keep a FB on the roster for years during which we have RBs that punish it running up the middle.  This year we don't have a thumper so what do we do, we cut the FB position off the roster.  It's actually comical/clueless.         

We are carrying the worst TE group in the NFL  outside of Sera-Jenkins

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, he held out because he knew if the Jets didn't sign him for $12M he could get a lower offer from better teams any time he wanted.  We blinked because Geno Smith is that bad.

I don't know what media you listen to, but none of the local newspapers, WFAN, or this forum were flooded with assumptions that he would be Rich Gannon.

We needed Fitzpatrick because Geno sucks so bad, period.  And if you thought this team was going to win 12 games on the strength of its quarterback, wow,  you need to stop reading comic books and buy yourself an encyclopedia.

SAR I

So why didn't he get an offer from another team to start? Only the Broncos shown any semblance of interest in him. 

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/10/is-ryan-fitzpatrick-the-next-rich-gannon/

It’s foolish thinking by those unwilling to accept that players grow at different rates. Circumstance and opportunity shape careers, for better or for worse, leaving some to bounce around for years before blossoming (Rich Gannon) and others to crash and burn too soon (David Carr).

https://www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/jets/ryan-fitzpatrick-elite-qb-matter-jets-article-1.2739221

For the Broncos and the Jets, signing Fitzpatrick would be the perfect stopgap for two teams who feel they have the pieces in place for a run at a title in 2016 if they can just have a dependable passer under center who won’t get in the way of their talented rosters. At 33, Fitzpatrick could still string together a few more dependable seasons and after the best season of his career, could be seeing a late prime of his career much like Rich Gannon did in the early 00’s with the Oakland Raiders.

Fans and media made it seem as if we didn't bring him back we'd suck. 

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Last year was a fluke I realized we were playing the easiest schedule in the league this isn't my first rodeo.

Hi-dee-ho there cowboy, then explain why you were Mr. Optimistic in August and why you had us penciled in for 12 wins?

SAR I

3 minutes ago, August said:

So why didn't he get an offer from another team to start? Only the Broncos shown any semblance of interest in him.

The other teams interested in him did not want to give the Jets urgency and didn't want to give Fitzpatrick leverage.

It's called "negotiating".

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Better to be a Geno Smith fan than to be a fan of Ryan Choker Never Won Anything Fitzpatrick yes its cool. 

Better yet, tell us again how Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't Joe Montana and we are all being fooled.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

The other teams interested in him did not want to give the Jets urgency and didn't want to give Fitzpatrick leverage.

SAR I

Macc failed us in bringing back Ryan Fitzpatrick it set this team backwards for many reasons. No team moving forward brings in a 34 year old QB Macc was obviously reaching. 

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

we are all frustrated Max, this is not 100% on Fitz yes he is playing poorly but most of the team is also. how many passes has Brandon Marshal dropped this year that were very catch able for him? no one is mentioning his crap play this season. Alot of dropped balls, a lack of a secondary, poor in game adjustments, poor qb play, not getting to the QB, turnovers. There are too many reasons that we are losing to blame it on one person and to think a QB change is going to magically fix our problems and make us a winning team is silly. I think we will start looking better from here as our competition softens up a bit but we need to fix our secondary more than we need a qb change, teams know we are weak deep down the field and they are burning us week after week that is not a QB problem.

I totally agree. There are a lot of problems. Coaching might be the biggest one on the list. It is just that you can't address everything at once during the season. I have said it before I would:

1. Make a change at the QB position

2. Make a change in the secondary (Williams benched, Miles more playing time possibly)

3. Bowles and Kacy need to have a really honest talk and make a major chance to the defensive philosophy \ play calling. Because it isn't working right now.

If the season was over, I think there is no doubt that Kacy would be fired. Just can't do that in season.

Better yet, tell us again how Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't Joe Montana and we are all being fooled.

SAR I

Many anointed Ryan Fitzpatrick the greatest QB in Jets history after last season you were all giddy goosing each other growing beards buying Fitz magic t-shirts you were on the bandwagon. 

I never was and never will be. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Defense I figured the defense could win us games I didnt expect Fitz to throw 6 INTs in games. 

So did I, I thought the defense could win us games.  So if you're keeping score its:

1 - Games Ryan Fizpatrick won
0 - Games the Jets defense won

You do realize that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the leading candidate for team MVP right now, yes?

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

So did I, I thought the defense could win us games.  So if you're keeping score its:

1 - Games Ryan Fizpatrick won
0 - Games the Jets defense won

You do realize that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the leading candidate for team MVP right now, yes?

SAR I

SAR I he is at the bottom of every statistic QB related he leads the league in turnovers. 

Sadly you are WRONG. 

My pick if the season ended today would be Qunicy Enunwa. 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I totally agree. There are a lot of problems. Coaching might be the biggest one on the list. It is just that you can't address everything at once during the season. I have said it before I would:

1. Make a change at the QB position

2. Make a change in the secondary (Williams benched, Miles more playing time possibly)

3. Bowles and Kacy need to have a really honest talk and make a major chance to the defensive philosophy \ play calling. Because it isn't working right now.

If the season was over, I think there is no doubt that Kacy would be fired. Just can't do that in season.

Something i have noticed about Williams is that he is decent at ball hawking and he is an okish tackler but he doesn't seem to be doing good at playing tight man coverage. I have been wondering if he would make a decent FS.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Something i have noticed about Williams is that he is decent at ball hawking and he is an okish tackler but he doesn't seem to be doing good at playing tight man coverage. I have been wondering if he would make a decent FS.

So we are going to move every underachiever CB to S imagine that we can put a defense on the field with 4 Safetys. 

Williams is terrible he needs to be benched once and for all. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The rest of the league had the Jets right where they wanted them. Brilliant  

Archived